Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football Tips Thread v3

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

seanhynes wrote: »
    all the sources said hed start on twitter and anything i read throughout the day was about this european goal record he was playing to break gerd mullers european tally. it was a good bet 'if' he played the 90mins. he has played near every game for barca for the past year and a half barring i think the cup match last week,its just a rotten situation

Not wanting to kick a man while hes down but never rely on Twitter for ANYTHING.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭clickerquicklic

forget about it,dont wanna hear anymore its just pissing me off more. the fact is decent bookies to there customers like bet365/pp will as a goodwill gesture void a bet in those circumstances. som1 on here had messi wincast voided by pp ,i read a page r two back. its easy money taken by gangster bookies. end of story,its ****,life goes on

It is unfortunate that you lost the money . But what they did was right , lets say you backed Messi at 4/7 at coral and layed him straight away at 4/7 anytime on Betfair , Messi doesn't start so you mail coral and they cancel your bet , you now go back to Betfair and can lay out of your bet at close to evens guaranteeing a profit , thats why bookies can't cancel these bets , they would be abused constantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭rossit

leave the man alone he lost , thats a pity we all want to see the punter win. lets get on to winning bets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭clickerquicklic

I just backed Shelvey anytime at coral 4.33 against West Ham , its a gamble im going to take because Suarez is out I think he may start as lone striker.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

100% don't deserve your money back in that spot.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

yes theres prices up, djurdjic is 11/5 anytime,16s for a brace,80s hatrick

Worth it imo.
    That is the 4th choice GK and he will definitely play tonight.
    1st and 3rd choice GK are injured, 2nd choice will not be risked because of the PSV away match this Sunday.

That said, i know nothing about availability/injuries as it comes to helsingborg. Only that they had a friendly last week to keep fitness i suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Avfctom

keane2097 wrote: »
    100% don't deserve your money back in that spot.

No reason to rub it in take delight that he lost

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Avfctom wrote: »

Yeah its amazing the amount of lads here who appear to be rubbing it in.

Sean just work on getting it back from the F***ers, what betting company was it again? Coral?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

That is why you better leave out the stake you put on a bet.
    Some people get off on seeing people lose money. Pathetic but true.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Avfctom wrote: »
    Yeah its amazing the amount of lads here who appear to be rubbing it in.

Sean just work on getting it back from the F***ers, what betting company was it again? Coral?

It's better for everyone if it's made clear when a punter can reasonably expect to have a bet voided. A guy ranting about a perfectly correct decision by a bookmaker gives a false impression about what consumer expectation ought to be and doesn't really do anyone any favours.

FWIW just last week I double-bet a selection on Coral due to an issue with my web browser, sent them an email about it and had it insta-voided. Looking for a void because you gambled on team news and got it wrong is a joke.

Anybody reading this thread shouldn't be misled into thinking Coral are a bad book because of blatant angle-shooting by a punter.
    Dear [removed],

Thank you for your message.

Please be advised that as requested we have voided one of the duplicate bets and returned your stake to your balance.

If you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact either myself or one of the Coral team.

Kind Regards
    Samantha
    Coral Customer Services
    Hi,

My username is [removed].

I accidentally placed a bet twice after having an issue with my browser. The bet was a [removed]. If you check my account history you'll see I placed this bet twice with a timestamp of 21/11/2012 22:06PM.

I'm just wondering if I can get one of the bets voided, and keep just one if possible?

Thanks

• Advertisement

Tonight

Fancy Bordeaux strongly and am thinking of taking a little on Lazio moneyline as well. Will bet on Basle +1 as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭netnerd

very sharp money on the HT/FT flip in the Partizan-Rubin match. Unfortunately these people are backing both (Rubin HT/Partizan FT & Partizan HT/Rubin FT), so hard to nail it down.

At 40.0 each outcome, however, it may be worth a small bet on each.

(I will update this message if I get any more concrete info before the match - as it stands, its a 1/10 bet on each for me)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

just forget about posting on it,im sorry i mentioned it now in the first place,its gone now todays another day. This is a tips forum so keep them flowing

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Higgytash

Anyone betting on the Liverpool game later???

Whats the story with the odds how are Udinese 3/1 at home to average Liverpool squad, cant get me head around the odds!!

Will Udinese qualify with a win so long as Anzhi win??

Ill wait for squads but surely 3/1 Udinese at home is worth the Punt, serious home record they only lost to Juve here this year and last year they only lost 2 games here to the 2 milan sides.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Tonight

Fancy Bordeaux strongly and am thinking of taking a little on Lazio moneyline as well. Will bet on Basle +1 as well.

Be careful, Bordeaux will be without Carrasso, Obraniak, Jussiê, Trémoulinas, Mariano, Gouffran, Plasil et Henrique (basically all their best players)and their coach said he doesn't care whether they finish 1st or 2nd.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

I've gone for Under 3.5 in Sanfrecce Hiroshima vs Auckland @ 1.62

Auckland are an amateur team but they usually don't get thrashed in the Fifa club world cup, last year they also played against a Japanese team and only lost 2-0, their biggest defeat in this competition was 3-0.
    Hiroshima's coach sounds pretty cocky: "Auckland City have the experience [in the CWC], but I think their country only has an amateur league," he said in a Tuesday press conference. "They have a few professional players, but we'll show them how the game is played at the J-League's level." Hopefully they underestimate the New Zealander amateurs.

FT 1-0 :)
    so much for teaching a bunch of part timers "how the game is played at the J-Leagues level" :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Videoton need goals and a win for any chance of qualification tonight,

Very small bet on Videoton win and over 2.5 match goals @ 8.50

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

hard to score when theres a big bus parked infront of the goal! the Sanfreece goal was a bullet too,35 yards out unstoppable strike into the top corner. They would have been going to ET without it coz they couldnt break them down otherwise

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

Looking at Genk v Basle tonight...

Genk are already through to the next round, but to top their group they need a Draw - Basle also need a Draw or better to progress to the next round. Basle could top the group - but need a big win against Genk, but they cannot afford to lose, as they could give Videoton a chance to qualify if they fail to at least Draw.

Seems like it has the makings ig a tight game -

Draw is available @ 2.50 loads of places
    0-0 on Paddy @ 9.00

A draw does not guarantee Basel, videoton can get them with 4 goals

• Advertisement

no they cant, head to head Basel go through on away goals and in relation to topping the group if Basle win they top they group on head to head.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Higgytash wrote: »
    Anyone betting on the Liverpool game later???

Whats the story with the odds how are Udinese 3/1 at home to average Liverpool squad, cant get me head around the odds!!

Will Udinese qualify with a win so long as Anzhi win??

Ill wait for squads but surely 3/1 Udinese at home is worth the Punt, serious home record they only lost to Juve here this year and last year they only lost 2 games here to the 2 milan sides.

Udinese can't qualify for the next round and rumoured to be play a second string side. Liverpool need to win to make sure of qualification and are rumoured to be playing a strong side. Suarez is usually rested and hasn't started games in this competition but after picking up another yellow at the weekend he's suspended for the premiership game so will definitely be starting tonight.

Opr

Never took that into consideration... :o

Although Videoton have never scored 4 goals in Europa ever, and Sporting have never lost by 4 either, ever. That would definitely be a shock result.

no they cant, head to head Basel go through on away goals and in relation to topping the group if Basle win they top they group on head to head.

God, I am confused now :pac:

Away goals is the 4th criteria, goal difference is 2nd.
    7.05 If two or more teams are equal on points on completion of all the group
    matches, the following criteria are applied to determine the rankings (in
    descending order):
    a) higher number of points obtained in the group matches played among the
    teams in question;
    b) superior goal difference from the group matches played among the teams
    in question;
    c) higher number of goals scored in the group matches played among the
    teams in question;
    d) higher number of goals scored away from home in the group matches
    played among the teams in question;
    e) if, after having applied criteria a) to d), two teams still have an equal
    ranking, criteria a) to d) are reapplied exclusively to the matches between
    the two teams in question to determine their final rankings. If this
    procedure does not lead to a decision, criteria f) to h) apply;
    f) superior goal difference from all group matches played;
    g) higher number of goals scored from all group matches played;
    h) higher number of coefficient points accumulated by the club in question,
    as well as its association, over the previous five seasons (see
    paragraph 9.03).

Edit, away goals will kick in as they're level on goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

tinodz wrote: »
    Looking at Genk v Basle tonight...

Genk are already through to the next round, but to top their group they need a Draw - Basle also need a Draw or better to progress to the next round. Basle could top the group - but need a big win against Genk, but they cannot afford to lose, as they could give Videoton a chance to qualify if they fail to at least Draw.

Seems like it has the makings ig a tight game -

Draw is available @ 2.50 loads of places
    0-0 on Paddy @ 9.00

Seen that too, all over the draw here too. Can't see Videoton getting a result.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭BettorAssist

Any interest in the BTTS market this weekend in the Arsenal v West Brom match @ 1.83?

Away goals is the 4th criteria, goal difference is 2nd.

Edit, away goals will kick in as they're level on goals.

Yep sorry for the short reply meant to be more expansive, I'm a little snowed under here but had done the research early this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭ConorCBS

Strong Liverpool XI: Reina, Johnson Carragher Skrtel Enrique, Allen Sahin Henderson, Sterling Suarez Suso.

Taking the following treble:

Liverpool to beat Udinese @1.95.
    Partizan Belgrade vs. Rubin Kazan - BTTS @1.66.
    Dnipro Dnjepropetrovsk to beat AIK Stockholm @1.36.

All to win @4.40.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,282 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Suarez anytime score 11/10

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement