Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football Tips Thread v3

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭clickerquicklic

we will all team up and make it back

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Appears he gave a tip about bala and aber- welsh premier fixed match.

That's probably to get more people hooked for the next 'fix' I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Veteran Bookmaker shared a link.

2 hours ago

FIXED MATCH 100 % SURE WITH INFO :
    ODD : 28.00
    BET TYPE : 2/1 HALF TIME / FULL TIME
    MATCH : BALA vs ABERYSTWYTH
    LEAGUE : WALES: Premier
    CHECK THE GAME HERE : http://www.flashscore.com/match/dpTk1z85/#match-summary
    INBOX ME FOR THE NEXT FIXED GAME !!

posted "2 hours ago" ... the game kicked off at 4:45 what a scammer :pac:

I wonder how many people actually fall for these scams

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭TheJackAttack

pithater1 wrote: »

That's probably to get more people hooked for the next 'fix' I'd imagine.

I'd imagine so, but he did give a 7/2 fixed tip which came off. No one can deny the way that game played out tonight was extremely strange

• Advertisement

I wonder how many people actually fall for these scams

Quite a few I'd imagine, otherwise why else would they do it?

Tom how did you pay him out of interest?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Avfctom

how did you pay him?

Western union

I'd imagine so, but he did give a 7/2 fixed tip which came off. No one can deny the way that game played out tonight was extremely strange

Whats strange about a team leading 2-0 and been pegged back to 2-2 ?
    Its football no 2 games are the same.

As someone once said to me " don't look for a black cat in a dark room " dont look for something thats no there basically.

Germany 4-0 up at home to Sweden , game finishes 4-4 strange yes , fixed definitly not

• Registered Users Posts: 54,296 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Avfctom wrote: »
    Western union

jebus

that says it all

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭happydayz182

ya absolutely ridiculous source theres 100s of them sort of pages on facebook look at his most recent likes!

Avfctom are you gonna refund the rest of the money since the tip was 100 before and 100 after and over 20 people joined in the end paying a supposed 15 pound?

Good nights entertainment at least!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

Did he get 100 or 200

• Registered Users Posts: 54,296 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

veteran bookmaker is probably a Nigerian prince hence the Western Union lol

Tom I hope this is an education for you.

I'm going to be blunt here, you were scammed and you should have seen through it easilly.

You missed two glaringly obvious signals that this was a scam

1- He's only on facebook less than a wet week, I'm presuming there was no other 'evidence' of successful 'fixes'.

2- He asked you to pay him by Western bloody Union.

In future just run a mile if any other of these conmen try to get in touch with you.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Hopefully we can just move on now. It's over, and as with most bets, the money is gone. No point dwelling. Lesson learned, tomorrow is a new day with new games to bet on :)

Anyone got anything for the Newcastle/Liverpool game?

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭BettorAssist

This guy may have set up a business page that is linked to his actual profile.

I don't use facebook so ye would know how to proceed with lodging a complaint with FB.

May be able to send an email to an electronic fraud division of the Gardai also?

If anything can be done to stop him scamming others its worth looking into.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭TheJackAttack

This reminds of the Nigerian scammer from Fonejacker.

As the famous George Agdgdgwngo from Fonejacker said.

"CAN I HAVE YOUR CREDIT CARD DETAILS PLEASE?"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭ConorCBS

I hate to say it but we did warn you all.

This guy may have set up a business page that is linked to his actual profile.

I don't use facebook so ye would know how to proceed with lodging a complaint with FB.

May be able to send an email to an electronic fraud division of the Gardai also?

If anything can be done to stop him scamming others its worth looking into.

He didn't do anything wrong , people sell tips all the time , why would the garda fraud department be remotely interested .

He didn't do anything wrong , people sell tips all the time , why would the garda fraud department be remotely interested .
    he is selling information on a fixed professional sport in order to defraud bookmakers.

While none of us may be too worried about the bookies bottom line it is a way to get to him through legal means.

he is selling information on a fixed professional sport in order to defraud bookmakers.

While none of us may be too worried about the bookies bottom line it is a way to get to him through legal means.

But its not fixed!

• Advertisement

But its not fixed!
    then he is selling a service based on fraudualent information to his customers.

Either way you cut it he is not selling a tip, he is selling information on a professional sporting event with the intention of defrauding either the bookie or the customer.

Its not the same as a traditional tipster service.

I can just imagine the irish Gardai ringing up the Chile FA , " eh we had a few lads email us from boards.ie that reckon there was a fixed game on there tonight , some lad they just met on facebook told them the home team would win 3-2 , can you let us know if it was fixed because this lad got 200 euros off them "

The intention would be to get the gardai to contact facebook, not the Chilean FA, and see what information they could get.

As far as Im aware you have to show valid picture ID to collect a western union payment which they scan?

Im not sure what your point is? Do nothing instead of putting in 5 minutes to send an email on the small chance it may stop someone else being robbed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

he is back online, i just friended him in facebook and he has this little gem up

Next Match is on TUESDAY 6 November !!!
    Match is confirmed with strong info directly from the team 100000% sure with no chance to fail.
    Odds : 26.00 with Half Time / Full Time
    Available on all bookmakers to bet.
    Price : 200 EURO (100 euro b
    efore match 100 after match)
    Payment method : Money Gram or Western Union
    If you bet 100euro for example returns 2800euro.
    (Money back + refund stake if match suspend or lose)
    Interested people to inbox me.
    (Slots are limited)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Can "fixed games" be banned from the forum.

If "fixed" come to knowledge too anyone send it through PM (cuz i sent a PM to tom and thankfully he didnt get back to me). Save the heart ache for everyone.

I'm not so sure about this "asian" market thing and the low odds. If people look back too the Shels cup game awhile back they where big odds were they not???

The intention would be to get the gardai to contact facebook, not the Chilean FA, and see what information they could get.

As far as Im aware you have to show valid picture ID to collect a western union payment which they scan?

Im not sure what your point is? Do nothing instead of putting in 5 minutes to send an email on the small chance it may stop someone else being robbed.

My point is its an absolute joke to email anyone , to be totally blunt with you i am struggling to think of anyone i know stupid enough to fall for this , its so blatantly obviously a scam , I don't think anyone is going to bother investigating it . He claimed a game in Chile was fixed 22 people playing that match got together and fixed it to finish 3-2 , but them 22 people and all the people they know didnt back the price and the odds drifted out to 20/1 or whatever silly price it was.

You's were caught dopey , he didnt rob you , yous sent him the money willingly . Peoples e-wallets are hacked all the time and its hard enough to get anything done about that without getting into people sending money willingly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Avfctom

redzerdrog wrote: »
    he is back online, i just friended him in facebook and he has this little gem up

Match is confirmed with strong info directly from the team 100000% sure with no chance to fail.
    (Slots are limited)

Thiss is exactly how the last one was written

redzerdrog wrote: »

(Slots are limited)

Insert facepalm here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭ConorCBS

Avfctom wrote: »
    Thiss is exactly how the last one was written

Did you profit from the money people sent you?

• Advertisement

My point is its an absolute joke to email anyone , to be totally blunt with you i am struggling to think of anyone i know stupid enough to fall for this , its so blatantly obviously a scam , I don't think anyone is going to bother investigating it . He claimed a game in Chile was fixed 22 people playing that match got together and fixed it to finish 3-2 , but them 22 people and all the people they know didnt back the price and the odds drifted out to 20/1 or whatever silly price it was.

You's were caught dopey , he didnt rob you , yous sent him the money willingly . Peoples e-wallets are hacked all the time and its hard enough to get anything done about that without getting into people sending money willingly
    no need to go out of your way to rub salt in the wound of the people who lost money. I'm sure they learned their lesson without being preached to.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement