Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football Tips Thread v3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,282 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Headshot wrote: »
    Tottenham v Panathinaikos

spurs win and over 2.5 goals @11/10

GTFI

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

tinodz wrote: »
    Looking at Genk v Basle tonight...

Genk are already through to the next round, but to top their group they need a Draw - Basle also need a Draw or better to progress to the next round. Basle could top the group - but need a big win against Genk, but they cannot afford to lose, as they could give Videoton a chance to qualify if they fail to at least Draw.

Seems like it has the makings ig a tight game -

Draw is available @ 2.50 loads of places
    0-0 on Paddy @ 9.00

Wb6tz.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭ConorCBS

tinodz wrote: »
    Wb6tz.gif

Basel just passed it around the back for the last few minutes with no pressure at all from Genk. Love that. Wasn't involved pre-match but got on the draw when my winnings were returned. :pac:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

inforfun wrote: »
    Twente line up looks seriously weak but they play Helsingborg so they might get away with it.

Durdic of Helsingborg might be worth a little bet. Scored 10 in 11 in the Swedish league, 3 in 5 EL games and scored both Helsingborg goals the first time they met (2-2).
    No idea if there are gs markets up though, no access to betting sites

Djurdjic scoring in the 6th minute so had high hopes for at least another.
    Had bets on any time,2 or more and the hat trick @3/15/81

Just the one goal for him from 3 helsingborg goals :(

And in other news, i ll be wearing a Sporting kit tomorrow

layrn.jpg

ConorCBS wrote: »
    Basel just passed it around the back for the last few minutes with no pressure at all from Genk. Love that. Wasn't involved pre-match but got on the draw when my winnings were returned. :pac:

There was a few moments in the match for both teams to score, but overall it was a boring game. I think once it for to 80' both teams gave up :)

I agree that the last few minutes w;ere almost laughable!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭MattHelders

Tranmere 10/11 at home to Pompey this weekend.

Any reason for this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭squirrelohara

Im taking paddys enhanced special tonight.
    Liverpool, Tottenham & Inter Milan to win @ 3/1
    AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

infor thoughts on Heracles v FC Utrecht tomorrow?

Im liking the home team

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Thoughts on Hamburg home to Hoff tommorow?

Evs looks good for Hamburg if they have a full team

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭AidySevenfold

Im liking the home team

Think it's a tight game myself Headshot. Might chance over 2.5 for this. Heracles have been involved in 2 big wins and 2 big draws at home this year.
    Must be said though that Heracles have only lost 1 at home all season.

Strongly fancy Hamburg @ EVENS tomorrow night. Should beat a poor Hoffenheim team and they have also defeated Dortmund, Hannover, Mainz and Schalke at the Imtech Arena this year. Thinking of going pretty big on them at EVENS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Donerkebab

Thinking of this treble for the weekend:

Chelsea 4/5 Came out guns blazing at the during the week raking in 6 goals. Both are struggling but im thinking Chelsea.

Middlesbrough 21/20 A team fighting for survival versus one fighting for promotion. Peterborough have sustained heavy loses at home and are in a poor run of form.

Tranmere 10/11 Not the best of form the last few weeks but i think they should get back to winning ways against a struggling Portsmouth.

What do ye reckon?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,858 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

one for the weekend that might be worth a punt

kilmarnock home to celtic 9/1 (pp best on that)
    double chance 23/10, i've had a decent bet on that one

after their last 3 champions league matches they haven't
    fared too well
    this has to be worth a punt when they actually beat
    celtic away and now killie are available at 9s at home
    Looking at past odds i see killie were 12s and thistle were 12s when
    they beat celtic

Barcelona 2 – 1 23 October 2012
    Celtic 0 - 2 Kilmarnock 27 Oct 12
    Celtic 2 – 1 Barcelona 7th nov
    11 Nov 12 Celtic 1 - 1 St. Johnstone
    Benfica 2 – 1 Celtic 20 November 2012
    24 Nov 12 Celtic 0 - 1 Inverness CT
    Celtic 2 – 1 Spartak Moscow 5 December 2012
    08 dec kilmarnock v celtic ???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Avfctom

mailburner wrote: »

fared too well
    they beat celtic

I am tempted myself only thing putting me off is after qualifying they will be on a real high and could rip them apart with no distraction til after christmas but at those odds worth a small stake

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Avfctom

Think it's a tight game myself Headshot. Might chance over 2.5 for this. Heracles have been involved in 2 big wins and 2 big draws at home this year.
    Must be said though that Heracles have only lost 1 at home all season.

Strongly fancy Hamburg @ EVENS tomorrow night. Should beat a poor Hoffenheim team and they have also defeated Dortmund, Hannover, Mainz and Schalke at the Imtech Arena this year. Thinking of going pretty big on them at EVENS.

Think hamburg are a great price iv doubled them up with cardiff to beat blackburn

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

wow... Landreau has decided to break his contract and leave Lille immediately :eek: Great news betting-wise though as it means Elana will now be Lille's 1st choice keeper. I'm gonna take Lille to keep a clean sheet every week!

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭BBoyle88

Thoughts on Hamburg home to Hoff tommorow?

Evs looks good for Hamburg if they have a full team

Vdv and Son (their 2 best players) have been injured recently and they're toothless without them, check team news

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Higgytash

Heracles V Uterecht (Dutch Eredivisie 7pm)

OVER 2.5 GOALS @4/9.
    This looks a serious shout for over 2.5 goals, Heracles at home are unreal for goals lately, they average 3 goals per home game. They have played 15 league games and them 15 games have seen over 60 goals either for or against! In heracles last 3 games at home the scored 5,6 and 3 against Ajax.
    Uterecht had a serious away record up until their last 2 games where they failed to score but before that on the road they managed to score 13 in 6 and have conceded in all but 1 away games this year (the only team that failed to score when visiting Uterecht was bottom side Rodja who have very poor goals tally)
    I can see Heracles near beating the over 2.5 goals them selves here.
    Last season the 2 games between these both went over the 2.5 mark with 4 going in both.

Tolouse V Bastia (French Div 1 7:45pm)

TOLOUSE TO SCORE 2 OR MORE TEAM GOALS @4/6
    Tolouse at home have averaged over 2 per game, they face a poor enough Bastia team who haven't won in 7 games and on average away from home conceded nearly 3 per game. Bastia this year have conceded bucket loads and have the worst defensive record in the league.
    Tolouse also have Ben Yedder who is the leagues 3rd top scorer not too far behind Zlatan he has 9 in 12 starts 7 of these have been first goals so I can definitely see him scoring here with Bastias defensive record and might also back him to score first @4's or Anytime @Evens in a single.

Blackburn V Cardiff

BOTH TEAMS TO SCORE @4/7
    Cardiff have a deadly goals tally this year think they have scored in every game this year barring 1 at the start of season. They have been playing great football lately and last 5 they won 4 and drew 1. Blackburn have poor record of late for a team looking to go straight back up aint looking good with 1 win from last 7 and conceding in each of these last 7. I cannot see Cardiff coming here and not at least getting 1 with the form they are on and the goals they have scored. Blackburn are good for a goal tonight them selves they usually get 1 at least at home and they should score at least one against Cardiff who have been shaky at the back this year away from home charlton got 5 at home to them forrest 3 palace 3 and bristol city 4

Going pretty big with 100 @3.9 for 390 returns with PP (Haven't checked other sites, they may be better).

Fairly confident about this bet. Tolouse 2 or more for me is an absolute banker, any Dutch game over 2.5 goals is usually nearly in by half time so should be pretty safe too.... For some reason feel really dodgy about BTTS in the Blackburn game, all the stats point to em both getting one but something telling me in the back of my mind leave that one out :confused: Last 5 friday games in championship have been good games with loads o goals and BTTS winning in each of the 5, seeing as its the only 1 of these games i'll be able to watch live i prob will end up sticking it in to make the game interesting :pac:

Im liking the home team

Heracles at home is never a bad shout, apart from when they play Barca maybe....
    Weather has been crap in Holland with quite some snow but this match will not be affected, artificial pitch. And that is also why Heracles at home is a good shout.

At the end of the afternoon i usually have a list of players missing for the weekend, last couple of games heracles have been without Gouriye (sp) and it seems he is rather important for them. Draw against Willem II and a loss against Groningen. bot away games.Also chipped in with 7 goals in 12 gams so far this season. i think he still will be out.

As it comes to over 2,5.... Check all the Friday games in the Dutch league of this season. Only 1 overs since august 10.

I hardly ever do unders because i hate them tbh but i took it a few times on the Friday eredivisie match. Of course the only time it went overs was one of those times :D

Utrecht is capable of keeping it tight so overs @4/7 .... i dont know.Straight home win i rate a safer bet than overs.

1 bet i like for the weekend is VVV Venlo - Vitesse >>> Vitesse to win and under 3,5 goals in the match @2.75 (last night)

Vitesse has won al matches away from home this season, all of them went under 3,5
    VVV, crap as they are, have tighten the defense in the last few weeks and have 3 under 2,5 matches in a row now. 1 of those was away to Ajax.

Edit: Be careful with making any bets on the Dutch matches today. Lots of snow falling, Telstar match is already off, probably more will follow.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Higgytash wrote: »
    Fairly confident about this bet. Tolouse 2 or more for me is an absolute banker

Be warned that Bastia have changed their tactic in their last game away to Lille, they switched from a very attacking tactic to parking the bus for 90 min and it worked... Lille only had 1 shot on target while Bastia had none. Bastia's coach said he's gonna try the same tactic today vs Toulouse. Toulouse have 2 important missings too: Capoue (def. mid.) and Abdennour (CB). Not saying they can't score 2+ goals against Bastia but it won't be very easy.

FC Emmen - SC Cambuur
    MVV - FC Volendam,
    Telstar - De Graafschap
    FC Den Bosch - FC Eindhoven
    Go Ahead Eagles - SC Veendam

All those are off for tonight. Dont tie up your money on them.

• Advertisement

Be warned that Bastia have changed their tactic in their last game away to Lille, they switched from a very attacking tactic to parking the bus for 90 min and it worked... Lille only had 1 shot on target while Bastia had none. Bastia's coach said he's gonna try the same tactic today vs Toulouse. Toulouse have 2 important missings too: Capoue (def. mid.) and Abdennour (CB). Not saying they can't score 2+ goals against Bastia but it won't be very easy.

Cheers wont be betting on it after all, unexpected big bill had to pay today :mad: and after you saying this its no where near risking 100... thanks for saving me much needed money :D

i believe most dutch games are now off as well or is that just second tier dutch games does anyone know??!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Albert Ze Meyong at 15/8 anytime goalscorer for me tonight, plays for Vitoria Setubal in Portugal, has 9 in 10 this season. They are away to Estoril, both teams are up and down so hopefully he does the business again for me.

:DHAIL HAIL:D

:pac:

After Celtics 6 Champions league games midweek and two previous Europe qualifiers they only won 3 of the following 7 league weekend games...

They lost home game to Inver, Drew away to Saint Johnston, lost to kilmarnock and drew to Hibs after playing midweek in the champions league this season.

Granted Kilmarnock are poor, but after the Barcelona loss 2-1 in camp neu Celtic that weekend lost to kilmarnock 2-0 in Park head. Which just so happen to be this weeks opponents.

This is obviously extremely dodgy but i reckon at 7/1 kilmarnock are worth a cheeky 10er. (Think I looked them up midweek and they were 9/1) Celtic didn't play well midweek but they were made work extremely hard for the win against Spartac and tomorrows game is a morning kick off. After the tiring game Wednesday night I reckon they will be still fairly drained come tomorrow morning, plus the euphoria of Wednesday night contrasted with playing away at Rugby Park to Kilmarnock a shock could be on the cards. (Think they only average 5 thousand fans per game here, this prob will be doubled against Celtic but will be still quite empty)

Obviously not worth more than 10 or 20 but at 7/1 i think they well worth the small punt.

They are 8s with Betfair.

Draw no bet @5's and double chance @2's also bets worth thinking about.

mailburner wrote: »

fared too well
    they beat celtic

SORRY MATE NEVER SAW THIS POST HA!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 TheBankerEdge

League: English Championship
    Match: Huddersfield v Bolton
    Selection: Both Teams To Score
    Bookmaker: Stan James
    Odds: 4/6

Odds: 4/7

Odds: 8/13

Odds: 4/9

Bookmaker: Ladbrokes
    Odds: 3/10

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭ConorCBS

Pandurii vs. Gaz Metan Medias

Pandurii Târgu Jiu sit 4th in the Romanian league and they host Gaz Metan Mediaş, who are just 4 points above the relegation zone. Pandurii are undefeated at home in the league this season, winning all but 2 of their matches. On the other hand, Gaz Metan Medias have a terrible away record, winning just 1 match all season, with losses in their last 5 away games.

€100 - Pandurii to win @1.57. (Ladbrokes)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,050 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Thinking Leicester and Palace tomorrow. Tough weekend of fixtures in England. Maybe Crawley

Odds rose on Heracles. I hate when that happens

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭AidySevenfold

Gone for a treble of Hamburg, Legia Warsaw and over 2.5 in Heracles/Utrecht for tonight.

Was gonna do a different bet but all the games i'd chosen in Dutch 2nd tier were postponed.

• Advertisement

Thinking forward to Sunday...

Rubén Castro Anytime Goalscorer @ 5.00 (on William Hill)

13 appearances, 8 goals this season
    Scored in 5 of the last 6 games (6 goals total)
    Last season, Castro score two goals against Barca in the same fixture. He scored one goal when playing at Camp Nou

Seems worth a decent bet IMO. 25/1 (on PP) to Score two or more. I'm doing smaller stakes on two or more though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement