Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football Tips Thread v3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Barnet V Oxford 20/11/12 20:00(GMT)

Barnet AH (0.00, + 0.50) @ 1.925 7/10
    Barnet win & under 2.5 @ 7.00 3/10

Both sides met a few weeks ago in the cup where Oxford won 2 - 0, but Barnet had quite a depleted squad back then, there was a virus going through a few players added with injuries they ended playing a few youths in the team. I think this result may be affecting the odds a small bit.
    Barnet are without the suspended Edgar Davids tonight being there main loss, Collins John looks to be returning to fitness with a couple of reserve games he'll probably start on the bench tonight though, expect him to be given 20 - 30 minutes.

Oxford are on very poor form Wilder is set to get the axe being the rumour going around the fans forums,

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭ironkiwi

Football League Accum
    Sheff Utd @ 4/7,Doncaster @ 9/5,Burton Albion @ 1/1,Rotherham @ 8/15,Port Vale @ 4/6.

Champions League Accum
    Juventus @ 4/5, Valencia v Bayern Munich BTTS 4/7,CFR Cluj v Sporting Braga BTTS 4/6,Galatasaray @ 11/10

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Austria!

magherakid wrote: »
    Man Utd Team: Lindegaard, Rafael, Jones, Buttner, Carrick, Fletcher, Cleverley, Anderson, Powell, Welbeck, Hernandez

Overs. Lump on.

Anderson Cleverly was the midfield partnership at the start of last season when united games were very high scoring, the defence is weak, galatasary have to attack, a similar team scored plenty against chelsea in the carling cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭ConorCBS

U]Champions League - Benfica vs. Celtic.[/U]

We've all heard of Celtic's amazing win against Barcelona and it would be great for them to go through, but I can see Benfica delaying Celtic's party for another couple of weeks. Benfica have won their last 5 games, keeping a solid 5 clean sheets in the progress. Benfica need a win tonight to have any hope of qualifying from the group. Celtic have been excellent in the Champions League so far, but the Estádio da Luz is a very tough place to go, with only Chelsea and Barcelona taking all 3 points there in the last couple of years. Should be a good game anyway.

Benfica to win @1.53.

--

Champions League - Nordsjaelland vs. Shakhtar Donetsk.

Shakhtar travel to Norway Denmark knowing a win could see them seal their qualification from the group tonight. Nordsjaelland are poor enough and have done well to get this far. Shakhtar Donetsk should have no problems winning this tonight if they go about things with the right attitude. Shakhtar. Nordsjaelland managed to get their first ever Champions League point at home to Juventus a month or so ago and they will be happy with that. There is the potential for an upset if Shakhtar are overconfident, but they are playing a full-strength team and I think they will want to secure qualification tonight.

Shakhtar Donetsk to win @1.30.

--

€100 - Both to win @1.99. (Paddy Power)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

Chelsea seem to have set out not to lose tonight, double chance is @2.04 now which is huge imo, Juve are good, but not that good.

Chelseas bad run has to end sometime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

€5 on Hazard to score 2 or more goals @ 21.00

Reasoning - Why not?

• Registered Users Posts: 54,288 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Benfica v celtic

Gone for -4 corner handicap for Benfica 6/5. Its a tad to high for my liking but I still went for it none the less. Its a must win game for Benfica. Celtic on the other hand would be delighted with a draw and will most likely play for that. They probably hope of nicking a goal on the counter or setpieces

Best way to get around Celtics defence is width and benfica have players that can hurt celtic there. I hope to see a lot of corners

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Higgytash

After BATE B slipping earlier a draw will see Valencia and Bayern through and I think they will definitely play accordingly 12/5 great odds for this IMO ...

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭BBoyle88

ConorCBS wrote: »

We've all heard of Celtic's amazing win against Barcelona and it would be great for them to go through, but I can see Benfica delaying Celtic's party for another couple of weeks. Benfica have won their last 5 games, keeping a solid 5 clean sheets in the progress. Benfica need a win tonight to have any hope of qualifying from the group. Celtic have been excellent in the Champions League so far, but the Estádio da Luz is a very tough place to go, with only Chelsea and Barcelona taking all 3 points there in the last couple of years. Should be a good game anyway.

Benfica to win @1.53.

--

Shakhtar travel to Norway Denmark knowing a win could see them seal their qualification from the group tonight. Nordsjaelland are poor enough and have done well to get this far. Shakhtar Donetsk should have no problems winning this tonight if they go about things with the right attitude. Shakhtar. Nordsjaelland managed to get their first ever Champions League point at home to Juventus a month or so ago and they will be happy with that. There is the potential for an upset if Shakhtar are overconfident, but they are playing a full-strength team and I think they will want to secure qualification tonight.

--

€100 - Both to win @1.99. [COLOR="Red"](Paddy Power)[/COLOR]

My goal before the the 25th minute in the juve didn't come up trumps, juve 6 shots in that time with 3 very good chances. Should have scored at least one. They're playing silky football

BBoyle88 wrote: »

My goal before the the 25th minute in the juve didn't come up trumps, juve 6 shots in that time with 3 very good chances. Should have scored at least one. They're playing silky football

At least my Vidal tip came in 2/1 :)@BrendyBoyle

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

At least my Vidal tip came in 2/1 :)@BrendyBoyle

Prob best if nobody follows you if you allow yourself to be raped on value like the above bet.

Headshot wrote: »
    Benfica v celtic

Gone for -4 corner handicap for Benfica 6/5. Its a tad to high for my liking but I still went for it none the less. Its a must win game for Benfica. Celtic on the other hand would be delighted with a draw and will most likely play for that. They probably hope of nicking a goal on the counter or setpieces

Best way to get around Celtics defence is width and benfica have players that can hurt celtic there. I hope to see a lot of corners

The bet made total sense but that 1st goal came far to early for my bet but thanks **** for that Celtic goal

Anyway

go wan ya good thing

Benfica to win @1.53.

--

--

€100 - Both to win @1.99. (Paddy Power)

Get in! Delighted! :pac:

Both teams made hard work of it but they got the job done in the end. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

Galatasary v Man Utd
    Galatasary evens on Betfair at the moment. Seems like decent odds considering the much weakened squad United are sending, not to mention venue and the fact its a must win for Galatasary

Nice result

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Needed one more goal in the Gal - Utd game. Ugh! Heard both Powell and Altinop hit that bar. Was watching the Juve - Chel game myself.

Ugh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Avfctom

Right guys what u reckon of this tmoz

Zenit to win
    Arsenal to win
    Schalke to win

30 returns 100

Borrusia dortmund to win
    Man city to win
    4/1 £20

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Thursday:

Rubin Kazan - Inter Milan

Inter wil leave the following players at home:

Samir Handanovic, Antonio Cassano, Diego Milito, Walter Samuel, Esteban Cambiasso and Sneijder

Rubin @2 to win

Trouble is, they both have 10 points and are through to the next round so Rubin might rest the same amount of players.

Lass any thoughts on PSG tomorrow? Im tempted to go for ibra anytime scorer

Anyone have anything for tomorrow night?

Few difficult matches. Thinking of doing an Arsenal and Shalke double. Maybe throw in Porto too to bring it over evens.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Lass any thoughts on PSG tomorrow? Im tempted to go for ibra anytime scorer

21/20 best price b365... PSG have been much better in Europe than in the league.
    I was tempted by psg win but taking this instead.

• Advertisement

Anyone have anything for tomorrow night?

Few difficult matches. Thinking of doing an Arsenal and Shalke double. Maybe throw in Porto too to bring it over evens.

Iv added zenit in must win game think they will edge it and tempted to add PSG or draw and man city or draw to my original treble

21/20 best price b365... PSG have been much better in Europe than in the league.
    I was tempted by psg win but taking this instead.

Tough night ahead again tomorrow, I'd be edging for a Milan win, they're playing better recently and players like El Sharawaay and pazzini are scoring. Schalke should win at home, they outclassed olympiakos in Greece. Kiev v psg has under 2.5 written all over it. Arsenal -1 I reckon also

Ibrahimovic 5/2 anytime assist is really juicy

He set up all the goals in the previous head to head

Ibrahimovic 5/2 anytime assist is really juicy

He set up all the goals in the previous head to head

Good find! He has a load of assists this year. There won't be many goals tho I reckon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Tough night ahead again tomorrow, I'd be edging for a Milan win, they're playing better recently and players like El Sharawaay and pazzini are scoring. Schalke should win at home, they outclassed olympiakos in Greece. Kiev v psg has under 2.5 written all over it. Arsenal -1 I reckon also

Yep Im taking Milan DNB 4/5 on betfair. Must win game for Milan and after a great comeback to Napoli the weekend things are looking up for them.

Yep Im taking Milan DNB 5/6 on betfair. Must win game for Milan and after a great comeback to Napoli the weekend things are looking up for them.

True, 2-0 down away was impressive. 5/6 is a v generous price!

Iv gone for double of goal line 3 in the two matches in Group D

Over3.0 @ 1.85
    Over3.0 @ 1.975

Basically in each match there are teams that must win or they're out, so its do or die time now and I have the insurance of if only 3 goals, bet is void

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭stingerro

inforfun wrote: »
    Thursday:

Rubin Kazan - Inter Milan

Inter wil leave the following players at home:

Samir Handanovic, Antonio Cassano, Diego Milito, Walter Samuel, Esteban Cambiasso and Sneijder

Rubin @2 to win

Trouble is, they both have 10 points and are through to the next round so Rubin might rest the same amount of players.
    Inter also seems to have plenty of talented youngesters, wouldn't be surprised to see some of them doing well in this meaningless match.

Still getting messages about money god some people must be desperate if there chasing me for money i never gave the info its not my fault it lost

• Advertisement

Avfctom wrote: »
    Still getting messages about money god some people must be desperate if there chasing me for money i never gave the info its not my fault it lost

report the pm and be done with it

ill get that grand off ya another time thou lol

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement