Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football Tips Thread v3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭ConorCBS

Falconno4 wrote: »
    Prob a silly Q, but what's the bet ?

Balzan Youths to beat Rabat Ajax. I don't know if it's fixed or not obviously, but as Lass said the odds dropped from 1.72 to 1.30...

Balzan Youths have just taken the lead before half-time. 1-0.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

My usual Friday evening bet
    All games in the Dutch First Division over 1.5 goals @ 3/1 - they all finished over 2.5 last week
    All games over 0.5 first half goals too @ around 6/1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Anyone have any good stats on both teams to score for the weekend. Im too lazy to research now. Would like to do an accum.

I'd def throw the Utd Villa game in at 8/11... We all know Utd are prolific in front of goal, while Villa wouldn't be in the same category they have scored in all their home games so far

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Betis @ 1.76 tonight at home to Granada. 3rd vs 19th. Should be an easy win.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Berbatov anytime (vs Arsenal) @ 3.75 :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

Boro have been scoring a good few lately and Real Betis should win against a team near the bottom.
    Did a double. Boro to score before 42nd min and Real Betis to score before 42nd min. Works out at about 2.4/1

Odds on Balzan Youths in the Maltese league have dropped from 1.72 to 1.28...

surprise surprise... Balzan Youths won 2-0

It's not the first time this has happened in the Maltese league. Looking at another game in the Maltese league for tomorrow, the odds dropped yesterday, if they drop more tomorrow I'll post about it here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

Mark! wrote: »
    Betis @ 1.76 tonight at home to Granada. 3rd vs 19th. Should be an easy win.

I agree here, but three of my last four "Top vs (Near) Bottom" bets have failed

... it cannot happen again. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

tinodz wrote: »

I agree here, but three of my last four "Top vs (Near) Bottom" bets have failed

... it cannot happen again. :confused:

Betis expected to have a pretty full strength team from what I can see. -1 is at 2/1 also.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

I might take some of Betis to win @1.78 and Betis to win to nil at 3.15 Granada dont really score too many away

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

Levante +2 5/6

They are no pushovers at home having won all their games bar the opener against Atletico. They're also unbeaten in 3 at home against Madrid. Madrid on the other hand have been a bit up and down on the road.

I can't see Real winning easily, I fancy something like a 2-1 win so I reckon there's value in this.

I might take some of Betis to win @1.78 and Betis to win to nil at 3.15 Granada dont really score too many away

Then Grenada go and do something stupid like score after 10 mins !

Radonman wrote: »
    My usual Friday evening bet
    All games in the Dutch First Division over 1.5 goals @ 3/1 - they all finished over 2.5 last week
    All games over 0.5 first half goals too @ around 6/1

Not to be tonight :(

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭BettorAssist

tinodz wrote: »
    I agree here, but three of my last four "Top vs (Near) Bottom" bets have failed ... it cannot happen again. :confused:
    those are the type of matches I like to analyse post match to identify future handicap bets against other top of the table short priced teams. Which games were they?

Cardiff to win and 3 or more total goals in the match @ 9/4 (Ladbrokes) is my biggest value weekend bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭ConorCBS

Premier League - Aston Villa vs. Man United.

United have won 8 of their last 9 Premier League matches, including wins against Arsenal and Chelsea recently. They are now top of the table. They face an Aston Villa side in serious trouble - they sit one place outside the relegation zone and have won just 2 matches all season, winning only 1 of their last 5 games. Van Persie is also banging in goals for fun once again.

€100 - Man United to win @1.53. (Paddy Power)

Treble for the Prem league weekend

Man United, Man City and Chelsea to win
    4.59 Betfair

• Registered Users Posts: 54,288 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Kinda deja vu moment again

City v Spurs

City have shown how bad they are defending set pieces and corners this season and spurs have the man who has done it against man utd, Jan vertonghen. Same odds from last time I won with him 9/1

Surely worth a tenner

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭mrdmb

the asian champions league final 2moro's morning.
    1st leg game btween Ulsan FC from south korea Vs Al Ahli from saudi arabia in South Korea.

The Korean team has been the dominant team in the competition so far...unbeaten in 11 games and having 9 consecutive wins..historically the saudi teams do badly when they play in Korea or Japan...and the saudi team are missing one of their key defenders who was sent off in the semi final game..

i'll play Ulsan to win at 8/11 and might take the hf/ft as an inplay bet depending on how the game is goin...

• Registered Users Posts: 54,288 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I really fancy Michu to score tomorrow but I was hoping the odds would be better

Is there any special goal scoring bets?

• Advertisement

I cap goals when analysing matches so one match won't skew the stats so it may be more and can't check on the phone but I seem to remember Swansea have scored just 2 goals in their last 5 away league games.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

inforfun wrote: »
    Hardly fixed but a treble of wins for Vitesse/Utrecht and Chelsea @13 is too good to let go.

A bit of reasoning behind my Utrecht bet which is played today @17.45

Utrecht has not lost a match this season away from home, won 4, 2 draws.
    RKC hasnt won at home since end of august, 2draws, 3 lost (including league and cup defeats against Zwolle)

Last 10 h2h with RKC: 8wins for Utrecht, 2 draws. (that is home and away)

And for tomorrow Vitesse - Twente

Vitesse has Bony, the leagues top scorer. If it wasnt for the fact that there is a real possibility he will be leaving in january, i wouldnt mind taking the @18 for a Vitesse league win. They are 3rd in the league now and if they work on their home form a bit, i dont see them go down the ranks much.
    the longer Ajax, Twente and PSV manage to survive in European football the bigger the chance Vitesse might surprise.

Twente had a EL match on thursday against Levante where they showed up with their strongest 11, so only 2 days between matches.

A bit of a concern is Vitesse's home results so far this season. Away they won 6 from 6 but at home they only won once, injury time winner (Bony) against Feyenoord, also the only match at home where they didnt concede.

So BTTS looks a cert. But odds on BTTS in the Dutch league are most of the times terrible, @1.57 in this case.

The 3rd match, Chelsea - Liverpool you can sort out yourself :D

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭tip74

Injuries and suspensions:
    Slovacko v Jihlava
    Slovacko: Reinberk (10/0 m)
    Jihlava: Tecl (11/10 f), Koloušek (10/3 m), Gabriel (0/0 d)
    pick 1

AS Saint-Étienne v Troyes AC
    AS Saint-Étienne: Aleksic (0/0 f), Diomandé (1/0 m), Nicolita (2/0 m), Zouma (7/0 d)
    Troyes AC: Bréchet (4/0 d), Darbion (8/0 m), Drouin (0/0 d), Faussurier (7/1 m), Grax (6/1 f), Saunier (7/0 d)
    pick 1

Pescara Calcio v Juventus FC
    Pescara Calcio: Crescenzi (0/0 d), Savelloni (0/0 g), Terlizzi (3/1 d), Brugman (0/0 f), Colucci (9/0 m), Blasi (6/0 m)
    Juventus FC: Pepe (0/0 m), De Ceglie (5/0 d)
    pick 2

Slask Wroclaw v Piast Gliwice
    Slask Wroclaw: Socha (7/0 d) (doubtful)
    Piast Gliwice: Zbozień (8/0 d), Świerczok (1/0 f), Urban (0/0 m), Jurado (10/2 f), Lisowski (0/0 d)
    pick 1

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Trouble in P

A treble of Everton (1/2), Man Utd (8/15) and Borussia Dortmund (8/15) returns 3.53/1.
    Really cant see how this would lose. Everton are playing the best football they have played in years, and are playing a Sunderland team that have scored 6 goals, with Steven Fletcher scoring 5 of those and a Demba Ba own goal. Man Utd playing Aston Villa, who are just rubbish, and Utd have won 8 out of their last 9 premier league games. Borussia Dortmund play FC Augsburg, who are bottom of the league with 6 points while Dortmund are 6th with 16points and confidence will be high after a draw midweek against Real Madrid, where they were literally 2 minutes away from winning that game.

mrdmb wrote: »
    the asian champions league final 2moro's morning.
    1st leg game btween Ulsan FC from south korea Vs Al Ahli from saudi arabia in South Korea.

The Korean team has been the dominant team in the competition so far...unbeaten in 11 games and having 9 consecutive wins..historically the saudi teams do badly when they play in Korea or Japan...and the saudi team are missing one of their key defenders who was sent off in the semi final game..

i'll play Ulsan to win at 8/11 and might take the hf/ft as an inplay bet depending on how the game is goin...

Looks good to me but I'm going to trible it with Terek to win in the Russian league agar home to Saransk who are bottom and terrible away - Terek were in great form and top but lost the last two against CSKA and Anzi so no shame there - there in 5 th position now and I fully expect them to win @ 1/2 and should cover the handicap too also going to add in Man Utd away to Villa - I just can't see them loosing here especially with their attack, Villa have only scored 5 goals at home in 4 league games this season and thats not enough to outgun Utd @ 8/15

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭mrdmb

actually i have gone with this crazy accumulator.!
    ulsan/man u/terek/Juventus/Bayern munich/Dortmund/Yeovil/Ferrer all to win plus BTTS in the reading norwich game

all for 30.1

Floriana in the Maltese league @ 1.40

The odds have dropped from 2.15 to 1.40
    (they had dropped to 1.78 yesterday, down to 1.67 this morning and just when I was about to take them @ 1.67 they dropped further down to 1.40...)

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/european-football/other-leagues/malta/malta-premier-league/melita-fc-saint-julian-v-floriana/winner

edit: now the odds are going up... 1.53 wtf is going on??

• Registered Users Posts: 17 samsonmcmuffin

Floriana in the Maltese league @ 1.40

The odds have dropped from 2.15 to 1.40
    (they had dropped to 1.78 yesterday, down to 1.67 this morning and just when I was about to take them @ 1.67 they dropped further down to 1.40...)

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/european-football/other-leagues/malta/malta-premier-league/melita-fc-saint-julian-v-floriana/winner

When this sort of thing happens what do you advise las?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 988 ✭✭✭deadeye187

Blackburn,Cardiff and Leeds treble @ 8.70...anyone have any input on this?.....looks good to me!

ok no feed back, have to head out. I`ll chance this treble then!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,858 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

singles on this lot (all 365)

swansea 9/5 (away to soton) looks like value to me even though
    their away form isnt great but soton don't have a defence
    did that yesterday but michu anytime might be a better bet at 7/4

barca -2 8/5 (away to mallorca) mallorca have lost their last five
    but anyone who seen their home game v real will know how
    poor they looked (lost5-0) and they never looked like scoring so
    this should be easy for barca to win by three or more if they want to.
    fancy that more than anything this weekend

agree with grohl also that levante +2 is a good bet as they are very good
    at home and real have lost twice away already

torn between berba anytime 12/5 and fulham and draw at 6/4
    expect goals in this one so berba should score one so ill go for that

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement