Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football Tips Thread v3

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

What bookie?

Dial A Bet, Paddypower

• Registered Users Posts: 6,009 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Dial A Bet, Paddypower

Just rang and they offered me 9/2, Wankers.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

baraca wrote: »
    Just rang and they offered me 9/2, Wankers.

Jeez. Me and another poster here got 14/1 around 20 mins ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

BetVictor, some jokers. Tried to place a treble but their website is so f****d up when it comes to adding selections from different tabs it only came out as a double. I've had problems with this before but always double check it and I know for a fact it was labelled as a treble in the window I was using when I placed the bet. Contacted livechat and this is what I got

21:34:07 : Thomas - Contact Centre: Hello Sir, you're speaking to Thomas how may I help?

21:35:14 : Me: Hi, I just placed a 10 euro bet for what was supposed to be a treble of Inter, Juventus and AC Milan but when I looked at it it was only placed as a double? Could you change it to the treble it should be?

21:37:27 : Thomas - Contact Centre: sorry to keep you

21:37:54 : Me: No problem

21:38:07 : Thomas - Contact Centre: Sadly I can not do this

21:38:50 : Me: What? Why? Sure the games aren't on for ages and the only reason this happened was because your website is so buggy when it comes to adding selections

21:39:57 : Thomas - Contact Centre: you placed and confirmed the bet

21:40:02 : Thomas - Contact Centre: Sadly it will stand

21:40:58 : Me: Yeah but how come it's a double and not a treble? All i want to do is add another team? And when I confirmed the bet it was as a treble?

21:41:57 : Thomas - Contact Centre: I have checked our system and you did confirm the double, if you wish to do a treble im afraid you will need to place this bet on the website

21:43:25 : Me: This is some laugh. Your website is a joke when it comes to adding selections when there's more than 1 window open. Can't believe you're not gonna change this, bull****ting me, I know what bet I placed, disgraceful

21:44:12 : Thomas - Contact Centre: I am not here to be swore at sir, If you continue I will terminate the chat

21:44:32 : Thomas - Contact Centre: The bet will not be voided it will stand, you did confirm this and it has been placed for a while now

21:45:24 : Me: Well you're not very helpful... Placed for a while?? Are you joking??? Explain to me how it has been placed for a while? I just placed it about 10 minutes ago?

21:46:17 : Thomas - Contact Centre: It has been placed for 20 minutes, I do apologise that is irregardless to this matter, you have confirmed the bet im afraid it shall not be over ruled

21:46:32 : Me: Jokers

Can't believe they wouldn't change it to the treble? Been betting with them for a long time now and they usually have favourable odds in comparison to PP etc. and I've also found their livechat to be helpful any time I have encountered an issue but to me this is just unreal. They've nothing to lose by allowing me to change it to a treble and it's just poor customer care. Rant over!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Avfctom

BetVictor, some jokers. Tried to place a treble but their website is so f****d up when it comes to adding selections from different tabs it only came out as a double. I've had problems with this before but always double check it and I know for a fact it was labelled as a treble in the window I was using when I placed the bet. Contacted livechat and this is what I got

21:34:07 : Thomas - Contact Centre: Hello Sir, you're speaking to Thomas how may I help?

21:35:14 : Me: Hi, I just placed a 10 euro bet for what was supposed to be a treble of Inter, Juventus and AC Milan but when I looked at it it was only placed as a double? Could you change it to the treble it should be?

21:37:27 : Thomas - Contact Centre: sorry to keep you

21:37:54 : Me: No problem

21:38:07 : Thomas - Contact Centre: Sadly I can not do this

21:38:50 : Me: What? Why? Sure the games aren't on for ages and the only reason this happened was because your website is so buggy when it comes to adding selections

21:39:57 : Thomas - Contact Centre: you placed and confirmed the bet

21:40:02 : Thomas - Contact Centre: Sadly it will stand

21:40:58 : Me: Yeah but how come it's a double and not a treble? All i want to do is add another team? And when I confirmed the bet it was as a treble?

21:41:57 : Thomas - Contact Centre: I have checked our system and you did confirm the double, if you wish to do a treble im afraid you will need to place this bet on the website

21:43:25 : Me: This is some laugh. Your website is a joke when it comes to adding selections when there's more than 1 window open. Can't believe you're not gonna change this, bull****ting me, I know what bet I placed, disgraceful

21:44:12 : Thomas - Contact Centre: I am not here to be swore at sir, If you continue I will terminate the chat

21:44:32 : Thomas - Contact Centre: The bet will not be voided it will stand, you did confirm this and it has been placed for a while now

21:45:24 : Me: Well you're not very helpful... Placed for a while?? Are you joking??? Explain to me how it has been placed for a while? I just placed it about 10 minutes ago?

21:46:17 : Thomas - Contact Centre: It has been placed for 20 minutes, I do apologise that is irregardless to this matter, you have confirmed the bet im afraid it shall not be over ruled

21:46:32 : Me: Jokers

Can't believe they wouldn't change it to the treble? Been betting with them for a long time now and they usually have favourable odds in comparison to PP etc. and I've also found their livechat to be helpful any time I have encountered an issue but to me this is just unreal. They've nothing to lose by allowing me to change it to a treble and it's just poor customer care. Rant over!
    U wanted to back inter ac milan and juventus in a treble ac milan and juventus are playing each other

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,858 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

LMAO :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Stuck Cone

Ah lad, too many smithwichs :D

Madrid a big let down tonight, shame i had BTTS, just needed them to get one out of somewhere, they couldnt have scored in a barrel of fannies tonight!

Tommorow looking at

Liverpool to win
    Chelsea to win
    4/1 double

Suarez and michu to score anytime double 6/1

Liverpool -1 corner is 10/11 from what i see they dominate the corner count might go big on this

Looking at booking market anytime player booking why is every single player for swansea priced up at 9/5 i am fancying ashley williams after his comments about suarez can see him tormenting him

• Advertisement

Avfctom wrote: »
    U wanted to back inter ac milan and juventus in a treble ac milan and juventus are playing each other

The bet isn't for this weekend smartarse. It's for next weekend's fixtures. Betvictor always have the following week up too. Inter vs Palermo (Miccoli suspended) , Juve vs Torino and Catania vs Milan.

Hence me saying ''The games aren't for ages''. You seriously think I'd have put so much time into researching the bet and not have known one of the biggest game's of the serie a calendar is tomorrow night?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,882 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

The bet isn't for this weekend smartarse. It's for next weekend's fixtures. Betvictor always have the following week up too. Inter vs Palermo (Miccoli suspended) , Juve vs Torino and Catania vs Milan.

Hence me saying ''The games aren't for ages''. You seriously think I'd have put so much time into researching the bet and not have known one of the biggest game's of the serie a calendar is tomorrow night?

It was a perfectly logical comment - hardly being a smartarse.

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    It was a perfectly logical comment - hardly being a smartarse.

It is being a smartarse because he was trying to make me look foolish. :rolleyes: And it makes no sense, sure how would I have placed the double without knowing who the teams were playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭shamrock55

liverpool -1 corner count does loo good they always rack up a good number of corners dont score many from them mind:D

It is being a smartarse because he was trying to make me look foolish. :rolleyes: And it makes no sense, sure how would I have placed the double without knowing who the teams were playing.

No i wasunt trying to make u look a fool i was stating a fact at no point did u say the bet was for next weekend god someones had a bad weekend on the defense straight away

No i wasunt trying to make u look a fool i was stating a fact at no point did u say the bet was for next weekend god someones had a bad weekend on the defense straight away

In fairness it was pretty obvious from my post that the bet couldn't have involved the Milan Juventus game as firstly I said it wasn't for ages and secondly it wouldn't have been possible to place the double to begin with. You were just trying to be clever :P

Anyway, Inter @ 1/2 against Palermo looks good value with Miccoli out. They're shocking on the road and without their main man I don't see them having a hope in hell in this game.

In fairness it was pretty obvious from my post that the bet couldn't have involved the Milan Juventus game as firstly I said it wasn't for ages and secondly it wouldn't have been possible to place the double to begin with. You were just trying to be clever :P

Anyway, Inter @ 1/2 against Palermo looks good value with Miccoli out. They're shocking on the road and without their main man I don't see them having a hope in hell in this game.

Not trying to be clever at all just think u should state when the game is this is a betting tips forum why show games for next weekend when this one hasunt even finished and inter at 1/2 is unbackable for me italian league is dodgy at the best of times and inter are far far too inconsistent

Not trying to be clever at all just think u should state when the game is this is a betting tips forum why show games for next weekend when this one hasunt even finished and inter at 1/2 is unbackable for me italian league is dodgy at the best of times and inter are far far too inconsistent

Well if I was tipping the games I would've but who they were playing was besides the points really. It was more Betvictor's customer care that was the issue. Serie A is where I place the majority of my bets and it is no more dodgy than the Premiership or La Liga. Just because the top teams don't always win doesn't make a league dodgy to bet on. Look at United vs Norwich, or Real Betis vs Madrid. It's all about value. And believe me, Inter @ 1/2 in this game has value

Well if I was tipping the games I would've but who they were playing was besides the points really. It was more Betvictor's customer care that was the issue. Serie A is where I place the majority of my bets and it is no more dodgy than the Premiership or La Liga. Just because the top teams don't always win doesn't make a league dodgy to bet on. Look at United vs Norwich, or Real Betis vs Madrid. It's all about value. And believe me, Inter @ 1/2 in this game has value

Hmmmm i think u will find italian football is corrupt i dont see manchester united winning the league then being relegated for match fixing like juventus i wont and never will trust italian football if such a huge club like juventus can do it any club can

So u came on a TIPS forum to complain about customer care not to provide a tip which is what this forum is for

• Advertisement

Hmmmm i think u will find italian football is corrupt i dont see manchester united winning the league then being relegated for match fixing like juventus i wont and never will trust italian football if such a huge club like juventus can do it any club can

How is that relevant to this bet? :confused: ..

That last bit is gold. Do Manchester United not come under the category of ''any club'' ? Sure boxing and horse racing are totally corrupt too. Doesn't stop millions betting on them.

You just can't use the above logic to try and reason that the bet is bad value. :rolleyes:

So u came on a TIPS forum to complain about customer care not to provide a tip which is what this forum is for

Yeah well it's a football gambling forum as well in fairness and plenty use it to complain about issues like this, it is relevant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭clickerquicklic

I only start reading this forum a few weeks ago , why do people argue over everything ? There has been some great tips posted that i've backed myself , like someone today had 2nd half highest scoring in united game (shane St?? ) anyway I have to wade through **** conversations to read these tips , can there not be a general **** chat thread where these people can go?

There is some great tippers here , maybe ive come along when people are hitting a purple patch but keep up the good work lads , starting to trust a few lads selections and following in so thanks.

My bad, didn't mean to get into a full blown conversation. We are discussing a tip as well though so it's not complete nonsense

My bad, didn't mean to get into a full blown conversation. We are discussing a tip as well though so it's not complete nonsense

Tbf he is right we are discussing a tip not arguing just think he toke my comment the wrong way

Personally i used to bet on Italian football but find in the long run its a no go all football is unpredictable and that's why we love it but italian football just takes the biscuit for me la liga is the best lesgue to make money on premier league is becoming more and more of a level playing field and a minefield for betting any team can spring a surprise nowhere days

Tbf he is right we are discussing a tip not arguing just think he toke my comment the wrong way

Personally i used to bet on Italian football but find in the long run its a no go all football is unpredictable and that's why we love it but italian football just takes the biscuit for me la liga is the best lesgue to make money on premier league is becoming more and more of a level playing field and a minefield for betting any team can spring a surprise nowhere days

We'll just have to agree to disagree :pac: .. Having a look at tomorrow. Chelsea dnb looks tasty enough at 5/6 but i'll be waiting until in-play before backing anyone. Also like the look of Suarez to get MOTM in the Liverpool game @ 4's on Betvictor.

• Site Banned Posts: 47 Me Tilty

35/1 accum.....

Liverpool, Spurs, Newcastle all to win & Chelsea to draw

• Registered Users Posts: 54,282 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Kind odds on Juve tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

I remember when this thread was insightful, useful and worth a read.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭ConorCBS

What to people think of BTTS No in the Tottenham vs. West Ham match at over evens? Or West Ham not to score @2.50?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement