Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football Tips Thread v3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭rossit

stingerro wrote: »
    Went for Chinese Taipei women to defend -6 European Handicap against China. 2.25@Nordicbet, limit=20 euro ;)

going to go the other way for a bit of fun love womens soccer for goals

• Registered Users Posts: 32 GiroudSomeMawn

A small profit from my Real DNB and Ajax BTTS call yesterday, paying 8/15. A very dubious pen but Mourinhos troops should have killed the game by then. Benzema scoring as expected but kept my money in the pocket on that.

Moving on to the EL, although both are qualified, I expect Metallist to beat Bayer 04 6/5. Metallist drew away with the Germans, are in excellent form of late, and love this comp, as seen by their unlucky exit to sporting last year in the 1/4s.

Hyypia has said "we will play a different side to usual" translated as no kiessling, schurrle, and more importantly defensive changes, as theyve been solid at the back to date. Jonny cristaldo to take advantage of a patchwork defence and notch.

With Kiev in decline, dnipro (btts v psv tonight) and Metallist are the coming forces of Ukraine football so they are, both on the field and financially. Expect metallist to show their quality, to bankroll the late KOs. They may well field an all south American XI once again, and seeing them in action is recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭BBoyle88

Decent research there i must say GioudSomeMawn.

However, i wouldnt underestimate the germans, all of the bundesliga teams have been brilliant on the road this year in all competitions and are a proud old nation. I always think that besides the french, most teams who travel do give it a go unless it is a complete farce of a game.

I reckon both teams would take the draw if offered.

But the eastern european teams have been extremely good at home in the last 5 years in this comp.

il be leaving this one ouh but good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

BBoyle88 wrote: »
    I always think that besides the french, most teams who travel do give it a go unless it is a complete farce of a game.

:confused: Since when are French teams known for being **** away from home?

Besides PSG in a rediculously easy group this year, French teams have been pathetic away from home in Europe.

Marseille, last 6 away games in EL, 2 wins
    Lille, last 7 away games in CL 2 wins, 4 defeats
    Montpellier lost 2 of their 3 away games this year.

The french league is improving though with teams like Valenciennes becoming a force which is nice to see

• Advertisement

This is silly.

Im just here to talk soccer and betting, ye can see from my posts that i know my soccer and betting:

Tipped yesterday: Milan DNB, El Shaarawy to score, BTTS in Dortmund, under 2.5 in Kiev.

why would i waste time posting as somebody else?

Went for Chinese Taipei women to defend -6 European Handicap against China. 2.25@Nordicbet, limit=20 euro ;)

looking good for ya 0-0 halftime

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Going for a double of Anzhi and Basel, both teams at home and require a win. Prices are 4/6 and EVENS.

Also going with a single on Metalist @ 11/10

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Avfctom

God turning into a playground pathetic moving on looking at villa v arsenal i might be a villafan but i can see us getting something here arsenal never impressed me last night and 5-2 against spurs the red card played a big part in the game and papered over the cracks i dont think they are an amazing side there defence looks weak to me and with the form christian benteke is in i can see him bullying arsenals decence the same way drogba used to so therefore im going to do the unthinkable and back villa bets i am looking at is

Christian benteke first goal scorer 7/1
    Christian benteke anytime goal scorer 2/1
    Aston villa or draw 23/20
    Aston villa to win 4/1
    And if i am left heart broken like i was against man united im going to also back arsenal to come from behind and win 13/2

Wont. Be having big stakes on this game just think villa could spring an upset if we play like we did against united at home city away in the cup we looked a solid side

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭stingerro

rossit wrote: »
    looking good for ya 0-0 halftime
    Men, don't jinx it please. Especially during games in Asia :).

• Advertisement

i have a few yo yo on 6 or over ,id rather be in your shoes now. good luck to ya bud

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭stingerro

China - China Taipei (+6 EH) 2:0 FT, easy money, maybe my only bet today :cash:

• Registered Users Posts: 32 GiroudSomeMawn

Dnipro PSV BTTS @ 1.62.

Dutch followers will know all about PSVs scoring record which merits no further comment, other than noting they've scored in every home game since Jan, av 3.3 in their last 8 at Phillips.

Dnipro win the return fixture well, and although defending naively, have scored 7 away in Europe so far this year, and Id put Napoli down as being a better side and more resilient at the back than a gung ho PSV. Dnipro scored 2 against cavani + 10 last time.

This is a 1/2 shot for me, anything more is a bonus. I'll hang my hat on this call.

Giroud

Looking ahead to the weekend, one price which has stood out is Fiorentina 7/5 away to Torino.

Fiorentina are the form team in Italy with 5 straight wins, beating milan 3-1 in their last away outing.

Torino have had 3 defeats and a draw in their last 5 home games and Inter and the only Big Gun they have played in these 5.

Torino seem well organised and have got good results themselves away, draws v Napoli and Lazio.

one to look into...

over 2.5 and BTTS are the same odds with PP in the PSV game, which would be the better choice?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭jezztips

Europa league tricky to pick winners especially away but reports coming from PSV give us good reasoning to back against them. The manager has already come out this week stating this year the league is much more important that the Europa League and is believed to be resting Willems, Narsingh, Strootman, and Van Bommel. PSV sit top of the Dutch Eredivisie but only by 3 points and have horrid fixtures coming up - Vitesse Arnhem – Ajax and Twente Enschede are the next 3 and also the 3 main teams competing for the league. So we can see why the boss is resting players for tonights fixture. Its 5 years since PSV won the league and only the top 2 make the champions league in holland, something PSV have failed to do in that time. Champions League next season is a minimum requirement for them.

Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk on the other hand are flying in this years Europa League and really making a go of it, At home they beat a full PSV team 2-0 and also beat a good Napoli side 3-1, their 2 away fixtures in europe this season seen them beat Aik 3-1 and lose 4-2 in Italy to Napoli (a result no one expected them to win). Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk currently sit second in the Ukrainian league behind Shakhtar Donetsk and dont play in the league until Monday against league flops Metalurg Zaporizhya who currently sit bottom of the league losing 13 of their opening 16 and drawing the remaining 3, so the boss wont be worrying about resting any players.

straight Dnipro win looks good, is great odds at 7/2 and not a bad bet by any means. Draw no bet can also be got at 9/4 another good bet. Im gonna go with Double Chance at great odds of 11/10 to guarantee a return if the can only manage a draw. I feel this is a great bet and Double chance at Evens is brilliant odds considering Dnipro’s form so far in this years Europa League.

Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk Double chance 11/10

Agree Jezztips.

Like if AIK (4th in the Swedish League) got 4 pts off PSV, then its clear PSV's focus is on domestic matters.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

inforfun wrote: »
    Early one for thursday.

Lay PSV against Dnipr

PSV's next 3 matches in the league are against Vitesse, Ajax and FC Twente and they will take no risks.

Never mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Never mind.

What's changed?

Nothing.

It is just that tips are being posted that were mentioned 3 days ago already.

"never mind" was maybe not the best thing to add o that post :D

PSV will not field a strong team. No worries there.
    Van Bommel, Strootman,Narsingh will not play.

All other Dutch clubs are pretty annoyed with PSV for not even trying in the EL this year.
    Might bite them in the ass in the league at 1 point, maybe even on Sunday already against Vitesse who have won all their away matches so far this season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

What's changed?

i dont think anything

inforfun your post hasnt went unnoticed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ForeverYoung90

Anyone with any insight for the lazio v spurs game tonight?

RP tipping under 2.5 here, Cant see it being a goalfest thats for sure, spurs drew their last 2 away games 1-1 and the previous game between these 2 have been 0-0.

Lazio are decent at home, 5 wins in their last 6.

il be avoiding this one i reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Any more team news? Doesn't seem to be much around.

Kolse and Konko out for Lazio

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭jezztips

Nothing.

It is just that tips are being posted that were mentioned 3 days ago already.

"never mind" was maybe not the best thing to add o that post :D

PSV will not field a strong team. No worries there.
    Van Bommel, Strootman,Narsingh will not play.

All other Dutch clubs are pretty annoyed with PSV for not even trying in the EL this year.
    Might bite them in the ass in the league at 1 point, maybe even on Sunday already against Vitesse who have won all their away matches so far this season.

You fancy Straight win tonight or double chance to be safe?

jezztips wrote: »
    You fancy Straight win tonight or double chance to be safe?
    DC.
    Dnipr just needs 1 point to be sure of qualification.
    Any more team news? Doesn't seem to be much around.

Not much on Hannover - Twente.
    But Hannover will rest some players since they already qualified.
    Twente will miss their best player, Chadli, due to injury. read nothing about them resting more players or really going for it.
    last year Shteve threw away the EL in the quarters against Shalke because he had to play Feyenoord 3 days later. Which they also lost.

Dont trust him to get a proper team out that really goes for it.

Dont think we ll see any Dutch teams back in Europe after the winter break.

Surely Dnipro wont go all-out for the win and would gladly take the draw? Dnipro +1 for me

nothing is really tempting me tonight so its gonna be a night for a cuppa tay and livescore/fotmob(highly recommended app to anybody who doesnt have it already).

MD6 of the champions league will be the same i reckon, mostly dead rubber games. sake

• Advertisement

RP tipping Udinese tonight 5/1

Bold call

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement