Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football Tips Thread v3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Patsy fyre wrote: »
    I remember when this thread was insightful, useful and worth a read.

So you remember what its been like the last week or so then? Well done. Good input.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

I'm going to do a Both teams to score double in the Chelsea v Man City 4/9 and Southampton v Newcastle 4/7 games.
    Firstly looking at the Chelsea game: Both teams have scored in Chelsea's last 7 league games (not including the large amount of goals they have conceded in the cup games in the mean time) and they have found the net in all 6 league games at the Bridge. I know Benitez is a fairly conservative coach but he won't have been able to alter their style of play in such a short spell of time, especially with the personnel he has available. Kompany is also doubtful for the champions so with the attacking players at their disposal I expect Chelsea will score.
    City returned to the goals in the last league game against Villa running out 5-0 winners. While outclassed by Madrid early on they fought there way back into the game and finished dangerously. The key thing for them is David Silva looks back to his best and when he is fit and firing he can unlock any defense. City have scored in 4 of their 5 away games and with Silva back in form I expect that to continue.
    Looking at the Southampton game: Both teams have scored in Southampton's last 5 home games and they boast the worst defensive record in the Premier League with 30 goals conceded in just 12 games. Newcastle have found the net in 4 of their 5 away games and although missing a couple of key creative players incl Ben Arfa and Cabaye the likes of Cisse and Ba should be able to find the net against the division's worst defense.
    Works out at 2.27 good luck guys

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Noticed one other thing... Swansea's last 5 league matches have been 0-0 at half time. Not the most reliable stat to be going on but still at 2/1 worth a few quid

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Shane St. wrote: »
    Noticed one other thing... Swansea's last 5 league matches have been 0-0 at half time. Not the most reliable stat to be going on but still at 2/1 worth a few quid

Alot of Liverpools games are 0-0 at halftime aswell (too late to be researching exact stats but I know its alot).
    Im taking highest scoring half at 15/13 bwin, best price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Avfctom

Alot of Liverpools games are 0-0 at halftime aswell (too late to be researching exact stats but I know its alot).
    Im taking highest scoring half at 15/13 bwin, best price.

Hmmm think it will be a tight game and with that stat in mind might go

Ht draw
    Ft liverpool

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

Treble for interest today..Louis Suarez anytime ,can't help but back him,is in great form as much as I hate him,has scored for fun in his past couple of games domestically..11/10 anytime goal.. Btts in Southampton v Toon.. Toon always conceding on the road and performing poor at the minute.. Europa lge game Thursday isn't a help either,they were beaten 0-1 at home to west ham last time they had a game in Europe , always fancy Southampton to score at home aswell as concede.looks nailed on for a couple of goals.. 4/7.. Finally overs in roda jc v ajax.. Not much explaining to do on this one ,it's Ajax,score plenty,Roda JC have conceded 10 goals in their past two league games v feyenoord and Heracles ,albeit both were away. I expect Ajax to put at least 3 past them..2/5. 40 treble returns 180. PSV are on a sick roll in holland aswell,fancy goals aplenty In their clash against Vitesse, another man who is in form is pelle for Feyenoord. Is worth an anytime goal bet away to AZ

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

As expected, Strootman and Van Bommel will both play today against Vitesse after being "injured" for the match against Dnipro.
    If they hadnt played, i would be all over Vitesse @8.5 or the @3.2 DC Vitesse.

Vitesse has won all of their away matches this season, including away to Ajax, Groningen and Utrecht. None of them easy places to get a win.
    The also only conceded once in those away matches.

If it wasnt for their goal stats (about 84% of Vitesse's goals are in the 2nd half) i would lay PSV on betfair and check out on a profit (if any).

But based on those stats for i really fancy Vitesse to score in the 2nd half.
    Cant find odds on that on bet365 but i do know it will be available in play.

Another one: PSV to win & under 3,5 @2.75.
    Bony to score @2.4 is also nice.

Roda - Ajax.
    Looks like an easy one for Ajax but they dont have the best of records away to Roda.
    Also Ajax' WDL stats on the early Sunday games are quite terrible.
    I wouldnt recommend this match to boost up some accumulator.
    Malki any time however @2.62 ....

Only pre match bet on those games i ll take for sure is the double of Malki/Bony and i ll add Pelle (Feyenoord) in there as well.

@15.75

inforfun wrote: »
    As expected, Strootman and Van Bommel will both play today against Vitesse after being "injured" for the match against Dnipro.
    If they hadnt played, i would be all over Vitesse @8.5 or the @3.2 DC Vitesse.

Vitesse has won all of their away matches this season, including away to Ajax, Groningen and Utrecht. None of them easy places to get a win.
    The also only conceded once in those away matches.

If it wasnt for their goal stats (about 84% of Vitesse's goals are in the 2nd half) i would lay PSV on betfair and check out on a profit (if any).

But based on those stats for i really fancy Vitesse to score in the 2nd half.
    Cant find odds on that on bet365 but i do know it will be available in play.

Another one: PSV to win & under 3,5 @2.75.
    Bony to score @2.4 is also nice.

Roda - Ajax.
    Looks like an easy one for Ajax but they dont have the best of records away to Roda.
    Also Ajax' WDL stats on the early Sunday games are quite terrible.
    I wouldnt recommend this match to boost up some accumulator.
    Malki any time however @2.62 ....

Only pre match bet on those games i ll take for sure is the double of Malki/Bony and i ll add Pelle (Feyenoord) in there as well.

@15.75

6/4 pelle anytime,nice

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

I've gone for West Ham double chance @ 2.15

also adding West Ham +1.5 @ 1.42 to a couple of doubles

this is simply because AVB is still Tottenham's coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭tip74

Injuries and suspensions:
    Bahia v Nautico
    Bahia: Ávine (8/0 d), Neto (18/3 d)
    Nautico: Marlon (9/0 d), Ronaldo Alves (22/1 d), Elicarlos (30/3 m), Kieza (19/13 f), Rhayner (33/0 f)
    pick 1

Sport Club Recife v Fluminense
    Sport Club Recife: Magrão (26/0 g), Cicinho (23/0 d)
    Fluminense: Deco (17/1 m), Bruno (26/1 d), Gum (34/2 d), Wellington Nem (27/6 f), Wagner (29/1 n)
    pick 1

Atlético Madrid v Sevilla FC
    Atlético Madrid: Mario Suarez (11/1 m)
    Sevilla FC: Trochowski (6/2 m), Negredo (12/7 f), Medel (10/1 m)
    pick 1

AC Milan v Juventus FC
    AC Milan: Strasser (0/0 m), Didac Vila (0/0 d), Muntari (0/0 m) (all doubtful), Mesbah (1/0 d), Antonini (5/0 d), Traoré (1/0 m), Ambrosini (7/0 m), Abate (9/0 d), Bonera (9/0 d), Pato (4/0 f)
    Juventus FC: Chiellini (11/0 d)
    pick 2

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭ryaner1979

4 draws in the prem today could be worth a few euro at about 140/1. All tight matches

• Site Banned Posts: 47 Me Tilty

ryaner1979 wrote: »
    4 draws in the prem today could be worth a few euro at about 140/1. All tight matches
    Have put €150 on this at 141/1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭squirrelohara

Me Tilty wrote: »

Thats 21k if it wins:eek:. Im contemplating if I can afford to do a tenor accum:D

Thats 21k if it wins:eek:. Im contemplating if I can afford to do a tenor accum:D
    Well there would be lay offs if its progressing successfully

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

Decided on a slightly zany bet for this afternoon...

€10 on Michu to score 2 or more @ 17.00

It will take a bit of luck to come in, but Michu is the forth top goalscorer in the Premiership this season, and he is Swansea's targetman, so should get chances. Liverpool have a tendency to screw things up (which is why many never bet on them), and, if given the chance, he could definitely sneak in two goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

you must be pretty rich to put €150 on something like that...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

Carlos Tevez anytime 2/1

5 in his last 4 starts against Chelsea and is off the back of a brace last week.

Levante +2 Evens

Same reasoning as against Madrid. They're very strong at home, just the one loss, and should be no pushover for Barcelona who have had a lot of tight away games in La Liga.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,759 ✭✭✭✭dahat

dahat wrote: »
    Hi,

Aint ever posted here but i think Stoke at home this weekend to Fulham are cracking bets at 6/5 with PP,only place i have looked so far.

Fulham are in trouble with players as Hangeland the main CB is suspended with Sendross to come who is a poor player.

Ruiz and Kachilic(spelling) are both out and alot of the creativity goes there too.......Add in Stokes solid defence plus a good result at West Ham and i think they will collect 3 points with out any bother..

Happy this came in,didn't see it but result is all that matters!!

6/10 up in my usual Prem 10 accum,little over 5k/1.
    Waiting on Chelsea,Southampton,Spurs and Pool,looking for miracles but hey......

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Swansea v Liverpool
    Over 12 Corners 7/5
    Both teams rack up their fair share of corners, Liverpool starting with Downing and Sterling fancy this even more.

you must be pretty rich to put €150 on something like that...
    I have built up a decent bank roll. It's there to be gambled.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Serious value in the Southampton/Newcastle game later... not to be missed.

I think 4/7 for BTTS is outrageous value since Newcastle are without Collocini and Southampton have conceded 30 goals this season. Southampton have no clean sheets so far and Newcastle only have 2 or 3. Southampton have only failed to score twice this season and Newcastle's defence is fairly edgy at the moment.

Newcastle are without Ben Arfa and Cabaye so their attacking threat is limited, therefore I'm not going the back Newcastle despite them being close to 3/1 which are very nice odds.

Demba Ba anytime is 11/8, and to score a brace is 8/1. Newcastle will score and the only one I see doing it is Ba, particularly with Cabaye and Ben Arfa sidelined. I'll be backing him to score and I will put a small bit on a brace. I will also place a large bet on BTTS to cover myself. Southampton's defence is so poor that 6/4 for Newcastle to score 2+ goals is really worth a look also!

As an unlikely bet I'd look at a peanlty to be awarded/scored in this game. The lack of penalties this week is odd and Southampton have given away their fair share so far this season.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

In play Liverpool v Swansea
    BTTS 11/8
    Both defences not great

great tipping there on the 0-0 ht result in liverpool match,what price was it again?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

2/1 was big alright, will be doing 0-0 ft @ 11/4

Edit: 10/3 on bet365.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Ba Anytime was 21/10 on PP a few moments ago :) , odds have been slashed to 6/4.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Three remaining games in Premier League, doing an over 2.5 treble. Comes in at over 4/1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Ba @ 21/10
    Anytime Goalscorer
    Southampton v Newcastle

and

BTTS @ 4/7

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭ConorCBS

Chelsea vs. Man City.
    Under 1.5 first half goals @1.53.

Tottenham vs. West Ham.
    Under 1.5 West Ham goals @1.33.

€50 - Both to win @2.04.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

magherakid wrote: »
    Swansea v Liverpool
    Over 12 Corners 7/5
    Both teams rack up their fair share of corners, Liverpool starting with Downing and Sterling fancy this even more.

Corners in boom :D

• Advertisement

First leg up

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement