Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football Tips Thread v3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

ConorCBS wrote: »
    Get in!

:pac:

Great bet!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

I'm taking the draw in Shakhtar vs Juventus @ 1.83

I trust the bookies :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

The bet of the night surely has to be Over 2 draws @ 6/4 with BetVictor. Each one of these games could be a draw and with so little to play for in most of the games I can see a lot of the favourites settling for a point instead of killin themselves trying to win.

30 euro stake.

YESSSSSSSS Zagreb equalise in 94th minte!!!!!!:D:D
    Thought it would come in easier than that around halftime 5 out of 8 were draws.
    Great spot again

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

The bet of the night surely has to be Over 2 draws @ 6/4 with BetVictor. Each one of these games could be a draw and with so little to play for in most of the games I can see a lot of the favourites settling for a point instead of killin themselves trying to win.

30 euro stake.

95th/96th min penalty give Zagreb their 1st goal of the competition and gives me my 3rd draw :D:D:D

I don't think I've ever been so happy to win a bet as I was sure it was dead :o

Hope someone else got on!

Edit: Just got there before me!! Glad you won something too :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Blargh, that goal meant it was 14/16 teams scored. So close :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Blargh, that goal meant it was 14/16 teams scored. So close :(

Don't know about City but by all accounts if Milan had have bothered at all they should've scored :rolleyes: , a few missed chances.. Zenit are poor at the back

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Anything standing out 2mrw?
    I think I'm going to do Rooney wincast 6/4. Going by Fergie's comments he will start the game and as any Utd fan will tell you he always scores in spurts so I'd expect him to score after netting two at the weekend.
    I know Utd are top of the group and have nothing to play for regards points but SAF won't want to go into the Derby on a defeat and a mix of fringe players should still be enough to see of Cluj at Old Trafford

Willian anytime goalscorer is 11/4.... Decent price for a player with 4 goals in his last 2 Cl games

Also Alan for Braga has scored in Braga's last 4 CL games including 2 against Utd and he's 5/2 ATG... great value get on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Rekop dog wrote: »
    Milan going weak tonight with nothing to play for. Lumping Zenit DNB.

Nice win

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

Meh
    Rekop dog wrote: »
    Nice win

Class stuff..... For anyone who will be up before 9 am. Back goals in the Myanmar U19 v India U19s womens asian championship match. 17 shipped in their last two games India 10-0 to Vietnam and 7-0 Chinese Tapei. Myanmar are arguably better than those two sides beating Vietnam 2-1 and drawing with Chinese Tapei 1-1 so It wouldn't be a surprise if they hit double figures after drawing their last match

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

PP have a special...

"All 16 teams to score in tonight’s Champions League matches" - 50/1

What do people think?

Worth €20 if you ask me :D

Bet placed.

So close! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭JonnyM

Barca 1/2 with PP at the minute. Even though they may put a weakened side out surely any Barca team can beat Benfica at home

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

Messi will start amongst a host of Barca B players,Iniesta,Xavi are out as far as i know. I recall them beating a team 5-0 in the last group game last year with a second string xi,they wont want to lose their long unbeaten run at home in europe..,it should be good value,benfica are no mugs though and have alot of incentive on winning, its worth waiting for the Barca team 1st

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭JonnyM

any other good value bets out there for tonights CL??

Strange odds movements in the Lille vs Valencia game, Valencia started as favourites @ 2.20 now they're outsiders @ 2.80... I guess Lille can't choke this time since they have nothing to play for...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Is it confirmed Messi is starting then? Tempted by a Messi Wincast at 8/11

Also, PP are doing their "All 16 Teams to Score" again tonight at 100/1 this time. Threw the last 44c in my account on it since it came so close last night :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Also, PP are doing their "All 16 Teams to Score" again tonight at 100/1 this time. Threw the last 44c in my account on it since it came so close last night :P

They really are some chancers, accum of all teams to score comes to 102/1 on PP and 115/1 on B365.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 GiroudSomeMawn

In an otherwise sparse betting evening, one real opportunity has presented itself.

It's not often (excluding v Real) that one gets the chance to back Barca at > 1.5 at home and for me, this opportunity must be taken, similar to Real at 1.35 last night. Much of the accepted and widely held sentiment (bookmakers and punters alike) seems to suggest a weak side from Barca, wait til you see the teams as they've qualified already etc, but before stating this type of cliche, the 18 man squad must be closely examined along with Vilanova's thoughts on the game.

The line up I project for tonight is below, and expect the price to fall at 6.45pm once team news filters through to the markets as per Real last night. Tito will be keen to play Pique and Puyol back to fitness and minimum of 1 of this pair will start, also note that Busquets is in the squad and could play at Sergi R's expense.

Valdez (Pinto) Adriano, Pique, Puyol, Montoya Song, Thiago Alcantra, Sergi Roberto Tello, Messi, Villa

Benfica haven't impressed against Celtic x2 and Barca on matchday 2, and if they go chasing the game, which they will need to do assuming Celtic can stay level with Spartak, they will be exposed, playing into Barca's hands. Should be a wide open and exciting game.

Tempted for a -1 here, but a decent sized single instead, with Messi to get ever closer to Gerd Muller's record.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

In an otherwise sparse betting evening, one real opportunity has presented itself.

It's not often (excluding v Real) that one gets the chance to back Barca at > 1.5 at home and for me, this opportunity must be taken, similar to Real at 1.35 last night. Much of the accepted and widely held sentiment (bookmakers and punters alike) seems to suggest a weak side from Barca, wait til you see the teams as they've qualified already etc, but before stating this type of cliche, the 18 man squad must be closely examined along with Vilanova's thoughts on the game.

The line up I project for tonight is below, and expect the price to fall at 6.45pm once team news filters through to the markets as per Real last night. Tito will be keen to play Pique and Puyol back to fitness and minimum of 1 of this pair will start, also note that Busquets is in the squad and could play at Sergi R's expense.

Valdez (Pinto) Adriano, Pique, Puyol, Montoya Song, Thiago Alcantra, Sergi Roberto Tello, Messi, Villa

Benfica haven't impressed against Celtic x2 and Barca on matchday 2, and if they go chasing the game, which they will need to do assuming Celtic can stay level with Spartak, they will be exposed, playing into Barca's hands. Should be a wide open and exciting game.

Tempted for a -1 here, but a decent sized single instead, with Messi to get ever closer to Gerd Muller's record.

Why would Benfica need to chase the game, not from the off anyway? Unless Celtic get ahead against Spartak all Benfica need is a draw to get through.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 GiroudSomeMawn

In terms of chasing, point taken, but I'm assuming, 1 of 2 things will happen, Celtic or Barca take a 1st half / pre 60 min lead. Highly likely IMO. Even If this doesn't happen, Id still stand by barca at 1/2 with their likely XI. Good luck with whatever you go for in any case.

Quote=The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman;82084782]

Why would Benfica need to chase the game, not from the off anyway? Unless Celtic get ahead against Spartak all Benfica need is a draw to get through.[/Quote]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭elefant

Strange odds movements in the Lille vs Valencia game, Valencia started as favourites @ 2.20 now they're outsiders @ 2.80... I guess Lille can't choke this time since they have nothing to play for...

I'll definitely be having a look at this later... Valencia have a new coach since last weekend (previously new coaches have leed to huge short-term improvements in Valencia's results for both the A side and the reserves) and Lille have been atrocious thus far in the CL.

If Valencia play the bigger guns (Banega, Gago, Feghouli and Soldado in particular) I'll be backing them to win.

In terms of chasing, point taken, but I'm assuming, 1 of 2 things will happen, Celtic or Barca take a 1st half / pre 60 min lead. Highly likely IMO. Even If this doesn't happen, Id still stand by barca at 1/2 with their likely XI. Good luck with whatever you go for in any case.

QUOTE]

Benfica are a decent team but your right on barca's 2nd string mix in a few first teamers and they are tough to play against. But Celtic managed a result at home and almost away. I'd be wary of backing Barca in a meaningless game.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭netnerd

Banco Di Sardegna Sassari to beat Cajasol tonight @ 2.75ish (2.62 with PP) in ULEB basketball.

I know this is not football, but it won't be seen in other forums. I have no further information, other than its a 10/10 bet.

JonnyM wrote: »
    any other good value bets out there for tonights CL??
    Alan anytime goalscorer 23/10 still... 5 goals in his last 4 CL games

I like Galatasaray to beat Braga big price as well 2.82

Bayern Munich -2 at 1.87 and -3 at 2.9 considering Bate embarressed Bayern in Bate there may be some revenge exacted tonight.

elefant wrote: »
    I'll definitely be having a look at this later... Valencia have a new coach since last weekend (previously new coaches have leed to huge short-term improvements in Valencia's results for both the A side and the reserves) and Lille have been atrocious thus far in the CL.

If Valencia play the bigger guns (Banega, Gago, Feghouli and Soldado in particular) I'll be backing them to win.

Soldado is suspended. Since Bayern will most likely beat BATE, Valencia are almost guaranteed to finish 2nd, so they might not be as motivated as Lille who know they prolly won't play in the CL again for a while. Plus Elana will prolly play instead of Landreau so it will be hard for Valencia to score.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Poor last night hopefully better luck tonight

Man Utd v CFR Cluj
    Man Utd to win not to Nil 21/10
    Man Utd have conceded in 11 of their last 12 games in all competitions

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Avfctom

Think wayne rooney has shown in recent weeks getting back to his best fancy a little bet on him as the prices are nice worth a small stake for fun

Rooney anytime evens
    Rooney 2 or more 9/2
    Rooney hat trick 25/1

Silly double really really low stake for fun lol

Rooney hat trick 25/1

Messi hat trick 6/1

Double
    Lol anyone gonna back that donkey for chelsea to score anytime the one and only fernando torres is a brilliant anytime scorer price tonight at 1/5 lol doesn't he just fill u with confidence

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭BBoyle88

Really fancy under 2.5 goals in the celtic game tonight.

Barca only scored 1 and benfica failed to score at Celtic Park and I fancy Spartak to just keep it tight, they are not going to go all guns blazing here when they have nothing to play for.

Should be a nervy night in Glasgow and I can easily see a second scoreless draw at home or 1-0.

I dont believe celtic have to quality to break teams down but they are dangerous from set-pieces.

It wont be pretty

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Shakhtar - Juve:

Probably will put a few euro on HT/FT: draw/draw, Home/draw and Away/draw for ****s and giggles.

And on 1-1 correct score.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement