Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football Tips Thread v3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,277 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

ConorCBS wrote: »
    Voided all bets on the win-draw-win market anyway. Tried arguing with them but couldn't get them to change it.

that is ****ing disgraceful

Did you show them links of the offical cup site http://conmebol.com//copanissansudamericana/Sao-Paulo-es-el-nuevo-campeon-20121212-0005.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

kinda like the look of under 40 booking points, match seems fairly ''nice'' so far not a lot of fouling and bitching and whatnot, the ref is usually card happy but players haven't been given him a huge reason to shell them out yet, its @1.80

edit: blah wrong topic, was supposed to post in the live betting one, chelsea game I meant anyway..

0 cards :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

CucaFace wrote: »
    Anyone with any knowledge on Dutch football?

Im thinking of putting Twente into my accum tomorrow night.

They are playing at home to Hercules.

I know Twente are coming of a bad defeat to PSV, but they should win that game at home?

Twente should win that indeed.
    But it is a local derby and they can be unpredictable.
    Last season Heracles won 3-2 at Twente while Twente was leading the league at that point.
    Twente is not playing well and with a manager that doesnt know what he is doing (Hi Shteve) little brother Heracles could surprise again. They will be up for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭ConorCBS

Headshot wrote: »
    that is ****ing disgraceful

Did you show them links of the offical cup site http://conmebol.com//copanissansudamericana/Sao-Paulo-es-el-nuevo-campeon-20121212-0005.html

They said that the match was not completed so all bets on the win-draw-win market are void. I said that Tigre forfeiting so Sao Paulo automatically won the match and they got the cup, etc. They said that I did not bet on the market for to win the cup (not that they had one) but I bet on the result after 90 minutes.

Was looking forward to €200. I've been on a bit of a losing streak.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Photo-Sniper

lmao wrote: »
    Like the look of the following:

Levante v Real Zaragoza BTTS YES
    Las Palmas v Real Betis BTTS YES
    Milan v Reggina BTTS YES

6/1.
    Followed this.

Struggling to find anything tonight.

GL us

• Advertisement

Las, what do you think of Monaco to beat Nimes tomorrow evening?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭rossit

They said that the match was not completed so all bets on the win-draw-win market are void. I said that Tigre forfeiting so Sao Paulo automatically won the match and they got the cup, etc. They said that I did not bet on the market for to win the cup (not that they had one) but I bet on the result after 90 minutes.

that is crap absolute crap

• Registered Users Posts: 23,858 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

single on levante for me at 5/6 (v zaragoza) cup match

home form is very strong having only lost to barca and real and
    one draw against athletico

Need a tip for an anytime scorer tonight? Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭markc91

El Shararwaay if he starts for milan tonight been banging them in

• Advertisement

Cheers but cant justify putting a bet on a 4/9 shot for a goalscorer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭markc91

Cheers but cant justify putting a bet on a 4/9 shot for a goalscorer.
    Ah didnt see the price thats ridiculous!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Las, what do you think of Monaco to beat Nimes tomorrow evening?

They're way too unpredictable to be backed imo, plus their GK is suspended and their captain & CB is out injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Avfctom

Obafemi martins for levante if he is playing

Avfctom wrote: »
    Obafemi martins for levante if he is playing

Hey, do you fancy Villa to lose vs Pool on Saturday? :p thinking of backing Pool or just Suarez to score.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Avfctom

Hey, do you fancy Villa to lose vs Pool on Saturday? :p thinking of backing Pool or just Suarez to score.

hmmm tbh after the norwich game got alot more confidnece in villa 4 unbeaten starting to look like a solid team last season under alex mcleish villa went to anfield and drew 1-1 after leading the whole game suarez scored that day i can deffo see us scoring and pushing them all the way with the way benteke is playing think he will score heart says we can get somethink but my head says liverpool will edge it by a goal and suarez will score

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Baker87

Avfctom wrote: »
    hmmm tbh after the norwich game got alot more confidnece in villa 4 unbeaten starting to look like a solid team last season under alex mcleish villa went to anfield and drew 1-1 after leading the whole game suarez scored that day i can deffo see us scoring and pushing them all the way with the way benteke is playing think he will score heart says we can get somethink but my head says liverpool will edge it by a goal and suarez will score

I'm thinking under 2.5 here

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Pazzini 1st scorer vs Reggina 15/4

• Registered Users Posts: 54,277 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Anyone have a betting preview of the Sandhausen v Cologne match? Im thinking goalline 3 but just want to get someone elses advice

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

Stoke(Everton at home) and Wigan(Norwich away) look half decent to me this weekend with draw cover.Both games should be fairly tight,But Stoke are great at home and Norwich could have a bit of a league cup hangover.Wigan were unlucky last time out against away to Newcastle with the early red,They were beaten well at Anfield but they've beaten Spurs at WHL too,Which is no easy feat.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Matt_Trakker

Headshot wrote: »
    Anyone have a betting preview of the Sandhausen v Cologne match? Im thinking goalline 3 but just want to get someone elses advice

5/8 Sandhausen home games have been Under2.5
    And 5/8 away Kolns have also been under 2.5

Injuries & Suspensions:
    SV Sandhausen v 1.FC Köln
    SV Sandhausen: Halfar, Kittner, Tüting
    1.FC Köln: Chihi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Matt_Trakker

FC Twente v Heracles Almelo
    Twente unbeaten at home this season, Almelo have won only one game on the road
    Twente @1.49 Pinnacle

Livorno Calcio v Ternana Calcio
    Livorno have won 6/9 at home and have won the last 4 on the trot, only conceding one goal.
    Calcio have lost 4/9 on the road and only won 2. They're tight defensively, 8/9 have been Under 2.5 but Livorno are on a decent run.
    Livorno @ 1.73 William Hill

Bayern München v Mönchengladbach
    Munich running away with the title as it is. This is the last game before the winter break so will want to put on a show for the home crowd. 5/8 home Munich games have been +2.5 & Gladbach have only one clean sheet away from home & they're scored in 5/8 away games so should be goals in this.
    Over 3 @ 1.67 on 188Bet

Oddsportal have Canbet with the best price for a treble @4.23
    Bet365 is 3.37 (although they only have the +2.5)

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭CucaFace

Id stay clear of backing Liverpool in this one.

Maybe Im biased being a villa fan, but really Villa are not as bad as the league position shows and are realy beggining to improve a lot lately.

And Liverpool have struggled to beat anyone at home this season so far.

Villa on the counter wil be very dangerous.

BTTS might be worth a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭rossit

CucaFace wrote: »
    Id stay clear of backing Liverpool in this one.

Maybe Im biased being a villa fan, but really Villa are not as bad as the league position shows and are realy beggining to improve a lot lately.

And Liverpool have struggled to beat anyone at home this season so far.

Villa on the counter wil be very dangerous.

BTTS might be worth a go.

is this the aston villa supporters thread lol, as for my view liverpool will beat villa the convidence is growing at liverpool and i think over 2.5 goal or the pool -1 would be my bet .just to let ye know liverpool fan best of luck tom and cuca face

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Newcastle v Man City
    I have to go with Man City to bounce back with a win at 4/6. City are without a win in their last 2 league games and they have yet to go 3 league games without a win this season. They are facing in Newcastle a team with five losses in 6 league games. Newcastle look set to be without Ben Arfa, arguably their key creative attacking player, who is doubtful for this fixture. City can still boast the only away unbeaten record in the division but with the gap now 6 to their neighbors Man Utd there will be a greater incentive for Man City to keep the pace and get the win. It should be noted City have an excellent record in this fixture winning all the previous 5 of their league encounters and have won four of their last 5 trips to St.James Park.
    Liverpool v Aston Villa
    Liverpool are a bit short at 4/11 to win at home considering their home record in recent times. They have started to show a bit of consistency beating some of the lesser sides in recent games at Anfield but I would still be cautious taking them at that price at home. Villa are in decent form themselves since their 5-0 trashing at the hands of Man City. They are unbeaten in four with only one goal conceded in this run. Taking into account Villa's new found defensive soundness and Liverpool's struggles in scoring at home (only Villa, Norwich, Stoke and QPR have scored less at home) I think under 2.5 goals at 43/40 is a great price.
    Man Utd v Sunderland
    I fancy Utd to win this game comfortably. Confidence in the Utd camp will be sky high after the last minute win against Man City last week. Utd will also be fired up for this game after the Sunderland fans celebrated Utd's league demise at the end of last season and I think the Man Utd (-2) at 11/8 is a good price. This is a poor Sunderland team and they are set to be missing key players Adam Johnson and Danny Rose who are major doubts.
    He returned to form with an excellent performance in the derby last week so I like the look of Ashley Young anytime goalscorer at 2/1.

Under 2.5 in Montpellier vs Bastia @ 1.87

Bastia will be without their best defender and Montpellier are in good form but...I'm betting on unders cuz of some off the pitch events.
    Bastia have been barred from playing at home until further notice cuz the Marseille bus was stoned by some supporters... something that happens in every big city in France. They also had to play their last home game behind closed doors cuz of crowd troubles in the derby, btw earlier this season, the Nancy supporters hit their own players and they got nothing at all :pac:
    There's a strong feeling of injustice in the Bastia team (they also get screwed over by refs in every game) and I think they'll be very determined not to lose tomorrow.
    Btw, Bastia is in Corsica and the Corsicans and the French hate each other, that's basically why Corsican teams always get harsher punishments.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭happydayz182

Poland 8/11 vs Macedonia

Macedonia are meant to have a very poor team out. Received a tip for this!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Both Poland and Macedonia have only players from their league, so no "foreigners"
    Best to stay away i think.

Match is played in Turkey fwiw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Tbh, if I had a bet on a team to win a match in 90 mins and they didn't because they forfeited the match before the end (and the other team won the cup), I'd 100% expect my stake back. Fairly standard I would have thought.

• Advertisement

Kaiserslautern to beat Aalen @1.50.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement