Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football Tips Thread v3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Glad it's all over now. Back to the real thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭happydayz182

0-0 at half time. Can that put an end to this saga then?

Ya hopefully.. and can Avfctom please go about refunding the 20 or so people who paid 15 pound for the original tip their half?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ForeverYoung90

West Brom to win to nil
    Getafe v Betis under 2.5
    Man City to win

12e @7.5/1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭PopTarts

CA Tigre v Racing Club

Racing Club should win this.

6/4 on Bet 365

Fancy the -1 too

9/2 Bet 365

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Do bet365 not have a score anytime & win market? Can't see one for the WBA game. Can only see score first and winner combo.

Want to see what Long/WBA is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭niginator

Going with btts in the first half 5/2 in the west brom game!

4/1 treble landed!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,858 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Fizman wrote: »
    Do bet365 not have a score anytime & win market?

No
    only paddy and boyle do that bet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Fizman wrote: »
    Do bet365 not have a score anytime & win market? Can't see one for the WBA game. Can only see score first and winner combo.

They do have a score anytime. Go to goalscorer and then anytime.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

magherakid wrote: »
    QF league cup matches tonight

Double

Crusaders v Lisburn
    Crusaders 2/5 are the holders of the cup playing well at the min, should be to strong at home for Lisburn who lie bottom of the league.

Glenavon v Glentoran
    Glentoran 4/5 travel to struggling Glenavon who's last win was 7 weeks ago.

no joy Crusaders 3-1, Glentoran useless kunts got beat 2-1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

Just looking at the Europa League for Thursday Evening and i reckon Anzi look a great price V Liverpool 10/11 @ Boyles - Liverpool won the last leg at home 1-0 but they played with a full team (except Allen - who came on) now i cant see that happening this week with them away to Chelsea on Sunday, Liverpool need a win badly after 5 draws in 10 games and i fully expect Liverpool to travel with a weakened squad where hopefully they will get mugged

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Shane St. wrote: »
    West Brom v Southampton
    STATS West Brom very much a home team. 4 homes from 5, only defeat to champions City. Only collected 2 points from their four away games. Their strength is at the Hawthorns. They had recorded a very impressive 4 wins out of four before a very late show from the champions halted their great home run. I’m backing them to get back on track tonight against Southampton. West Brom win at 7/10 looks a great price
    We all know about Southampton’s defensive weakness. They have the worst defensive record in the division (26 goals conceded in their 9 games) with 16 of them goals coming in their 4 away games. In fact every team they have faced away has scored at least 3 goals against them!! With that in mind West Brom over 2.5 goals at 2/1 looks tremendous value.
    Both teams to score at 8/13 looks a very safe bet considering it has come in for every Southampton game bar one and it has come in for West Brom’s last 4 league games.
    Lukaku anytime at 5/4 Scored in his last outing at Newcaslte and with doubt’s over Shane Long’s fitness the on loan Chelsea forward might get his chance.

Got West Brom at 4/5 when I was in bookies... Pity Brunt couldnt have taken than chance to make it 3-0... Still another profitable night so me happy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Bluebelldude

Lukaku should have scored and Southampton defo deserved a goal

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Higgytash

Schalke look serious bet @ 4/5 tomorrow ...

2nd in the Bundesliga behind Bayern, Serious home record winning 5/6 there this season in the league.. Arsenal conceded 10 in last 5 games so looks like schalke will score goals.. Was expecting odds to be way less than this seeing as schalke went to arsenal and won 2-0.

Really like the price of Both Teams to score Madrid Dortmund game 4/7 as well..

Double pays 2/1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Bottom v 1st in League 1 Wednesday night, I really like the look of Tranmere at 11/10.
    Hartlepool just got hammered by Chesterfield from League 2 in the fa cup on Sat, dont know if they rested players or not but they really are the whipping boys of the League. Tranmere have had a couple of shaky results last couple of games but great chance to get back to winning ways here.
    Will check for injuries and suspensions tommorow.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

I've gone for Arsenal double chance @ 1.85

I'm sure they'll want to take their revenge after losing at home vs Schalke, they'll be determined not to lose twice against them, plus they have a good team, they can't continue losing like this. Motivation is definitely on Arsenal's side, Schalke might even underestimate Arsenal a little bit, I'd be really surprised if Arsenal lost again.

also taking DNB @ 2.65

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Jackson Martinez AT 15/8 with bet365.

8 games 8 goals. 5 in his three games for Porto including 2 vs Kiev in a 3-2 win.

He is as low as 5/4 with WHill

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭tip74

Aldershot Town v Wycombe
    Wycombe will travel to Aldershot without potentially 11 first team players through injury.

Grêmio Barueri v Ceará SC
    During the previous two weeks 14 Ceará players were dismissed. Because of that expected some changes in the squad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭clickerquicklic

I've gone for Arsenal double chance @ 1.85

I'm sure they'll want to take their revenge after losing at home vs Schalke, they'll be determined not to lose twice against them, plus they have a good team, they can't continue losing like this. Motivation is definitely on Arsenal's side, Schalke might even underestimate Arsenal a little bit, I'd be really surprised if Arsenal lost again.

also taking DNB @ 2.65

I understand you may have got these odds last night but they are terrible odds , its very important to back at the highest possible odds available otherwise you make it very hard on yourself to profit long term.

I see alot of people here doing DNB bets , of course some people may know this but for people that don't

Draw no bet is the same bet as Asian handicap (0)

Also Double chance Arsenal is the same as Arsenal +0.5 (AH) and also the same as Arsenal +1 (eastern handicap)

Even on the same site its worth checking the three odds

Lets take Ladbrokes for example
    Arsenal double chance 1.93
    Arsenal +1 (EH) 1.72
    Arsenal +0.5 (AH) 2.08

That is an amazing difference between 1.72 and 2.08 on the same bet , its shouldn't be allowed but they know that alot of people don't understand the markets so they can get away with it

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Same you can see with Goal line over 2,5 and Goals over 2,5. Always a little difference and always the goal line is slightly better.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭slattsteen

magherakid wrote: »
    Fancy both teams to score can see Dundee Utd scoring with Daly and Russell up front, 10/11 at the min will wait to get better price inplay

Well done, we got that with ease, i did utd plus 1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Higgytash

Liking the price of Ipswich Double chance 5/6 ...Great win the weekend for them away to Birmingham with the new boss in I reckon they can get at least a draw despite Palace Not losing in 11 games and them 2 having new boss... Deadly odds though imo.

Anderlecht Great odds too imo, 17/10 ... Only lost 1-0 away to Zenit which was a penno. Zenit without Hulk too.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Trouble in P

Does anyone have any information on Porto team/injurys/suspensions in tonights Champions League game..? They had a very strong and convincing performance on Friday winning 5-0 and because it was on Friday, the players should be well rested. They have won 3 out of 3 games in the group stage so far and if they get a win tonight, they will qualify for the knock out stage. Also with PSG 1/6 to bet Dinamo Zagreb, Porto will need to get a result to stay top of the group.

I think Porto at 13/8 tonight is a great price, especially with Jackson Martinez scoring for fun lately

• Registered Users Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Ive done a Palace,Brighton,Bournemouth treble.

New managers facing each other in the Palace game but I think Palace are on a good run and with hopefully have too much for Ipswich.Dodgy game but im siding with Ian Holloway for once!

Brighton aint on the best of runs and form wise Peterborough are better but I like Brightons squad and I think tonight should be a perfect game to get back on track.

Bournemouth on a good run unbeaten in 5(4 league one cup game) scoring 16 conceding 6 in that plus beating leaders Tranmere.Won their last 3 home too,Shrews havent won away since April

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭niginator

I have done a short priced double of Jihlava U21 and Liberec U21 both to win at 2.30. Both teams playing at home against weaker opposition. As with all the Czech U21 league matches it is always worth keeping an eye on the goal market in-play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Matt_Trakker

Does anyone have any information on Porto team/injurys/suspensions in tonights Champions League game..? They had a very strong and convincing performance on Friday winning 5-0 and because it was on Friday, the players should be well rested. They have won 3 out of 3 games in the group stage so far and if they get a win tonight, they will qualify for the knock out stage. Also with PSG 1/6 to bet Dinamo Zagreb, Porto will need to get a result to stay top of the group.

I think Porto at 13/8 tonight is a great price, especially with Jackson Martinez scoring for fun lately

This website is handy for injury news
    http://www.soccershared.com/forums/injuries-and-suspensions.6/
    Dynamo Kiev: Raffael (9/1 f), Danilo Silva (8/0 d)
    FC Porto: Sandro (6/0 d), Maicon (8/1 d), Fernando (6/0 m)

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Trouble in P

Thanks Matt

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

I fancy Porto, Malaga and Olympiacos to all win tonight.

Draw in the Arsenal game.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭jkelly85

Schalke
    Preston
    Aldershot

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ForeverYoung90

City
    Shalke
    Madrid-Dortmund btts

What are yer thoughts on Arenal-Shalke game?Im not as confident as last night about this bet now,I think it could be a draw.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Might want to hold out with the Schalke betting till the line ups are known.
    Reading on a Dutch website that Schalke coach Huub Stevens is considering some "refreshments" to his team.

Now, i do not believe for 1 minute he will not play his strongest 11 as he played that same trick last year away to Bilbao after losing at home in the first match saying he wouldnt play his best 11 in Bilbao. But he still did play his best 11.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement