Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football Tips Thread v3

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

Might have a small bet on BTTS in Malcorca v Madrid at 4/5 and Malorca double chance at 11/5
    Madrid are very short price after a defeat midweek in champions league

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

Having a cheeky €10 on Mallorca DNB @ 7.00

Looks value, as Madrid can easily slip up playing Away.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

No matter what but odds for over 2,5 in the Real game lower than it was or the Atletico match was ridiculous.

Gone for Madrid corners over 6,5 @1.72

• Registered Users Posts: 23,858 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

a few euro on malaga at 8s
    too big to leave alone esp after the champs league game for real

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Given the attack force of the two teams, I am going for over 2.5, 3.5 and 4.5 ;)

God, I needed that today :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

I see 2 bets that stand out for Tuesday/Wednesday:

Wigan -1 @ 1.70, at home vs Bradford City, a league 2 side.

Bastia @ 1.78 at home vs Auxerre, I'll just have to check if they take the league cup seriously or not.

also, why are Aston Villa @ 2.05 vs a league 1 side, are Villa that bad?

(just kidding Avfctom ;))

edit: Bradford will probably be without their 2 regular CBs:
    http://www.bradfordcityfc.co.uk/news/article/head-counted-needed-for-wigan-451257.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

tinodz wrote: »
    Having a cheeky €10 on Mallorca DNB @ 7.00

Looks value, as Madrid can easily slip up playing Away.

Well feck this thing

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭Brain Stroking

Seeing as Spain is pretty much a two-horse race, it would be interesting to see what Madrid's win-ratio is like on a wkd where they play after Barcelona and when Barcelona have also won. And their win ratio when they play first on a given weekend.

May be a way of sensing a blip against a smaller team when thinking of betting a large amount on a Madrid win

inforfun wrote: »
    No matter what but odds for over 2,5 in the Real game lower than it was or the Atletico match was ridiculous.

Gone for Madrid corners over 6,5 @1.72

They had 5 at HT.... and 6 at FT
    **** that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭ConorCBS

ConorCBS wrote: »
    Premier League - Man City vs. Swansea.

Could be a mistake relying on a team who let me down on Wednesday night but Man City in the Premier League are a totally different proposition. Manchester City have lost none of their last 33 Premier League home games, winning 30. No team has prevented City from scoring in the Citizens’ last 35 Premier League games at the Etihad Stadium. Swansea have won just 1 and lost 5 of their last 7 Premier League away games.

Man City to beat Swansea @1.25.

--

La Liga - Rayo Vallecano vs. Barcelona.

Barcelona have won seven of their first eight games this season, only dropping points against Real Madrid. Barcelona have a 100% away record in La Liga this season, but have failed to keep a clean sheet on the road. Rayo Vallecano have only won 1 of their last 6 league games. Barcelona won this fixture 7-0 last season.

Barcelona to beat Rayo Vallecano @1.25.

--

La Liga - Mallorca vs. Real Madrid.

Mallorca have lost their last 3 La Liga matches. Real Madrid have won 3 of their last 4, only drawing to Barcelona. Real Madrid have won their last 3 league games against Mallorca, winning this fixture 2-1 last year. Real Madrid need to win to and keep pace with Barcelona, and even Atletico Madrid at this stage, in the hope that they will slip up.

Real Madrid to beat Mallorca @1.40.

--

€150 - All to win @2.19. (Paddy Power)

Boom! :cool:

Needed that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

b051906408682879655716df7585be8a.png?1351465057

Opinions on this guys.

Not sure whether or not to place it :/

In the time since I posted that (2 seconds ago) decided to place it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Avfctom

I see 2 bets that stand out for Tuesday/Wednesday:

Wigan -1 @ 1.70, at home vs Bradford City, a league 2 side.

Bastia @ 1.78 at home vs Auxerre, I'll just have to check if they take the league cup seriously or not.

also, why are Aston Villa @ 2.05 vs a league 1 side, are Villa that bad?

(just kidding Avfctom ;))

Lol cant say im confident myself against a league one side depends which villa turn up there determined to win this competiton for stlyian petrov we knocked a almost full strentgh man city side out last round if where in the right mind set snd dont take things for grsnted should have enough to get the job done

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭BettorAssist

Very generous odds on Inter to beat Sampdoria.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,296 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Anybody got a good betting review on the Almere City v BV Veendam match?

I went for overs last night but iv noticed a drift in the odds today and would like to know why?

Only looking at stats, Headshot.

Last 5 H2H had 3x unders
    Veendam sored 11 and conceded 12 this season, only 3 teams have lower totals in their matches.
    But then again, Almere has the highest.

I have tried to find team news (goal scorers injuries) but cant find anything

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Just gone for a single on Valladolid tonight @ 21/20, purely based on home v away record in the league for them and Sociedad, the latter of whom haven't won away away so far this season.

Only doubt over this is that United legend Manucho will be missing. He's been in decent goal scoring form for both club and country this past month.

3b0723907ab359901b56922b9e7f0609.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Ay tips on the Universidad de Chile game? I'm thinking of putting a few quid on them -1 at 11/10.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Austria!

Is El Shaarawy playing up front on his own for AC Milan this year? He's scoring loads, but I thought Pazzini was the main striker, and also Pato?

Austria! wrote: »
    Is El Shaarawy playing up front on his own for AC Milan this year? He's scoring loads, but I thought Pazzini was the main striker, and also Pato?

Patos been injured aswell as robinhio pazzini seems to come off the bench in games aswell as bojan think pato will be there number one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

Radonman wrote: »
    Southampton v Tottenham
    Second half most goals @ evens with Boyles
    There has been 16 goals scored in Southampton's home games 4 in the first half and 12 in the second also all of tottenhams away games have been over 2.5 goals do there should be plenty of goals here

:( Stats rule:rolleyes:- at least the overs came in to cover my azz

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

From Bradford City's website:

After suffering injuries at Burton Albion, defensive pair Luke Oliver and Andrew Davies are definitely out as they await the results of scans on achilles and knee problems respectively.

Along with the centre half pairing, Ritchie Jones is set to miss out due to a stomach virus, while Craig Forsyth is cup-tied after playing for Watford against City earlier in the competition.

With Ricky Ravenhill also set start his three-game ban at Wigan following his Burton red, fellow midfielder Gary Jones is a doubt to feature as Parkinson looks to ease him back into action following his recent back problem.

Wigan -1 is still @ 1.70

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

Wigan -1 is still @ 1.70

Cheers. Went for this Wigan -1 @1.74 on Betfair

Stoke are 17/10 on PP for next weeks game away to Norwich. I think that's fantastic odds considering how poor Norwich are. Worth a look.

FatRat wrote: »
    Stoke are 17/10 on PP for next weeks game away to Norwich. I think that's fantastic odds considering how poor Norwich are. Worth a look.

Hmmm stoke are usually poor away from home its the kind of game norwich have to be winning to stay in the division they beat arsenal played very well then drew with villa Saturday and they battered us brad guzan was all that stopped them from taking all three points think there finding some form myself im half tempted by norwich

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Cheers. Went for this Wigan -1 @1.74 on Betfair

gone big on this. better odds on PP and ladbrokes btw (1.80 and 1.83). good luck to us all

ladbrokes -2 @3.20 and -3 @6.50 best odds for anyone feeling more dangerous

FatRat wrote: »
    Ay tips on the Universidad de Chile game? I'm thinking of putting a few quid on them -1 at 11/10.
    Yes, i got one.
    Dont bet on tonights game because it is postponed.

They play Sao Paulo on wednesday. That is why tonights game is rescheduled for the 14th

They play Sao Paulo on wednesday. That is why tonights game is rescheduled for the 14th

Im surprised by the odds on overs in this match, 2 great goal scoring teams. Maybe there's somthing I dont know or its because its a 2 legs afair

Yes, i got one.
    Dont bet on tonights game because it is postponed.

Not a bad tip. Thanks lad.

so which to choose

over 2.5 in the leeds match or arsenal match?

• Advertisement

Headshot wrote: »
    Im surprised by the odds on overs in this match, 2 great goal scoring teams. Maybe there's something I dont know or its because its a 2 legs afair

If Sao Paulo's last round results are anything to go by, 0-0 and 1-1, i can see why actually.
    U de Chile's first match in the last round i watched, 2-2 vs Emelec, and it was a win away from home, 1-0 that got them through.

I get the feeling U de Chile is playing a bit more careful since a few months. Without the likes of Vargas, Fernandes and Henriquez it isnt so much " we dont mind if you score, we will score more anyway" anymore.

Sao Paulo also doesnt have a lot of overs away from home in the Brasilian league fwiw, 7 in the last 20 away.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement