Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football Tips Thread v3

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Gone for the Mata wincast.

Mata is joint top scorer for the club this season so far, with only Torres equaling him.

In other words, everyone should go for the Torres bet cause I've gone the other way :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭squirrelohara

Gone for the Mata wincast.

Mata is joint top scorer for the club this season so far, with only Torres equaling him.

In other words, everyone should go for the Torres bet cause I've gone the other way :P
    I have gone for the torres wincast haha. Also gone for torres to score 2 or more @ 7/1. Rafa seems to have gotten some confidence into him

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

Luiz Wincast for me @ 9.00

...only a small, fun bet though. Too early to think straight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Avfctom

Avfctom wrote: »
    going for a early morning double to get me started

chelsea to beat corinthians
    fiorentina to beat siena

£20 returns £52

chelsea to win torres to score anytime 5/2 £10

i hate u chelsea torres you really are a donkey:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭Festy

Festy wrote: »
    Fiorentina look like a cert as well to beat Siena at home who have lost their last 2 games at home and are bottom of the league. 1/2 atm very generous price imo.Also Fiorentina haven't lost at home this season.

3-0 up and it's only HT.

Hope some of ye lads jumped on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,546 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

The commentator was saying earlier that Chelsea land back in London on tue morning. They then have to travel to Leeds to play a league cup game the following night. Leeds a bit of value at 4/1?

KevIRL wrote: »
    The commentator was saying earlier that Chelsea land back in London on tue morning. They then have to travel to Leeds to play a league cup game the following night. Leeds a bit of value at 4/1?

im tempted would love leeds to get through would give villa a great chance to win the cup

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭Festy

mailburner wrote: »
    silly bet to be fair
    imagine how much you could have won doing singles
    or doubles or a multiple bet of some sort
    its sickening to have that many winners and get nothing
    took me years of losing before i gave up chasing the big one

How was it silly bet when you look at the stats before hand.Lpool had won their 3 league games and had a good defensive record at home to a Villa side who had scored f##k all in their previous games.They should have put the game to bed in the opening 20 mins.

And yes i know i could've won more doing singles but imagine had they all lost I'd be even more broke and pissed off.

spurs to win
    juventus to win
    ac milan to win
    6/4

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Early Serie A treble for next Sunday:
    Milan to beat Pescara (2/9)
    Juventus to beat Atalanta (2/7)
    Napoli to beat Bologna (2/5) - Great Value

All 3 are at home and all Milan and Juventus are coming off the back of good results today. Napoli will look to (and should) bounce back against Bologna Sunday evening

Here's the stats
    Milan at Home 4-0-4 Pescara away 1-1-5
    Juve at home 6-1-1 Atalanta away 2-2-4
    Napoli at home 6-2-0 Bologna away 1-0-7 (Banker imo)

Pescara are almost dead-certs for relegation and have struggled against the weakest sides in the league, Milan are back playing football and should brush them aside without much difficulty. El Shaarawy should add to his impressive tally here.

Juventus have conte back on the line and have bounced back really well from the 2 Milan defeats. Atalanta struggle away from home. This is the most dodgy of the 3 games in my opinion and I will only be including it as a part of the treble.

Napoli lost tonight in a tough game against Inter and also lost during the week to PSV, granted they were already qualified, meaning this is a crucial game for their season. Bologna's horrific away form makes this a great bet and Napoli won't stay at 2/5 for long. I expect Cavani to be among the goals here and will hopefully net 2 or 3. Will also be backing them as a single at 2/5, with handicaps (-1 is 21/20) and with Cavani Wincast.

The treble works out at 6/5 on BetVictor - €50 (Medium to Large stake) on.

Will also be looking to put more money on Cavani top scorer on Sunday afternoon before the Napoli game. Going to request odds around town and if I can get 4/1 (Will depend on El Shaarawy and Klose scoring beforehand) I'll be going big on him again.

Almost time for the first 2 games, have a lot riding on this and i'm quietly confident. Best of luck to anybody who follows!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Francobegbie

daily tips and banter

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭maamom

Defoe
    El Shaarawy
    Cavani

Anytime Scorer treble 4.39/1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭squirrelohara

Almost time for the first 2 games, have a lot riding on this and i'm quietly confident. Best of luck to anybody who follows!
    I have done a minus 1 treble just for better odds. Pays just over 5/1. Cmon d boooyyyss

I have done a minus 1 treble just for better odds. Pays just over 5/1. Cmon d boooyyyss

Best of luck mate! :cool:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

So the Mata wincast obviously didn't come in....but PP refunded the bet :S Was there a money back special on the match?

2 down, 1 to go :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭ConorCBS

2 down, 1 to go :cool:

How confident are you of Napoli winning? Thinking of going big on them if my Munster bet comes in.

spurs to win
    juventus to win
    ac milan to win
    6/4

get in that ends the losing streak

baggies game already in play gone for

ht draw

ft draw 4/1

ConorCBS wrote: »
    How confident are you of Napoli winning? Thinking of going big on them if my Munster bet comes in.

Simplest way to put it is that I'm confident enough that despite having them as the last leg of quite a few bets, I'm not going to lay them to cover myself. Bologna are shocking away from home and Napoli have the chance to go second with a win after Inter slipped up. Cavani's on fire with 19 goals in 19 games in all competitions and I can't see him not scoring. Would be very surprised if Napoli struggled to win this tbh and I have them as a single, -1 and Cavani win cast. They're good value at 2/5 at home to a team with a record of 7 defeats out of 8 games away from home this season. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Any thoughts on the game tonight Las? Surely PSG after there last couple of games will be worth a shot? Watched Lyon last week and they were awful, they are still missing a few players yes? PSG need to win to join Lyon and Marselle at the top of the league so they should be going for a win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Shane St. wrote: »
    Sickened Utd took the foot off the gas at 3-0 had a nice double them and Man City... Oh well can't complain too much I've been on a good run.
    I'm just taking a big single on Spurs 2mrw at 8/13 I'd do a big write up like I usually do but I just really think they will win this.

Thatll do small winner for weekend as opposed to loser now

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Mark! wrote: »
    Any thoughts on the game tonight Las? Surely PSG after there last couple of games will be worth a shot? Watched Lyon last week and they were awful, they are still missing a few players yes? PSG need to win to join Lyon and Marselle at the top of the league so they should be going for a win.

Tricky game cuz Lyon are a pretty solid team, but if PSG could beat Porto (who are stronger than Lyon imo) then they should be able to win. It'll be hard for Lyon to score cuz PSG are very strong defensively now, I've been very impressed by Thiago Silva. Sirigu is having a great season too.
    Lyon's missings are not important, Briand and Lacazette are out but Bastos and Lisandro are back in the team, Gonalons (def. mid) is back too (he missed the game last week). The only important missing is their left back Dabo, who apparently will be replaced by Umtiti (a CB and he's only 19)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

Early Serie A treble for next Sunday:
    Milan to beat Pescara (2/9)
    Juventus to beat Atalanta (2/7)
    Napoli to beat Bologna (2/5) - Great Value

Real nice action.

Just need Napoli to bring it home.

Tricky game cuz Lyon are a pretty solid team, but if PSG could beat Porto (who are stronger than Lyon imo) then they should be able to win. It'll be hard for Lyon to score cuz PSG are very strong defensively now, I've been very impressed by Thiago Silva. Sirigu is having a great season too.
    Lyon's missings are not important, Briand and Lacazette are out but Bastos and Lisandro are back in the team, Gonalons (def. mid) is back too (he missed the game last week). The only important missing is their left back Dabo, who apparently will be replaced by Umtiti (a CB and he's only 19)

i love lass insight into the french games makes u feel much more confident in what your backing if he agrees lol

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

anyone find anywhere with good odds for Cavani top scorer? checked a good few places there but either market suspended or odds not very good

napoli to win
    PSG to win
    barcelona to win

just under 2/1 £50

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭BBoyle88

BBoyle88 wrote: »
    Time of first goal in the juve game tonight.
    Before the 26th min for me ( that's PP's time market)
    Juve have scored 9 goals in this timeframe this season and will come flying out of the traps tonight in front of their fervent support in the first Turin derby at their new stadium

Juve with 3 goals in the first 27mins today, a market to watch out for going forward

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Liking Gala 2 or more @ 1.95

No Fenerbache fans allowed into the stadium, should be over 50,000 Gala fans there, strict referee who does not tolerate swearing and dissent should be easily 5 cards( 50 point index) or more but my book doesn't offer a cards market.
    Leading scorer Bulut and Yilmaz bought star for Gala and Sow and Kuyt for Fenerbache,

May take goals in game over 2.5 in play if it goes over 2.00

get in that ends the losing streak

baggies game already in play gone for

ht draw

ft draw 4/1

that will do

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Liking Gala 2 or more @ 1.95

No Fenerbache fans allowed into the stadium, should be over 50,000 Gala fans there, strict referee who does not tolerate swearing and dissent should be easily 5 cards( 50 point index) or more but my book doesn't offer a cards market.
    Leading scorer Bulut and Yilmaz bought star for Gala and Sow and Kuyt for Fenerbache,

May take goals in game over 2.5 in play if it goes over 2.00

Wish they were all that easy

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement