Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football Tips Thread v3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Glentoran player Colin Nixon has said that the squad was left with "no option" but to boycott training after not being paid wages for eight weeks.

The Glens squad, apparently with the support of the management, did not train on Tuesday evening.

This policy will continue until the players get firm indications that they are to receive their wages.

"Some players are struggling to get to training money wise. We had to make some sort of stand," said Nixon.

Glentoran have been embroiled in financial difficulties for a number of years and there have been previous instances when wages were not paid on time.

However, with the latest wage crisis dragging on for two months, Nixon said that the squad could not stand idly by.

Continue reading the main story
    “In my heart of hearts, I would envisage all players being paid before Christmas and the club hopefully getting back on its feet”

Glentoran player Colin Nixon

"It's a very stressful time for everyone at the club and the players want to see Glentoran getting on an even footing as soon as possible.

"No player won't be available for matches and we'll all keep ourselves in good nick for matches.

"We understand that preparation might be affected but in saying that, we have to make some sort of stand and a majority voted and we all agreed on this course of action.

"No training will take place until money is given or promised or seen."

Veteran player Nixon has been acting at as a go-between during the crisis between the club chairman Terence Brannigan and the squad.

Nixon added that the club chairman and his directors "have been working hard to sort things out" but as yet there is no resolution.

The Glentoran defender called on the club's fans to continue to support the club during the current crisis.

"We actively encourage the fans to come out in their droves on Saturday as we know they do in times of crisis.

"It's a fantastic club and it's a privilege to play for it and we respect everybody involved in it. But unfortunately at this stage, it's down to simple economics."

Talks were understood to be continuing on Thursday afternoon and despite the current crisis, Nixon said that he expects matters to be sorted out before the festive period.

"In my heart of hearts, I would envisage all players being paid before Christmas and the club hopefully getting back on its feet."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20549083

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭ConorCBS

Las, any thoughts on Monaco tomorrow? Top vs. bottom. Surely they will win?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

ConorCBS wrote: »
    Las, any thoughts on Monaco tomorrow? Top vs. bottom. Surely they will win?

Well they couldn't beat Gazelec Ajaccio who were also bottom of the table, plus Sedan are underperforming this season, they usually fight for promotion but eventually finish just outside the top 3. I read that Monaco's last win was far from convincing and they scored out of nowhere. They're a bit like PSG, they have great players but they don't play as a team.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Photo-Sniper

Hertha BSC: Ben-Hatira, Franz, Janker, Kobiashvili, Lasogga, Morales, Pekarik
    1.FC Köln: Brökeri

Hertha are heavy favourties 1.53
    Koln are way outsiders at 6.0

Hertha have won 3 out of 4 at home, but have only once scored more than 1 goal (5 goals in 4 games, 3 of which were in one).
    Koln have scored in every away game bar one and have won 3 out of 5 away games.

AH Koln +1 is 1.90
    Worth a shot at odds like that....but I'm too chicken to take them w/o the handicap

Great call buddy!

On way home from the match but didnt get around to placing this bet.

Good job.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

wow the odds on Rennes keep rising, they've gone from 1.36 to 1.60... seems like my bet is lost :(

Wtf do the bookies know that we don't?

Whatever they know its wrong anyway it seems :P

• Advertisement

Rennes to win and under 3.5 goals to be scored (vs Troyes) @ 2.15

I think Rennes will be eager to bounce back after their home defeat vs Evian which came after... a 2-1 win away to PSG. They also want to win a trophy, something they haven't done for over 40 years. Rennes and Troyes will meet again on Sunday in the league, and the league is clearly Troyes's priority, even though they said they're gonna take this game very seriously (not sure if they're gonna rotate or not though)
    I don't think Troyes are gonna get thrashed, their 4-0 loss vs PSG was really undeserved, they surprisingly outplayed PSG for long parts of the game.

Since Rennes are huge chokers like Lille, I've covered myself with:
    correct score 1-1 @ 7.25
    Troyes to win by 1 goal @ 6.75
    and in case it goes over 3.5:
    3-1 @ 9.75 and 3-2 @ 19.50

yesssss :) For once they didn't choke.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

magherakid wrote: »
    Glentoran v Ballinamallard
    Ballinamallard 11/4

Early heads up on this match for saturday interesting to see if any movement on the price.

Glentoran players refused to train on tuesday and are not training tonight either after going 8 weeks without pay. The players will not refuse to play in the club's fixtures but have taken a stand as they can no longer afford to travel to training twice a week.

Taken Ballinamallard double chance 3/4 bwin for a largish stake.
    Ballinamallard are higher in the table aswell so fingers crossed.
    Glentoran did beat them 4-1 last time they played tough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Matt_Trakker

Great call buddy!

On way home from the match but didn't get around to placing this bet.

Good job.

Cheers Photo :)

Under 2.5 in Ajaccio vs St Etienne @ 1.60

Ajaccio are usually pretty strong at home, PSG could only manage a 0-0 draw there, their biggest home defeat this season was vs Marseille (2-0)
    St Etienne will be without their striker and star player Aubameyang, plus they played in the cup on Tuesday and that game went to extra time so fatigue might be an issue for them.
    Last season St Etienne drew 1-1 in Ajaccio.

Also, tiny stake on St Etienne to win 3-0 @ 17.50 just cuz they won 2 away games by that scoreline this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,282 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

infor

Bommel anytime carded against Ajax has to be one to look at :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Wait with that Headshot.
    Just read he is doubtful for tomorrow.
    As is Mertens

Wouldnt be surprised it is just Advocaat playing games though

Hehehe ... Dicky Lawyer apperently is PSV manager.

And if Van Bommel is indeed out, you might as well focus on Strootman.
    He is even more annoying lately

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

West Ham v Chelsea
    Two teams for which the goals have very much dried up. Chelsea have only managed 3 goals in their last 5 games, a run which includes back to back scoreless draws. West Ham have also just managed 3 goals in their last 5. With both sides goal struggles in mind I like the look of under 2.5 goals at 4/5.
    I think Chelsea are overpriced at even money to win this game. West ham have only been beaten once at Upton Park by a confident and rampant Arsenal side earlier in the season. Chelsea are winless in 6 league games and they are struggling to get the balance of the team right with not a lot of attacking threat since Rafa Benitez's appointment. West Ham are winless in three but they have drawn their last 2 at Upton Park and have been able to shut out teams like Man City. The draw at 12/5 looks a decent bet.

Reading v Man Utd
    Both teams to score at 4/5
    looks a decent shout. Utd kept a rare clean sheet in the midweek defeat to West Ham but West Ham still had a couple of chances and it must be remembered this Utd team has managed just 3 clean sheets in 14 games. They have conceded 5 goals in their last 3 away games and Reading have found the net in all but one of their home games.With Utd missing the wing talents of Valencia and Nani I expect another diamond formation with the owness on the full backs to provide the width. Rafael Da Silva has enjoyed a very impressive campaign and he loves to attack (2 league goals already this season) a 9/1 shot is not bad for anytime goalscorer.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭BBoyle88

Anybody fancy milan tonight?

They're after finding a nice bit of form in recent weeks with good wins away to anderlecht and home to juve.

Their away form in serie a is awful though...5 games without a win which is a concern but i fancy milan to edge it tonight.

Like the look of under 2.5 at upton park i must say, decent price!

inforfun wrote: »
    And if Van Bommel is indeed out, you might as well focus on Strootman.
    He is even more annoying lately

Booked in the last 2 h2h's too

somthing to look at too

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Any thoughts on Almere City inforfun?

At home to bottom of the table side Excelsior. Notched 4 wins on the bounce in the league while Excelsior's form is horrendous, especially away from home. Bit weary considering the odds being almost too good.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Go Ahead Eagles v Emmen
    Over 3.5 goals 11/10
    Go Ahead Eagles last 4 games have gone over 3.5 seems they score and concede alot

• Registered Users Posts: 23,858 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Shane St. wrote: »
    West Ham v Chelsea
    I like the look of under 2.5 goals at 4/5.

was about to post this up also
    was 9/10 on wed nite with 365 but now 4/5
    it looks a great bet esp with benitez in charge
    single or double i cant decide
    i know harry might bring out some improvment but so
    far qpr have scored 4 goals in 6 games at home whilst
    villa have scored 3 away goals in 7
    im thinking if qpr sneak a goal they'll try and hang on to it
    and it'll be a nervewracking time for the fans
    8/11 for that one
    did the double in boyles shop earlier (both 4/5) and am tempted
    to so in again online
    lastly norwich v sunder unders at 4/6 not crazy about the price
    but norwich have scored more than one goal in only one home
    game all season (a 5-2 loss to pool) whilst sunder have scored
    7 goals away in 7 games..3 of which away to 10 men fulham and
    2 away to swansea a few months back and are poor with only
    one man capable of scoring for them so far this season
    a few quid on the treble
    (have only looked at 365online so far)

Ajaccio are usually pretty strong at home, PSG could only manage a 0-0 draw there, their biggest home defeat this season was vs Marseille (2-0)
    St Etienne will be without their striker and star player Aubameyang, plus they played in the cup on Tuesday and that game went to extra time so fatigue might be an issue for them.

Also, tiny stake on St Etienne to win 3-0 @ 17.50 just cuz they won 2 away games by that scoreline this season.

Took this and a tenner on 0-0 @ 7/1

• Advertisement

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Any thoughts on Almere City inforfun?

At home to bottom of the table side Excelsior. Notched 4 wins on the bounce in the league while Excelsior's form is horrendous, especially away from home. Bit weary considering the odds being almost too good.

Sorry, only now that i see your post.

A thing about the Dutch 1st division though.

Relegation is not an issue as from tomorrow. Clubs from the Topklasse had to announce before december 1st whether they wanted promotion to the 1st division at the end of this season.
    None of them went for it.

So the bottom teams have basically not much to play for anymore this season bar a good run and maybe pick up a play off spot.
    Every 8 games there will be a team that performed best over those games granted a spot in the play offs or promotion at the end of the season.

Are modern footballers clowns or what?
    I have noticed about 10 times this season players getting 2 yellows in the space of under 15mins.
    Tonight Frankfurt going well then their midfielder gets booked twice in 8 mins and they go in 2-0 down at ht.
    Milan were 1-0 down to catania then barrientos gets booked twice in 8 mins as well, now Milan are 2-1.
    I ain't complaining as I've backed Milan :) but its just crazy the number of players that get 2 bookings in quick succession

FT 0-0 :)

Nice one!

2ce9d50aa44c2cb41204a5e0c00efff1.png

Happy with that.

Nice one!

Your write up Las, convinced me. Cheers .

• Registered Users Posts: 23,858 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Stephan El Shaarawy Scored twice tonite and has scored
    12 so far this season for ac
    hes 4 clear of a few others including cavani
    this wont last long surely...just had a nice bet on it ;)

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/italy/serie-a/italy-serie-a/top-goalscorer

before tonites game http://www.football-italia.net/SerieA/top-scorers

2ce9d50aa44c2cb41204a5e0c00efff1.png

Happy with that.

Fair play sahin and lass

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

mailburner wrote: »
    Stephan El Shaarawy Scored twice tonite and has scored
    12 so far this season for ac
    hes 4 clear of a few others including cavani
    this wont last long surely...just had a nice bet on it ;)

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/italy/serie-a/italy-serie-a/top-goalscorer

before tonites game http://www.football-italia.net/SerieA/top-scorers

When does Serie A end? How many GW's left like? And where can the best odds be found? I don't really get that oddchecker website posted above (newbie). 5/2 on skybet is?

• Advertisement

Headshot wrote: »
    infor

Bommel anytime carded against Ajax has to be one to look at :)
    Headshot wrote: »
    Booked in the last 2 h2h's too

somthing to look at too
    Many thanks for contacting Boylesports Customer Support.
    Further to your query, unfortunately our trading department can confirm that we cannot quote a price on the selection you are looking for.
    As we do not cover bookings markets on games that are not televised.

My reply
    what you mean its not televised?
    the match is on tomorrow on loads of channels. Are you trying to tell me just because its not on British tv, that I cant bet on Van Bommel to be booked? Iv done numerous anytime booking bets with boyles and never hand this problem

their reply
    Many thanks for contacting Boylesports Customer Support.
    Apologies, i should rephrase - "As we do not cover bookings markets on games that are not televised live.
    Our trading department have confirmed that if the match is not shown live then they do not offer a bookings market.

What absolute rubbish from Boyles, I think ill be taking my business else where. But who else can I request these kind of bets?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement