Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football Tips Thread v3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

European hangover seems to be alive and well today ... I'm taking Swansea DC @ 16/5

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Fundamental Bettor

Swansea travel to the Etihad Stadium to take on the reigning champions. Man City had a poor loss against Ajax midweek and will be looking to bounce back with a significant win against Swansea who have conceded at least 2 goals in 5 of their last 6 league matches and will be under constant pressure from City who will be recalling Carlos Tevez to their starting line-up after he played 20 minutes against Ajax.

Man City score the majority of their goals in the second half and will be able to take advantage of a fatigued Swansea who are used to playing a possession game but will be on the back foot against City and will be out of their element.

Selection: Man City to score 2 or more second half goals
    Bookmaker: Paddy Power
    Odds: 11/10

• Registered Users Posts: 54,296 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I was wondering why the odds were so low on AC Milan but iv read that you can probably put on your house on Milan win. Fixed match iv heard

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,885 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Milan ht/ft at 11/10 looks tasty - worth tenner I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

Headshot wrote: »
    I was wondering why the odds were so low on AC Milan but iv read that you can probably put on your house on Milan win. Fixed match iv heard

Where did you see this out of interest?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭hellfish08

Anyone backing Milan ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

hellfish08 wrote: »
    Anyone backing Milan ?

The few minutes I've watched Milan look well capable of creating chances, the are a bit useless at converting them thou..

Considering on waiting for odds to hit evens and take a shot on them, but their form truly is woeful..

Where did you see this out of interest?

betting forums

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,885 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Milan ht/ft at 11/10 looks tasty - worth tenner I think.

0-0 at ht :(

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Hamadeusentman

One bet for me in Rayo v Barcelona match: Pedro to score 2 or more - 4/1. €10 on.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

1st Rayo Vallecano goal before the 78th minute @1.83

Seeing how solid Barca's defence is this season, looks a decent bet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

Any thoughts on the PL games tommorow?
    . Everton at around 8/5 looks tasty, home advantage in the derby and Liverpool had a match on Thursday night last.
    Wouldnt know where to put my money in Chelsea v United. I fancy Chelsea but United have the ability to grind out results when needed, so I might give it a miss

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Given the attack force of the two teams, I am going for over 2.5, 3.5 and 4.5 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭sboyle01

Chelsea to score first 5/6. Good chance at home and Utd have been conceding the first goal regularly this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,858 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

singles on
    chelsea 7/5

everton dnb 4/5

spurs 4/5

treble also at nearly 7/1

most confident of chelsea

Zaragoza v Sevilla

Have to say im loving the odds on Negredo to score. The man is on fire at the moment. Iv a fair good record betting on him (the bad thing is I forgot to bet on him alot) 3 out of 4 wins iirc

lets see can I make it 4

Alvaro Negredo Real Zaragoza v Sevilla
    (To Score at Any Time) 28/10/2012 7/5
    Stake: 50.00 To Win: 70.00

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭tip74

Injuries and suspensions:
    Sampdoria v Cagliari Calcio
    Sampdoria: Obiang (0/0), Pozzi (3/1 f), Krsticic (8/0 m), Maresca (6/1 m), Romero (7/0 g), Da Costa (0/0 g), Costa (8/1 d)
    Cagliari Calcio: Cossu (4/0 m), Pinilla (4/1 f)

AS Roma v Udinese Calcio
    AS Roma: Balzaretti (7/0 d), Lobont (0/0 g), Taddei (3/0 m)
    Udinese Calcio: Basta (3/1 d), Benatia (7/0 d), Badu (3/0 m), Pasquale (5/0 d), Pinzi (7/1 m) (all doubtful), Muriel (2/0 f), Danilo (8/0 d)

SSC Napoli v ChievoVerona
    SSC Napoli: -
    ChievoVerona: Squizzi (0/0 g), Paloschi (0/0 f), Sardo (7/0 d), Cesar (6/0 d)

Sparta Praha v Slovan Liberec
    Sparta Praha: -
    Slovan Liberec: Musiol (4/0 f), Tóth (3/0 d), Butenin (0/0 d), Ndiaye (3/0 f)

Sogndal v Aalesund FK
    Sogndal: Næss (0/0 d), Rudolfsen (0/0 f), Røed (0/0 d), Furebotn (24/1 m)
    Aalesund FK: Arnefjord (23/6 d), Phillips (19/0 m), Rørvik (0/0 g), Sellami (0/0 m), Wembangomo (12/0 d), Myklebust (12/0 m), Ulvestad (21/2 f) (doubtful)

SD Ponferradina v Hércules CF
    SD Ponferradina: Rosario (0/0 d), Mateo (0/0 f)
    Hércules CF: Escassi (7/1 m), Alejandro (1/0 m), Braulio (4/1 f), Falcón (8/0 first goalkeeper), Sellés (1/0 m), Mérida (9/1 m)

FC Lorient v AC Ajaccio
    FC Lorient: Mareque (6/0 d), Touré (0/0 d), Ecuele Manga (1/0 d), Coutadeur (1/0 m), Autret (5/0 m), Gassama (0/0 d), Chaigneau (0/0 g), Le Lan (4/0 d), Emeghara (1/0 f)
    AC Ajaccio: Lasne (5/0 m), Felipe (0/0 d), Cavalli (8/1 m)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

Southampton v Tottenham
    Second half most goals @ evens with Boyles
    There has been 16 goals scored in Southampton's home games 4 in the first half and 12 in the second also all of tottenhams away games have been over 2.5 goals do there should be plenty of goals here

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5 Mr Slop

Go large on Chelsea draw no bet at 1.75

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

over 1.5 1st half psv v ajax. should be a couple of goals in this one . hopefully no european hangovers,psv played a weakened side thurs for this one,if its like the dutch super cup game in august itll be a cracker

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

It is Feyenoord - Ajax ....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

seanhynes wrote: »
    over 1.5 1st half psv v ajax. should be a couple of goals in this one . hopefully no european hangovers,psv played a weakened side thurs for this one,if its like the dutch super cup game in august itll be a cracker

nice 6/4 were the odds, got mixed up there,bet came in anyhow

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭JoeCole26

Have gone

Everton DNB
    Spurs win

2/1

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭cup of tea

gone for

Chels dnb

Liverpool to win the corner count(king of corners.everton without extra with in pienar)

Over 2.5 in Spurs Shamton....both will conceded in my book

under 5.5 cards in Chelsea United(was surprised I was able to combine this in an accum given that chels dnb are in the first leg of the accum.Don't think it will be as heated an affair as the bookies thing.6 cards is a lot to attain, thinks its too high a line)

Comes in at aroudn 8/1

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭PurpleSt4in

PP have RVP & United enhanced to 5/1. In my experience, this tends to mean avoid like the plague.

I expect a goalfest, both sides' defences are suspect and both offences are more than capable of scoring freely

Chelsea to win & 5 or more goals is my pick for the day, small wager

15/2

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭Brain Stroking

Have RVP anytime goalscorer in my accum at 15/8. Did well here last season for Arsenal. Also had Ba first goalscorer insurebet at 2/1 in the accum so hopefully RVP does the business

Have RVP anytime goalscorer in my accum at 15/8. Did well here last season for Arsenal. Also had Ba first goalscorer insurebet at 2/1 in the accum so hopefully RVP does the business

Get in :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Lol Falcao anytime is at... 1.15 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭PurpleSt4in

PP have RVP & United enhanced to 5/1. In my experience, this tends to mean avoid like the plague.

I expect a goalfest, both sides' defences are suspect and both offences are more than capable of scoring freely

Chelsea to win & 5 or more goals is my pick for the day, small wager

15/2

11 v 11 was a tough task but Ivanovic's sending off was the end of my bet. Thought Torres' was a joke of a red though.

• Advertisement

Looking to use some winnings on both Madrid clubs (-1). Real find it tough traditionally in Mallorca but have unreal firepower and could easily win 3-0. Atletico play Osasuna, who are bottom of the league, at home. Falcao plays so i fancy them to win by 2 clear goals.

Paddy Power paying out 3.67 on the double

Edit: slightly less. Real came in from evens to 5/6

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement