Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football Tips Thread v3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,733 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Aubameyang leading the line in the St Etienne/Lyon derby. He has performed in the big games so far. So getting on the anytime scorer @ 6/4

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Messi for 2 or more so to break the record tonight.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,882 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

...and in by the 25th min:D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,858 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Headshot wrote: »
    el sharrawaay anytime scorer 13/8

he scores nearly every game and doesnt often
    get a mention here
    great odds considering

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

He is simply incredible.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Much thanks to whoever tipped Castro :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

tinodz wrote: »
    Thinking forward to Sunday...

Rubén Castro Anytime Goalscorer @ 5.00 (on William Hill)

13 appearances, 8 goals this season
    Scored in 5 of the last 6 games (6 goals total)
    Last season, Castro score two goals against Barca in the same fixture. He scored one goal when playing at Camp Nou

Seems worth a decent bet IMO. 25/1 (on PP) to Score two or more. I'm doing smaller stakes on two or more though.

pxsJQ.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Early Serie A treble for next Sunday:
    Milan to beat Pescara (2/9)
    Juventus to beat Atalanta (2/7)
    Napoli to beat Bologna (2/5) - Great Value

All 3 are at home and all Milan and Juventus are coming off the back of good results today. Napoli will look to (and should) bounce back against Bologna Sunday evening

Here's the stats
    Milan at Home 4-0-4 Pescara away 1-1-5
    Juve at home 6-1-1 Atalanta away 2-2-4
    Napoli at home 6-2-0 Bologna away 1-0-7 (Banker imo)

Pescara are almost dead-certs for relegation and have struggled against the weakest sides in the league, Milan are back playing football and should brush them aside without much difficulty. El Shaarawy should add to his impressive tally here.

Juventus have conte back on the line and have bounced back really well from the 2 Milan defeats. Atalanta struggle away from home. This is the most dodgy of the 3 games in my opinion and I will only be including it as a part of the treble.

Napoli lost tonight in a tough game against Inter and also lost during the week to PSV, granted they were already qualified, meaning this is a crucial game for their season. Bologna's horrific away form makes this a great bet and Napoli won't stay at 2/5 for long. I expect Cavani to be among the goals here and will hopefully net 2 or 3. Will also be backing them as a single at 2/5, with handicaps (-1 is 21/20) and with Cavani Wincast.

The treble works out at 6/5 on BetVictor - €50 (Medium to Large stake) on.

Will also be looking to put more money on Cavani top scorer on Sunday afternoon before the Napoli game. Going to request odds around town and if I can get 4/1 (Will depend on El Shaarawy and Klose scoring beforehand) I'll be going big on him again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Fulham v Newcastle
    Having started the season in free scoring form the goals have dried up for Fulham of late (failed to score in their last 3 league games) and despite having an impressive arsenal of attacking players Newcastle find themselves near the bottom of goals scored in the division (only 17 goals scored from 15 games). With the firepower struggles evident I think the obvious bet here is Under 2.5 goals at evens.
    Newcastle have really struggled to match the standards set last season and it has been a disappointing campaign for the Geordies emphasized by their poor away form. They have yet to win on their travels in 7 attempts but they have managed to draw 4 of these. I fancy them both to cancel each other out and the draw at 5/2 looks a good shout.
    With doubts over the fitness of Santon it might be up to the less experienced Ferguson to fill in and I like the look of Damien Duff anytime goalscorer at 15/4. He has 3 league goals to his name and he would relish adding to that against his former club.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 TheBankerEdge

League: English Championship
    Match: Huddersfield v Bolton
    Selection: Both Teams To Score
    Bookmaker: Stan James
    Odds: 4/6

Odds: 4/7

Odds: 8/13

Odds: 4/9

Bookmaker: Ladbrokes
    Odds: 3/10

Huddersfield 2-2 Bolton
    Hannover 3-2 Bayer Leverkusen
    Stuttgart 3-1 Schalke
    Roma 4-2 Fiorentina
    Atletico Madrid 6-0 Deportivo La Coruna

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭Festy

Early Serie A treble for next Sunday:
    Milan to beat Pescara (2/9)
    Juventus to beat Atalanta (2/7)
    Napoli to beat Bologna (2/5) - Great Value

All 3 are at home and all Milan and Juventus are coming off the back of good results today. Napoli will look to (and should) bounce back against Bologna Sunday evening

Here's the stats
    Milan at Home 4-0-4 Pescara away 1-1-5
    Juve at home 6-1-1 Atalanta away 2-2-4
    Napoli at home 6-2-0 Bologna away 1-0-7 (Banker imo)

Pescara are almost dead-certs for relegation and have struggled against the weakest sides in the league, Milan are back playing football and should brush them aside without much difficulty. El Shaarawy should add to his impressive tally here.

Juventus have conte back on the line and have bounced back really well from the 2 Milan defeats. Atalanta struggle away from home. This is the most dodgy of the 3 games in my opinion and I will only be including it as a part of the treble.

Napoli lost tonight in a tough game against Inter and also lost during the week to PSV, granted they were already qualified, meaning this is a crucial game for their season. Bologna's horrific away form makes this a great bet and Napoli won't stay at 2/5 for long. I expect Cavani to be among the goals here and will hopefully net 2 or 3. Will also be backing them as a single at 2/5, with handicaps (-1 is 21/20) and with Cavani Wincast.

The treble works out at 6/5 on BetVictor - €50 (Medium to Large stake) on.

Will also be looking to put more money on Cavani top scorer on Sunday afternoon before the Napoli game. Going to request odds around town and if I can get 4/1 (Will depend on El Shaarawy and Klose scoring beforehand) I'll be going big on him again.

Fiorentina look like a cert as well to beat Siena at home who have lost their last 2 games at home and are bottom of the league. 1/2 atm very generous price imo.Also Fiorentina haven't lost at home this season.

fulham for me tonite evens
    berba wincast 7/2 as its just too big (pp)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

I'm a large overs player in the Samp Udinese tie @ 16/13.. Udinese haven't kept a clean sheet in their last 10 games with seven of those going over 2.5, Samp only kept the one clean sheet in that same period, overs came in in 6 of those, their also back in their grove last few games after a terrible run and looking far more threatening going forward. Should be a ~ 10/11 shot imo.

mailburner wrote: »
    fulham for me tonite evens
    berba wincast 7/2 as its just too big (pp)

How so?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭ConorCBS

Anyone know the motivation of Chelsea and Corinthians for the World Club Championship?

I would assume Corinthians are taking it seriously... and I'd imagine Chelsea will be too?

Was thinking of doing a double of both of them to win their opening matches at just over evens.

Rekop dog wrote: »
    How so?

because every other bookie a point shorter
    should have said it was value (or rather i got sucked in)
    http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/fulham-v-newcastle/score-win-double

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭AidySevenfold

Gone for 2 trebles tonight.

Under 2.5 in the Sampdoria - Udinese games.
    Berbatov anytime.
    Benfica.

2nd treble is
    Vallecano and Lazio to win and Clermont to draw.

Not much on them, just for a bitta interest.

mailburner wrote: »

because every other bookie a point shorter
    should have said it was value (or rather i got sucked in)
    http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/fulham-v-newcastle/score-win-double

Thing with Berbs is his goalscoring record can be deceptive when analysing his price to score in a game. Last couple of seasons he's developed a trend of not scoring in a lot of games but scoring a few in the games he does. Like he's only scored in three games(27%) he's played in this season, getting two braces. Couple that with the fact Fulham are in a bit of a funk currently, last prem goal they scored was almost 300 mins ago, you can see why PP would enhance this. At best I think you've got on at the 'correct' price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Avfctom

Waiting on benfica or draw lazio or draw for a nice amount anyone see either losing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Photo-Sniper

20 Euro on Berbatov Anytime At 6/5

10er Treble on Nantes, Lazio and Benfica.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Las, any thoughts on Nantes tonight?

DNB @ Evens looks interesting.

Went for 2 more bets for tonight. Ba anytime is 2/1, I've done that single.

Also had a bit on over 2.5 goals in the Koln v Braunschweig game with Braunschweig winning.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭- bo -

For the interest, €5 flutter on...

Clermont v Nantes: Nantes to win 7/4
    Fulham v Newcastle: Draw 5/2
    Sporting v Benfica: Both teams to score 4/5

returns €86.63

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

My only bet tonight...
    Léo Baptistão Anytime @ 3.15 (Betfair)

Rayo Vallecano's Top Goal Scorer
    Real Zaragoza stats say they should let 2 in tonight
    He could score one of them then (maybe)

Spain was nice to me last night, so I will go back there again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Las, any thoughts on Nantes tonight?

DNB @ Evens looks interesting.

If I had to bet on this game, I'd go for unders. Monaco were lucky to beat Clermont 1-0, they only won cuz of a great goal by Toure, and Nantes are missing their top scorer Djordjevic.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

two bets. €10 on Danny Simpson to be carded (has happened in last 3 v Fulham) 2/1. €10 (free bet) on a ridiculous scoreline of 3-3 in the same match 50/1

Gone for 2 trebles tonight.

Under 2.5 in the Sampdoria - Udinese games.
    Berbatov anytime.
    Benfica.

Got very lucky with the unders here. Penalty was missed and a few good chances by Udinese. The 1 Udinese fan in the ground is going home happy. Hopefully I can come back to a winner after football.

Good luck lads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭squirrelohara

Going for a draw in Fulham v Newcastle.
    Both teams in poor form so i couldnt choose a winner.
    Small bets on 1-1 and 2-2 aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Festy wrote: »
    Fiorentina look like a cert as well to beat Siena at home who have lost their last 2 games at home and are bottom of the league. 1/2 atm very generous price imo.Also Fiorentina haven't lost at home this season.

Waiting for team news for that one. Hard to predict who'll start for fiorentina!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Walcott to score anytime tommorow v Bradford 11/8 €40 on this.
    Will probably have a ton on Arsenal to win aswell at 2/5, Wenger hopefully realises this competition is his best chance of a trophy. Bradford are League 2, say no more!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement