Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football Tips Thread v3

Options

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

mrdmb wrote: »
    Unfortunately I guess the Saudis payed some money so as not to lose alot at home in a friendly. There are gossips that they do that sometimes but i didn't expect it till I saw the way Argentina is playing

Yeah - bit daft betting on friendlies but there you go. Piled onto Scotland and cashed that out.

Thinking about N.Ireland as well.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

Argentina 0-0 Saudi
    Want to be mental to bet on those games. Probably some type of exhibition arrangement

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

seanhynes wrote: »
    Azerbaijan plus 1 for me... Double. Of btts in Poland v Uruguay and Zlatan to score returns 340 from 75

Git in

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Radonman wrote: »
    Regarding the N Ireland v Azerbaijan World Cup qualifier in Belfast on Wensday - found an interesting article in the Daily Mail this weekend
    "Those who think that NIreland will have a straight foward task in overcoming Azerbaijan and building on their fantastic 1-1 draw in Portugal should re-think. Not only are they higher ranked team in FIFA rankings, manager Berti Vogts appears to have persuaded the domestic league to take off the weekend just gone. This means the visitors will be fresh whereas O'Neill knew that over half his likely starting XI were either playing yesterday or Saturday night. And what O'Neill feared most - losing Johnny Evans to injury - has happened"

Azerbaijan 11/4 DNB for me

SON OF A *****!
    I was getting ready to post how great a tip this was and then a 90th minute equaliser >_< Damn it. So close.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

Regarding the N Ireland v Azerbaijan World Cup qualifier in Belfast on Wensday - found an interesting article in the Daily Mail this weekend
    "Those who think that NIreland will have a straight foward task in overcoming Azerbaijan and building on their fantastic 1-1 draw in Portugal should re-think. Not only are they higher ranked team in FIFA rankings, manager Berti Vogts appears to have persuaded the domestic league to take off the weekend just gone. This means the visitors will be fresh whereas O'Neill knew that over half his likely starting XI were either playing yesterday or Saturday night. And what O'Neill feared most - losing Johnny Evans to injury - has happened"

Azerbaijan 11/4 DNB for me
    Feck it so close :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Feck it so close :(

Yea I followed too, so close. Thought it was in the bag!

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭jkelly85

Brazil vs Colombia

Brazil to win and over 2.5 goals @ 6/5

jkelly85 wrote: »
    Brazil vs Colombia

Good odds for this

• Registered Users Posts: 54,288 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭niginator

I suppose it'd be rude not too back Falcao anytime even if it is against Brazil. I'll keep an eye on the overs/unders market inplay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

seanhynes wrote: »
    Azerbaijan plus 1 for me... Double. Of btts in Poland v Uruguay and Zlatan to score returns 340 from 75

nice picking

• Registered Users Posts: 54,288 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

jkelly85 wrote: »
    Brazil vs Colombia

That is awful hard luck

Neymar cost ya with one of the worse peno's iv ever seen

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Didnt see the Brazil match last night and i am sorry for those that lost money because of that penalty.
    I wonder, has that ball landed already?
    Makes Sergio Ramos' penalty against Bayern in the CL look like a near miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭jkelly85

Headshot wrote: »
    That is awful hard luck

Neymar cost ya with one of the worse peno's iv ever seen

only saw it this morning.....not happy at all :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

It might be worth trying Slavia double chance vs BATE, BATE have won the league and they have a very important game vs Lille on Tuesday so you can be sure they'll rest some players.
    In the last 2 meetings between these 2 sides, Slavia managed to score a goal, so I've gone for Slavia to score @ 1.55 to be on the safer side.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Avfctom

Any team new on the burton game fancy zola wincast if he plays

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

Really slim pickings tonight in regards to bets...

I have gone for an small bet of Godoy Cruz v Racing Colombes (More Goals in 2nd Half) @ 2.20

7 of Godoy's 12 Goals in the League this season were in the second half
    11 of Racing's 16 Goals in the League this season were in the second half
    Racing have a tendacy to both score and concede late whilsr;t playing away this season too, which is good news
    Godoy can concede early both home/away, which is not good, but also have a late goal in them too

I think this has a good chance. 8PM KO.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭BlueBaron

Avfctom wrote: »
    Any team new on the burton game fancy zola wincast if he plays

Did this with PP special 3/1, he's starting

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

tinodz wrote: »
    Really slim pickings tonight in regards to bets...

I have gone for an small bet of Godoy Cruz v Racing Colombes (More Goals in 2nd Half) @ 2.20

7 of Godoy's 12 Goals in the League this season were in the second half
    11 of Racing's 16 Goals in the League this season were in the second half
    Racing have a tendacy to both score and concede late whilsr;t playing away this season too, which is good news
    Godoy can concede early both home/away, which is not good, but also have a late goal in them too

I think this has a good chance. 8PM KO.

0-0 at HT. Goal scored at 49 minutes!

Happy with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Avfctom

BlueBaron wrote: »
    Did this with PP special 3/1, he's starting

Get in though it had no chance amount of chances he missed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Arsenal v Tottenham
    Both team to score 4/7 Looks like a banker to me. If you had seen Arsenal’s last home game they were hopeless against Fulham defensively. Taking a closer look at their results they have conceded at least 2 goals in their last 4 games in all competitions, and have only kept one clean sheet in their last 14 games. On the flip side they have also scored in 13 of their last 14 games, while Spurs have failed to shut their opponents out in all 5 away games in the league.
    Spurs have scored in 9 of their 10 Premier league games. Looking at it closer they are actually more prolific scorers away from home. (10 goals in 5 away games as opposed to just 8 in their 6 games at WHL)
    I think Arsenal are overpriced at 10/11 for the win, they havn’t played well since the West ham game at the start of October. Since then they were beaten by Norwich, narrowly beat a 10 man QPR at home, were comprehensively beaten by Man Utd and drew with Fulham last time out. Spurs’ form has been iffy of late but they have decent away form. I think it will be a draw and I think both managers would take that at the moment (worth noting Arsenal have a huge CL game midweek which they must win) Draw at 11/4

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭tip74

Injuries and suspensions:
    Kapfenberg v Grödig
    Kapfenberg: Burgstaller (12/0 d), Pitter (3/0 d), Kuljic (12/2 f), Barragán (8/0 d)
    Grödig: Taschwer (0/0 m)
    pick X2

Jihlava v Ceske Budejovice
    Jihlava: Koloušek (10/3 m), Tecl (11/10 f), Mešanovič (0/0 f), Marek (0/0 m), Masopust (14/0 m) (doubtful), Jungr (13/1 m)
    Ceske Budejovice: Řepka (10/1 d)
    pick X2

AGF Aarhus v FC Nordsjælland
    AGF Aarhus: Kure (8/0 d), Nørregaard (11/0 m), Skhirtladze (8/1 f), Vatsadze (5/1 f), Eckersley (14/1 d), Devdariani (12/3 m)
    FC Nordsjælland: Sise (0/0 f), Parkhurst (13/2 d), Mtiliga (13/1 d)
    pick X2

FC Lorient v Lille OSC
    FC Lorient: Ecuele Manga (1/0 d), Coutadeur (1/0 m), Mareque (6/0 d), Traoré (9/4 m), Barthelmé (11/1 m), Robert (0/0 f), Touré (0/0 d)
    Lille OSC: Mendes (6/1 f), Béria (7/0 d), Martin (9/0 m)
    pick 2

Zaglebie Lubin v GKS Belchatow
    Zaglebie Lubin: Horvath (1/0 d), Jeż (10/2 m)
    GKS Belchatow: Ma. Mak (3/0 m), Mi. Mak (2/0 f), Nowosielski (0/0 m), Kosowski (9/0 m), Lacić (7/0 d), Budziłek (0/0 g)
    pick 1

Galatasaray SK v Kardemir Karabükspor
    Galatasaray SK: Ujfalusi (2/0 d)
    Kardemir Karabükspor: Ünal (0/0 f), Seric (10/0 d), Jahic (7/0 d), Uçar (3/0 d), Shelton (8/2 f), Söylemezgiller (7/0 m)
    pick 1

Shane St. wrote: »
    Arsenal v Tottenham
    Both team to score 4/7 Looks like a banker to me. Draw at 11/4

Late fitness test for Giroud. If he’s out I can see Arsenal struggling to score. Is Gervinho available? I can’t imaging Walcott and Podolski working well together.

In the Bundeasliga tomorrow Frankfurt look good value @ 1.8 against bottom of the table Augsberg. Is there something I’m missing here – it seems a generous price.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Ciaran_B wrote: »
    Late fitness test for Giroud. If he’s out I can see Arsenal struggling to score. Is Gervinho available? I can’t imaging Walcott and Podolski working well together.

In the Bundeasliga tomorrow Frankfurt look good value @ 1.8 against bottom of the table Augsberg. Is there something I’m missing here – it seems a generous price.

Eintract have been overpriced all season. I've been on that gravy train since day 1 really solid side and I'm all over that this weekend.

One i've looked at for tonight. Tranmere are 7/4 to beat MK Dons at home. Generous price for League One leaders at home where they have been very solid 5-2-1 against a team that have been spotty away from home 2-3-3. I like the price of the overs as well at 11/10. Think these are two decent teams and will create a good few chances tonight.

Eintract have been overpriced all season. I've been on that gravy train since day 1 really solid side and I'm all over that this weekend.

Yeah – I’m going to have some of that myself. I’ve had a great run betting against Augsberg this season and I can’t see them getting their first win away to a top 3 side.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭iHateManCity

Cillian Sheridan to score tonight @ 3/1 for me. 8 games and 5 goals so far. not much research done so just a small bet

Going to have three small parlays tonight:

Half Unit - Tranmere & Lille to win
    1 Unit - Overs in Tranmere game & Unders in Lille game
    Half Unit - Tranmere, Dundee& Lille to win

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

One i've looked at for tonight. Tranmere are 7/4 to beat MK Dons at home. Generous price for League One leaders at home where they have been very solid 5-2-1 against a team that have been spotty away from home 2-3-3. I like the price of the overs as well at 11/10. Think these are two decent teams and will create a good few chances tonight.
    Careful with this one - I've looked at this and Tranmere are missing several regulars through injury ( two went off injured in there mid week victory) and they already have a small squad - id wait for team news first as odds seem too good to be true

• Advertisement

Careful with this one - I've looked at this and Tranmere are missing several regulars through injury ( two went off injured in there mid week victory) and they already have a small squad - id wait for team news first as odds seem too good to be true

They were 7/4 for this game on Monday so the bookies have not adjusted for any injuries. Price seemed to big on Monday and it still seems to big for me. Also the overs at 11/10 looks a decent coinflip.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement