Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football Tips Thread v3

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

I have Layed Madrid against Levante tonight. Levante are very good at home, and have won all bar one draw. Madrid coming from a tough midweek game against Dortmund and are missing Benzema
    Clearly Madrid are a class team but at 1.37 I see value in laying them, any thoughts ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

I'm going biiiiiig on over 4.5 in Montenegro vs San Marino @ 1.70

Montenegro won 6-0 in San Marino (without Vucinic, but with Jovetic) Both Vucinic and Jovetic are out for this game, but... San Marino will be without 3 of their regular defenders! San Marino have decent results at home (ie only losing 2-0, 3-0 etc) but away from home is a completely different story:
    8-0 vs Hungary and Finland
    11-0 vs Holland
    4-0 vs Moldova
    They only lost 5-0 away to England but they prolly played the game of their lives, I doubt they'll be as motivated against Montenegro.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,883 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

mrdmb wrote: »
    guys....i need help..! i placed a treble for 100 euros in ladbrokes website and then suddenly i saw it on the confirmed bet slip as 1000 instead
    i am 80% sure that i placed 2 zeros...

shud i ring them..???

the treble was for atletico madrid/real madrid/murray all to win...

Unlucky fella.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭mrdmb

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Unlucky fella.

lol..wat a strange day...anyhow that 1000 euros i made it a few days ago from 50 euros..so gonna start all over again..! i hate this part..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Did Murray lose? Bottler!

• Advertisement

ft9 wrote: »
    Did Murray lose? Bottler!

yeah...!!!! with a big smile..!:D:D:D:D how ironic..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

Never seen Fed winning after how useless he was V Del boy yesterday, Tennis is an awfully strange sport at times.

though am quite sure i placed only a 100 euros..i dont know how it showed up as 1000 on the bet slip ...i know ladbrokes website can be messy...!

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭aflib

Anything for the early hrs of the night??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

If you have a Bet365 account hop on now and watch Bloomings match, they have the game on live there but odds are updating 10+ seconds late after events happen, worth trying to screw them out of some money on a next goalscorer or whatever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,288 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

If you have a Bet365 account hop on now and watch Bloomings match, they have the game on live there but odds are updating 10+ seconds late after events happen, worth trying to screw them out of some money on a next goalscorer or whatever.

nope unfortunately they arent slow

The odds maybe slow to update in the market but the betslip is suspended on the dot

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

Levante +2 5/6

They are no pushovers at home having won all their games bar the opener against Atletico. They're also unbeaten in 3 at home against Madrid. Madrid on the other hand have been a bit up and down on the road.

I can't see Real winning easily, I fancy something like a 2-1 win so I reckon there's value in this.

Maybe I should have gone for the scoreline too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

Once trued taking 600 off them for a fault late at nighlt,withdrew immediately and they cancelled the withdrawal nxt morning...U won't get away from them without them minusing ur account.u can get away with the odd 50 r 60 tho if ur lucky

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭ConorCBS

Anyone have anything for later?

I've been having a quick look at some of the U21 matches, but it's hard to know what type of team will be put out by each team.

Considering Tottenham U21s to beat Southampton U21s @1.50.

More to follow later.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,288 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I see bet365 have changed their returns

what I mean is for example 100 on 6/5 would come up on the bet slip returns 120, now its 220

Had me me fooled

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭shteve

AFC Wimbledon 7/5 in the FA Cup at home to York. They beat the same team 3-0 in the league on Saturday.
    Boreham Wood 4/9 v Basingstoke. BW are in decent form, Basingstoke have not won in 8 games

€10 returns €34.67

U21 Premier League - Tottenham vs. Southampton.

Tottenham top Group 2 of the U21 Premier League. After losing their first 2 games, they are unbeaten and have won their last 3 games. They are unbeaten at home and have scored 22 goals in their 5 home games. Southampton are 4th but are just 2 points behind Tottenham. However, they have only won 1 of their last 4, losing 2. They are unbeaten away, although Tottenham did win the reserve fixture 4-2 last month.

€10 - Tottenham U21s to win @1.50.

ConorCBS wrote: »
    U21 Premier League - Tottenham vs. Southampton.

Tottenham top Group 2 of the U21 Premier League. After losing their first 2 games, they are unbeaten and have won their last 3 games. They are unbeaten at home and have scored 22 goals in their 5 home games. Southampton are 4th but are just 2 points behind Tottenham. However, they have only won 1 of their last 4, losing 2. They are unbeaten away, although Tottenham did win the reserve fixture 4-2 last month.

€10 - Tottenham U21s to win @1.50.

Tottenham U21s 4-0 Southampton U21s.

Nothing big - small stakes, but hopefully that start of something special.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

Regarding the N Ireland v Azerbaijan World Cup qualifier in Belfast on Wensday - found an interesting article in the Daily Mail this weekend
    "Those who think that NIreland will have a straight foward task in overcoming Azerbaijan and building on their fantastic 1-1 draw in Portugal should re-think. Not only are they higher ranked team in FIFA rankings, manager Berti Vogts appears to have persuaded the domestic league to take off the weekend just gone. This means the visitors will be fresh whereas O'Neill knew that over half his likely starting XI were either playing yesterday or Saturday night. And what O'Neill feared most - losing Johnny Evans to injury - has happened"

Azerbaijan 11/4 DNB for me

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭shteve

shteve wrote: »
    AFC Wimbledon 7/5 in the FA Cup at home to York. They beat the same team 3-0 in the league on Saturday.
    Boreham Wood 4/9 v Basingstoke. BW are in decent form, Basingstoke have not won in 8 games

€10 returns €34.67

Of course it would be the odds on favourites to mess up! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

as I have pointed in an earlier post about the friendly match between Saudi arabia and Argentina.

more odds are available now

argentina to win 1.25

argentina ht/ft 1.75 (amazing value)
    argentina to score both halves 1.75
    argentina -1 at 1.7

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Hinkley are playing tomorrow

They have no money, play teenagers week in week out due to a transfer embargo.

Odds seem to be available everywhere bar PP and Boyles

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

It is another Holland - Germany tomorrow, 3rd time they meet in just under a year.
    Last 2 were won by germany and i would have fancied them again, despite the match being played in Holland.

However......

Dutch who will not be involved:
    Wesley Sneijder, Robin van Persie, Maarten Stekelenburg, Kevin Strootman, Jeremain Lens en Luciano Narsingh.
    All starters if they had been available apart from narsingh maybe.

Germans not available:
    Mesut Özil, Miroslav Klose, Bastian Schweinsteiger, Toni Kroos, Jerome Boateng en Marcel Schmelzer.

Still would fancy Germany if i had to make a choice because i think they can deal better with their absentees than Holland can.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Opinions on these bets. Which one would you fancy most. Ireland v Greece correct score 0-0 @ 7/1 or Sweden v England first goal Zlatan Ibrahimovic @ 11/2

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Opinions on these bets. Which one would you fancy most. Ireland v Greece correct score 0-0 @ 7/1 or Sweden v England first goal Zlatan Ibrahimovic @ 11/2

Ireland v Greece 0-0.

Love the draw in that one either way. Would back 0-0 & 1-1. Rather than the 5/2 about the draw.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭hellfish08

Out of those two def Ibra FGS, fancy BTTS in the Ireland game

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Reading about the Brazil vs Columbia game at the moment. Columbia are available at 9/2 on PP.

I don't know much about Columbia, but they have a few good players, top most being Falcao. Odds seem a little much but then I know it's Brazil and I don't know a huge amount about things that side of the planet. Is there value there?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Tony Clarke

paddy power were a complete scandal all nite on live betting on the tranmere game. betting suspended every 5secs and fancied tranmere massively for third goal at 4/1 late on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Anyone been following the Argentina national team lately?? Thinking about putting a decent stake on Argentina -1 at 4/6 against Saudi Arabia

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

Shane St. wrote: »
    Anyone been following the Argentina national team lately?? Thinking about putting a decent stake on Argentina -1 at 4/6 against Saudi Arabia

Would expect it to be a walk in the park for Argentina. However I would not bet on international friendlies as a rule, crazy stuff can and often does happen

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement