Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football Tips Thread v3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Backed Newcastle(v liverpool) at 7.2 on exchanges with view to laying off before the game .

Price will come down.

I dunno. I've been laying Liverpool all year and the closer it gets to kick off, the shorter they seem to get.

Anyways, they are 8/13 at the moment. Like seriously? Every single home game they seem to be a ridiculous price. This one is nearly as bad as the 5/6 at home to Arsenal earlier in the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

There was a private little forum set up but it hasn't been used for months.

Maybe get that up and running again?

The forum is gone but we've a Facebook group running, anyone is welcome once they're willing to contribute.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Falconno4 wrote: »
    Levante away to 3rd division Melillia in the Cup at 5pm, Mililla seem to be struggling on the League also. Levante 10/11.

Levante must be all over them at the moment. They have traded as low as 1.34 in the first 10 minutes without scoring.

Opr

• Registered Users Posts: 34,157 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Demba Ba likely to be out for the this one and they are not a mug punter acc team and you may find the value seekers looking elsewhere. Could be a dodgy trade.
    Hulk Hands wrote: »
    I dunno. I've been laying Liverpool all year and the closer it gets to kick off, the shorter they seem to get.

Anyways, they are 8/13 at the moment. Like seriously? Every single home game they seem to be a ridiculous price. This one is nearly as bad as the 5/6 at home to Arsenal earlier in the season.

Just got matched at 6's there so made tidy sum

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

opr wrote: »

Levante must be all over them at the moment. They have traded as low as 1.34 in the first 10 minutes without scoring.

Opr
    1-0 down

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

I would be backing Liverpool to concede goals. The defense and midfield not good this season . Btts is usually a good one

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

1-0 down

The market on betfair is crazy for this match. It's one of those unmanned. Levante matched at 8-1 for over 1k when it was 0-0. Even now 1-0 down they are only trading at 2-1.

Opr

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭niginator

Right lads new here, joining to try and keep myself from doing bets just for the sake of it and in general to improve my betting..... and of course win money;)

Anyway I'll start by doing a double of Sporting Gijon draw no bet 1/2 and hellerup to score 1 or more goals 4/9 . Gijon's home form has been pretty good lately and Osasuna have been no great shakes away. I also see Hellerup scoring at home.

Here's hoping for a winning start.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Feyenoord team vs DZBXerxes (2nd tier amateurs, also from Rotterdam)

Lamprou; Elabdellaoui, De Vrij, Mathijsen, Nelom; Vormer, Singh, Vilhena; Schaken, Pellè en Goossens.

Not the 1st 11 but strong nevertheless.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭jk86

Going for a double with Indipendiente and over 2.5 in the Cerro Portena game.

Average of 4.1 goals per game in Cerro Prtena's last 13 home games, so why not...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭niginator

jk86 wrote: »
    Going for a double with Indipendiente and over 2.5 in the Cerro Portena game.

Average of 4.1 goals per game in Cerro Prtena's last 13 home games, so why not...

Taking the over 2.5 at evens as a single myself, was tempted by the over 3.5 but I'll see how things go in-play!

opr wrote: »
    The market on betfair is crazy for this match. It's one of those unmanned. Levante matched at 8-1 for over 1k when it was 0-0. Even now 1-0 down they are only trading at 2-1.

Opr

yeah its funny I traded in and out of this game made a nice little bit, small money but profit all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

The forum is gone but we've a Facebook group running, anyone is welcome once they're willing to contribute.

Link me that there will ya, don't have fb but might set up and account for this if i can't do it through pm'ing

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭jezztips

TIP OF THE DAY - MUST READ - FREE MONEY

Free Money from Sky Bet, It does not even matter if you already have an account.

Follow these instructions to the full.

Go to sky bet

Deposit £15 in your account, if you don’t have an account, create one and you will also get a free £10 bet

Click on My Account, got to Promotions

Type in Vegas20 – it will say accepted

Go to Sky Vegas and play Roulette

Put £5 on red, £5 on black and 50p on zero (must do)

Spin

Your £20 free bet will now be visible above your winnings at the top of the screen

Now put £10 on black, £10 on red and a quid on zero

Spin, take your winnings and close the window

Go back to My Account>Promotions

Type in Vegas10

Go to Sky Vegas and play Roulette

Put £2.50 on red, £2.50 on black, 50p on zero

Spin

Your £10 free bet will now be visible above your winnings at the top of the screen

Now put £5 on red, £5 on black and £1 on zero

Spin, take your winnings and close the window.

You will be £27 quid up!

You can now withdraw your funds!

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭iHateManCity

does anyone happen to know if all Premier league games ever went over 2.5 goals in 1 week of games?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Link me that there will ya, don't have fb but might set up and account for this if i can't do it through pm'ing

It's a private group so can't be linked, if you decide to set up a FB, PM me and I'll put you into the group. Same goes to anyone on here who wants in, only two conditions: bets/tips stay in the group unless their your own and that you contribute whether it be a like or a comment the odd time at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

does anyone happen to know if all Premier league games ever went over 2.5 goals in 1 week of games?

Only 5 of the 10 games went over 2.5 goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

QPR v READING
    The only two teams still without a league win. However the fact QPR are the home team and have invested heavily in the summer and the pressure is really on. QPR have impressed me recently, they kept Arsenal out for 80mins at the weekend, and held a good Everton side the previous week. Throw in the fact that QPR had a free week to prepare for this game, whereas Reading had a physically and emotionallly draining game against Arsenal that went to extra time. Based on all this I have to go with the QPR win at 4/5.
    I'm also going to back QPR to be drawing at half time and winning at full time at 15/4. I think the fatigue for the Reading players will really set in during the second half.

LIVERPOOL v NEWCASTLE
    This game pits a team with one home win in 5 against a team who have yet to pick up a win on their travels. Again Newcastle had a week to prepare having already been knocked out of the Carling Cup, whereas Liverpool's disappointing home form continued as they were dumpef out of the Carling Cup by Swansea. However this game shouldnt be too detrimental on the Liverpool's players conditioning as it was mostly a reserve side. Although key men Gerrard and Suarez were given 45mins each. As I've already stated I think this is a poor Liverpool side and theres no way yhey should be as short as 1/2 for the win. Newcastle although not as impressive as last year are strong in the midfield, where liverpool are at their strongest. They will also be able to use Guiterrez to nullify one of Liverpool's biggest threats in Glen Johnson. For these reasons I'll back the draw at 3/1.
    Demba Ba anytime 13/5 7 league goals this season.

Mark! wrote: »
    Only 5 of the 10 games went over 2.5 goals.

I think he meant in the history of the PL, not last week.

Happened 2x last year iirc that all teams scored in a league round. Dont know if they ever had all matches over 2,5.

Odds will probably be lower on BTTS.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

Shane St. wrote: »
    QPR v READING
    The only two teams still without a league win. However the fact QPR are the home team and have invested heavily in the summer and the pressure is really on. QPR have impressed me recently, they kept Arsenal out for 80mins at the weekend, and held a good Everton side the previous week. Throw in the fact that QPR had a free week to prepare for this game, whereas Reading had a physically and emotionallly draining game against Arsenal that went to extra time. Based on all this I have to go with the QPR win at 4/5.
    I'm also going to back QPR to be drawing at half time and winning at full time at 15/4. I think the fatigue for the Reading players will really set in during the second half.

LIVERPOOL v NEWCASTLE
    This game pits a team with one home win in 5 against a team who have yet to pick up a win on their travels. Again Newcastle had a week to prepare having already been knocked out of the Carling Cup, whereas Liverpool's disappointing home form continued as they were dumpef out of the Carling Cup by Swansea. However this game shouldnt be too detrimental on the Liverpool's players conditioning as it was mostly a reserve side. Although key men Gerrard and Suarez were given 45mins each. As I've already stated I think this is a poor Liverpool side and theres no way yhey should be as short as 1/2 for the win. Newcastle although not as impressive as last year are strong in the midfield, where liverpool are at their strongest. They will also be able to use Guiterrez to nullify one of Liverpool's biggest threats in Glen Johnson. For these reasons I'll back the draw at 3/1.
    Demba Ba anytime 13/5 7 league goals this season.
    Ba is a doubt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭tip74

Injuries and suspensions:
    Unterhaching v Wacker Burghausen
    Unterhaching: Sternisko (0/0 m)
    Wacker Burghausen: Vollath (15/0 first goalkeper), Aupperle (15/2 d), Burkhard (0/0 m)
    pick 1

Eintracht Frankfurt v Greuther Fürth
    Eintracht Frankfurt: Amedick (0/0 d), Zambrano (9/0 d)
    Greuther Fürth: Ndoye (0/0 g), Petsos (4/0 m), Tyrala (1/0 m), Fall (2/0 f)
    pick 1

Roda Kerkrade v ADO Den Haag
    Roda Kerkrade: Tamata (9/0 d), Ramzi (5/1 m), Sutchuin Djum (3/0 m), Hupperts (9/1 f), Nemeth (9/1 f), Delorge (0/0 m)
    ADO Den Haag: Coutinho (6/0 g)
    pick 2

Gornik Zabrze v GKS Belchatow
    Gornik Zabrze: G. Nowak (0/0 m), Magiera (0/0 d)
    GKS Belchatow: Wilusz (3/0 d), Szmatiuk (7/1 d), Basta (5/0 d) (all doubtful), Ma. Mak (3/0 m), Mi. Mak (2/0 f), Nowosielski (0/0 m), Nowak (0/0 f), Kosowski (9/0 m), Lacić (7/0 d), Budziłek (0/0 g)
    pick 1

Jihlava v FK Jablonec
    Jihlava: Tecl (11/10 f), Koloušek (10/3 m), Gabriel (0/0 d), Gavrič (3/0 d)
    FK Jablonec: Kovařík (11/1 m) (doubtful)
    pick 2

Word of warning on the RODA - ADO match.

ADO played for the cup on Tuesday away to Groningen, lost 1-0.
    Tough place to go to and of course now they only had 2 days between matches.
    Roda didnt have any cup involvement this week. They might have more injuries and not playing well, they will be more rested.

Tampines and Brunei to win their games evens in Singapore.Both going for the league and are at home. Tampines need to Match what Brunei do to win the league

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭PopTarts

Avfctom wrote: »
    Next bet is

16/1

But they want 200 100 before 100 after

Games on friday gonna have a think about it

If i take it up i will message u all the details

Anyone on this?

PopTarts wrote: »
    Anyone on this?

Has AV sent it around yet?

There's fb page about it,pm him for the details

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Leeds over 3 corners with PP @ 4/5 must be incorrect, got on this morning

seanhynes wrote: »
    There's fb page about it,pm him for the details

I dont have FB, I did send him a PM what time does the game go off at?

I dont have FB, I did send him a PM what time does the game go off at?

it's not on today,tomorrow its on.There's no information as yet on it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭itsnotmyfault

Leeds over 3 corners with PP @ 4/5 must be incorrect, got on this morning

Same price with 365 so no mistake. Seems a good bet!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement