Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football Tips Thread v3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭ConorCBS

Headshot wrote: »
    I see pool not playing suarez. No bet for me on that match then

Liverpool are also playing with no recognised strikers... And Joe Cole, so effectively they are playing with 10 men.

At least Assaidi is starting.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

risenbass wrote: »
    Dnipro are 9/5 to score two or more goals on PP. They have managed at least two in every Europa match this year. Considering PSV might have a dodgy defence, it could be an alright bet?

Dnipro is fine with 0-0. That is your problem with that bet.
    They are good on the counter though and PSV will have difficulties with that with this line up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Gone for Newcastle -1 and Liverpool HT/FT, pays just over 4/1. Think it's a good bet as Newcastle players will have gotten a kick up the hole after recent league performance, think they will do well tonight. Cisse and Ben Arfa both starting means business, expect this to be 3-0, 3-1. Last fixture with Liverpool and Young Boys there were lots of goals, I expect something similar this time except Liverpool to take lead, possibly 2-0 before HT and go on to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭risenbass

inforfun wrote: »
    Dnipro is fine with 0-0. That is your problem with that bet.
    They are good on the counter though and PSV will have difficulties with that with this line up.

Yeah good point, its probably safer to stick with DC

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Like the look of Bobadilla anytime at 2/1. He scored a hat trick in the last round and Liverpool have been shipping goals in this competition

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭ConorCBS

Athletic Bilbao match postponed.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Whoever it was who mentioned Mentalist. Muchas gracias.

FT: 2-0

Strong team for Napoli

Cavani hat trick @11
    Vargas hat trick @67 (he scored 3 against AIK at home)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Hannover wer poor

PSV v Dnipro
    Over 11 corners 21/20

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

Liverpool @ (-3) corners @ evens looks generous

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Cavani 2 or More @ 4/1, just a wee bet on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Basel home to Sporting Lisbon tommorow 11/10. Basel in 3rd behind Videoton but a win would put them on 8 points in top 2 with there last game away to top of the group Genk, they really need a win here. It could be a scenario like Chelseas group where if Basel win and Genk draw or win tmoro, a draw would put both Genk and Basel through in the last game.

Sporting have been terrible so far this season particularly away from home.

The Swizz sides tend to take the Europa serious. Have they lost any key players (bar Shaqiri) since last season when they qualified out of the group in the champ league and beat United??

Them and Rubin Kazan look good for tommorow.

Went for them both in the end. Lowish stakes but profit nonetheless.
    Now for Napoli to top good day off!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 GiroudSomeMawn

A small profit from my Real DNB and Ajax BTTS call yesterday, paying 8/15. A very dubious pen but Mourinhos troops should have killed the game by then. Benzema scoring as expected but kept my money in the pocket on that.

Moving on to the EL, although both are qualified, I expect Metallist to beat Bayer 04 6/5. Metallist drew away with the Germans, are in excellent form of late, and love this comp, as seen by their unlucky exit to sporting last year in the 1/4s.

Hyypia has said "we will play a different side to usual" translated as no kiessling, schurrle, and more importantly defensive changes, as theyve been solid at the back to date. Jonny cristaldo to take advantage of a patchwork defence and notch.

With Kiev in decline, dnipro (btts v psv tonight) and Metallist are the coming forces of Ukraine football so they are, both on the field and financially. Expect metallist to show their quality, to bankroll the late KOs. They may well field an all south American XI once again, and seeing them in action is recommended.

Get in son. Hope some of you lads got on this, my team post at 5pm made me go back in for seconds. 2 for 2 on this so far. Keep a note of these boys in the KO stage. #COYBIY

• Registered Users Posts: 32 GiroudSomeMawn

Dnipro PSV BTTS @ 1.62.

Dutch followers will know all about PSVs scoring record which merits no further comment, other than noting they've scored in every home game since Jan, av 3.3 in their last 8 at Phillips.

Dnipro win the return fixture well, and although defending naively, have scored 7 away in Europe so far this year, and Id put Napoli down as being a better side and more resilient at the back than a gung ho PSV. Dnipro scored 2 against cavani + 10 last time.

This is a 1/2 shot for me, anything more is a bonus. I'll hang my hat on this call.

Giroud

3 for 3. Happy face. all the best now to the backers of Dnipro on here.

magherakid wrote: »
    Hannover wer poor

PSV v Dnipro
    Over 11 corners 21/20

corners in boom :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭stingerro

stingerro wrote: »
    Double for me: Metalist to win and Dnipro double chance (odds around 4.30). Vamos!!!
    Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice :D

Dniepro's match is still on, but I covered myself after they took 2:1 lead.

Inforfun - thanks for all infos you provided for this bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Newcastle you shower of *****, forgot they can't score to save their ****ing lives. Sick of this ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

Radonman wrote: »
    Liverpool @ (-3) corners @ evens looks generous

It was :D 13-4 to liverpool:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭rossit

nice one guys thanks for the meatalist dnoipe info really great well done to all

U Catolica - Sao Paulo

Taking SP win @2.2

Not much reasoning apart from SP winning in Chile against U de Chile a couple of weeks ago who i rate much higher than Catolica.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

U Catolica - Sao Paulo

Taking SP win @2.2

Not much reasoning apart from SP winning in Chile against U de Chile a couple of weeks ago who i rate much higher than Catolica.

Infor I've taken Uni C, on the basis they've played 17 matches @ home in Copa Sud with a record of 12-1-4. Bore draw away to SP earlier - 4/6 DC and 5/2 was good value to me anyways

Will agree with ya that U de Chile are a stronger team than Catolica

DoctaDee wrote: »
    Infor I've taken Uni C, on the basis they've played 17 matches @ home in Copa Sud with a record of 12-1-4. Bore draw away to SP earlier - 4/6 DC and 5/2 was good value to me anyways

Will agree with ya that U de Chile are a stronger team than Catolica

This is the 1st leg.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

This is the 1st leg.

Fackit :o ... dunno what I was looking at .. jaysis thats bad... Ta... lMAO

Ahaa .. Soccerway match header .. "On Aggregate 0-0" ... still wrong but slightly redeemed myself !

Shane St. wrote: »
    Like the look of Bobadilla anytime at 2/1. He scored a hat trick in the last round and Liverpool have been shipping goals in this competition
    :D:D

Man Utd v QPR
    Utd will look to bounce back from the disappointing defeat to Norwich last weekend. They have bounced back from their previous two league defeats with wins and I expect them to do it again this weekend although the 1/6 on offer for the Utd win does not appeal. QPR are in disarray and I think manager Mark Hughes is on borrowed time. They lost to Southampton at home last week without much fight and as we all know they are still the only team in the division without a win in the league. They have only one point on the road this season, a run which has seen 5 consecutive defeats!
    I think Utd will win this game convincingly and I like the look of Man Utd (-2) at 13/10.
    I'm also backing Robin Van Persie to get back among the goals having gone two league games without a goal and the 21/10 for him to score two or more looks a good price for the prolific Dutchman.

Aston Villa v Arsenal
    After taking such a heavy defeat last week against Man City (5-0) Villa will no doubt have been working all week on defending and keeping it tight. I can see this game being low on goals and like the look of under 2.5 goals at 6/5. This bet has collected in 8 of Villa's 11 league games and 3 of their 5 home games. While Arsenal have indeed scored 8 goals in their last two games (one of which was against a Spurs team that completely lost organisation when Adebayor got sent off) they haven't been as prolific away from the Emirates. They've managed 7 goals in their 6 away games as opposed to 16 at the Emirates.
    I also like the look of Olivier Giroud anytime at 5/4. After enduring a difficult start to his Arsenal career he looks to be coming good now with 4 goals in his last four games.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭warder6161

anyone have info on the mexican playoffs,waitin on deportivo toluca to win a 5 game accum...didnt really study it just took a chance :o

• Registered Users Posts: 16,759 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Dave147 wrote: »
    Newcastle you shower of *****, forgot they can't score to save their ****ing lives. Sick of this ****.

All this failure makes Southampton look a good bet the weekend at 7/5 or so......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

warder6161 wrote: »
    anyone have info on the mexican playoffs,waitin on deportivo toluca to win a 5 game accum...didnt really study it just took a chance :o

the millionaires could have been one up there

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭warder6161

the millionaires could have been one up there

they are playing americade mexico thought p/p were streaming it live

• Advertisement

Sunderland v West Brom
    West Brom DNB 11/10
    West Brom have won four and lost none of the last five Premier League matches against Sunderland

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement