Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football Tips Thread v3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭BettorAssist

It looks like everyone is on both teams to score in Blackburn v Cardiff.

Cardiff have two of their best defenders back after injury and they are likely to play tonight, Andrew Taylor and Ben Turner. Cardiff also had another first choice defender, Kevin McNaughton, out at the same time so their defence will be much better that their stats suggest so that it another reason not to base your bets solely on the league table goals for and against.

The vast majority of Blackburns goals have come away from home and their players put it down to opposition teams allowing them to play a counter attacking style of play that they are usually not afforded at home.

Hamburg went over 300 minutes without scoring in the Bundesliga without VDV on the pitch - He is crucial and expected to be out for the rest of 2012.

Basically buyer beware.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,858 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

mailburner wrote: »
    one for the weekend that might be worth a punt

kilmarnock home to celtic 9/1 (pp best on that)
    double chance 23/10,

now 7s on pp
    best at 15/2 and 2s dc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Higgytash wrote: »
    Heracles V Uterecht (Dutch Eredivisie 7pm)

OVER 2.5 GOALS @4/9.
    This looks a serious shout for over 2.5 goals, Heracles at home are unreal for goals lately, they average 3 goals per home game. They have played 15 league games and them 15 games have seen over 60 goals either for or against! In heracles last 3 games at home the scored 5,6 and 3 against Ajax.
    Uterecht had a serious away record up until their last 2 games where they failed to score but before that on the road they managed to score 13 in 6 and have conceded in all but 1 away games this year (the only team that failed to score when visiting Uterecht was bottom side Rodja who have very poor goals tally)
    I can see Heracles near beating the over 2.5 goals them selves here.
    Last season the 2 games between these both went over the 2.5 mark with 4 going in both.

Tolouse V Bastia (French Div 1 7:45pm)

TOLOUSE TO SCORE 2 OR MORE TEAM GOALS @4/6
    Tolouse at home have averaged over 2 per game, they face a poor enough Bastia team who haven't won in 7 games and on average away from home conceded nearly 3 per game. Bastia this year have conceded bucket loads and have the worst defensive record in the league.
    Tolouse also have Ben Yedder who is the leagues 3rd top scorer not too far behind Zlatan he has 9 in 12 starts 7 of these have been first goals so I can definitely see him scoring here with Bastias defensive record and might also back him to score first @4's or Anytime @Evens in a single.

Blackburn V Cardiff

BOTH TEAMS TO SCORE @4/7
    Cardiff have a deadly goals tally this year think they have scored in every game this year barring 1 at the start of season. They have been playing great football lately and last 5 they won 4 and drew 1. Blackburn have poor record of late for a team looking to go straight back up aint looking good with 1 win from last 7 and conceding in each of these last 7. I cannot see Cardiff coming here and not at least getting 1 with the form they are on and the goals they have scored. Blackburn are good for a goal tonight them selves they usually get 1 at least at home and they should score at least one against Cardiff who have been shaky at the back this year away from home charlton got 5 at home to them forrest 3 palace 3 and bristol city 4

Going pretty big with 100 @3.9 for 390 returns with PP (Haven't checked other sites, they may be better).

Fairly confident about this bet. Tolouse 2 or more for me is an absolute banker, any Dutch game over 2.5 goals is usually nearly in by half time so should be pretty safe too.... For some reason feel really dodgy about BTTS in the Blackburn game, all the stats point to em both getting one but something telling me in the back of my mind leave that one out :confused: Last 5 friday games in championship have been good games with loads o goals and BTTS winning in each of the 5, seeing as its the only 1 of these games i'll be able to watch live i prob will end up sticking it in to make the game interesting :pac:

Very detailed tip, great to see. Followed you with a 7/5 double (Sorry for the semi-aftertiming) where I left out the Tolouse game because I'm just not sure about it. Looking good so far with 2 early goals in the Netherlands and I hope it pulls through for you! Keep 'em coming

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

After last Friday, gonna take another nibble on the 0-0 in the Ligue 1 game tonight @ 17/2

Threw in a double of under 2.5 (4/5) in the same game and that Seria B team Sassuolo or something or another (8/11).

Both small stakes for interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

Cardiff to Score 2 or more goals in the match @ 2.20

...I just think they will, and they have the players to do it (big fan of Whittingham and Helguson). No more in-depth than that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Avfctom

Wtf besitkas concede two in last five minutes to fuk my bet

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Higgytash wrote: »
    Heracles V Uterecht (Dutch Eredivisie 7pm)

OVER 2.5 GOALS @4/9.
    This looks a serious shout for over 2.5 goals, Heracles at home are unreal for goals lately, they average 3 goals per home game. They have played 15 league games and them 15 games have seen over 60 goals either for or against! In heracles last 3 games at home the scored 5,6 and 3 against Ajax.
    Uterecht had a serious away record up until their last 2 games where they failed to score but before that on the road they managed to score 13 in 6 and have conceded in all but 1 away games this year (the only team that failed to score when visiting Uterecht was bottom side Rodja who have very poor goals tally)
    I can see Heracles near beating the over 2.5 goals them selves here.
    Last season the 2 games between these both went over the 2.5 mark with 4 going in both.

Tolouse V Bastia (French Div 1 7:45pm)

TOLOUSE TO SCORE 2 OR MORE TEAM GOALS @4/6
    Tolouse at home have averaged over 2 per game, they face a poor enough Bastia team who haven't won in 7 games and on average away from home conceded nearly 3 per game. Bastia this year have conceded bucket loads and have the worst defensive record in the league.
    Tolouse also have Ben Yedder who is the leagues 3rd top scorer not too far behind Zlatan he has 9 in 12 starts 7 of these have been first goals so I can definitely see him scoring here with Bastias defensive record and might also back him to score first @4's or Anytime @Evens in a single.

Blackburn V Cardiff

BOTH TEAMS TO SCORE @4/7
    Cardiff have a deadly goals tally this year think they have scored in every game this year barring 1 at the start of season. They have been playing great football lately and last 5 they won 4 and drew 1. Blackburn have poor record of late for a team looking to go straight back up aint looking good with 1 win from last 7 and conceding in each of these last 7. I cannot see Cardiff coming here and not at least getting 1 with the form they are on and the goals they have scored. Blackburn are good for a goal tonight them selves they usually get 1 at least at home and they should score at least one against Cardiff who have been shaky at the back this year away from home charlton got 5 at home to them forrest 3 palace 3 and bristol city 4

Going pretty big with 100 @3.9 for 390 returns with PP (Haven't checked other sites, they may be better).

Fairly confident about this bet. Tolouse 2 or more for me is an absolute banker, any Dutch game over 2.5 goals is usually nearly in by half time so should be pretty safe too.... For some reason feel really dodgy about BTTS in the Blackburn game, all the stats point to em both getting one but something telling me in the back of my mind leave that one out :confused: Last 5 friday games in championship have been good games with loads o goals and BTTS winning in each of the 5, seeing as its the only 1 of these games i'll be able to watch live i prob will end up sticking it in to make the game interesting :pac:

absolutely sick...

tinodz wrote: »
    Cardiff to Score 2 or more goals in the match @ 2.20

...I just think they will, and they have the players to do it (big fan of Whittingham and Helguson). No more in-depth than that.

CVM3D.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Avfctom

Avfctom wrote: »
    Think hamburg are a great price iv doubled them up with cardiff to beat blackburn

Get in that will do nicely

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    After last Friday, gonna take another nibble on the 0-0 in the Ligue 1 game tonight @ 17/2

Threw in a double of under 2.5 (4/5) in the same game and that Seria B team Sassuolo or something or another (8/11).

Both small stakes for interest.

Salsa impressionante.

Small stakes for football and large stakes for basketball is the way to go for me I reckon.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Including tonight there have been 10 friday matches in the Dutch eredivisie. 9 of them have been unders.

Something to keep in mind i think.

You ll probably never see the big teams play on friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,282 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

inforfun wrote: »
    Including tonight there have been 10 friday matches in the Dutch eredivisie. 9 of them have been unders.

Something to keep in mind i think.

You ll probably never see the big teams play on friday.

Fair nice odds on over 3.5 goals in the Chile Playoff 6/4. (im hoping to see good odds on Asian Goaline 3)

I watched the first game and boy how there wasnt more goals was strange

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

BTTS = NO in Sochaux vs Lille @ 1.75

Landreau broke his contract with Lille out of the blue so now Elana is Lille's 1st choice keeper. He's better than Landreau imo and one of the best keepers in the league. This season Elana has played 4 games and conceded only 1 goal (a penalty vs Valencia). Sochaux also have a decent keeper, so I think at least one team will keep a clean sheet (most likely Lille)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Goal line 3 is more to my liking indeed.
    I dont trust the home team too much. They need a win by 3 goals but they havent been a very consistent overs team, only count 2 in the league

Espanola will score the way they play if Huachipato goes for all out attack and Espanola has been very much an overs team away from home this Clausura.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Photo-Sniper

Can someone please give me some tips for tomorrows action? Up at 6am for work but get off at 3pm (im a chef) so have to place bets now....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Matt_Trakker

One for tomorrow morning,

Kuban Krasnodar v Alania Vladikavkaz ko 11am
    Kuban have won 6 of last 8 home games (+1 draw {Spartek}& 1 loss{CSKA}), Alania have yet to win on the road (2 draws, 6 loses)
    Kuban have won by at least 1 goal in those 6 wins.
    Kuban have scored in every home game & Alania haven't kept one clean sheet

Kuban AH -1, 1.71 Marathon Bet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭ConorCBS

ConorCBS wrote: »
    Pandurii vs. Gaz Metan Medias

Pandurii Târgu Jiu sit 4th in the Romanian league and they host Gaz Metan Mediaş, who are just 4 points above the relegation zone. Pandurii are undefeated at home in the league this season, winning all but 2 of their matches. On the other hand, Gaz Metan Medias have a terrible away record, winning just 1 match all season, with losses in their last 5 away games.

€100 - Pandurii to win @1.57. (Ladbrokes)

90th minute own-goal equaliser for the away side. Sickening.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭hsan

Does anyone have any tip an a good "both teams to score" in the premiership tomorow?looking for a fairly solid one!?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Austria!

Swansea and Man city have won more corners than the opposition in all home matches this season. They're 1.4 and 1.67 to do it again, respectively.

Late night speculation: Particularly I think the prestige of United is inflating the odds for William Hill on Man City corners, but United haven't been winning too many corners this season, and last week they were 6-1 down to Reading on corners.

Also, Villa Stoke under 2.5 @1.73.
    6 of Stoke's 8 away games have gone under, and 1 of the exceptions (the visit to United) is probably not good model for this match. Villa have 4 out of 7 home games go under (and again, one of these exceptions was against United).
    Aside from the stats, we have Villa probably playing a lone striker who depends on his aerial prowess, and stoke are stoke.
    And if that doesn't clinch it for you, you can go to oddschecker yourself and see that the book is very generous on this market, with an underround of 98%.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Austria!

hsan wrote: »
    Does anyone have any tip an a good "both teams to score" in the premiership tomorow?looking for a fairly solid one!?

If I had to do a BTTS bet on the premiership tomorrow I'd go for BTTS no on Villa vs Stoke @1.91

If it's the premiership this weekend I'd go for West Ham vs Liverpool BTTS no @2, as Liverpool have no striker and were in Italy on Thursday.

Not sure why you would feel you have to bet on any market on any particular day though.

• Advertisement

hsan wrote: »

Sunday is the REALLY solid one (statswise) if you can be bothered waiting.

Everton vs Spurs BTTS @ 1.74 (on SkyBet)

Everton has Played 14 games this season, both teams scored in 12, over 1.5 came in in all 14 games
    Spurs has played 14 games this season, both teams scored in 11, over 1.5 came in in 13 game

Two teams, with the best BTTS stats playing each other, and decent odds... that should work out (hopefully)

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭hsan

Cheers for the advice.deciding between Liverpool v west ham btts no or everton v spurs btts yes.im also thinking about Swansea v Norwich btts yes.i never do Btts bets and I want to do one tomorrow to see how I get on!

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭tip74

Injuries and suspensions:
    Arsenal FC v West Bromwich
    Arsenal FC: Diaby (5/0 m), Fabianski (0/0 g), Koscielny (8/1 d), Podolski (14/4 f), Santos (6/0 d), Walcott (12/4 f), Sagna (5/0 d) (doubtful)
    West Bromwich: Dawson (0/0 d), Foster (10/0 f)
    pick X2

Wigan Athletic v QPR
    Wigan Athletic: Alcaraz (2/0 d), Ramis (13/1 d), Caldwell (13/0 d), Figueroa (15/0 d), Watson (8/1 m), Crusat (0/0 m), Miyaichi (4/0 f), Maloney (13/1 f)
    QPR: Zamora (10/3 f), Johnson (3/0 f), Julio Cesar (11/0 g) (doubtful)
    pick X2

FC Sochaux v Lille OSC
    FC Sochaux: Kanté (13/0 d), Cros (4/0 g), Duplus (0/0 d), Lopy (4/0 m), Doubaï (8/2 m), Prcic (0/0 m), Butin (0/0 f), Camara (0/0 g), Traoré (8/0 m), Prcic (0/0 m), Sauget (9/0 d), Roudet (14/3 m), Zouma (0/0 d)
    Lille OSC: De Melo (14/0 f), Kalou (10/2 f)
    pick 2

HNK Rijeka v Slaven Belupo
    HNK Rijeka: Knežević (18/0 d)
    Slaven Belupo: Rak (7/3 m), Batarelo (12/1 m), Vugrinec (12/8 f), Kokalović (16/0 d), Gregurina (14/1 m), Grgić (17/1 d), Geng (7/0 d)
    pick 1

Tranmere Rovers v Portsmouth
    Tranmere Rovers: Wallace (19/2 m), Gibson (20/0 d) (doubtful), Akpa Akpro (11/7 f), Bell-Baggie (14/0 f)
    Portsmouth: Cisak (1/0 g) (left the club)
    pick X2

Rotherham v Gillingham
    Rotherham: Shearer (11/0 g), Tonge (7/0 d), Morgan (13/0 d), Noble (6/0 m), Arnason (10/1 m), Ainsworth (11/0 m), Rose (3/0 m)
    Gillingham: Essam (0/0 d) (doubtful), Flanagan (13/1 d)
    pick X2

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭MikeyGorse

Accumulator (4)
    08 Dec 2012 - Swansea v Norwich - Both Teams To Score
    Tip It
    Yes @ 8/11
    08 Dec 2012 - Arsenal v West Brom - Both Teams To Score
    Tip It
    Yes @ 8/11
    08 Dec 2012 - Huddersfield v Bolton - Both Teams To Score
    Tip It
    Yes @ 8/13
    08 Dec 2012 - Wigan v QPR - Both Teams To Score
    Tip It
    Yes @ 4/6
    Stake : €20.00
    Estimated Returns : €160.64

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭ConorCBS

Bayern Munich to beat Augsburg @1.29.
    Leicester to beat Barnsley @1.40.
    Real Madrid to beat Real Vallodolid @1.29.

€200 - All to win @2.32.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭kerosene

ConorCBS wrote: »
    Bayern Munich to beat Augsburg @1.29.
    Leicester to beat Barnsley @1.40.
    Real Madrid to beat Real Vallodolid @1.29.

€200 - All to win @2.32.
    my tip of the day is qpr to score over 1.5 goals. wigan have 3 defenders out injured, harry likes to attack and they desperately need the win. 6/4 with boyles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

kerosene wrote: »
    my tip of the day is qpr to score over 1.5 goals. wigan have 3 defenders out injured, harry likes to attack and they desperately need the win. 6/4 with boyles.

You should look at QPR's team though, it looks quite defensive.

Green; Traore, Hill, Nelsen, Bosingwa; Taarabt, Mbia, Derry, Diakite; Wright-Phillips; Mackie

• Registered Users Posts: 23,858 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

mailburner wrote: »

kilmarnock home to celtic 9/1 (pp best on that)
    double chance 23/10, i've had a decent bet on that one

my timing is second to none :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

QPR double chance isn't a bad bet if you ask me, its up near 1.6 in some places, I really do think it should be shorter.

• Advertisement

Sunderland are without Fletcher.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement