Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football Tips Thread v3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

He's not going to Australia[/Q how do u know?hes been offered 2million to play over there,weather is good which suits him down to the ground,there's just as much a chance he'll go to Australia as he will qpr

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

BBoyle88 wrote: »
    What do you think of Lyon draw no bet this weekend lasagna?? They seem to be building a bit of momentum but their away form is poor.

Toulouse have won their last 2 home fixtures against Lyon so I wouldn't touch Lyon personally, plus Toulouse will surely want to put an end to their losing run. Also, Lisandro is doubtful for Lyon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

FatRat wrote: »
    Novara vs Livorno

Novara have lost their last four and haven't won a game in 7 games. Livorno have won their last 4/5 games. Livorno have only lost 1 away game all season and Novara have only won 2 home games all season. This is from around 15 games.

Going for Livorno at 29/20! Would place a DNB but I'm confident in a win.

I hope somebody bet on this because of my post, I want to feel like I won somebody money. :pac:

seanhynes wrote: »
    If PSG have Ibra suspended I wouldn't back that,conceding a lot of goals in Ligue 1 recently aswell.. Hard get a win in that lge never mind a team to keep a clean sheet.. I reckon that Beckham bet is **** too. He hasn't got the fitness to last in an intense premier lge game anymore,plus all the publicity from him joining wouldnt be great for the teams league survival..read in the papers here that he's supposed to be signing for Sydney fc sources here are saying its not far from a done deal

Ibra is back from suspension, he will play tomorrow. Yes they conceded 4 against St Etienne and Rennes but those are much stronger teams than Troyes, before those 4 goals they had conceded very few goals.
    The only player who could score for Troyes imo is Bahebeck, he's a former PSG player and former PSG players always score against PSG for some reason.
    edit: He's @ 8.50 to score anytime, but still I'd be really surprised if Troyes scored, they're awful.

Ibra is back from suspension, he will play tomorrow. Yes they conceded 4 against St Etienne and Rennes but those are much stronger teams than Troyes, before those 4 goals they had conceded very few goals.
    The only player who could score for Troyes imo is Bahebeck, he's a former PSG player and former PSG players always score against PSG for some reason.

Il be backing an Ibra brace so if the price is right.. Can't take them win to nils unless it's holland v San Marino or Andorra v Germany etc.. Club football games are v tough to win on them

• Advertisement

Il be backing an Ibra brace so if the price is right.. Can't take them win to nils unless it's holland v San Marino or Andorra v Germany etc.. Club football games are v tough to win on them

2.80 on Bwin, I'm really not sure there'll be lots of goals in this game, if PSG score early it could finish 4-0 but if they don't it could very well end 1-0 imo, good luck anyway :)

2.80 on Bwin, I'm really not sure there'll be lots of goals in this game, if PSG score early it could finish 4-0 but if they don't it could very well end 1-0 imo, good luck anyway :)

Rvp will score a brace I think aswell,qpr the right team he'd want to be facing at home, he hasn't scored in his past two matches for utd,he hasn't gone on a three game scoreless streak with utd yet... Someone said fiorentina win aswell, looks the nicest bet in serie a this weekend

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Looking at Bas Dost any time GS tomorrow Wolfsburg - Bremen.
    He has scored 5 goals in the last 5 matches (since Magath got sacked)
    Dost @2.62

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭BBoyle88

Rvp will score a brace I think aswell,qpr the right team he'd want to be facing at home, he hasn't scored in his past two matches for utd,he hasn't gone on a three game scoreless streak with utd yet... Someone said fiorentina win aswell, looks the nicest bet in serie a this weekend

Yeah I mentioned fiorentina, they're on fire. Torino are a dogged bunch, 1st goal in this one will be crucial. I've watched fiorentina 3 times this season, they gave juve a right game, finished 0-0 but they were miles the better team, they totally dominated genoa and Milan away recently, been very impressed by them, 1 of the very few teams with a bit of pace in Italy, juve being another.

Not one for a big stake though.

Told by an Italian friend who is an inter supporter to back juve to beat Milan at the San Siro also. Said Milan will be knackered after a tough game v anderlecht, their squad is too small while juve have a very good 15/16 players and will be all out for a win here.

Rest of serie a is bleak and la liga is also an unattractive proposition this weekend IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

QPR to Score a Goal @ 1.72 seems too big to pass up in my opinion

QPR have scored in 4 of their 6 away games this season (that includes the likes of City, Spurs ans Arsenal)
    United have conceded in 4 out of their 5 Home games (even letting 2 in against Stoke)

Even not looking at stats, it is obvious they always seem to get a sneaky goal - even against bigger teams

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭rossit

looking at arsenal to turn over villa ,villa are just not clicking and fall apart when the pressure comes on,sorry tom. 8/11
    middlesboro 8/15
    man united -1 8/15
    dunfermline -1 4/6
    acc around 6/1 good luck all

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭IrishWelshCelt

He's not going to Australia

I know an employee of Perth Glory and there is a good possibility. He told me that its known within the club that a £1mil 8 game contract has been offered.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Be a nice holiday I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 54,288 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Gamba could be worth adding to an accum

Its a must must win for them and they are up against a team which has nothing to play for

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

tinodz wrote: »

QPR have scored in 4 of their 6 away games this season (that includes the likes of City, Spurs ans Arsenal)
    United have conceded in 4 out of their 5 Home games (even letting 2 in against Stoke)

Even not looking at stats, it is obvious they always seem to get a sneaky goal - even against bigger teams

Are you not better off taking BTTS @1.9 then?

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭modo85

tinodz wrote: »

Qpr didn't score at the emirates

Wolfsburg at home to weder bremen 10/11 is good value considering the run they are on since magath was sacked, they have 9 points from 12 whereas weders away record reads 1-1-4.. I can't find a price but I like the look of naldo wincast he up against his old club and after the cracking free kick he scored last week he will be on a high

Martin o Neill has changed his tactics since everyone was on his back about his negative tactics so he has gone more attacking since they went to Everton on were beaten 2-1, they were attacking well up until they got there goal creating great chances then decided to play counter attacking, the game against Fulham they could have scored 5 but got 3 so I feel they will score today.. west brom have scored in all there games this league and cup games this season bar 1 and with attackers like long, lukaku,odemwinge. And fortune they should score

Morale of the story btts is a great bet

• Registered Users Posts: 23,858 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

went for this treble at around 9.5/1 (365)

stoke/fulham under 2.5 3/4 all of stokes home games have had less than 3
    swans dnb 11/8 tempted by the win but after a hard game in
    europe with a strong team out, there has to be value in this
    fiorentina 13/10 on a great run and have won 5 in a row, torino have only
    won 2 from 6 at home and have lost 2 of their last 3 at home

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

Coventry V Portsmouth
    Over 2.5 @ 5/6 Ladbrooks
    - Coventry are in fine form only loosing 1 in the last 5 and have been over in 4/5, against Portsmouth who have some excellent attacks in Izale McLeod, Paul Benson and Jervis, but the main reason for the overs in that they have lost several defenders (starting left back) and have a new goalkeeper signed this week, I will probably bet on Coventry to win too @ 4/5 but i'm sure Pompy can score so overs may be a safer bet
    A small double on the next bet
    Hoffenheim v Leverkusen (sunday) - overs @ 4/6 PP - Hoff last 4/5 home overs and Lever last 5/5 away overs
    Hull v Burnley - overs @ 8/13 PP - Hull last 4/5 home overs and Burnley last 5/5 away overs

Also a seperate punt on Hoff/Lever game over 3.5 goals @ 6/4 - last 4/5 games at home for Hoff have gone over 3.5 goals

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭tip74

Injuries and suspensions:
    Everton FC v Norwich City
    Everton FC: Anichebe (6/2 f), Fellaini (11/6 m), Gibson (3/0 m), Hibbert (3/0 d), Neville (11/0 m), Mirallas (10/1 f) (doubtful)
    Norwich City: Martin (9/0 d), Ruddy (12/0 g), Turner (8/1 d) (all doubtful), Kane (1/0 f)
    pick X2

NEC Nijmegen v FC Utrecht
    NEC Nijmegen: van den Meiracker (1/0 f), Sno (7/2 m), Conboy (9/0 d), Cmovs (11/1 d), Amieux (5/0 d), Koolwijk (13/4 m), Palsson (8/1 m), Loen (0/0 m)
    FC Utrecht: van der Gun (11/2 f), Duplan (6/1 f), Nilsson (3/0 d)
    pick 2

Hércules CF v Sporting Gijón
    Hércules CF: Sergio Alejandro (0/0 d), Pepe Mora (12/0 d), Arbilla (13/0 d), Braulio (4/1 f), Gilvan (14/2 m)
    Sporting Gijón: Carmelo (4/0 m)
    pick 2

Alemannia Aachen v VfL Osnabrück
    Alemannia Aachen: Krumpen (11/0 g), Erb (10/0 d), Stehle (10/0 d), Demai (2/0 m), Rösler (7/1 f), Pozder (9/4 f)
    VfL Osnabrück: Bouma (3/0 m), Thomik (5/1 m), Hansen (0/0 m), Porcello (0/0 m)
    pick 2

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Wigan v Reading
    Reading 16/5
    Odds look juicy on Reading with Wigan having alot of injuries Ben Waston, Gary Caldwell, Antolin Alcaraz, Albert Crusat and James McArthur are all out with Franco Di Santo, Ryo Miyaichi doubtful.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,805 ✭✭✭thomasj

I have two accumulations for the weekend:

Accum 1:
    Everton
    Arsenal
    Man united all to win today
    Newcastle to beat Southampton
    Man city to beat chelsea
    And juve to beat ac Milan tomorrow

€20 stake returns just over 1000

Accum 2:
    Charlton
    Crawley town
    Southend
    Dortmund
    And Ireland -5 to beat Argentina in rugby

€25 stake returns just over 800

I'm not us usually this brave but a win during the week has prompted me to take a risk. Who knows?

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

modo85 wrote: »
    Wolfsburg at home to weder bremen 10/11 is good value considering the run they are on since magath was sacked, they have 9 points from 12 whereas weders away record reads 1-1-4.. I can't find a price but I like the look of naldo wincast he up against his old club and after the cracking free kick he scored last week he will be on a high

Guessing that's DNB? I placed my bet a couple of hours ago and they were 5/4, still 5/4 generally for the straight win.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Going to go for Stoke @ 6/5, Fulham missing a few players again and after a bad result last weekend Stoke will be a hard place to go.

Will also have something on Walters 1st goalscorer @ 6/1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Big lay of Wigan at 1/1. Its 16th v 17th and Wigan are missing players. Reading coming off a win to Everton, Wigan coming off a hammering to Liverpool, no brainer lay for me here!

magherakid wrote: »
    Sunderland v West Brom
    West Brom DNB 11/10
    West Brom have won four and lost none of the last five Premier League matches against Sunderland

nice start to the day boom :D

Man Utd v QPR
    Welback anytime 2/1 Betfair odds on else where

• Registered Users Posts: 54,288 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Bet365 down?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭ConorCBS

Headshot wrote: »
    Bet365 down?

Yup.

"Service Unavailable."