Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football Tips Thread v3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Walcott to score anytime tommorow v Bradford 11/8 €40 on this.
    Will probably have a ton on Arsenal to win aswell at 2/5, Wenger hopefully realises this competition is his best chance of a trophy. Bradford are League 2, say no more!

Pretty sure Wenger said Walcott is out for this one

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Walcott to score anytime tommorow v Bradford 11/8 €40 on this.
    Will probably have a ton on Arsenal to win aswell at 2/5, Wenger hopefully realises this competition is his best chance of a trophy. Bradford are League 2, say no more!

Don't Arsenal always play with youngsters in the cups?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Avfctom

Don't Arsenal always play with youngsters in the cups?

apparently there sending a full strentgh squad tommorow il be on arsenal and have a look at the handicaps im nervous for villa tommorow think we might come up short

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

tinodz wrote: »
    My only bet tonight...
    Léo Baptistão Anytime @ 3.15 (Betfair)

Rayo Vallecano's Top Goal Scorer
    Real Zaragoza stats say they should let 2 in tonight
    He could score one of them then (maybe)

Spain was nice to me last night, so I will go back there again.

Rayo Vallecano did not show up... AT ALL.

Oh they're playing against Bradford... I remember I lost a lot of money cuz of those *****.. they managed to keep Wigan at bay for 120 min without their 2 regular center backs. This time they're at home, maybe they can spring another surprise?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Avfctom

whats your opinion on PSG tmoz lass?

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

If I had to bet on this game, I'd go for unders. Monaco were lucky to beat Clermont 1-0, they only won cuz of a great goal by Toure, and Nantes are missing their top scorer Djordjevic.

Only saw this now. Went big on the DNB and thankfully it came in. Good tip as always though Las.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭AidySevenfold

Got very lucky with the unders here. Penalty was missed and a few good chances by Udinese. The 1 Udinese fan in the ground is going home happy. Hopefully I can come back to a winner after football.

Good luck lads

Bloody Berbatov, heard he had a great game too.

Avfctom wrote: »
    whats your opinion on PSG tmoz lass?

Well something changed in their last 2 games, they finally played as a team, and if they play like that tomorrow, Valenciennes won't stand a chance... but if they go back to their old ways then it will be much harder for PSG cuz Valenciennes "the French Barcelona :p" are pretty solid at home. So it depends on PSG... are we gonna see the PSG that got outplayed by Nice or the one that got 80% of the possession vs Evian? Maybe in play betting is the way to go here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Matt_Trakker

Are Roma going to be taking their Coppa Italia match against Atalanta seriously tonight?
    Or will the field a bunch of reserves?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭gigawatt2007

Gonna go with Valenciennes, Rennes and couple of draws in the Lille and SUnderland games. Yankees been serving me well the last couple of days

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭BBoyle88

Lass do you fancy Lille to win tonight?

I'm hearing good things about their new no.1 keeper...

BBoyle88 wrote: »
    Lass do you fancy Lille to win tonight?

I'm hearing good things about their new no.1 keeper...

They should win but be warned that they have trouble scoring goals at the moment, their strikers are extremely wasteful. Personally I'm on Lille to keep a clean sheet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭Festy

Are Roma going to be taking their Coppa Italia match against Atalanta seriously tonight?
    Or will the field a bunch of reserves?

Yes,Roma always take the Coppa Italia seriously and with no european football this season I'm even more sure of a home win.I expect them to go out and wipe the floor with Atalanta tonight tbh.

http://www.football-italia.net/28285/zeman-coppa-there-win

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Lille game has 1 goal at most written all over it. Have had some luck with it in Ligue 1 this season, so I'm gonna chance the 0-0 @ 13/2.

Cue 4-4.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭ConorCBS

Thinking of putting €100 on Chelsea @1.50. They will play a strong enough team. Mata is expected to be rested, but Mikel will play as he is not suspended from international matches. While Lampard could also feature.

Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

ConorCBS wrote: »
    Thinking of putting €100 on Chelsea @1.50. They will play a strong enough team. Mata is expected to be rested, but Mikel will play as he is not suspended from international matches. While Lampard could also feature.

Thoughts?

Rafa loves the limelight and winning trophies, Chelsea will try to win no doubt in my mind. On top of that Abramovich will probably demand a victory in this.

tonight looking at the following:
    Roma
    Arsenal -1
    PSG game - Under
    Norwich v Villa - Under
    Sunderland v Reading - Reading +1
    Chelsea

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭SlowJack

Hi Lads, I have started betting on football last week and it has been going ok, but I need some help with tonight's pick. I'm no football expert, so any advise is welcome.

Out of the three games tonight, what team would be best to back.

Norwich v Aston Villa

Notts County v Rotherham

Sunderland v Reading

I am looking for just one pick, I want to lump on.

My pick would be Norwich, but like I said I am not so clued up on the football, so I thought I would come and ask on Boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

Nahki Wells Anytime (Bradford v Arsenal) @ 4.80 (Betfair)

11 goals in 19 appearances in the leauge. Obviously, Arsenal are a step up from your typical League 1 side, but this guy is Bradford's main goal scorer (their next best is 5 goals in 20) so if anyone is to score for them, it should be him. Bradford are at home too, which is a plus.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Ando's Saggy Bottom

Chelsea
    Arsenal
    Valenciennes
    Roma

tonight.

Very confident.

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Fonze07

SlowJack wrote: »
    Hi Lads, I have started betting on football last week and it has been going ok, but I need some help with tonight's pick. I'm no football expert, so any advise is welcome.

Norwich v Aston Villa

Notts County v Rotherham

Sunderland v Reading

My pick would be Norwich, but like I said I am not so clued up on the football, so I thought I would come and ask on Boards.

I know it's not one of your 3 games listed but i would be lumping on Arsenal at 4/11

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Drogmal

Norwich v Aston Villa

Notts County v Rotherham

Sunderland v Reading

Why bet on something you have limited knowledge about?

None of the above are easy calls or worth "lumping on" imo. I would go under 2.5 in Norwich Villa if I was getting involved.

Chelsea
    Arsenal
    Valenciennes
    Roma

tonight.

Very confident.

Decent side but hard to be confident in them turning over PSG , but good luck with it I hope your right will more or less guarantee my under coming in if they win!

Fonze07 wrote: »
    I know it's not one of your 3 games listed but i would be lumping on Arsenal at 4/11

Cheers, I am looking for odds close to evens, 4/11 is to short, might have a look at the handicap market....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

I want to lump on.....but like I said I am not so clued up on the football, so I thought I would come and ask on Boards.

LOL, talk about a recipe for disaster!!
    Keep your money for da Chrisamis.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

Double of Sund/Villa and Norwich/Reading over 1.5
    €100 for €162 return

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Ando's Saggy Bottom

Decent side but hard to be confident in them turning over PSG , but good luck with it I hope your right will more or less guarantee my under coming in if they win!
    They are a proper 11 man unit, PSG are a bunch of talented individuals. Lump on Valenciennes lads.

Drogmal wrote: »
    Why bet on something you have limited knowledge about?

None of the above are easy calls or worth "lumping on" imo. I would go under 2.5 in Norwich Villa if I was getting involved.

It started as just messing around with a mate to see if it is possible to pick a bet a day and accumulating it and try and get 10 straight wins. I have six wins up till now and now that the amount in-play is becoming serious, I am just trying to get as much info as possible before I place the bet.

Thanks, I will look at the 'under 2.5' market. I am a bit scared of it, nearly placed the same bet this weekend with Man U and Man C, turned out to be a goal feast.

• Advertisement

They are a proper 11 man unit, PSG are a bunch of talented individuals. Lump on Valenciennes lads.

You obviously didn't watch their last 2 games ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement