Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football Tips Thread v3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,858 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

went for the double of
    stoke and spurs
    23 to win 109

given my luck lately i also did the opposite
    pool and newc double
    2 to win 23

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

mailburner wrote: »
    went for the double of
    stoke and spurs
    23 to win 109

given my luck lately i also did the opposite
    pool and newc double
    2 to win 23

2 draws it is then!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Spuds v Pool.
    First goal after 27 mins 10/11 PP.
    Average time of first goal scored at home for spurs is 58mins, average time of 1st conceded is 60m.
    Average time first goal scored for Pool Away is 41m
    Average time first conceded 35m.

Swansea v W Brom first goal after 25 mins 10/11.
    Stats are even better for this but I fancy Spurs Liverpool to be closer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,733 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Couple anytime scorers for tonight.

10 on Huth anytime @ 7/1
    5 on Enrique anytime @ 13/2

Huth is defintely due a goal. Was unlucky in Stokes last match and up against a depleted Newcastle defence he'll surely have some set piece opportunities tonight to get a goal. While Enrique value is hes playing LW and doing well too. Unlucky to not have another goal against Swansea

ft9 wrote: »
    2 draws it is then!:)

probably :)

meant to add that myself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭ConorCBS

Wigan vs. Chelsea.
    €100 - BTTS No @2.00.

bohsman wrote: »
    Handy that you cant take screenshots of dial a bet bets.

Is that directed at me?

Wigan vs. Man City.
    Man City to win @1.47.

Man United vs. West Ham.
    Man United to win @1.25.

€10 - Both to win @1.84.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Hooper anytime 1/1
    Aguero anytime 1/1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Austria!

United win over 80% of their home games generally over the last 4 years, and that's including matches against the top 4. West ham aren't even a top 8 team. Odds of 1.25 for a home win are very good tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

BTTS = NO in Bastia vs Lille @ 2.10

Lille are gonna play with their 2nd choice keeper, Elana, who is one of the best keepers in the league imo (he was Brest's GK last season). He has played twice this season (vs Toulouse in the cup and away to BATE) and kept a clean sheet in both games.
    Bastia started the season with the worst keeper in the league but he was finally dropped a couple of weeks ago and now they finally have a proper keeper (he will play today)
    The weather has been ****ty in Bastia today and it was decided only a few hours ago that the game will not be called off... but the pitch might be quite bad.
    I think this game will finish 1-0 to either team or 0-0
    On paper, this is the bet of the week for me but since football isn't played on paper... :pac:

edit: covering myself with correct score 1-1 @ 5.50, I'd be really surprised if it went over 2.5

Boom :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

chelsea clean sheet is a nice bet at 5/4 . . Rafas teams are nothing if not tight at the back .

also, less then 3.5 goals at 1/2 in same game seems a decent bet

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

ConorCBS wrote: »

Is that directed at me?

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Avfctom

Avfctom wrote: »
    United
    City
    Chelsea
    Just under 2/1 £50

What a joke that fat spanish waiter has ruined chelsea already from attacking exciting football to drab defensive football is he alex mcleish in disguise

went for the double of
    stoke and spurs
    23 to win 109

That ends my biggest run of losses on footie this year
    relieved to say the very least

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Shane St. wrote: »
    Chelsea v Fulham

Under 2.5 goals 13/10
    I underestimated the early influence of Rafa in their previous game. They were non existent as an attacking unit and although this selection is going against the stats I think it has a good chance of coming on. It must be noted the goals for Chelsea have dried up to a certain extent (only 3 goals in last four league games) but Fulham are a potent attacking force (joint second highest scorers) I just feel Benitez will be cautious again and should they gain a lead in the game it will be a case of protecting it and not going for more. This bet certainly has history on its side as it would have collected for these side's last five meetings.

Tottenham v Liverpool

I like the look of Spurs to win at 7/5. Their form has been sketchy but they returned to winning ways with a comfortable win at home to West Ham. Liverpool have only one win away from Anfield in 6 attempts and I just feel they are way too reliant on Suarez and if he has an off day I can't see where the goals will come from. This is certainly a fixture Spurs have enjoyed in recent times winning the last four games between the sides at the Lane.
    I also like the look of Gareth Bale anytime goalscorer 9/4. The Welshman has found the net in his last two league outings and coming up against the rampaging Johnson who loves to bomb forward he may be able to exploit this and get on the scoresheet.

Man Utd v West Ham

A bet I always do when Man Utd are playing is Both teams to score 10/11. Utd have been very bad defensively this year(only 2 clean sheets in 13 games) only Reading Southampton QPR and Wigan have conceded more goals at home this season. West ham have enjoyed a decent return to the Premier League under Big Sam and sit in the top half just below the European places. They have found the net in their last four away games and I feel they will have joy scoring again tomorrow night.
    Again if Fergie picks the wrong team as he did at the weekend the price of Utd to win from behind at 6/1 looks a great price as it has come in so many times this season.

Had the bale wincast and chelsea bet made it a profitable night :D

magherakid wrote: »
    Wigan v Man City
    Man City to win to Nil 7/4
    City have won without conceding in their last 5 matches against Wigan

Tottenham v Liverpool
    Over 12 Corners 6/4
    Both teams rack up their fair share of corners
    magherakid wrote: »
    Hooper anytime 1/1
    Aguero anytime 1/1

Boom :D:D

Would have been a clean sweep if Aguero had a scored

Wigan vs. Man City.
    Man City to win @1.47.

Man United vs. West Ham.
    Man United to win @1.25.

€10 - Both to win @1.84.

Nice. :)
    Wigan vs. Chelsea.
    €100 - BTTS No @2.00.

Boom! Delighted. :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Sao Paulo - Universidad Catolica

Watched the reverse fixture last week and Sao Paulo should have won the tie there already.
    Much the better team. Last round they beat U de Chile 5-0 at home and U de Chile is a much better team than Catolica.

Going for -1,5 AH @2
    SAo Paulo to score over 2,5 @2.37

Some nice bets landed tonight which is great to see, onwards and upwards lads

• Registered Users Posts: 54,282 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

do away goals count infor?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭squirrelohara

Doing over/under 2.5 accum tonight
    Wigan v city - over
    Everton v arsenal - over
    Stoke v newcastle - under
    Utd v west ham - over
    Chelsea v fulham - over

Yessss.

Oh wait......now that I look closer, not one of my selections came in.:o

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Headshot wrote: »
    do away goals count infor?

They do indeed:

Starting with the 2005 event, CONMEBOL began to use the away goals rule. In 2008, the finals became an exception to the away goals rule and employed extra time.

pp dont half take their time
    half an hour later and still not settled
    fecking ridiculous

€18.38 on Sao Paulo to beat Universidad @1.25.

It's in a treble with two basketball picks which bring the odds up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

Amount of 0-0s and unders iv been on this week is a disgrace. On over 1.5 utd game earlier . Had it up to me bollocks with the sport

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

That ends my biggest run of losses on footie this year
    relieved to say the very least

I’ve been on a similarly terrible streak myself that was compounded by a bloodbath from Germany on Tuesday night. I finally ended it last night; went heavy on Utd and Arsenal (cashed this out at 0-1) and a small amount on under 3.5 Stoke/Toon. Almost covered my losses.

Rennes to win and under 3.5 goals to be scored (vs Troyes) @ 2.15

I think Rennes will be eager to bounce back after their home defeat vs Evian which came after... a 2-1 win away to PSG. They also want to win a trophy, something they haven't done for over 40 years. Rennes and Troyes will meet again on Sunday in the league, and the league is clearly Troyes's priority, even though they said they're gonna take this game very seriously (not sure if they're gonna rotate or not though)
    I don't think Troyes are gonna get thrashed, their 4-0 loss vs PSG was really undeserved, they surprisingly outplayed PSG for long parts of the game.

Since Rennes are huge chokers like Lille, I've covered myself with:
    correct score 1-1 @ 7.25
    Troyes to win by 1 goal @ 6.75
    and in case it goes over 3.5:
    3-1 @ 9.75 and 3-2 @ 19.50

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Matt_Trakker

Hertha BSC: Ben-Hatira, Franz, Janker, Kobiashvili, Lasogga, Morales, Pekarik
    1.FC Köln: Brökeri

Hertha are heavy favourties 1.53
    Koln are way outsiders at 6.0

Hertha have won 3 out of 4 at home, but have only once scored more than 1 goal (5 goals in 4 games, 3 of which were in one).
    Koln have scored in every away game bar one and have won 3 out of 5 away games.

AH Koln +1 is 1.90
    Worth a shot at odds like that....but I'm too chicken to take them w/o the handicap

wow the odds on Rennes keep rising, they've gone from 1.36 to 1.60... seems like my bet is lost :(

Wtf do the bookies know that we don't?

• Advertisement

Glentoran v Ballinamallard
    Ballinamallard 11/4

Early heads up on this match for saturday interesting to see if any movement on the price.

Glentoran players refused to train on tuesday and are not training tonight either after going 8 weeks without pay. The players will not refuse to play in the club's fixtures but have taken a stand as they can no longer afford to travel to training twice a week.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement