Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football Tips Thread v3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Walcott starting up front for Arsenal and PP have the wincast enhanced to 3/1, worth a punt.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭BBoyle88

Really fancy arsenal tonight. Very positive lineup with pace and movement and will cause reading serious problems.

Reading are naive and their gung ho style at home will leave them exposed to arsenal.

Walcott will want to show why he prefers to play through the middle and arteta and cazorla will be looking for first time balls on the counter.

So Arsenal -1 for me and a small punt on 4-1.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,858 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

shrewdness wrote: »
    Walcott starting up front for Arsenal and PP have the wincast enhanced to 3/1, worth a punt.

tks
    that'll do for me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Walcott Wincast @ 3/1 for me too, small punt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Austria!

Walcott starting up front

What makes you say that? looking at the line up I would expect Podolski to be up front and walcott on the right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Austria! wrote: »

What makes you say that? looking at the line up I would expect Podolski to be up front and walcott on the right.

walcott has played a couple of times this season through the middle. podolski always on the left. few bets on theo anytime, 2 or more, and 1st goalscorer. best odds all on paddypower. edit bit on walcott wincast too

Austria! wrote: »

Well I suppose we won't know for sure until the match starts but I was getting the team news off twitter and several seem to think the team will line up like that. Podolski has mostly played on the left, and with Oxlade-Chamberlain starting too it looks like a good opportunity for Walcott to start up front like he has wanted. As I say, we'll soon see anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Im on Walcott wincast enhanced aswell.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

Ciaran_B wrote: »
    Braunschweig are 2.04. They're at home and are 2nd in the league.

Any Bundesliga fans got any knowledge on such a generous price?

Answering my own question here; it's because Braunschweig are defending like lunatics! 2-2 at half time, really good match.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

Backed a sending off in the Arsenal game @ 6.00 - sorry bit late posting that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Avfctom

Which book?

William hill

BBoyle88 wrote: »
    Really fancy arsenal tonight. Very positive lineup with pace and movement and will cause reading serious problems.

Reading are naive and their gung ho style at home will leave them exposed to arsenal.

Walcott will want to show why he prefers to play through the middle and arteta and cazorla will be looking for first time balls on the counter.

So Arsenal -1 for me and a small punt on 4-1.

Great goal. Reading are awful at the back

BBoyle88 wrote: »

Great goal. Reading are awful at the back

-1 home and hosed. Come on reading :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Chelsea under 1.5 team goals to Leeds at EVS. They will be knackered from the travel, Torres as striker. Leeds in decent form especially at home conceding only 1 in there last 8 or so games apart from the 6-1 to Ipswich but with Warnock and his cup record I think this is a decent bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Walcott Wincast @ 3/1 for me too, small punt.

Nice win all round

i'd imagine paddy got fleeced tonite with the wincast along
    with caz and pod and im sure plenty went with -1

wd everyone :)

Nice one, needed that after a crap weekend!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,881 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Nice one, needed that after a crap weekend!

All I need now is a winner for Celta Vigo and I will forget the shíte weekend fairly quickly.
    Thank you Theo and PP for the extended odds.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭ConorCBS

Anyone know how seriously Bayern Munich will be taking the cup tomorrow night? I presume they will want to win it. And with it being their last match before the winter break, they may play a strong XI?

one for the weekend I think is a great bet
    super price, unbeaten in ten now
    wbrom lost three and a draw in last four
    this must surely be shorter by the weekend

Premier League Matches West Brom v Norwich
    22-12-2012 15:00
    Double Chance
    Norwich And Draw @ 5/6

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Falconno4

ConorCBS wrote: »
    Anyone know how seriously Bayern Munich will be taking the cup tomorrow night? I presume they will want to win it. And with it being their last match before the winter break, they may play a strong XI?

Was actually looking at this earlier on, last game before the Christmas break and I am sure Bayern will be looking to get last Fridays draw (where they battered M'gladbach) out of their systems.

With it being a knockout game, Bayern will take this seriously, they beat Augsburg 2 weeks back in the league 2 nil with a peno from Muller and a goal from the returning Gomez at the same venue, but make no mistake, Bayern were made to work hard for that win, but looking around various forums Bayern wiull be strong.

Looking at possible team news, would expect the likes of Shaquiri & Pizarro to get game time, and Gomez only came on last Friday v M'gladbach so expect him to feature at some point.

Could be an in game game with the odds at this point of a straight win 1/4 and the handicap not much better at 8/11.

This game is also on ESPN at 7.30pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭SirDelboy18

Price quickly disappearing with Leeds. The 4/1 of last night is no longer available and now only some firms are 7/2.

I've told my old man to put a bit on it - I'll screenshot it if it wins and I find out just how much. (Knowing him it'll be a fiver)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Ando's Saggy Bottom

Think Leeds might do Chelsea alright. Chelsea are in a bad place IMO.
    Long trip home from Japan, having lost the final.
    Torres' confiodence looks shot again after his diaplaye vs Corinthians.
    No other central striker options.
    Unbalanced squad with a lack of gnuine width and three excellent players who all really want to be the central playmaker behind the striker.
    Poor at the back - Luiz is a clown
    Poor in the deeper midfield positions. Mikel is average, lampard is shot, Ramires is good but needs someone better beside him.
    A manager that the supporters despise and who has replaced a guy that was very popular in the dressing room and who worryingly enough has already been tactically out manouevered by the likjes of Big Sam.

All in all a shambles on an off the pitch and a side that look ripe for an upset.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

• Registered Users Posts: 54,275 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Love being right

dodgy club

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭CucaFace

Think Leeds might do Chelsea alright. Chelsea are in a bad place IMO.
    Long trip home from Japan, having lost the final.
    Torres' confiodence looks shot again after his diaplaye vs Corinthians.
    No other central striker options.
    Unbalanced squad with a lack of gnuine width and three excellent players who all really want to be the central playmaker behind the striker.
    Poor at the back - Luiz is a clown
    Poor in the deeper midfield positions. Mikel is average, lampard is shot, Ramires is good but needs someone better beside him.
    A manager that the supporters despise and who has replaced a guy that was very popular in the dressing room and who worryingly enough has already been tactically out manouevered by the likjes of Big Sam.

All in all a shambles on an off the pitch and a side that look ripe for an upset.

The 7/2 for Aston Villa to win the cup outright might not be a bad bet before this game takes place tomorrow night.

If Leeds win then you have Villa, Swansea, Bradford and Leeds and with the semi's being a 2 legged affair I think they would be hard to stop with the form they are finding, plus they will also be bringing in additions in January and Lamberts record so far has been pretty good in the transfer market.

Again i'll admit to being biased as a Villa fan, but i warned againest backing Liverpool at the weekend. ;)

TB how are your Leeds team regarding discipline record?

Headshot wrote: »
    TB how are your Leeds team regarding discipline record?

currently, very good when we're winning. They're on a good run of form and in the last 5 games have only had 3 yellow cards.

But its a different story when we're losing, struggling or chasing the game, in the 5 games previous to the good form they conceded 7 yellows and 2 reds.

Probably wont be cards in play so its hard to call tomorrows game for cards. whats the line?

Over 3.5 cards is 10/11

• Advertisement

Sounds about right to be fair.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement