Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football Tips Thread v3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

When this sort of thing happens what do you advise las?

well I doubt many people are interested in the Maltese league so the odds aren't dropping cuz a lot of people are betting on that game, so either the game is fixed or the bookies got some info about that game (players missing or whatever).
    Hopefully it'll go like the other Maltese league game I posted yesterday cuz
    I've kinda gone big on Floriana (not in a single though, odds were too low)

slightly worried cuz the odds rose to 1.53...we'll see.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

well I doubt many people are interested in the Maltese league so the odds aren't dropping cuz a lot of people are betting on that game, so either the game is fixed or the bookies got some info about that game (players missing or whatever).
    Hopefully it'll go like the other Maltese league game I posted yesterday cuz
    I've kinda gone big on Floriana (not in a single though, odds were too low)

slightly worried cuz the odds rose to 1.53...we'll see.

Do you use oddsportal? you'd love it,

Its interesting to note that Bwin were the 1st bookies by far to list this game with odds on the 6th of November Floriana @ 2.25, the other 5 books taking bets opened all around the same time today between 08:00 and 10:00 am with odds between 1.7 and 1.8.

If Bwin usually have games that early before other they take massive risks, gonna keep on them for awhile!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭mrdmb

i was looking at some of the matches the next few days..and what impressed me...was the friendly between Saudi arabia and Argentina..
    the match is played in Saudi..but the argentina has brought full squad and they usually play seriously in the friendlies.
    the saudi team is crap..beaten easily 5-0 by spain and could have been doubled.
    i can't believe the odds are only 1/4 on Argentina to win.!!!
    i expect them to drop very quickly though i was trying to find handicap market for the game but couldn't find it in oddschecker.
    if the odds stay as 1/4 i'll go probably 3 figures...

Do you use oddsportal? you'd love it,

Its interesting to note that Bwin were the 1st bookies by far to list this game with odds on the 6th of November Floriana @ 2.25, the other 5 books taking bets opened all around the same time today between 08:00 and 10:00 am with odds between 1.7 and 1.8.

If Bwin usually have games that early before other they take massive risks, gonna keep on them for awhile!

cheers for oddsportal, it looks similar to arbworld, I just bookmarked it :)

Yea Bwin always have games very early, a couple of months ago they listed games for the African WC qualifiers that will take place in... March 2013!

edit: the Floriana game has been removed from Bwin...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,858 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

singles on this lot (all 365)

swansea 9/5 (away to soton) looks like value to me even though
    their away form isnt great but soton don't have a defence
    did that yesterday but michu anytime might be a better bet at 7/4

barca -2 8/5 (away to mallorca) mallorca have lost their last five
    but anyone who seen their home game v real will know how
    poor they looked (lost5-0) and they never looked like scoring so
    this should be easy for barca to win by three or more if they want to.
    fancy that more than anything this weekend

agree with grohl also that levante +2 is a good bet as they are very good
    at home and real have lost twice away already

torn between berba anytime 12/5 and fulham and draw at 6/4
    expect goals in this one so berba should score one so ill go for that

a euro on the acca at 43/1 in case

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

Killmarnock v Ross County - over 2.5 goals @ 10/11 ladbrookes
    Killmarnocks last 4/5 went over
    Ross's last 5/5 went over

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

cheers for oddsportal, it looks similar to arbworld, I just bookmarked it :)

Yea Bwin always have games very early, a couple of months ago they listed games for the African WC qualifiers that will take place in... March 2013!

edit: the Floriana game has been removed from Bwin...

Yep similar alright I prefer it thou much more user friendly too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Avfctom

So villa v united today see united winning unfortunately but i think with uniteds defence we can score im going got benteke anytime 11/4 and agbonlahor anytime 10/3 gabby has 4 against united only Gerrard has scored more in five fancy gabbys pace to threaten just wether he has hes shooting boots on to take the chances

• Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Yep similar alright I prefer it thou much more user friendly too

Best thing about oddsportal is that it will email you when odds hit a certain value if you ask it to. Such a super feature.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Peterborough v Crystal Palace
    Glenn Murray anytime 6/5 Palace going well at the min Murray has 13 league goals plus he takes penalties for Palace.

Plymouth v Gillingham
    Danny Kedwell anytime 5/4 Gillingham's topscorer with 9 league goals also takes penalties for them.

Southampton v Swansea
    Over 2.5 goals 4/6 Must win game for Southampton who have yet to keep a clean sheet in the league.

Aston Villa v Man Utd
    Rooney to score 2 or more goals 6/1 The last 4 games where Wayne Rooney has netted against Villa he has grabbed a brace.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Chelsea v Liverpool
    Has to be a Chelsea win at 19/20. Liverpool have been the dominate force in this fixture in recent years (Have won 5 of the last 6 meetings). However, I don’t think that counts for much here as this is very much a new look Chelsea, esp with the attacking dynamic they know possess. Chelsea will be keen to get back to winning ways after dropping points in their last 2 league meetings. Liverpool are still a work in progress with the new manager trying to alter their playing style and having to play lots of promising young players. Reflected in their results (just two wins in 10 games in league) Can’t see them getting much at the Bridge.
    After starting the season with several clean sheets, they have really dried up of late for Chelsea. Conceded in their last 5 league games, and Shaktar created so many chances against them midweek. I like both teams to score at 8/13. Liverpool have netted in their last 3 league games away from Anfield and they possess in Luis Suarez one of the league’s in form players.
    Again I expect goals here so the 8/11 for over 2.5 goals looks appealing. A quick look at the stats and you can see why this is so. This bet has collected in 4 of Chelsea’s last 5 league games, however they have also been involved in some very high scoring cup matches aswell. This bet has come in for 3 of Liverpool’s 4 away games.
    I like the look of Gary Cahill anytime goalscorer at 6/1. I think he is excellent at attacking the ball and can be clinical when the ball drops in the box (Has 5 goals in all competitions this season) as he showed against Tottenham by scoring a magnificent volley. I think Liverpool are poor at defending set plays and I can certainly see him having joy here.

Anyone else think Everton at 1.5 looks very short?

keane2097 wrote: »

Nope Everton really impressed me this year sunderland look poor cant score goals i might get on everton win to nil

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭CrabieCrawford

keane2097 wrote: »

yeah, I know sunderland havent been in great form, but they usually dont concede too many.

Some nice prices in there today.

Sunderland DNB 5/1
    Sunderland 1-0 18/1
    Fletcher anytime 9/4
    fletcher to score and sunderland to win 1-0 50/1

wouldnt be putting loads on any of them but could be worth small stakes

Yep I'm looking at the Sunderland DNB as well. Everton have drawn four on the bounce so they're not in this stellar form a lot of people seem to think. Publicly overrated by a decent bit at the moment IMO.

Think that 5/1 will be getting a few shekels of mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Laika1986

Anyone for wolves 13/10 Brighton have been decent but spectacular wolves really need to get gping

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Arsenal to win by 1 goal @ 3/1.

They've been in poor form and also played away from home in the CL midweek. I think they'll struggle against Fulham but they should still have a too much for them at home.

What a joke waiting on Leicester for 160 quid then thanks to balled head twat in the middle wanting to play centre stage i lose

• Registered Users Posts: 54,288 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I've gone for michu to score and Swansea to win @ 19/5.

Floriana in the Maltese league @ 1.40

The odds have dropped from 2.15 to 1.40
    (they had dropped to 1.78 yesterday, down to 1.67 this morning and just when I was about to take them @ 1.67 they dropped further down to 1.40...)

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/european-football/other-leagues/malta/malta-premier-league/melita-fc-saint-julian-v-floriana/winner

edit: now the odds are going up... 1.53 wtf is going on??

FT 2-2 I guess we'll never know why the odds dropped that much...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Berbatov anytime (vs Arsenal) @ 3.75 :eek:

Damnit. I decided to choose between a Michu wincast or Berbatov anytime and went with Michu. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭shamrock55

any ideas on this evenings games guys was thinking maybe utd to win and maybe malaga to win any other ideas:)

Radonman wrote: »
    Killmarnock v Ross County - over 2.5 goals @ 10/11 ladbrookes
    Killmarnocks last 4/5 went over
    Ross's last 5/5 went over
    :), sweet - was seriously worried there for a while

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭BettorAssist

Cardiff to win and 3 or more total goals in the match @ 9/4 (Ladbrokes) is my biggest value weekend bet.

Its even better when it is a 90th minute winner!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

magherakid wrote: »
    Peterborough v Crystal Palace
    Glenn Murray anytime 6/5 Palace going well at the min Murray has 13 league goals plus he takes penalties for Palace.

Plymouth v Gillingham
    Danny Kedwell anytime 5/4 Gillingham's topscorer with 9 league goals also takes penalties for them.

Southampton v Swansea
    Over 2.5 goals 4/6 Must win game for Southampton who have yet to keep a clean sheet in the league.

Aston Villa v Man Utd
    Rooney to score 2 or more goals 6/1 The last 4 games where Wayne Rooney has netted against Villa he has grabbed a brace.

Bad day lets hope Rooney can change that

Its even better when it is a 90th minute winner!

Hull were my last team for a btts accum

Did Villa half time united full time 18/1

Laika1986 wrote: »
    Hull were my last team for a btts accum

Did Villa half time united full time 18/1

As a liverpool fan that felt a little dirty!

I really like BTTS in Bastia vs Valenciennes on Saturday @ 1.53

French media are starting to call Valenciennes "the French Barcelona" :p cuz they play quick, attacking, short passing football, they've scored 16 goals in their last 5 games! They also concede in most of their games.
    Bastia also like to play attacking football and they're usually pretty strong at home. Their keeper is absolutely terrible so I'd be really surprised if both teams didn't score in this game.
    My only concern would be that Bastia played with their back up keeper in a cup game on Wednesday and he kept a clean sheet so maybe he'll get the nod instead of their first choice keeper... but still I think Valenciennes should be able to score.

in before half time! :D

mrdmb wrote: »
    the asian champions league final 2moro's morning.
    1st leg game btween Ulsan FC from south korea Vs Al Ahli from saudi arabia in South Korea.

The Korean team has been the dominant team in the competition so far...unbeaten in 11 games and having 9 consecutive wins..historically the saudi teams do badly when they play in Korea or Japan...and the saudi team are missing one of their key defenders who was sent off in the semi final game..

i'll play Ulsan to win at 8/11 :Dand might take the hf/ft as an inplay bet depending on how the game is goin...
    Radonman wrote: »
    Looks good to me but I'm going to trible it with Terek to win in the Russian league agar home to Saransk who are bottom and terrible away - Terek were in great form and top but lost the last two against CSKA and Anzi so no shame there - there in 5 th position now and I fully expect them to win @ 1/2 :Dand should cover the handicap too also going to add in Man Utd away to Villa - I just can't see them loosing here especially with their attack, Villa have only scored 5 goals at home in 4 league games this season and thats not enough to outgun Utd @ 8/15:D

Thank Fuk for a typical Utd fightback:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭ConorCBS

ConorCBS wrote: »
    Premier League - Aston Villa vs. Man United.

United have won 8 of their last 9 Premier League matches, including wins against Arsenal and Chelsea recently. They are now top of the table. They face an Aston Villa side in serious trouble - they sit one place outside the relegation zone and have won just 2 matches all season, winning only 1 of their last 5 games. Van Persie is also banging in goals for fun once again.

€100 - Man United to win @1.53. (Paddy Power)

You just have to love them! :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement