Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football Tips Thread v3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

ShamoBuc wrote: »

55 gone and Gimnasia score. I have them to win by 1....no more goals pretty please.
    Yeah heres hoping I covered the original stake taking 11/5 + 1.5

• Registered Users Posts: 54,296 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

DoctaDee wrote: »
    What did I miss HS? Any thoughts on the 2 Serie B's in Brazil?

another spam fake address

I dont bet on brazil matches anymore

Headshot wrote: »

another spam fake address

I dont bet on brazil matches anymore
    Oh right grand thanks -

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,885 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

DoctaDee wrote: »
    Yeah heres hoping I covered the original stake taking 11/5 + 1.5

Finished 0-1

Happy days, 3 bets up out of 3:D

Cheers

ShamoBuc wrote: »

Finished 0-1

Happy days, 3 bets up out of 3:D

Cheers
    No prob brother well done. Dont be afraid to return the favour!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

Lass your opinion please!

Reims V Troyes this evening
    Reims win @1.80 looks great value and I'll tell you why I've come to that conclusion, and you can pick holes at it for me :D

Reims home form this season in the league: 4 played, 3 wins, 1 loss. Also this season 11 goals scored, 7 conceded.
    Troyes away form in the league: 4 played, 4 losses. Also this season 9 goals scored, 18 conceded.

SIDELINED:
    Troyes
    Thiago Xavier (M 6/0)
    M. Colin (D 2/0)
    J. Bréchet (D 4/0)
    J. Faussurier (M 7/1)

Reims
    Odaïr Fortes (F 4/0)
    G. Courtet (F 9/4)

My only worries being that Reims top scorer is sidelined, as well as Troyes beating them a few weeks ago in the cup in the same ground. However the odds still seem very good to me or is there anything else I should worry about?

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭hellfish08

Demba Ba to score 2 or more goals v West Brom @ 13/2 Bet365

Demba Ba has scored four goals in three Premier League appearances against Albion, including two braces. He scored twice in this fixture last season and i'm hoping he'll do the same on Sunday. Good price too I think, he's only 4/1 with PP

Another French game which looks a banker is PSG to beat bottom of the table Nancy @1.53.

Yes PSG are away and played midweek, but Nancy must be bottom for a reason right, and PSG's league form has picked up a lot after their slow start. Personally think the odds should be closer to 1/3.

Nancy have lost 3/4 home games drawing the other against another bottom club, they do tend to only lose by the odd goal thou. So any opinions on this would also be appreciated Lass!

My 3rd/4th bet for the weekend i'd like people to scrutinise for me if you will is Chelsea v Utd.

Over 2.5 @8/11 as well as over 3.5 @ 2/1
    BTTS @ 8/13

There has to be goals in this one, personally BTTS looks the safest thou.

Reims/PSG can be doubled up at Odds of 2.76 as well, tempted..

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭tip74

Injuries and suspensions:
    Schalke 04 v Nürnberg
    Schalke 04: Pukki (1/1 f)
    Nürnberg: Schäfer (8/0 g), Stephan (0/0 g), Hlousek (0/0 m), Mendler (0/0 m)
    pick 1

Stade Reims v Troyes AC
    Stade Reims: Peuget, Fortes
    Troyes AC: Faussurier, Drouin, Bréchet, Grax, Thiago
    pick 1

Chicago Fire v DC United
    Chicago Fire: Gibbs
    DC United: Woolard, Tan (both doubtful), Wolff, De Rosario
    pick 1

Torquay Utd v Morecambe FC
    Torquay Utd: Morris (8/1 m), Macklin (5/0 f)
    Morecambe FC: Redshaw (12/5 f), Alessandra (10/1 f) (both doubtful), Ellison (12/3 m), Brodie (13/2 f), Threlfall (10/0 d), Carlton (2/0 f)
    pick 1

GKS Belchatow v Polonia Warszawa
    GKS Belchatow: Wilusz, Basta, Szmatiuk (all doubtful), Mi. Mak, Ma. Mak, Nowak, Baran
    Polonia Warszawa: Yahiya, Kiełb, Kokoszka, Pawełek (doubtful)
    pick 2

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

Another French game which looks a banker is PSG to beat bottom of the table Nancy @1.53.

Yes PSG are away and played midweek, but Nancy must be bottom for a reason right, and PSG's league form has picked up a lot after their slow start. Personally think the odds should be closer to 1/3.

Nancy have lost 3/4 home games drawing the other against another bottom club, they do tend to only lose by the odd goal thou. So any opinions on this would also be appreciated Lass!

My 3rd/4th bet for the weekend i'd like people to scrutinise for me if you will is Chelsea v Utd.

Over 2.5 @8/11 as well as over 3.5 @ 2/1
    BTTS @ 8/13

There has to be goals in this one, personally BTTS looks the safest thou.

Reims/PSG can be doubled up at Odds of 2.76 as well, tempted..

I am scared of French football

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

About Reims vs Troyes: It's a derby so be careful, also Reims are clearly overperforming if you ask me, both teams are crap imo. I wouldn't go big on this game personally, I think anything can happen here. Troyes have won 4 of their last 3 games vs Reims and even beat them in a cup game this season.

Nancy vs PSG: It's definitely not a banker, top vs bottom games don't always go as planned, remember Marseille vs Troyes :rolleyes: and yesterday I saw Valletta (top of the league in Malta) failed the beat the team bottom of the league. For some reason Nancy always do well vs PSG and they're the only team that beat PSG twice last season. They always play very defensive vs the big teams and I'm not sure how PSG will cope with the artificial grass. I'm on unders personally, even if PSG go 1-0 up Nancy will continue to play anti football.

Ok, cool will keep that in mind, about PSG thou, and the H2H, I had a look at that last night, it got me worried but I then got thinking that its not really the same PSG that lost and drew all those games any more, PSG sucked pretty badly at times in the recent past.

Thanks for the advice thou, might pass on the bets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭ConorCBS

Premier League - Man City vs. Swansea.

Could be a mistake relying on a team who let me down on Wednesday night but Man City in the Premier League are a totally different proposition. Manchester City have lost none of their last 33 Premier League home games, winning 30. No team has prevented City from scoring in the Citizens’ last 35 Premier League games at the Etihad Stadium. Swansea have won just 1 and lost 5 of their last 7 Premier League away games.

Man City to beat Swansea @1.25.

--

La Liga - Rayo Vallecano vs. Barcelona.

Barcelona have won seven of their first eight games this season, only dropping points against Real Madrid. Barcelona have a 100% away record in La Liga this season, but have failed to keep a clean sheet on the road. Rayo Vallecano have only won 1 of their last 6 league games. Barcelona won this fixture 7-0 last season.

Barcelona to beat Rayo Vallecano @1.25.

--

La Liga - Mallorca vs. Real Madrid.

Mallorca have lost their last 3 La Liga matches. Real Madrid have won 3 of their last 4, only drawing to Barcelona. Real Madrid have won their last 3 league games against Mallorca, winning this fixture 2-1 last year. Real Madrid need to win to and keep pace with Barcelona, and even Atletico Madrid at this stage, in the hope that they will slip up.

Real Madrid to beat Mallorca @1.40.

--

€150 - All to win @2.19. (Paddy Power)

• Registered Users Posts: 54,296 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Headshot wrote: »
    Villa v Norwich.
    I have to research the match but what I really tempts me is Holt anytime scorer 9/4. Holt wanted you to go to villa but the deal collapsed. Holt will want to prove he's worth against villa and he's old manager

went for that

the man is on form at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭lamoss

With a quater of the season nearly gone in the premiership, it is crucial that the teams that are struggling need to keep in touch with the leaders and the ones down the bottom need to get their acts together. Arsenal v Qpr is an example of this.

Wenger knows that arsenal have to keep up, and Hughes knows his ar*e is on the line at Qpr so I reckon a draw could come out of this game.

Arsenal @ 9/2 draw
    Everton @ 9/4 draw.

€ 5 single each
    €3 double @ 14-1 ish.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

Going for this one...

Adams Wincast @ 6.00 (Crawley v Oldham)

Crawley are on a good run of form at home
    Oldham are seemingly useless away
    Adams is one of Crawley top goal scores this season

It's possible!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,858 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

went for this treble

avoiding arsenal given how bad they looked in their last two
    qpr +2 8/11
    dortmund 4/5
    fulham dnb 4/6

its unlikely but small bet on qpr at 15/2 also
    prob wont win but i dont see arsenal rolling over them either

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

€30 single on Kilmarnock to score a goal against Celtic today @ 11/10

Celtic will be tired after a tough game midweek and teams tend to be poor after midweek champions league games, Kilmarnock well capable of scoring so worth a punt.

Elsewhere

€10 Double

Wigan V West Ham - Over 2.5 goals @ 8/11
    Reading V Fulham - Over 2.5 goals @ 8/11

Returns €29.84

and a €4 accum on over 2.5 goals in the following games

Barnsley V Notts Forrest
    Ipswich V Sheffield Wednesday
    Middlesbrough V Bolton
    Peterborough V Derby

Returns €38..76

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Avfctom

Little bet for today i fancy nothin big

Stoke to beat sunderland
    Blackburn to beat watford
    Crawley to beat oldham
    Brentford to beat hartlepool

11/1 £10

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭francie81

Greuther 1-0 Bremen :rolleyes: is Bayern the only team in that league you can rely on **** sake

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

shocksy wrote: »

Bingo!

I hate you, Celtic need to win :mad:

Celtic will be tired after a tough game midweek and teams tend to be poor after midweek champions league games, Kilmarnock well capable of scoring so worth a punt.

In before half time. Celtic have been awful poor in the first half. I just knew they wouldn't show up today after playing Barcelona midweek.

Hopefully they turn it around though especially for anyone who needs them to win...

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭deckycoop

any sign of a goal in arsenel game...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

City to score in both halves 8/11.

City very rarely fail to pull this off at home to weaker sides. It's come in for almost every home game since the start of last season.

Levante Win Evens

They've won their last 3 matches and are very strong at home, winning their last 6. Meanwhile Granada have a dismal away record, just 2 wins in the last 14 and they are missing a few players.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Ugh, I wussed out of a big bet. Kilmarnock were 1.46 to win with 20 minutes to go on Bet365 - transferred €500 from savings to current a/c but couldn't hit the button :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Kolarov 5/1 anytime GS, playing LW against Swansea.

mailburner wrote: »
    went for this treble

avoiding arsenal given how bad they looked in their last two
    qpr +2 8/11
    dortmund 4/5
    fulham dnb 4/6

not too bad

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

If a match is in progress, please post in the Live betting thread - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056760274&page=35

• Advertisement

€30 single on Kilmarnock to score a goal against Celtic today @ 11/10 (WIN)

Elsewhere

€10 Double

Wigan V West Ham - Over 2.5 goals @ 8/11
    Reading V Fulham - Over 2.5 goals @ 8/11

Returns €29.84 (WIN)

and a €4 accum on over 2.5 goals in the following games

Barnsley V Notts Forrest
    Ipswich V Sheffield Wednesday
    Middlesbrough V Bolton
    Peterborough V Derby

Returns €38..76 (WIN)

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM :D:D:D