Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football Tips Thread v3

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 155 ✭✭jay92

celtic,galatassary and sheffield united treble 21/1...can see some very good results tomorrow !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ForeverYoung90

jay92 wrote: »
    celtic,galatassary and sheffield united treble 21/1...can see some very good results tomorrow !

Celtic will do well to get a draw against Benfica imo. Benfica to win 1/2 a cert for my accum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭stingerro

dahat wrote: »
    Hi,

Aint ever posted here but i think Stoke at home this weekend to Fulham are cracking bets at 6/5 with PP,only place i have looked so far.

Fulham are in trouble with players as Hangeland the main CB is suspended with Sendross to come who is a poor player.

Ruiz and Kachilic(spelling) are both out and alot of the creativity goes there too.......Add in Stokes solid defence plus a good result at West Ham and i think they will collect 3 points with out any bother..
    It's more or less highest on the market, just checked. Odds are already dropping for that.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

inforfun wrote: »
    Early one for thursday.

Lay PSV against Dnipr

PSV's next 3 matches in the league are against Vitesse, Ajax and FC Twente and they will take no risks.

And from the group i am considering taking a AIK DC.
    PSV played there 2 weeks ago with their strongest possible 11 and lost. The pitch was really bad and seeing Napoli's away result in this group, losses against PSV and Dnipro i think they will not be able to get much there.
    It all depends if a certain Mr. Cavani will travel, i suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭superfurry1

Going for Man Utd Chelsea Bate Bayern fourfold hoping it clicks tonight roughly 61-1 tenner on.:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Tony Clarke

Bate V Lille
    Nordjessland v Shaktar
    Valencia Bayern
    BTTS
    Fingers crossed on about 10 losses in a row 15/8

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I don't know what the Gallatasary team is like so can people who know the team tell me...are they actually better than United's second string team?

People are saying "the stadium gives them an advantage" and "they must win", but I've yet to see anyone actually say (using informed reasoning) that the Turks are actually a better team than a second string United team (and one that will likely have Anderson, Fletcher, Welbeck and Chico in it).

Can anyone who has seen them play tell me about the team themselves?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

they were very good on their visit to old trafford and unlucky to come away with a defeat. Against the first team. United dont need anything tonight and it will be a side that dont play together often out for us. If they play like they did in manchester again in their own backyard it will be very hard for united to win.

In short betting against united tonight looks very good. They are a good side gala. Can only see them winning

• Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

I don't know what the Gallatasary team is like so can people who know the team tell me...are they actually better than United's second string team?

People are saying "the stadium gives them an advantage" and "they must win", but I've yet to see anyone actually say (using informed reasoning) that the Turks are actually a better team than a second string United team (and one that will likely have Anderson, Fletcher, Welbeck and Chico in it).

The fact that they were available at 2.5 two weeks ago and have shortened to around evens in the meantime suggests the squad United are travelling with has been accounted for in the adjusted price and there's unlikely to be any more than the usual value in laying United as an overbacked team.

I reckon the Turkish league leaders should well be able to win against a Man Utd B team.
    They had their last game on friday and even took off the more important players about 20 minutes from time. This makes me think they will throw it all on tonights game.

But Turkish teams know very well what "choking" is too. Add a bit of a disciplinary problem when things arent going their way and everything could happen tonight.
    Big part to be played by the ref i think. Velasco Carballo from Spain and we all know they like their cards.
    Can find his stats on soccerway at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Eden Hazard apparently playing as a false number 9 tonight. Maybe a bit of value on him as anytime goalscorer, currently best priced at 5.46 after comm. on BF.

He's 13.0 to score first with PP, Bwin and Coral.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Betting based on a daily mail story, I've seen it all now. Would be minimal value if he is indeed starting there, Juve keep it extremely tight at the back at home, conceed very few but I'd be at least waiting on starting lineups anyway.

Rekop dog wrote: »
    Betting based on a daily mail story, I've seen it all now. Would be minimal value if he is indeed starting there, Juve keep it extremely tight at the back at home, conceed very few but I'd be at least waiting on starting lineups anyway.

In my experience, even rags have a fairly high strike rate when it comes to team news like this. It's not like a bull**** transfer story written in the middle of July that everyone forgets was ever written. I doubt Neil Ashton would put his credibility on the line this much by making an extravagant guess that Hazard will lead the line for Chelsea tonight, I'm fairly confident he's been told something by someone he trusts.

Granted Juve don't normally concede many at home but they'll feel they need to win this right? Maybe a slightly more expansive approach than usual.

A price of 5.46 indicates an 18.3% chance of him scoring anytime. For a player likely to be leading the line for Chelsea and who is also on penalties, albeit to Juve away, I would consider it a bit more than 'minimal' value.

The problem with waiting until the teams are announced is that you're risking the price shortening. The rumour is already in the public sphere, I'd prefer to take my chances and trust the news that he'll be playing up front.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,288 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

What ever happened bet365 offering card handicap bets. I fancied - moscow and gala

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

If anyone is looking at backing Gala tonight you maybe better off waiting till close too kick-off odds are drifting a bit.

One bet i'm having on this game is cards market. SJ has line at over 46 points @ 11/8. Carlos Velasco is the ref.

Gala averaged 48 points in their 4 games so far. Tonight it their make or break for going further in the comp plus add in a young team United are going field could be very interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Blatter wrote: »

In my experience, even rags have a fairly high strike rate when it comes to team news like this. It's not like a bull**** transfer story written in the middle of July that everyone forgets was ever written. I doubt Neil Ashton would put his credibility on the line this much by making an extravagant guess that Hazard will lead the line for Chelsea tonight, I'm fairly confident he's been told something by someone he trusts.

Granted Juve don't normally concede many at home but they'll feel they need to win this right? Maybe a slightly more expansive approach than usual.

A price of 5.46 indicates an 18.3% chance of him scoring anytime. For a player likely to be leading the line for Chelsea and who is also on penalties, albeit to Juve away, I would consider it a bit more than 'minimal' value.

The problem with waiting until the teams are announced is that you're risking the price shortening. The rumour is already in the public sphere, I'd prefer to take my chances and trust the news that he'll be playing up front.

Personally think Juve do a number on them tonight but from a defensive pov they had the best record in all the big 5 leagues last season and have the second best this season thus far after Bayern, recent result vs Inter is a bit of an outlier IMO from which they bounced back really well afterwards,, Lazio blessed to take a point from them at the weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Also point Gala backers too

United v Chelsea Carling Cup more or less the same squad, they took a strong Chelsea team too extra time.

Rekop dog wrote: »
    Personally think Juve do a number on them tonight but from a defensive pov they had the best record in all the big 5 leagues last season and have the second best this season thus far after Bayern, recent result vs Inter is a bit of an outlier IMO from which they bounced back really well afterwards,, Lazio blessed to take a point from them at the weekend.

I have no doubt that Juve have a very good defensive record over the past year or so. But I also have no doubt that Chelsea are a step up from the rest of the teams in Italy and are more than capable of scoring at least once tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭ConorCBS

Anyone know why BATE have gone from 2.00 to 2.30 on Boyles?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Got both teams to score at evens in Spartak V Barcelona. Went big enough it really should come in.
    Barcelona are by no means excellent defensively (conceded 5 goals in their 4 group games, incl. 2 at the Nou Camp against this opposition) They are more vulnerable away from home (conceding twice as many league goals on their travels)
    Spartak have found the net twice against both Celtic and Benfica and they should manage at least one tonight... Looks a cracking bet to me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Blatter wrote: »
    Eden Hazard apparently playing as a false number 9 tonight. Maybe a bit of value on him as anytime goalscorer, currently best priced at 5.46 after comm. on BF.

He's 13.0 to score first with PP, Bwin and Coral.

Paddypower have an offer in store that they will double first goalscorer odds for a second goal and they're top priced on him at 12-1 too.

Opr

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭BBoyle88

Few thoughts for tonight:

Juve to score the first goal before and incl 24th min...they have scored 9 goals in this timeframe already this season and i expect them to come out of the blocks quickly tonight in front of a partizan crowd. 21/10.

A.Vidal to score anytime 17/10, been scoring a lot this season, late runs from deep proving effective.

Benfica ht/ft 6/5, their class should overcome celtics guile tonight. Lima to score anytime 7/5, 8 goals in 13 games for the brazilian this year.

I post my tips on Twitter as well @BrendyBoyle.

Cover all domestic leagues and major european leagues at weekends. Starting to post here as well.

BBoyle88 wrote: »

A.Vidal to score anytime 17/10, been scoring a lot this season, late runs from deep proving effective.

That is a terrible price considering you can get 10/3 elsewhere.

Fabregas to score anytime v moscow also 8/5

10/3 for vidal is a great price!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,136 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Dimitri Kombarov at 6s to score anytime for me against Barca, Spartak's top scorer and as above think they will score at least one.

Might fail on the first hurdle already (Bate - Lille) but going for all teams to score tonight @75

Cant really pick anything today so will go for live betting on match(es) i am actually watching.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Gone for BTTS in Gala, Valencia and Chelsea games @2.8 Not very sure about it though but Valencia love scoring, Munich are off the back of scoring 6, Chelsea always score with Juventus unbeatable nearly at home... and United are extremely leaky but always manage to score too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Man Utd Team: Lindegaard, Rafael, Jones, Buttner, Carrick, Fletcher, Cleverley, Anderson, Powell, Welbeck, Hernandez

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Chelsea team Cech; Ivanovic, Luiz, Cahill, Cole; Mikel, Ramires; Azpilicueta, Oscar, Mata; Hazard.

#Juventus XI vs. Chelsea - Buffon, Barzagli, Bonucci, Chiellini, Lichtsteiner, Vidal, Pirlo, Marchisio, Asamoah, Quagliarella, Vucinic.

Hazard does infact seem to be playing as a false 9. Probably be a lot of swapping between the front 3 though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement