Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football Tips Thread v3

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 155 ✭✭jay92

Nice bet for tonight pays at 14.8/1 roughly

Goal (both teams to score) Dundee Utd v Kilmarnock
    (Goal / No Goal) 16/11/2012 None 8/11 To Run

2 Goal (both teams to score) Lorient v Lille
    (Goal / No Goal) 16/11/2012 None 4/5 To Run

3 Goal (both teams to score) Helmond Sport v FC Volendam
    (Goal / No Goal) 16/11/2012 None 4/9 To Run

4 Goal (both teams to score) Galatasaray v Karabukspor
    (Goal / No Goal) 16/11/2012 None 5/6 To Run

5 Excelsior Excelsior v FC Oss
    (Full Time Result) 16/11/2012 None 4/9 To Run

6 Go Ahead Eagles Go Ahead Eagles v Apeldoorn
    (Full Time Result)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Do many people fancy Wigan to get something at Liverpool. I thought they were very good against spurs at WHL a few weeks ago and well Liverpool haven't (Chelsea aside) been too hot lately. Wigan double chance 17/10

Going to double that up with Man Utd away to Norwich @ 4/9.

Double of 25 pays 97

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

Radonman wrote: »
    Careful with this one - I've looked at this and Tranmere are missing several regulars through injury ( two went off injured in there mid week victory) and they already have a small squad - id wait for team news first as odds seem too good to be true
    They were 7/4 for this game on Monday so the bookies have not adjusted for any injuries. Price seemed to big on Monday and it still seems to big for me. Also the overs at 11/10 looks a decent coinflip.

Taken from the Punters Lounge "Tranmere are the current leaders of this division, but they don't have such a good team. They have some players out with injuries with atrikers Akpo Akpra (7 goals) and Bell-Baggie and also Thompson and Taylor are out now after being substituted during Tranmere's FA Cup match. The visitors are a very defensive minded team. They have finished 14 out of 17 matches with under 2.5 goals. They have problems to score up front while their defence is tight, as it is Tranmere's. Both sides do have good back lines and both will equalise each other. Less goals here."

Que a Tranmere win and over 2.5goals:rolleyes: - no bet for me - gonna probably regret it as Tranmere have been good to me

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Bastia DNB @ 2.05

Bastia double chance / Slaviya to score vs BATE @ 2.25

Really fancy Bastia not to lose vs Brest, Brest are unbeaten at home this season but remember that Bordeaux hadn't lost for 16 games before Bastia beat them 3-1. Bastia's coach has finally decided to drop his first choice keeper who's by far the worst keeper in Ligue 1, his replacement kept a clean sheet in a cup game vs Auxerre, he joined Juventus when he was young (though he never played for them) so he must have some quality... If it wasn't for their terrible keeper and defense, Bastia would be much higher in the table, they play attractive attacking football and they know how to score goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Cillian Sheridan to score tonight @ 3/1 for me. 8 games and 5 goals so far. not much research done so just a small bet

good shout in after 9mins

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭iHateManCity

Cillian Sheridan to score tonight @ 3/1 for me. 8 games and 5 goals so far. not much research done so just a small bet
    why didn't I go for FGS :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Avfctom

Arsenal v tottenham

Ht draw
    Ft draw
    11/2 with williamhill looks big to me

• Registered Users Posts: 6,009 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Question, If I back Wigan on the Asian handicap tomorrow +1.0 & +1.5. Does this mean that if Wigan either win draw or lose by one goal the bets a winner??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

baraca wrote: »
    Question, If I back Wigan on the Asian handicap tomorrow +1.0 & +1.5. Does this mean that if Wigan either win draw or lose by one goal the bets a winner??

If Wigan lose by one goal the bet will be half refund half winner (Half your stake will be refunded, half your stake will win at the odds taken).
    If Wigan draw or win, the bet will be a winner.
    If Wigan lose by 2 goals the bet's a loser.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,858 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

singles on these two
    same as you incognito
    big price wigan double chance 13/8 pp
    Wigan were excellent against spurs and have it
    in them to get something out of this
    has to be taken given liverpool have won
    just the one home game 1-0 v reading

spurs double chance 5/6
    could go anyway in fairness and there might
    be a hell of a lot of goals in this the way these
    two defend
    nothing between these two sides, can't have arsenal at 10/11
    when a draw and spurs much the same price
    too big a price to ignore.

these two and swans, wbrom and soton double chance
    all look a possibility at near evens
    soton are crap but qpr still havent won a game, both desperate and
    both will settle for a draw i think
    i cant imagine too many taking qpr at odds on
    broms home form is good but foster is out, only for that i'd be on
    five home wins out of six not too shabby but it concerns me that
    mancity outplayed them with ten men
    newc probably a better side than swans but they've both
    won three games and theres only a point between these two
    certainly wouldnt be taking odds on bout newc when i can
    get the same price on the other two outcomes

smaller singles on soton double chance and swans double chance
    5/6+4/5 pp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,009 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

yesno1234 wrote: »
    If Wigan lose by one goal the bet will be half refund half winner (Half your stake will be refunded, half your stake will win at the odds taken).
    If Wigan draw or win, the bet will be a winner.
    If Wigan lose by 2 goals the bet's a loser.

Thanks, Never bothered with Asian handicaps.

Not a bad bet so.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

I quite like the look of this treble for slightly under 4/1

BTTS in Spurs Arsenal, both teams pretty poor at the back this season
    Frankfurt to win at home to Ausburg, Ausburg seem pretty poor away from home this year.
    Over 42.5 points in the England Australia rugby match, I can see this one cruising in, both teams have leaky enough defenses and some strong finishers

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Debating whether or not to lump heavily on Spurs double chance. Arsenal missing a rake of players and 5/6 is indeed very tempting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Wigan +3 1/5, Villa +3 4/9(:eek:) and everton double chance 1/5, Trebles pays abit over evens.

Citys biggest win this season off the top of my head was 3-0 home to Sunderland. After the international break with all there players knackered from travelling I expect them to be even lazier tommorow. Will look to lay City on betfair and cash out around halftime.
    Villa beat them in the lge cup last month and were unlucky against United.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭frat

Over 2.5 in the 2 Aussie games and over 3.5 in the Arsenal and United games.

$50 on paying just under $1,000

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭hellfish08

Man United win is 1/2 on Bet365, generally 4/9 elsewhere

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/norwich-v-man-utd/winner

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Before anyone lumps on BTTS in the Arsenal vs Spurs game, Lloris is rumored to start ahead of Friedel.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,858 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Wigan +3 1/5, Villa +3 4/9(:eek:) and everton double chance 1/5, Trebles pays abit over evens.

you know those prices are shocking but it coming to evens makes
    it look really good
    that really looks like free money

have as much as i can afford on that
    works out at 11/10 bet365
    pp dont seem to have wigan +3 and are shorter on villa

• Registered Users Posts: 15 sprinter350

selections

spurs 11/4
    southhampton 3/1
    west brom 11/4

€10 win treble pays a little over €500

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭torres9kop

Lump on cheltenham 11/4 to beat rotherham. Rotherham have up to 9 first teamers missing and were thrashed 5-0 last week. Cheltenham 3rd in table, rotherham 8th. No brainer . Free cash. Lump

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭squirrelohara

torres9kop wrote: »
    Lump on cheltenham 11/4 to beat rotherham. Rotherham have up to 9 first teamers missing and were thrashed 5-0 last week. Cheltenham 3rd in table, rotherham 8th. No brainer . Free cash. Lump
    I presume your always taking the piss when you say "lump on" and "free money". Last bet i remember you saying this you did about a 5 team accum of minus 1 and not one of them came in

I presume your always taking the piss when you say "lump on" and "free money". Last bet i remember you saying this you did about a 5 team accum of minus 1 and not one of them came in
    Dont do it then. Ur loss pal

Thats true. Good luck with it though.

Heres the logic in this bet. If newcastle were missing 9 first teamers and were playing lets say a full strenght chelsea would u not lump on chelsea. Dont be always trying to knock people giving good info on here hoping everyone can benefit

Heres the logic in this bet. If newcastle were missing 9 first teamers and were playing lets say a full strenght chelsea would u not lump on chelsea. Dont be always trying to knock people giving good info on here hoping everyone can benefit
    The "lump" and "free money" is only light hearted banter. Dont take it so seriously

You've been talking to yourself for a while now. I said good luck. I hope you win.....must have hit a soft spot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Any thoughts on Watford too beat Wolves?

You've been talking to yourself for a while now. I said good luck. I hope you win.....must have hit a soft spot
    Id say chelts will b first team on ur coupon today. Ur welcome for the tip. When they win dont praise me later. Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 12,050 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Man U Palace Bournemouth Crawley 6/1
    BTTS in Arsenal, Burnley, Cardiff, Scunthorpe, Shrewsbury Aberdeen games 16/1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

Placed a bet with Boyles for the 1st time in about a year. Still the slowest bookie to pay out i see, bloody ridiculous. Bad and all as pp can be, they' re a damn sight better than these shower.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement