Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football Tips Thread v3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Shane St. wrote: »
    Chelsea v Shaktar
    I think Chelsea are a little short at 10/11 against this Shaktar team. Shaktar are unbeaten in 39 competitive games and their league form this season is frightening (14 wins out of 14). They were impressive in beating Chelsea in the reverse of this fixture but also went to a tough place like Juventus and got a draw. Will def be having a bet on Shaktar +1 at 4/5
    Henrik Mkhitaryan anytime goalscorer at 23/10 looks a very good price for a guy with 16 goals from 18 appearances this season (incl. 2 goals in the opening group game)

Braga v Man Utd
    I'm thinking about going big on both teams to score at 4/7 We all know Man Utd are excellent going forward but they have only managed 2 clean sheets from their 10 league games. They also let in 5 goals after extra time in their extraordinary league cup game with Chelsea. I think Ferdinand will be rested for this game (I'll wait for teams) but I think this is a safe bet. Braga are in very good scoring form themselves (11 goals in their last 4 league games) and they managed to score 2 goals in the reverse fixture at Old Trafford and created many chances. It's a bet def worth throwing into any accumulators anyways.

Shane backing Shanktar +1 @4/5 is a poor bet, back them on the asian handicap at [EMAIL="+0.5@5/6"]+0.5@5/6[/EMAIL]

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Braga vs United:

Braga to score first & fail to win

2/1 PP

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

Going with Barca score in both halves, in a double with BTTS in United game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Matt_Trakker

Bayern München v Lille OSC
    Bayern München: Mandžukić (doubtful) (10/8 f), Can (0/0 m), Gomez (0/0 f), Badstuber (9/0 d)
    Lille OSC: Béria (6/0 d), Debuchy (8/0 d), Baša (8/1 d) (all doubtful), Mendes (6/1 f), Digne (9/0 d)

Celtic FC v FC Barcelona
    Celtic FC: Hooper (9/3 f), Lassad (3/0 f) (both doubtful), Izaguirre (11/0 d), Rogne (3/0 d), Forrest (7/0 m)
    FC Barcelona: Busquets (10/0 m), Puyol (3/1 d), Alcántara (3/0 m), Cuenca (0/0 f), Muniesa (0/0 d), Abidal (0/0 d)

I've only noticed recently that this site put info in brackets for the CL games. Sorry for being a bit of a greenhorn, as they say, but wtf do they mean. Like with Celtic & Hooper 9/3f? Is he favourite to make it? favourite to score (cant be if he's out surely). What am I missing here?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

Bayern München: Mandžukić (doubtful) (10/8 f), Can (0/0 m), Gomez (0/0 f), Badstuber (9/0 d)
    Lille OSC: Béria (6/0 d), Debuchy (8/0 d), Baša (8/1 d) (all doubtful), Mendes (6/1 f), Digne (9/0 d)

Celtic FC v FC Barcelona
    Celtic FC: Hooper (9/3 f), Lassad (3/0 f) (both doubtful), Izaguirre (11/0 d), Rogne (3/0 d), Forrest (7/0 m)
    FC Barcelona: Busquets (10/0 m), Puyol (3/1 d), Alcántara (3/0 m), Cuenca (0/0 f), Muniesa (0/0 d), Abidal (0/0 d)

I've only noticed recently that this site put info in brackets for the CL games. Sorry for being a bit of a greenhorn, as they say, but wtf do they mean. Like with Celtic & Hooper 9/3f? Is he favourite to make it? favourite to score (cant be if he's out surely). What am I missing here?

Appearances/goals/position I think in most cases

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭ConorCBS

Celtic FC v FC Barcelona

(Games played / Goals). The "f", "d", and "m" are their position.

Appearances/goals/position I think in most cases
    ConorCBS wrote: »
    (Games played / Goals). The "f", "d", and "m" are their position.

Ah, It's all so clear to me know.
    *skulks away in shame at not being able to figure that out

Right, might as well stick up a bet while I'm here.
    RVP & Messi to score anytime double 3.17

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I'd worry about RVP even starting tonight tbh...

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭Fitzcal

Over 10 corners @evens in the Celtic Barca game looks banker material.
    There was 16 corners on the last game and it's hard to see it being any different this time especially with Celtic at home they should get a few more than the 2 they got in the away game.
    Over 11@8/5
    Over 12@12/5
    These also would look to have some value.

I'd worry about RVP even starting tonight tbh...

He'd hardly drop him when he's in such flying form would he? Not after how close they came in the last match.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Sunday:

Vitesse - Twente

If i see it right, Vitesse has gone from @3.2 for the win down to 2.8
    Still a great price i think.
    Twente will play a strong squad vs Levante tomorrow according to Shteve Mclaren and will so only have 2 days between matches.

Although they won 3-0 against Feyenoord, for most of that game Feyenoord had been the better team, it was just Tadic and Chadli making the difference
    Chadli will miss both Levante and Vitesse due to injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Single
    Celtic v Barcelona
    Barcelona -1 10/11
    Celtic nearly got the draw last time out but they only created 2 chances, fancy Barca to win with more ease this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

He'd hardly drop him when he's in such flying form would he? Not after how close they came in the last match.

Add to the fact a 10th point guarantees 1st I'd imagine he'll play a near full strength side, I'd say a draw result in this

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

seanhynes wrote: »
    Add to the fact a 10th point guarantees 1st I'd imagine he'll play a near full strength side, I'd say a draw result in this

My worry would be that Fergie will see he only needs 1 point from three games, and won't bother putting out a full strenght team away from home. He can put out Chico and Welbeck to give them a start, rest RVP and Rooney after the Arsenal game, knowing the second string could pick up the point. If United don't get the point they need, then they still have two more games, and he can go full force then.

I'd just wait till I see a team sheet before you back RVP or any United striker...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

He should be rested. Wellbeck and Hernandez could do with games. No real need to risk him or Rooney with needing 1 point from 3 games. An away game the weekend he could start but i would be suprised. Sure you can wait till the teams are anounced anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Nuts102 wrote: »
    He should be rested. Wellbeck and Hernandez could do with games. No real need to risk him or Rooney with needing 1 point from 3 games. An away game the weekend he could start but i would be suprised. Sure you can wait till the teams are anounced anyway.

He'll want to top the group though as well as qualify. Win this and that will virtually be achieved.

Then he can field whatever teams he likes for the other two games.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

I agree with Blatter. Look at Arsenal a few years ago when they rested some players a game too soon. Ended up 2nd in their group and playing Barca.

But will fergie agree?

Best wait till line ups.

inforfun wrote: »
    I agree with Blatter. Look at Arsenal a few years ago when they rested some players a game too soon. Ended up 2nd in their group and playing Barca.

But will fergie agree?

Best wait till line ups.

My guess is that he'll rest one of Rooney or van Persie (more than likely the latter as Rooney missed a chunk of the season already) but only because Hernandez's form is so good at the moment and he won't see it as much of a risk. I think the team will be very strong overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Higgytash

BTTS Chelsea V Shackh 4/7
    BTTS Braga V United 4/7
    Barcelona -1 8/11

* Chelsea conceded each of their last 5 games and on average have scored 2.2 each game. Shakhtar Donetsk have scored in every one of their league games this year and in each of their opening champions league games.
    *United have conceded in 8 of their opening 10 league games this year, defence looks shaky always and I dont rate Evens and losing faith in Rio plus Smalling expected back tonight surely he will be rusty, Braga scored 2 in Old Trafford and on average in the league have scored 2.4 goals per game and at home have scored 14 in 4! Id actually be more wearier of United not scoring here to be honest than braga not getting at least one.
    * Barcelona have scored 3.2 goals scored on average per game, they went into the first leg of the celtic game on the back of conceding 4 to Depor La Coruna but since then only conceded 1 in their last 3 league and cup games games. I think Celtic will have trouble scoring tonight. Izaguirre and Forrest missing tonight wont help their cause either. And with Villa back and scoring 3 in 3 I find it hard to believe he wont score few against a Scottish league side.

Going with €25 on this to Return €106

Other singles I like tonight are;
    David Villa 2 or more goals 3/1
    BTTS Benfica V Moscow 4/6
    Bayern -1 1/2

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Can someone check 365 for me and see if there will be in play markets on both malmo - mjalby u21's and Lyon women's game,

Thank you!

• Advertisement

Can someone check 365 for me and see if there will be in play markets on both malmo - mjalby u21's and Lyon women's game,

Thank you!

Yes and Yes!

Sweet, gonna be looking at 1st half overs in the malmo game, 1.5 should be round evens by 5-8 mins without a goal, might take it earlier.

Take Lyon women's Asian 5 round evens or 6 if its worth it,

Wait and collect

Champions League - Juventus vs. Nordsjaelland.

Nordsjaelland have only managed to score one goal in their first ever Champions League campaign. They drew 1-1 with Chelsea in Norway Denmark, but lost their first two games 2-0 and 4-0. Getting a point off Juventus was an excellent result for the Champions League newboys, but I can't see them troubling Juventus in Turin, especially with Juventus needing a win. Juventus have drawn all 3 of their group matches and need 3 points tonight if they want to qualify. Also, Buffon is class.

€100 - BTTS No @1.62. (Boyle Sports)

ConorCBS wrote: »
    Champions League - Juventus vs. Nordsjaelland.

Nordsjaelland have only managed to score one goal in their first ever Champions League campaign. They drew 1-1 with Chelsea in Norway Denmark, but lost their first two games 2-0 and 4-0. Getting a point off Juventus was an excellent result for the Champions League newboys, but I can't see them troubling Juventus in Turin, especially with Juventus needing a win. Juventus have drawn all 3 of their group matches and need 3 points tonight if they want to qualify. Also, Buffon is class.

€100 - BTTS No @1.62. (Boyle Sports)

Why not go for Juve to win to nil, far better bet. Can get 1.91 on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Anzhi Makhachkala v Liverpool
    Anzhi Makhach' 5/6

LIVERPOOL manager Brendan Rodgers will rotate his squad again for tomorrow's Europa League tie against Anzhi Makhachkala in Moscow.
    Steven Gerrard, Luis Suarez, Joe Allen, Nuri Sahin, Daniel Agger, Jose Reina, Glen Johnson Raheem Sterling and Jose Enrique have not travelled as the Reds play Chelsea at Stamford Bridge on Sunday.
    Youngsters Stephen Sama, Adam Morgan and Conor Coady have been called into the squad.

Provisional squad: Jones, Wisdom, Carragher, Coates, Robinson, Shelvey, Henderson, Cole, Downing, Yesil, Assaidi, Gulacsi, Ward, Flanagan, Sama, Wilson, Coady, Suso, Morgan.

Blatter wrote: »
    Why not go for Juve to win to nil, far better bet. Can get 1.91 on it.

Yes, good point. I was going with the BTTS No to be safe as I've got burnt in the past with 0-0, but I guess considering the quality difference between the two teams, there is little additional risk as it is very unlikely that Juventus will not score and that the game will end 0-0.

€100 - Juventus to win to nil @1.91. (Blue Square)

Was only going to stick to the small bet today but just looking . . .

Barca
    Valencia
    Juve
    Bayern

Over Evens, Surely all them will win... Has to be worth absolutely lumping on ???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Sweet, gonna be looking at 1st half overs in the malmo game, 1.5 should be round evens by 5-8 mins without a goal, might take it earlier.

Take Lyon women's Asian 5 round evens or 6 if its worth it,

Wait and collect

Is there In-Play available on any other sites do you know?

Is there In-Play available on any other sites do you know?

Don't know right now, in work, can someone tell me when the u21 game kicks off?!

Thought it was 4, other sites say 5 or 6

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭rossit

Don't know right now, in work, can someone tell me when the u21 game kicks off?!

Thought it was 4, other sites say 5 or 6

malmo u 21 on at 4

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement