Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football Tips Thread v3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

a few quid also on Michu anytime, lone striker up against a much-weakened Liverpool starting XI. 11/4 quite fancy this one

• Registered Users Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Inter and Udinese double just under 2/1 for me

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

Gonna try a treble, Chelsea, Spurs and Liverpool @ 6.14
    Although I am still not convinced how seriously some teams take this comp

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭rossit

what station is the liverpool game on please

rossit wrote: »

None I think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

http://www.wiziwig.tv/broadcast.php?matchid=178042&part=sports

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Austria!

bet365?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Shelvey, Dempsey and Mata AGS Treble with PP, just over 22/1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Early Lamela goal. Let's go Roma!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

On the fixed game tips, I don't want to come across as a spoil sport or anything like that as I can appreciate the thoughts of a guaranteed 16/1 bet coming in is pretty exciting. I've been betting on football for the last 7 - 8 years in a fair amount of depth, and I know there are fixes in football and corruption does go on in the game. I've read all the books there is to read on corruption in the game, I've read all the articles on the Asian rings that fundamentally run most of the fixing in the world, stretching to all league levels in Turkey, Greece, Cyprus, Russia, MLS, all the Easter European leagues, and even the lower leagues in some of the more competitive nations (Germany, England, Ireland :( ) .

But please believe me and save your money when I tell you that you are being scammed, and I don't mean from Tom, he's more than likely innocent in this.

1. You need to realize that match fixing is a massive money maker for the fixers and there hardly going to jeopardize being caught or traced by selling games too 3rd party's who would so easily sell it onto Tom for it only to appear on a public forum? that would be very stupid by the sellers. You will not find fixed games on the internet for that type of money at least.

2. The odds, 16/1???? this alone should tell any half experienced gambler to walk away as its rubbish, odds are mainly affected by 2 things, the perceived chance of the bet coming in, and then the reaction to money being placed on that bet. So on the first point, if the game is in fact fixed then this point can be disregarded as it has no bearing, so onto the second point. The reaction of money being placed on the bet should affect the odds, and if the result is indeed fixed then then the odds of the bet would be nowhere near 16/1 as the money wagered should of driven the odds down, especially if the bet is as readily available to public buyers like Tom. I dont mean this in any way offensive but the majority of people from "here" that would be betting on it are using small stakes in comparison to the big guys who would bet on fixes in the €10'000s and this would most definitely drive down the odds if it was fixed. Do any bit of research at all, by the time the big hitters are finished with there betting, you would be lucky/grateful to get odds of 1.50( or 1/2) on a fixed result.

3. I'm going to try explain the method that the scammer most likely has used on Tom, or who ever else that may now "trust" his fixes.

So yesterday you got a fix for that German away club to win at 5/2 ish right? The seller asked you to pay after the game when it wins, this alone creates a bit of trust between you.

Imagine now that there was over 100 games on yesterday and that seller had lets say 20 different "fixes" that he has created to sell to people with decent odds probably between evens and 3/1. He will sell or give as he done with you, a different game to 19 other buyers like Tom and ask for payment when the bet comes in. the majority of these bets wont come in as they're all just educated guesses, but he doesn't care as it doesn't cost him anything. All he needs is just one to come in and he's got a good chance of getting the 50 euro from you and he now has the trust and belief from you that he has quality fixed tips and can charge you 100 - 200 for the next game but it has "better odds".

Imagine if the seller can hit just one game a day for buyers like yourself, he'll get 300 - 400 a week from the "after payment" of the 1st fix and potentially 700 - 1400 for the next big tip and since you will be paying beforehand for the result of the bigger odds game, the result doesn't matter to him as he already has your money.

I'll repeat again, I dont want to be a spoil sport, but you're being scammed and I'd hate to see ye lose money and I'd hate more to see the scammer pocket money.

Finally, if ye still go ahead with the bet, I'm part of a group that verified over 50 - 60 sellers in the past with not 1 actual reliable source, if Tom wants to pass me on the name of his seller ( in PM) or more than likely his facebook profile, i'll be able to tell you if its someone that the group has previously verified.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭BettorAssist

When I seen the payment structure that was the first thing that came to mind but curiosity is getting the better of me.

That old scam you described TiltedBrain came to mind when I heard of the upfront payment.

If it was genuine tipping they wont try to sting you for e200 per tip. They will charge a lot less and keep you long term and get more than e200 with a good track record.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

i think he mentioned thats its 100 before and 100 after it comes in = 200

if he wanted the 200 straight up it would be more fishy..

i was keeping an eye on the match yesterday and at one stage they were 9, 10/1 and judging by the odds in the game they looked like they were being dominated so it was interesting to see them win.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

magherakid wrote: »
    Liverpool v Swansea
    BTTS 5/6
    Can see Swansea raising their game for this one and likewise Brendan Rodgers will want to get one over his former club.

boom :D

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭frat

Avfctom wrote: »
    Ok any one who is interested add me on facebook tom oreilly gabby agbonlahor is mynprofile picture

Is this a tip or a 'fixed' match?

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭frat

Avfctom wrote: »
    Ok any one who is interested add me on facebook tom oreilly gabby agbonlahor is mynprofile picture

Is this a tip or a 'fixed' match?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭ConorCBS

ConorCBS wrote: »
    Serie A - Inter Milan vs. Sampdoria.

3rd placed Inter Milan have won their last 5 Serie A matches. Newly promoted Sampdoria haven't won in 6, losing their last 4 in a row.

€100 - Inter Milan to win @1.53. (Bet365)

Boom! :cool:

Love when a match actually goes along with the stats for a change!

Will be sticking to Serie A for the midweek bets

Juventus to beat Bologna
    Inter to beat Sampdoria
    Parma v Roma - over 2.5 goals

I wonder how much should I be charging? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭TheJackAttack

I did a double of Norwich and Swansea.

AVB has no interest in League Cup and Liverpool are to rest some of big names and play a reserve type team.

I'm here all week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

Just spotted this for the weekend

Newcastle & Alloa double works out around 19/1 surely worth a two euro punt

Gonna try a treble, Chelsea, Spurs and Liverpool @ 6.14
    Although I am still not convinced how seriously some teams take this comp

Obviously betting on the league cup is madness

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

I will be having a small play on Swansea outright, Swansea draw no bet and Swansea +1 and for a laugh Swansea -1.

Let me tell you all how happy I was with Swansea's last minute goal :-) Swansea -1 was 14/1!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Schorpio

Had an accumulator on Inverness to win, Chelsea to draw and Norwich to win. Switched off after Spurs went one-nil up and Chelsea were losing. Needless to say, I ended the night a happy man! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,157 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Backed Newcastle(v liverpool) at 7.2 on exchanges with view to laying off before the game .

Price will come down.

Backed Newcastle(v liverpool) at 7.2 on exchanges with view to laying off before the game .

Price will come down.

Demba Ba likely to be out for the this one and they are not a mug punter acc team and you may find the value seekers looking elsewhere. Could be a dodgy trade.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Demba Ba likely to be out for the this one and they are not a mug punter acc team and you may find the value seekers looking elsewhere. Could be a dodgy trade.

Would agree with that. Much safer to lay Liverpool and trade on that in running IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Falconno4

Levante away to 3rd division Melillia in the Cup at 5pm, Mililla seem to be struggling on the League also. Levante 10/11.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Avfctom

Right guys anyone intererested who isunt on facebook. Message me as we are paying for it tommorow

• Registered Users Posts: 16 anchor man

anyone else think man utd at 4/6 to beat the arsenal is a generous price?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

anchor man wrote: »
    anyone else think man utd at 4/6 to beat the arsenal is a generous price?

It's not great. Would be around 10/11 ,evens any other year. Wer conceding too many to be starting as short as that. Would be better backing goals at the minute,overs and 3.5 seem solid

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Interested to see odds on Rooney 2+.
    Arsenal defense isnt that great already and they probably will be very much focused on Van Persie

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement