Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football Tips Thread v3

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

langer91 wrote: »
    i don't think this tip should be posted publically it should be PM'd to everyone interested

Why? A tip is a tip? In my eyes, it has no more or less chance of coming through than any other tip posted on here. This is a tips thread so it stands to reason any tips that come to peoples attentions be posted here...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Avfctom

To keep it on the down low if u want it PM me after 12 tommorow

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭deckycoop

Avfctom wrote: »
    i won't be to surprised if the 1s who sent you da abuse are the first in line for the tip

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭clickerquicklic

Avfctom wrote: »

This another 6/1 banker ? Put the bet here and ill tell you if its a good bet or not and save you the money or pm it to me and ill tell you. Even posting it for free people are going to lose money backing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭PopTarts

Report those who are sending you the abusive messages. Idiots!

• Advertisement

This another 6/1 banker ? Put the bet here and ill tell you if its a good bet or not and save you the money or pm it to me and ill tell you. Even posting it for free people are going to lose money backing it.[/Q

Ok mate

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

To stop this thread getting derailed again, if people are interested in Tom's tip, they should PM him.

The abuse being sent to Tom isn't fair either. We all know this is a tips thread and it's our own choice whether to follow or not.

PopTarts wrote: »
    Report those who are sending you the abusive messages. Idiots!

Lol apparently im a con artist and was in on it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Surely there is value to laying Liverpool every week as long as they stay at ridicously short prices

Honestly i've done it every game this year and i've made a packet. Some weeks i'll lay more than other's obviously, like the Arsenal game and today when they were inexplicable prices

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭clickerquicklic

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    Honestly i've done it every game this year and i've made a packet. Some weeks i'll lay more than other's obviously, like the Arsenal game and today when they were inexplicable prices

I'd love to see stats on this over a season i'm pretty sure last season and this season you'd be well up , Liverpool always seem underpriced and are often the steamer pre game which forces me to back them and lose :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

I'd love to see stats on this over a season i'm pretty sure last season and this season you'd be well up , Liverpool always seem underpriced and are often the steamer pre game which forces me to back them and lose :(

That's the reason I started to do it. Word between the Betfair regulars was that people had been doing it years and we're up the vast majority of years. I'd say it's partly having an overrated team and partly fans backing with heart over head that leads them to be consistently underpriced

• Registered Users Posts: 6,733 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Any hope for the pensioner Oba Martins to score tonight? 3/1 anytime on bet365 .. scored the last game but don't think Levante are great away

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Ipswich for promotion @ 50/1 on 365. Might get on it for the craic.

33 with PP.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Thread is locked till I have my say.

I highly suggest not talking about fixed bets in the other threads as well.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Just reading through this thread gives me a headache I'll be quite honest.

Firstly, to those who are sending Tom abusive private messages, get a fucking grip of yourselves. You know.. or better put, you should know the risks of these so called fixed bets. Anyone putting serious money on them, well there isn't enough facepalm pictures to convey my feelings towards you. I could be a lot harsher in what I'd like to say but anyway moving on.

As for the thread itself. I do not want it clogged up with this type of discussion that is presented on the last couple of pages. If you have a so called fixed bet then mention that you do, and that if anyone wants in, well they have to PM you for said fixed bet whatever that maybe. That's the end of it in this thread as far as I'm concerned. Obviously once the game kicks off you can discuss it in the live betting thread.

I hate repeating myself, especially when it's something so obvious. I stress the risks with any of these fixed bets and if you lose money, you only have yourself blame first and foremost. Fool me once and all that jazz.

You have an issue about anything I've said above then PM me and not in here.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭BettorAssist

Considering the overs in Leeds match on Tuesday.

I'm a bit concerned about their recent defensive improvement. Obviously Paddy Kennys return plays a part in that but has anyone seen any recent footage? Has there been a change in tactics to plug the leak?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

West Brom should be too good for Southampton tommorow @ 1.73
    Can get West Brom -1 @ 6/4 also might be worth a punt

West Brom should be too good for Southampton tommorow @ 1.73
    Can get West Brom -1 @ 6/4 also might be worth a punt
    if you are considering the -1 @ 6/4 which would likely require west brom to score at least 3 goals you may consider the enhanced shane long wincast on paddy power @ 5/2 as if west brom score 3 its very likely Long scores and this way a 1-0, 2-1 would also do you at bigger odds.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭skybhoy121

what do people think of Van Persie wincast @3.60 vs braga on wednesday?seems good value only thing is will he start especially with united on 9pts

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

skybhoy121 wrote: »
    what do people think of Van Persie wincast @3.60 vs braga on wednesday?seems good value only thing is will he start especially with united on 9pts

I would wait to see team news on that. Decent odds if he does start given the form he is in

• Advertisement

Braga are a tough team to beat at home.

I would see more value in Braga double chance 8/11 than the wincast and as you say there is a good chance RVP doesn't play and in that case some bookies put your stake on Man Utd to win which I don't like at all @ 23/20.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

West Brom v Southampton
    STATS West Brom very much a home team. 4 homes from 5, only defeat to champions City. Only collected 2 points from their four away games. Their strength is at the Hawthorns. They had recorded a very impressive 4 wins out of four before a very late show from the champions halted their great home run. I’m backing them to get back on track tonight against Southampton. West Brom win at 7/10 looks a great price
    We all know about Southampton’s defensive weakness. They have the worst defensive record in the division (26 goals conceded in their 9 games) with 16 of them goals coming in their 4 away games. In fact every team they have faced away has scored at least 3 goals against them!! With that in mind West Brom over 2.5 goals at 2/1 looks tremendous value.
    Both teams to score at 8/13 looks a very safe bet considering it has come in for every Southampton game bar one and it has come in for West Brom’s last 4 league games.
    Lukaku anytime at 5/4 Scored in his last outing at Newcaslte and with doubt’s over Shane Long’s fitness the on loan Chelsea forward might get his chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

if you are considering the -1 @ 6/4 which would likely require west brom to score at least 3 goals you may consider the enhanced shane long wincast on paddy power @ 5/2 as if west brom score 3 its very likely Long scores and this way a 1-0, 2-1 would also do you at bigger odds.

The problem with that is that Long hasn't been a guaranteed started for West Brom this season, Lukaku has sometimes started ahead of him.

A bet that I think is far better value than the -1 handicap @ 6/4 is West Brom to win and both teams to score @ 12/5 (Ladbrokes).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Fizman wrote: »
    Wigan @ 1/3 to avoid relegation seems like great price for what is almost a cert for me. They won't go down.

Ah ****e, wish I got on this yesterday. Some jump to 2/9 a day later! :mad:

Still think I'll put it into a treble with two other similar bets to get a treble around evens value. Could be a slow burner until the end of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Higgytash

lads the tipped bet did not come in for obvious reasons. i have a fixed tip for tomorrows football if you are interested.

PM me

THis is obviously free tip.

https://www.facebook.com/peter.lavelle.1238?fref=ts

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭saiint

Higgytash wrote: »
    lads the tipped bet did not come in for obvious reasons. i have a fixed tip for tomorrows football if you are interested.

PM me

THis is obviously free tip.

https://www.facebook.com/peter.lavelle.1238?fref=ts

theirs no such thing as a fixed tip in football unless its like under 12's football games :pac:

west brom to beat southampton
    should be an easy game for west brom who are mid table
    southampton bottom of the league
    west brom on form in home games
    13/8 with paddy power
    should be a good match

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

West Brom v Southampton
    Southampton have thrown away more points from winning positions than anyone else in the Premiership.
    West Brom to win from behind 9/1
    West Brom to come from behind win or draw 7/2

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

MVV (Maastricht) to beat Sparta @2.2 (acc to flashscore) seems big.
    Should be a nice price for DNB too then.
    Cant see Sparta winning there.

Cant find info about Sparta having injury or suspension problem, MVV have a full squad available.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

saiint wrote: »
    theirs no such thing as a fixed tip in football unless its like under 12's football games :pac:

west brom to beat southampton
    should be an easy game for west brom who are mid table
    southampton bottom of the league
    west brom on form in home games
    13/8 with paddy power
    should be a good match

West brom are 8/11 with Paddy Power

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

saiint wrote: »

wow .. ever here of Italian football? Juventus .. relegation .. ah no your right, no such thing as fixed games.

Getting back to the topic. West Brom at home at 8/11 looks a decent bet. Like alot have already said 4 wins from 5 at home and Southampton looking a bit gash recently.

West Brom have been terrific defensively since Clarke has taken over. I think this could be a 1 or 2 nil win for West Brom. Taking the under 2.5 goals at 5/4. Also taking West brom to win to nil @ 11/5

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement