Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football Tips Thread v3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Ben Yedder (Toulouse) anytime @ 2.70

3rd top scorer in the league and he starts up front for Toulouse

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Avfctom wrote: »
    Am i missing something here why are levante 3/1 and 5/6 double chance away to celta vigo

You made me lay Celta Vigo @2.00 thanks!!!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Avfctom

You made me lay Celta Vigo @2.00 thanks!!!!!:D

No probs we both got very lucky lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭ConorCBS

Anyone think Dinamo Kiev are overpriced away to Dinamo Zagreb on Tuesday? I know the group is already decided and the match has little meaning, but Zagreb have been terrible in the Champions League this season and last season, and have lost all 5 of their group games so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

ConorCBS wrote: »
    Anyone think Dinamo Kiev are overpriced away to Dinamo Zagreb on Tuesday? I know the group is already decided and the match has little meaning, but Zagreb have been terrible in the Champions League this season and last season, and have lost all 5 of their group games so far.

Possibly, Although I'd find it hard to bet on a game with them again in the champions league after last years show against Lyon.

• Advertisement

Any opinions on boca juniours

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Last game against Arsenal went to penalties,so take from that what you will.

Went for Under 2.5 @8/13 and a small stake on 0-0 @7/1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Fiorentina are good value @ 8/15 and are unbeaten at home this season.

EDIT: Just found out Jovetic, Toni and Aquilani are out for the home side. Eder, Pozzi and Lopez are out for Samp as well though so they've only 1 fit striker. Will probably stil back fiorentina but will wait for in-play.

Might also go for 2nd half most goals @ 11/10 56% of Fiorentina's and 77% of Samp's are scored in the second half.

Boom , great weekend :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭AidySevenfold

Have had 6 or 7 bets let down by 1 selection this weekend so it hasn't been too great.

Only putting a fiver on for interest tomorrow. Going for Guimgamp and Sevilla to win, Cheltenham and Aarhus games over 2.5 and Dordrecht over 3.5.

Works out about 18/1 or just a little bit more

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Last game against Arsenal went to penalties,so take from that what you will.

Went for Under 2.5 @8/13 and a small stake on 0-0 @7/1

Meh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

So what do we think about tonight's Premier League game?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

For me the more I look at it the more I think Avoid is the best course of action.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Matt_Trakker

Wigan have drew all away first halves this season
    First half draw is 2.20 on Bet365

Im going for

Cheltenham win
    Sevilla win

50 just under 2/1

Newcastle to win demba ba anytime 7/4 £20

Wigan have drew all away first halves this season
    First half draw is 2.20 on Bet365

Interesting stat. I was thinking about going draw halftime/Newcastle fulltime. This reinforces my thoughts. I have a feeling Newcastle will bounce back tonight from a horror run though so might just get on them on the outright available at 2.12 on Betfair

Interesting stat. I was thinking about going draw halftime/Newcastle fulltime. This reinforces my thoughts. I have a feeling Newcastle will bounce back tonight from a horror run though so might just get on them on the outright available at 2.12 on Betfair

They looked to be getting back to there earlier season form against stoke cisse looked sharp and demba is on fire think it will be nervy but think they will edge it 1-0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Matt_Trakker

I'd be inclined to think the same way, but have a look at the injury/suspension list:

Newcastle United: Perch, Shola Ameobi, Ben Arfa, S. Taylor, Gosling, Cabaye, Obertan, Harris, R. Taylor
    Wigan Athletic: Caldwell, Jones (both doubtful), Crusat, Watson, Miyaichi, Maloney, Alcaraz, Ramis

Good an all as Ba is, and Cisse can be (when he's arsed), if they aren't getting service they aren't going to find the net. It's too close for me, so I'm just gonna go for a 1/2 time draw.

Added: Just checked the head-to-head games, going back to 2006 Wigan have not won at St James.

Laying Liverpool away from home against West Ham available @ 1.60 with Marathon, Liverpool without the suspended Suarez, Literally very slight chance of scoring in my opinion,

West Ham Clean sheet also available with Bet365 @ 3.60! has to be tried.

Laying Liverpool away from home against West Ham available @ 1.60 with Marathon, Liverpool without the suspended Suarez, Literally very slight chance of scoring in my opinion,

West Ham Clean sheet also available with Bet365 @ 3.60! has to be tried.

Laying Arsenal on Saturday against West Brom at 1.54 on Betfair, Liverpool are 2.6 on Betfair Tiltedbrian.

Laying Arsenal on Saturday against West Brom at 1.54 on Betfair, Liverpool are 2.6 on Betfair Tiltedbrian.

Off to Betfair I go!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭ConorCBS

Draw @1.90 in the Shakhtar vs. Juventus match. :pac:

Anyone brave enough to lay that? Or is everyone confident enough that it is fixed?

ConorCBS wrote: »
    Draw @1.90 in the Shakhtar vs. Juventus match. :pac:

Anyone brave enough to lay that? Or is everyone confident enough that it is fixed?

I'll be laying it. I think there will be a couple of goals and I'll get out ahead

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

Off to Betfair I go!

The best price on a Hammers double chance right now is 1.65,Whilst Liverpool can be layed at 2.48 on betfair.

I'm gonna be a complete derp here and ask could anybody explain to me which price represents more value?

bradlente wrote: »
    The best price on a Hammers double chance right now is 1.65,Whilst Liverpool can be layed at 2.48 on betfair.

I'm gonna be a complete derp here and ask could anybody explain to me which price represents more value?

Depends on if your paying commission on the 1.65 if not then the 1.65 is just slightly better odds.

Lay 68.50 to lose 101.38 (minus commission) 65.08 profit

back 100 to win 65 at 1.65

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Arsenal: Szczesny, Shea - Vermaelen, Squillaci, Jenkinson, Angha, Hajrovic, Monteiro - Rosicky,Oxlade-Chamberlain, Ramsey, Coquelin, Meade - Arshavin, Gervinho, Chamakh, Ansah, Akpom

What a ****ty squad, it seems like Wenger is sure that Schalke are gonna beat Montpellier. Arsenal have lost their last 2 games away to Olympiakos.

I'm taking Olympiakos DNB @ 1.75

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Fancy Wigan 2night at 3/1. They played excellent against Man City last time out and if they are a bit more clinical can see it coming in. Newcastle missing lots of key players and are in terrible form

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

thinking of putting a cheeky for fun double on Benfica and Cluj. €3 returns 99. opponents Barcelona and Man Utd already qualified as group winners

• Registered Users Posts: 23,858 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

hard one to call tonite i think
    I was tempted to just back a draw myself
    evens for newc a ****ty price for a team who've lost their last four but
    both sides on bad runs
    I can't go in on newcastle at evens when i can
    get wigan and draw at 4/5 (365)
    well capable of getting something so i'm on that

tiny bet on gomez first and 1-1 at 60/1...have to get lucky sometime

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Newcastle to win and BTTS at around 4/1. Don't know why but I think Newcastle will win this despite recent form against them. Wigan are poor but can score. But they really have a dire defence that makes plenty of mistakes. They love giving away penalties too, 3/1 for a penalty to be awarded doesn't look too bad either.

Only a small stake because of the odds. A punt really simply because I expect a change in form from them tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Newcastle Team Krul; Simpson, Williamson, Coloccini, Santon; Tiote, Anita; Cisse, Marveaux, Gutierrez; Ba

Wigan Team : Al Habsi, Kone, McCarthy, Caldwell, Jones, Di Santo, Gomez, Boyce, Beausejour, Stam, Figueroa

Cheick Tiote to be shown a card 5/4

Would take Gary Caldwell too only betfair have no price for him

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement