Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football Tips Thread v3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭jezztips

jezztips wrote: »
    Cagliari v Napoli just kicked off

Under 2.5 goals looks great bet here, On the road Napoli have failed to score in 3 of 6 in the League. Napoli have the second best defence in the Seria A just behind Juve so Cagliari who have the second worst goals for tally in the league will really struggle to score here. also no Cavani tonight.

Large stake
    Under 2.5
    8/13

Also on small stake 0-0 full time @ 7/1
    Half time 0-0 Medium stake at 13/8

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Metalist Kharkiv win and under 3.5 @ 1.87

their opponents only lost 1-0 vs Shakhtar, 2-0 vs Dynamo Kiev and 2-1 vs Dnipro

but of course they concede 4 against Metalist :mad:

Cagliari v Napoli just kicked off

Under 2.5 goals looks great bet here, On the road Napoli have failed to score in 3 of 6 in the League. Napoli have the second best defence in the Seria A just behind Juve so Cagliari who have the second worst goals for tally in the league will really struggle to score here. also no Cavani tonight.

Large stake
    Under 2.5
    8/13

HT 0-0 Looking like a very profitable game :D . Typically Paddy Power had this game in a both teams to score special LOL!! I find its usually very profitable backing against Paddys Specials.

Looking at Milan game later and 4 of Milans 7 away games they managed to keep clean sheets, they do tend to score a lot away but Parma conceded on average less than 1 per home game, again i see tight game and am backing under 2.5 again @5/6

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Cliftonville v Lisburn Distillery
    Time of first card before 37 min 5/6

magherakid wrote: »
    Liam Boyce anytime 10/11
    League leaders Cliftonville will pull 7 points clear with a win against struggling joint bottom Lisburn. Match is on live on sky sports fancy Boyce to score tonight with 12 goals in 16 league matches.
    Time of first card before 37 min 5/6

both bets in boom :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭ConorCBS

Liam Boyce anytime 10/11
    League leaders Cliftonville will pull 7 points clear with a win against struggling joint bottom Lisburn. Match is on live on sky sports fancy Boyce to score tonight with 12 goals in 16 league matches.

There's your goal. Nice bet. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

M. Zaporozhye in Ukraine

Hinckley Utd in England

2 bankrupt teams to keep an eye out for for opposing on handicaps

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Fancy QPR to get something tommorow up at Sunderland with the whole Arry factor and the injuries to Cattermole and O Shea. Anybody know if Fletcher is available? If hes not I can defo see Sunderland struggling. If hes playing Il take him anytime and lay Sunderland at 5/4.

Fancy QPR to get something tommorow up at Sunderland with the whole Arry factor and the injuries to Cattermole and O Shea. Anybody know if Fletcher is available? If hes not I can defo see Sunderland struggling. If hes playing Il take him anytime and lay Sunderland at 5/4.

Fletcher will be playing tomorrow night. I was hoping for better odds on QPR win as they have lost last 7 away games, 9/4 is **** in my view. Reading have similar away record to QPR and they are 3's against Similar team in aston villa. Laying sunderland my self also can definitely see them drawing at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭slattsteen

Cheers man on the uner 2.5, got 10/11 on it, good thinking

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭modo85

Really impressed with frankfurt this year and I think even money to beat Mainz is a great price.. frankfurt dominated schalke the weekend and were unlucky not to win. This is a derby match so I wud expect lots of cards, I don't do the cards markets myself so don't know any prices on cards

Frankfurt evens
    Confidence 8/10

Been looking all night for a safe bet tomorrow and cant seem to find any singles that i really fancy.

So have decided on placing £40 on the following treble that pays just over evens 2.21 for a return of £88.27.

Millwall to score a goal.
    Watford to score a goal.
    Eintracht Frankfurt draw no bet.

Millwall are enjoying a good run 5 wins and 1 draw in last 6 scoring 13 goals in the process. In the last 8 away games Millwall have scored in 7 of them. They have the 3rd highest goals for record in the league and face a Wolves side in horrible form who haven't won in 8 games losing 5 of these. Wolves have conceded a goal in each of their last 8 games leaking 16 in that time.

Watford on the road have scored in all but 1 away games this season (the one they failed to score in was against Blackburn who have the 3rd best home defensive record in the league) they have scored 19 in 9 so far away from home. Sheffield Wednesday have the 4th worst defence in the Championship and at home in the league have conceded at least one in every game conceding 16 in 9.

Frankfurt DNB looks very safe as modo85 says Frankfurt have been very impressive this year, especially at home where they have played 7 winning 5 and drawing the other 2 one of which was against Dortmund. Mainz away have only 1 win this season (a win against league stragglers Wolfburg in the middle of a 7 game winless streak for Wolfburg). This should be a home win but it is a derby match so draw cud cost us backing straight win.

modo85 wrote: »
    Really impressed with frankfurt this year and I think even money to beat Mainz is a great price.. frankfurt dominated schalke the weekend and were unlucky not to win. This is a derby match so I wud expect lots of cards, I don't do the cards markets myself so don't know any prices on cards

Fairly confident of this treble, If Frankfurt can only manage a draw the payout due to the void is just over £70 @1.77

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

Hannover will win surely by 2 the way greater furth are playing in the bundesliga?

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭BBoyle88

Stoke v Toon under 2.5 looks like the bet tomorrow night.

Stoke's last 6 home games under 2.5, Toons last 3 away games under 2.5. a dogged affair here.

Hannover should win but theyre defence is very poor. Greuther are an awful team from what ive seen.

Dortmund will hammer Dusseldorf, watched them friday night v hamburg, they somehow won 2-0 but looked very limited. Dortmund one of the form teams in europe at the moment.

United -1 as well for tomorrow night. West ham are rubbish. A comfortable home win here. united are slowly clicking into gear but theyre also conceding which is a concern.

BBoyle88 wrote: »
    Stoke v Toon under 2.5 looks like the bet tomorrow night.

Stoke's last 6 home games under 2.5, Toons last 3 away games under 2.5. a dogged affair here.

Stoke as always great bet Under 2.5 think 11 of their opening 13 have been under i have made a packet on this bet this season. Toon on the road dont score too many either. Stoke at home have conceded 1 goal in 6 games its unreal record and that goal was against Man City. Ben arfa and Cabaye will be missing too, that coupled with Ba and Cisse not firing this season Toon will do well to score at the Brittania. Cant see stoke scoring many either they have the second worst goal tally in the league with 11 (3 teams on 10).

Great bet Boyle getting on this now nice and early :D

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Tony Clarke

Thinking of a longish shot over 2.5 goals in qpr game and udinese win against lazio, just over 8/1 i think

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

Only betting on this because of the really huge odds...

Real Madrid v Alcoyano BTTS @ 10/3 (on William Hill)

Real will most likely be fielding a team of randoms. I am not sure of the teams yet, but I am guessing it will be an experimental back four, so that gives Alcoyano a chance to get one in. Real will obviously score - unless the laws of physics break in Spain tonight.

At them odds, I think it worth a gamble.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

seanhynes wrote: »
    Hannover will win surely by 2 the way greater furth are playing in the bundesliga?

It is Hannovers 3rd match in 5 days.
    Twente on thursday, batern on saturday and today Furth.

Dortmund hit them for 3, Gladbach for 4, Bayern for 3.
    They conceded 13 in the other 10 matches that have been played.
    Can see hannover win but it might be closer than expected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Matt_Trakker

Eintracht Frankfurt - Mainz
    Over 2.5 1.75
    4/5 home games for Frank have been O2.5
    3/5 away have been for Mainz

Hamburg - Schalke

With Dortmund surely winning tonight, Frankfut probably too, Schalke need to keep up the pressure, they haven't been good on the road (1w from 4) but Hamburg struggle against the top sides at home. They beat Dortmund on the opening day of the season but it was extremely lucky
    Schalke win 1.90

Hull City - Crystal Palace
    Hull have scored in every home game this season bar 1
    Palace have scored in every away game
    BTTS 1.66

M'boro -Huddersfield
    4 from last 5 home matches 'boro have score more than 1.5
    Huddersfield have scored in all away games bar one this season so 'boro will be keen to go two up on them from the start.

M'boro to score more than 1.5 = 1.77

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Word of caution for those looking to bet on us tonight vs Dusseldorf. Gündogan and Götze won't be playing, and Hummels might be rested as well.

Should still win by a couple of goals at least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

I'm going to back Sunderland tonight at 7/5. This seems good value because QPR have lost 16 of their last 20 PL away games and drawn the 4 they haven't won. New manager or not.... I likle those odds with that kind of stat backing it up

Also Sessegnon seems to have hit form. Sunderland have conceded very few goals this season, their problem was not being able to score. They've scored 5 in their last 2. QPR have managed 12 goals all season, 6 coming from away games. Sunderland have only conceded 6 goals at home this season if you exclude the 2-4 last weekend. That said Harry's in now, but I can see him having such an immediate effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Austria!

Stoke have won an average 5 corners per game at home this season.
    Newcastle have won an average of 3 away.

5+3=8

Skybet has under 10 corners at 2.25

I think this is a good bet, but I'd love if some website had corners per game for all these teams so I could see if the some outliers are skewing things. Anyone know of anything like that?

Edit: Oh, simplesoccer stats beta console does that. Excellent.

http://www.simplesoccerstats.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭ConorCBS

Austria! wrote: »
    Stoke have won an average 5 corners per game at home this season.
    Newcastle have won an average of 3 away.

5+3=8

Skybet has under 10 corners at 2.25

I think this is a good bet, but I'd love if some website had corners per game for all these teams so I could see if the some outliers are skewing things. Anyone know of anything like that?

Try here.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Leejo

M'boro -Huddersfield
    4 from last 5 matches 'boro have score more than 1.5

Where are you getting that from? Boro's last 5 matches have been:
    W 4-1 Charlton
    D 0-0 Nott Forest
    W 3-1 Sheff Wed
    L 0-1 Cardiff
    L 1-3 Bristol City

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭AidySevenfold

My treble for tonight is Eintracht Frankfurt, Notts Forest and Watford all to win.

Frankfurt (11/10) are a very good home side, having won 5 of their 7 home games.
    Mainz on the other hand have lost 4 of their 7 away games.

Notts Forest are 7/5 away to Ipswich and Ipswich have been poor all season and have lost 5 of 9 at home.

Watford are unbeaten in their last 5 and should beat Wednesday who are terrible form with fans criticising Dave Jones quite a bit. Watford have also recorded some nice away wins @ Palace, Huddersfield and Leeds and are definately worth taking @ 21/10.

Ive also got an over 2.5 goals accum in the Frankfurt, Middlesborough, Cardiff, Wolves and Ipswich games using the SoccerStatsTracker app which showed they cover this bet alot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Matt_Trakker

Leejo wrote: »
    Where are you getting that from? Boro's last 5 matches have been:

Meant home matches, will edit post. Thanks for spotting that. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

DNB Frankfurt, Schalke and Hannover for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Chelsea v Fulham

Under 2.5 goals 13/10
    I underestimated the early influence of Rafa in their previous game. They were non existent as an attacking unit and although this selection is going against the stats I think it has a good chance of coming on. It must be noted the goals for Chelsea have dried up to a certain extent (only 3 goals in last four league games) but Fulham are a potent attacking force (joint second highest scorers) I just feel Benitez will be cautious again and should they gain a lead in the game it will be a case of protecting it and not going for more. This bet certainly has history on its side as it would have collected for these side's last five meetings.

Tottenham v Liverpool

I like the look of Spurs to win at 7/5. Their form has been sketchy but they returned to winning ways with a comfortable win at home to West Ham. Liverpool have only one win away from Anfield in 6 attempts and I just feel they are way too reliant on Suarez and if he has an off day I can't see where the goals will come from. This is certainly a fixture Spurs have enjoyed in recent times winning the last four games between the sides at the Lane.
    I also like the look of Gareth Bale anytime goalscorer 9/4. The Welshman has found the net in his last two league outings and coming up against the rampaging Johnson who loves to bomb forward he may be able to exploit this and get on the scoresheet.

Man Utd v West Ham

A bet I always do when Man Utd are playing is Both teams to score 10/11. Utd have been very bad defensively this year(only 2 clean sheets in 13 games) only Reading Southampton QPR and Wigan have conceded more goals at home this season. West ham have enjoyed a decent return to the Premier League under Big Sam and sit in the top half just below the European places. They have found the net in their last four away games and I feel they will have joy scoring again tomorrow night.
    Again if Fergie picks the wrong team as he did at the weekend the price of Utd to win from behind at 6/1 looks a great price as it has come in so many times this season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 TheBankerEdge

League: English Championship
    Match: Derby v Cardiff City
    Selection: Both Teams To Score
    Bookmaker: Stan James
    Odds: 8/13

Bookmaker: Stan James
    Odds: 8/13

Bookmaker: William Hill
    Odds: 2/5

Bookmaker: Ladbrokes