Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football Tips Thread v3

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭squirrelohara

Newcatle have only score 4 home goals in 5 games
    Wigan have only scored 2 away goals in 5 games

Hoping this one will be low scoring so I'm taking under 1.5 at 9/4

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

Gomez Anytime @ 5.00 looks big to me...

He recently scored a hattrick, and seems to be on form.

He has only been on the pitch 438 minutes this season and has scored three goals. Kone has been on the pitch 1193 minutes and only score 5

Kone = 1 Goal every 298 minutes
    Gomez = 1 goal every 146 minnutes

...will put €10 of that. I trust in the power of mathematics!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

tinodz wrote: »
    Gomez Anytime @ 5.00 looks big to me...

He recently scored a hattrick, and seems to be on form.

He has only been on the pitch 438 minutes this season and has scored three goals. Kone has been on the pitch 1193 minutes and only score 5

Kone = 1 Goal every 298 minutes
    Gomez = 1 goal every 146 minnutes

...will put €10 of that. I trust in the power of mathematics!

****ING OFF AFTER 20 MINUTES :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Matt_Trakker

Wigan have drew all away first halves this season
    First half draw is 2.20 on Bet365

feck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭squirrelohara

Newcatle have only score 4 home goals in 5 games
    Wigan have only scored 2 away goals in 5 games

Hoping this one will be low scoring so I'm taking under 1.5 at 9/4

That put me in my place fairly quickly:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Stuck Cone

i got newcastle win at a tasty 2.00 earlier, keep it up you ZULU WARRIORS!!

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Falconno4

Stuck Cone wrote: »

Post the slip ?

Falconno4 wrote: »
    Post the slip ?

cannae be arhsed, it was betfred at lunchtime though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

Aftertiming much???? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Avfctom

Avfctom wrote: »
    Im going for

Cheltenham win
    Sevilla win

50 just under 2/1

Newcastle to win demba ba anytime 7/4 £20

Are u havin a laugh sevilla 2-0 down after 12 minutes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Wftablueboy

03.12.2012 20:34 228/249 1.00 W Singles Newcastle v Wigan : Total Goals (U/O 3.5) Under 3.5 13/8 Open Open 3.00
    Newcastle v Wigan : Player To Score The 3rd Goal Papiss Cisse 5/1 Open
    Newcastle v Wigan : Player To Score The 3rd Goal Jonas Gutierrez 20/1 Open
    03.12.2012 19:20 227/248 4.50 W Single Newcastle v Wigan : Booking Points Over 46 6/4 Open Open 4.50
    03.12.2012 19:12 226/247 0.50 W R Exacta Parx Racing : Race 5 3 Black Bullet DIV Lost Lost 1.00 0.00
    Parx Racing : Race 5 5 I'm Broke DIV Lost
    03.12.2012 19:02 225/246 0.50 W S Exacta Finger Lakes : Race 5 9 Playbigorgohome DIV Lost Lost 0.50 0.00
    Finger Lakes : Race 5 2 That's for Sure DIV 1st
    03.12.2012 16:45 224/245 11.00 W Single Newcastle v Wigan : Total Goals (U/O 3.5) Over 3.5 2/1 Open Open 11.00
    03.12.2012 16:42 223/244 3.00 W Singles Newcastle v Wigan : Double Result Newcastle/Draw 16/1 Open Open 9.00
    Newcastle v Wigan : To Score A Hattrick Demba Ba 20/1 Open
    Newcastle v Wigan : To Score A Hattrick Papiss Cisse 33/1 Open
    03.12.2012 16:39 222/243 30.00 W Single Newcastle v Wigan : Match Betting Newcastle EVS Open Open 30.00
    Have a few bets running Demba Ba hat trick would be nice

03.12.2012 20:34 228/249 1.00 W Singles Newcastle v Wigan : Total Goals (U/O 3.5) Under 3.5 13/8 Open Open 3.00
    Newcastle v Wigan : Player To Score The 3rd Goal Papiss Cisse 5/1 Open
    Newcastle v Wigan : Player To Score The 3rd Goal Jonas Gutierrez 20/1 Open
    03.12.2012 19:20 227/248 4.50 W Single Newcastle v Wigan : Booking Points Over 46 6/4 Open Open 4.50
    03.12.2012 19:12 226/247 0.50 W R Exacta Parx Racing : Race 5 3 Black Bullet DIV Lost Lost 1.00 0.00
    Parx Racing : Race 5 5 I'm Broke DIV Lost
    03.12.2012 19:02 225/246 0.50 W S Exacta Finger Lakes : Race 5 9 Playbigorgohome DIV Lost Lost 0.50 0.00
    Finger Lakes : Race 5 2 That's for Sure DIV 1st
    03.12.2012 16:45 224/245 11.00 W Single Newcastle v Wigan : Total Goals (U/O 3.5) Over 3.5 2/1 Open Open 11.00
    03.12.2012 16:42 223/244 3.00 W Singles Newcastle v Wigan : Double Result Newcastle/Draw 16/1 Open Open 9.00
    Newcastle v Wigan : To Score A Hattrick Demba Ba 20/1 Open
    Newcastle v Wigan : To Score A Hattrick Papiss Cisse 33/1 Open
    03.12.2012 16:39 222/243 30.00 W Single Newcastle v Wigan : Match Betting Newcastle EVS Open Open 30.00
    Have a few bets running Demba Ba hat trick would be nice

couldne give a fúck as long as they win :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

FatRat wrote: »
    Newcastle to win and BTTS at around 4/1. Don't know why but I think Newcastle will win this despite recent form against them. Wigan are poor but can score. But they really have a dire defence that makes plenty of mistakes. They love giving away penalties too, 3/1 for a penalty to be awarded doesn't look too bad either.

Only a small stake because of the odds. A punt really simply because I expect a change in form from them tonight.

era yeah.... of course they get a penalty but I'm too pussy to bet on it :( And Newcastle probably won't concede now since they're up against 10! Brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 54,282 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

question is it head to heads or GD in the CL tomorrow?

Im looking at the real madrid match tomorrow and im thinking they need goals to get that 1st spot and hope dortmund **** up

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Its head to head
    Then Goal Difference
    Then Goals scored that determine it now, they're 2nd regardless.

BBC put together a nice round up :
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20210064

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Not a lot to get excited about in the CL 2mrw a lot of dead rubber games I'd be wary of backing any teams that have it sewn up

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

The bet of the night surely has to be Over 2 draws @ 6/4 with BetVictor. Each one of these games could be a draw and with so little to play for in most of the games I can see a lot of the favourites settling for a point instead of killin themselves trying to win.

30 euro stake.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

The bet of the night surely has to be Over 2 draws @ 6/4 with BetVictor. Each one of these games could be a draw and with so little to play for in most of the games I can see a lot of the favourites settling for a point instead of killin themselves trying to win.

30 euro stake.

Great spot! Il defo be having some of this, tempted to put a good bit on it aswell.
    Main bet though for champo league this week is.....
    Celtic win 4/7
    Cluj +3 1/6
    DOUBLE @ 0.83

Reasoning: Must win game for Celtic, not impossible for Benfica to do a Celtic themselves and park the bus and get a draw in the Nou Camp.
    Celtic park is one of the hardest placest to go in Europe and Celtic have been brilliant in Europe this season. With the SPL a stroll in the park they know full well a great season relys on them getting to the last 16 of this competition. Spartak have nothing to play for, have been getting trounced domestically shipping 10 goals in there last 3 games.

Cluj +3 1/6 is actually value. They are 1/9 +3 b365. United have been 'doing enough' lately in games winning by 1 goal even to teams youd expect them to beat comfortably and with United resting a lot they could struggle against a determined Cluj, still expect United to nick it by 1 maybe 2 if Cluj go down a man or something:rolleyes:. Cluj still have a chance of qualifying and at the very least a great chance of getting 3rd for the Europa(which for a Romanian club is still a big comp). I think they rested nearly there whole team in there last league game and this game is worth a fortune to them.

€80 Returns €146(I might put more on this depending how tommorow goes)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Shane St. wrote: »
    Not a lot to get excited about in the CL 2mrw a lot of dead rubber games I'd be wary of backing any teams that have it sewn up

Backing against Dortmund is the bet of the night for me. I think they're far too short at around evens given that they've already topped the group. They more than likely will be playing a much weakened side and Mancini has said City will try to win to progress into the EL. Their European coefficient will take a hit otherwise and they risk getting another ridiculously hard group next season.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Mixed thoughts about Real - Ajax.

Real has nothing to play for and will go without most of their usual back line.
    No Casillas in goal, no Xabi Alonso and Sergio Ramos since those 2 are on 1 yellow card and will not be risked.
    Dont think Real will be overly concerned about the next match in La Liga, away to Valladolid, to rest the entire first team though.

Normally i wouldnt even give Ajax a glimmer of hope but they have an extra motivation to do well.
    The EL final is being played on their homeground and the last time a Dutch team organised the final on their home ground, they won it (Feyenoord in 2002, in the days that the big teams actually did give a **** about the UEFA cup)

Of importance will be what will happen in Dortmund.
    Reports i have read say Dortmund will possible not play with Lewandowski, Bender and Piszczek while Subotic is out with injury.

Think i ll lay Real on Betfair and see what the line ups will be and wait and see what happens early on in these matches..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Blatter wrote: »
    Backing against Dortmund is the bet of the night for me. I think they're far too short at around evens given that they've already topped the group. They more than likely will be playing a much weakened side and Mancini has said City will try to win to progress into the EL. Their European coefficient will take a hit otherwise and they risk getting another ridiculously hard group next season.

I like Dortmund to win outright. City have a rather big game at the weekend and no matter what Mancini says in the press conferences one eye will be on that knowing that United will be resting ALL their big guns having already won their group.

Ajax could very well beat Real. I like infoforfun's reasoning on it. Lay Real with a view to get out if Ajax score first. Ajax have improved as the competition has progressed.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

cannae be arhsed, it was betfred at lunchtime though

Banned.

___

Side note - but can people stop commenting on in play bets in this thread! Newbies doing it is one thing. Anyone with 25 points at least in this forum have no excuse.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

While I hope BVB beat City obviously. Anyone putting money on a Mancini team in Europe(!) and on the road in arguably the most intimidating stadiums in world football is asking for a beatdown tbh.. figuratively of course :) I wouldn't trust them even with a weaker team from us which I expect it to be.

No play for me.

Whats your thoughts on PSG lass with them needing a win to finish top can they be trusted they have played well at home in the champs league but porto are a good side tempted to back them at 6/5 and the ibra wincast

Right can someone answer me this want to make sure im right

If shaktar and juventus draw then it will require chelsea to win by 6+ goals to qualify i think the gqme will draw if this is correct im gonna have some bets on chelsea handicap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Matt_Trakker

If shaktar and juventus draw then it will require chelsea to win by 6+ goals to qualify i think the gqme will draw if this is correct im gonna have some bets on chelsea handicap

It's like they said on the guardian podcast..........
    "An Italian team (whose manager is banned for not reporting match-fixing) is playing an Eastern European team and both team needs a draw"
    Fat-fookin-chance this not being a boring 0-0 or 1-1 draw :D

Nope doesnt matter what Chelsea win by if the other game is a draw Chelsea are out on head to head against Juventus.

Nope doesnt matter what Chelsea win by if the other game is a draw Chelsea are out on head to head against Juventus.

Ah there out then

Ah there out then

Probably Shaktar are quite good though. Wouldnt surprise me if they went at Juventus in the opening half

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

PP have a special...

"All 16 teams to score in tonight’s Champions League matches" - 50/1

What do people think?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement