Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football Tips Thread v3

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

inforfun wrote: »
    And the way Heracles is leaking goals with their 3 men defence, Malki to score any time @2.37 is not to be sniffed at.

Get in. Even @1.8 i would have taken it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

No draws in prem at all this weekend surely tommorrow West Ham Stoke will be one.:)

Early one for thursday.

Lay PSV against Dnipr

PSV's next 3 matches in the league are against Vitesse, Ajax and FC Twente and they will take no risks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Early one for thursday.

Lay PSV against Dnipr

PSV's next 3 matches in the league are against Vitesse, Ajax and FC Twente and they will take no risks.

Add to that they've been P*** poor in the Europa last two games. I made a nice wedge on AIK last time out at 9/2

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Sir Alex Ferguson will select from a younger squad than usual when he names his Manchester United side to face Galatasaray on Tuesday night.
    The party of 21 players flying out to Istanbul includes seven young men who have yet to play in the UEFA Champions League, including midfielders Nick Powell, Larnell Cole, Davide Petrucci and Ryan Tunnicliffe, striker Joshua King and defender Marnick Vermijl. The other two - defender / defensive midfielder Tom Thorpe and goalkeeper Sam Johnstone - are still without a senior appearance in any competition for the Reds, although both are United Under-21 regulars and have been capped by England at Under-19 level.
    The senior players missing the trip to Turkey include Wayne Rooney, Rio Ferdinand, Ryan Giggs, Paul Scholes, David De Gea and Robin van Persie.
    Travelling squad: Sam Johnstone, Anders Lindegaard; Rafael, Alexander Buttner, Phil Jones, Tom Thorpe, Marnick Vermijl, Scott Wootton; Michael Carrick, Davide Petrucci, Larnell Cole, Tom Cleverley, Darren Fletcher, Anderson, Nick Powell, Ashley Young, Ryan Tunnicliffe; Javier Hernandez, Joshua King, Danny Welbeck, Federico Macheda.

I'm taking Galatasaray @ 1.88 before the odds drop even more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Sir Alex Ferguson will select from a younger squad than usual when he names his Manchester United side to face Galatasaray on Tuesday night.
    The party of 21 players flying out to Istanbul includes seven young men who have yet to play in the UEFA Champions League, including midfielders Nick Powell, Larnell Cole, Davide Petrucci and Ryan Tunnicliffe, striker Joshua King and defender Marnick Vermijl. The other two - defender / defensive midfielder Tom Thorpe and goalkeeper Sam Johnstone - are still without a senior appearance in any competition for the Reds, although both are United Under-21 regulars and have been capped by England at Under-19 level.
    The senior players missing the trip to Turkey include Wayne Rooney, Rio Ferdinand, Ryan Giggs, Paul Scholes, David De Gea and Robin van Persie.
    Travelling squad: Sam Johnstone, Anders Lindegaard; Rafael, Alexander Buttner, Phil Jones, Tom Thorpe, Marnick Vermijl, Scott Wootton; Michael Carrick, Davide Petrucci, Larnell Cole, Tom Cleverley, Darren Fletcher, Anderson, Nick Powell, Ashley Young, Ryan Tunnicliffe; Javier Hernandez, Joshua King, Danny Welbeck, Federico Macheda.

I'm taking Galatasaray @ 1.88 before the odds drop even more.

Seems a solid bet.

Patrick Power are doing an enhanced special on Roma and West Ham to win tonight at 5/2 double. I'm taking the price and laying the teams individually on Betfair. Easy money! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Roma v Torino
    Erik Lamela anytime 7/4
    No other reason than he's scored in his last 6 matches

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ForeverYoung90

magherakid wrote: »
    Roma v Torino
    Erik Lamela anytime 7/4

Following you on this. Insurebet First GS Lamela (pp) 13/5 for me.

Also West Ham v Stoke under 2.5 surely a good thing for tonight 8/13.
    Im also on the draw 23/10.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Also West Ham v Stoke under 2.5 must be a banker for tonight 8/13.

Too short imo.

• Advertisement

magherakid wrote: »
    Roma v Torino
    Erik Lamela anytime 7/4

had him in an accumulator with Pelle 2(won) and Milito 1 at nice odds
    And then Milito does this:

ffs inforfun sick

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Irish94

Early one for thursday.

Lay PSV against Dnipr

What does 'Lay' mean?

Warper wrote: »
    Too short imo.

It may be short at 8/13 alright but but would be a good pick for a double/accum. Cant see many goals in this. Stoke City are playing tbf.:)

Irish94 wrote: »
    What does 'Lay' mean?

Betting on a team not to win. ie PSV lose/draw the match then your bet wins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Any thoughts on Champions League today. Gonna do some researching now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭ConorCBS

Shane St. wrote: »
    Any thoughts on Champions League today. Gonna do some researching now

It's on tomorrow. :)

But I will more than likely be backing Benfica and Shaktar.

Good aul Paddy

543034_10151254373904914_55336206_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

BATE @ 1.88 (vs Lille)

Lille are not taking this game seriously, they know they'll finish bottom of the group so now they're focusing on the league. Right back Debuchy, center back Chedjou and central midfielder Balmont (3 important players) are all rested and left back Béria is injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭MikeyGorse

BATE @ 1.88 (vs Lille)

Lille are not taking this game seriously, they know they'll finish bottom of the group so now they're focusing on the league. Right back Debuchy, center back Chedjou and central midfielder Balmont (3 important players) are all rested and left back Béria is injured.

Evens on Bet365

• Advertisement

A teacher used to say to us back in school "Want a football betting tip?".Yes please sir."Don't Bet!".Haha very funny old man.:rolleyes:

My main bet for this weeks Champions League
    Man City to win v Madrid 2/1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Don't normally make bets in ridiculous odds but a 1-0 win for West Ham through a Nolan goal is 22/1... I'm half thinking of it, or else 2-0, Nolan first goal at 30/1. Can see West Ham winning this but not conceding goal and who else to score but Nolan?

Anyway, aside from that... anyone betting in the Sociedad/Rayo game tonight? If so, what's the verdict?

West Ham v Southampton
    Over 3.5 Cards 1/1
    Taking a chance with this but Huth, Adam, Shawcross, Whelan, Wilkinson, Noble, Reid and Tomkins all start and pick up cards so worth the risk.

Referee is Chris Foy http://www.soccerbase.com/referees/referee.sd?referee_id=142

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Higgytash

Man United leavin most the first team at home for their trip to Galatasaray tomorrow as they already have qualified top of the group. Awful young side travelling.
    Johnstone, Lindegaard; Rafael, Buttner, Jones, Thorpe, Vermijl, Wootton; Carrick, Petrucci, Cole, Cleverley, Fletcher, Anderson, Powell, Young, Tunnicliffe; Hernandez, King, Welbeck, Macheda...

Galatasaray never an easy place to go especially for an English team. Galatasaray Really need a win here to qualify from the group.
    Galatasaray win 19/20 Is a great bet IMO im considering lumping on them

Also tomorrow i quite fancy the following teams
    BATE 1/1
    Barcelona 1/3
    Shakhtar Donetsk

4 Fold pays 6/1

• Registered Users Posts: 16,759 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Hi,

Aint ever posted here but i think Stoke at home this weekend to Fulham are cracking bets at 6/5 with PP,only place i have looked so far.

Fulham are in trouble with players as Hangeland the main CB is suspended with Sendross to come who is a poor player.

Ruiz and Kachilic(spelling) are both out and alot of the creativity goes there too.......Add in Stokes solid defence plus a good result at West Ham and i think they will collect 3 points with out any bother..

Also West Ham v Stoke under 2.5 surely a good thing for tonight 8/13.
    Im also on the draw 23/10.

Not a bad night for me.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

More United problems.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1716/champions-league/2012/11/19/3540940/breaking-news-manchester-united-held-up-at-airport-by-angry?source=breakingnews
    Manchester United held up at airport by angry Galatasaray fans ahead of Champions League clash

Manchester United's preparations for Tuesday's Champions League clash with Galatasaray were disrupted on Monday, when the Red Devils were met by chaotic scenes at an airport in Turkey.

The Red Devils arrived at Ataturk Airport earlier this evening, but were forced to leave the building through a separate terminal after their arrival was greeted by almost 1000 fans, who attempted to force their way through to the team.

Cannot be good good build up for a bunch of youngsters

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

More United problems.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1716/champions-league/2012/11/19/3540940/breaking-news-manchester-united-held-up-at-airport-by-angry?source=breakingnews
    Manchester United held up at airport by angry Galatasaray fans ahead of Champions League clash

Manchester United's preparations for Tuesday's Champions League clash with Galatasaray were disrupted on Monday, when the Red Devils were met by chaotic scenes at an airport in Turkey.

The Red Devils arrived at Ataturk Airport earlier this evening, but were forced to leave the building through a separate terminal after their arrival was greeted by almost 1000 fans, who attempted to force their way through to the team.

Cannot be good good build up for a bunch of youngsters

• Registered Users Posts: 54,288 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I remember the last time this happened, that was fair scary on the utd players. Giggs still talks of it to this day

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

Galatasary v Man Utd
    Galatasary evens on Betfair at the moment. Seems like decent odds considering the much weakened squad United are sending, not to mention venue and the fact its a must win for Galatasary

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement