Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football Tips Thread v3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭BettorAssist

Anything jump out at ye in the Palermo v Sampdoria match?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭skybhoy121

Thinking of going with these 2moro reckon its a decent one @20/1
    Charlton dnb
    Benfica
    Valencia
    Inter
    Psv

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

ConorCBS wrote: »
    You just have to love them! :pac:

Dreadfull aftertiming I know but I layed the correct score market when it was 2-2, you just know they will manage a goal when needed
    I think i'll be looking for united games BTTS in future, their defence doesent look as solid as it once was, might be some value there

• Registered Users Posts: 6,733 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Great prices on two in form strikers in Serie A tomorrow up against low form opposition..

Cavani anytime @ 11/10
    Di Natale anytime @ 11/8

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Lyon (vs Sochaux) @ 1.75

Sochaux are a **** team and Lyon are in good form, Gourcuff is finally injury-free, Lisandro Lopez and Malbranque only played 20 min vs Bilbao so fatigue won't be a problem, I can't see any other result than a Lyon win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,288 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Las what do you think of PSG later today?

I can see a lot of people here backing Chelsea to beat Liverpool this afternoon at 10/11 currently with Paddy Power.

I would see more value in Chelsea to score 2 or more goals @ 8/11 which just removes the 1-0 result from the win-draw-win market and in exchange Chelsea don't have to win as typically Liverpool raise their game versus Chelsea in a derbyesque false dawn for fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭torres9kop

I really fancy liverpool in this one. All their big guns were rested on thursday so they will be very fresh. They are actually playing well this year despite the results. Also chelseas first team had a hard slog midweek. I say LUMP on the scousers

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

^ you wouldn't be a Liverpool fan now, would ya? :P

I'm not touching a win today in either that or the City game. Be going for goal scoring markets....

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Holland Jupiler League

1,9 @1.83 (dropped while typing)for a Volendam win at home to Excelsior.

Excelsior only has 1 draw away from home this season and lost the 5 other matches.
    The draw they got was mostly thanks to a hat trick from Feyenoord loanee Elvis Manu. Who got sent off the last time Excelsior had to play so will not be available today. 4 others are not available due to injury. Dont know if these are all regular 1st team players though.
    Volendams home results arent the best, 2 wins and 3 losses but this they should win.

Might go for the -1 Ah Volendam @2.35. Excelsior lost 3 away matches with 2 goals or more difference.

And apologies for those who took on Utrecht last night. 4-0 loss away to RKC wasnt exactly in my script.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,858 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

don't go near serie a very often but shaarawi is 7/4 to score
    anytime for milan at home to fiorentina

think he's top serie a scorer with 8 but he has scored
    in 7 of last 8 league games
    you can imagine the likes of rooney, rvp or suarez and the
    price they would be to score anytime having doing do
    in 7 of their last 8, a shade of odds on probably

unless i'm missing something then that looks value to me
    any thoughts?

Anyone able to advise me on what the deal is with Vertonghen in Spurs vs City?

I'm fairly certain I saw someone back him to score anytime on here, and I've seen a few sites say it as well. But he's not really a profilic goalscorer, is he? What's the deal there?

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭tip74

Injuries and suspensions:
    ChievoVerona v Udinese Calcio
    ChievoVerona: Squizzi (0/0 g), Cesar (6/0 d), Dramé (6/0 d), Frey (9/0 d)
    Udinese Calcio: Benatia (7/0 d), Pinzi (7/1 m), Badu (6/0 m), Gabriel Silva (2/0 d) (all doubtful), Muriel (2/0 f), Willians (3/0 m), Pasquale (5/0 d), Domizzi (8/1 d)
    pick 1

Genoa v SSC Napoli
    Genoa: Ferronetti (2/0 d), Vargas (2/0 m), Jorquera (8/0 m), Anselmo (3/0 m), Bovo (7/0 d)
    SSC Napoli: Zuniga (8/0 m)
    pick 2

Parma FC v AC Siena
    Parma FC: Santacroce (0/0 d), Galloppa (7/1 m) (both doubtful)
    AC Siena: Martinez (0/0 d) (doubtful), Rodriguez (5/0 m), Rosina (6/0 m), Zè Eduardo (8/1 f), Larrondo (0/0 f)
    pick 1

Torino FC v Bologna FC
    Torino FC: Suciu (0/0 m)
    Bologna FC: Carvalho (4/0 d), Acquafresca (4/0 f), Gimenez (2/0 f), Natali (4/0 d), Morleo (10/0 d)
    pick 1

Atalanta Bergamo v Inter Milano
    Atalanta Bergamo: Bellini (4/0 d), Scozzarella (3/0 m) (both doubtful), Radovanovic (0/0 m), Ferreira Pinto (0/0 m), Capelli (0/0 d)
    Inter Milano: Coutinho (5/1 m), Obi (1/0 m), Mariga (0/0 m), Sneijder (5/1 m), Chivu (0/0 d), Stankovic (0/0 m), Ranocchia (11/1 d), Samuel (7/1 d), Mudingayi (6/0 m) (doubtful)
    pick 1X

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭mrdmb

mrdmb wrote: »
    actually i have gone with this crazy accumulator.!
    ulsan/man u/terek/Juventus/Bayern munich/Dortmund/Yeovil/Ferrer all to win plus BTTS in the reading norwich game

all for 30.1

all in except BTTS in the reading game....:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭hellfish08

Bristol City v Charlton Over 4.5 goals @ 9/2

Bristol City average 5+ goals at home this season
    Charlton's last two games have ended 1 - 4 and 5 - 4

longer shots would be Over 5.5 @ 10/1 and Over 6.5 @ 20/1

Anyone able to advise me on what the deal is with Vertonghen in Spurs vs City?

I'm fairly certain I saw someone back him to score anytime on here, and I've seen a few sites say it as well. But he's not really a profilic goalscorer, is he? What's the deal there?

I think it was Headshot who tipped him.
    He is a threat in the air ( Vertonghen, not Headshot) and if you saw City - Ajax this week i can only say that there is a bit of a chance Vertonghen will do well at Spurs corners.
    In Holland he scored quite a few headers from corners as well (again Vertonghen, not Headshot)

Line ups for Vitesse - Twente

Vitesse: Velthuizen, Kalas, Kashia, Van der Heijden, Van Aanholt, Janssen, Van Ginkel, Ibarra, Bony, Reis en Kakuta.

FC Twente: Mihaylov, Rosales, Douglas, Bengtsson, Braafheid, Janssen, Brama, Schilder, Tadic, Castaignos en Cabral.

No Chadli for Twente is a big thing for them. Vitesse as strong as they can be.

Have home win and Bony to score (singles)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Headshot wrote: »
    Las what do you think of PSG later today?

Hard to call, Zlatan is still suspended and I still don't trust Ancelotti's PSG. I wouldn't touch PSG without Zlatan in the team.

the odds on Lyon have gone up... wtf do bookies know that we don't? :mad: They prolly won't win now...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 988 ✭✭✭deadeye187

Anyone have thoughts on the 2 prem games today?

city v spurs ??????

Newcastle v West ham (home win)

Chelsea v Liverpool ????

hibs v Dundee (home win)

celtic ht/ft

• Registered Users Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Laying City anyway, the form they're in makes 4/7 a ridiculous price. Spurs being a little disrespected there

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 988 ✭✭✭deadeye187

Going for:

City v Spurs BTTS

Newcastle

Hibs

Cletic ht/ft

• Advertisement

Chelsea to score over 1.5 goals @ 5/6 Ladbrokes

Interesting stat:

Liverpool are the only PL team not to score a goal in the last 15 minutes of a PL match.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Think Sterling is worth a few quid for a goal today. Apparently going to be playing as the striker with Suarez in behind in a 3-5-2 today. Bags of pace to exploit the back line. Best priced anytime 9/2 with PP who also have money back on that market if Torres scores the last goal.

Edit - Offer doesn't count on anytime market. BF price it is then.

Opr

single on spurs and draw at 6/4 (365)

not lost away since the first day of the season
    city might win but way too short for this one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭SirDelboy18

City look short but then again they are playing Tottenham minus Dembele. His importance to Spurs is so massive that having Huddlestone in the team makes them significantly weaker - he is much weaker defensively and going forward.

Huddlestone has a 71% pass completion rate in the opposition half, as opposed to Dembele's 87%.

Tottenham with Dembele - Won 4, Drew 1(when he came on at HT), Lost 0
    Tottenham without Dembele - Won 1, Drew 1, Lost 3.

Also looking at the teams, the inclusion of Kolarov leads me to believe that Lennon and Walker will have little joy on the right wing, meaning one one half of their attack will be nullified. Considering Tottenham use their wings more than most teams in the PL, for one side to be effectively limited significantly weakens them.

Taking that into account, and Gallas starting, I'd have to go with City, despite their lackluster form.

City win and City -1 for me.

Awaits for this to go t*ts up. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

I don't understand how City can be 4/7 at home to Spurs, yet Chelsea Evens at home to Liverpool. Chelsea are probably better than City at the moment, and Spurs are comfortably a better side than Liverpool.

Going to have to add in Chelsea at Evens with Pinnacle to my lay of City

not sure bout chelsea
    pool have won the last 4 times theyve met in the league and
    left out most of the entire first team for the europa match
    no doubt pool are muck but these are the games they perform in

i see pool getting something out of this yet probably
    lose away to swansea in a couple of weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Had a uneven number in acc so did

R Falcao to score in 90 minutes and Atletico Madrid to win the match @ 4/6
    Wincast
    Atletico Madrid v Getafe

Porto @ 1/7
    Win-Draw-Win
    Porto v Academica

Barcelona @ 1/4
    Win-Draw-Win
    Mallorca v Barcelona

R Sterling @ 14/1
    First Goalscorer
    Chelsea v Liverpool

inforfun wrote: »
    Holland Jupiler League

1,9 @1.83 (dropped while typing)for a Volendam win at home to Excelsior.

Might go for the -1 Ah Volendam @2.35. Excelsior lost 3 away matches with 2 goals or more difference.

3-1 Volendam. Good.

• Advertisement

inforfun wrote: »
    3-1 Volendam. Good.

Thanks for that. Went with a straight win and a -1 handicap. Very happy with that :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement