Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football Tips Thread v3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

De Sanctis was in goal for the game so the 3rd choice keeper hardly had much of an influence on the outcome of the game to be fair. Good for Milan fans but that decision will be overturned on appeal.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

gonna post a tip on Southampton to get relegated. can get 11/10 on it (W Hill; Bet 365)

table stands like this (played, goal difference, points):

Fulham 17 -1 20
    Aston Villa 17 -1 18
    Newcastle 17 -1 17
    Sunderland 17 -6 16
    S'hampton 16 -10 15
    Wigan 17 -14 15
    QPR 17 -15 10
    Reading 17 -15 9

Now they have a fixture in hand, but bear in mind that's against Chelsea

Now, their fixtures for the next few months:

Southampton v Sunderland
    Fulham v Southampton
    Stoke v Southampton
    Southampton v Arsenal
    Man Utd v Southampon
    Wigan vSouthampon
    Southampon v Man City
    Newcastle v Southampon
    Southampon v QPR
    Norwich v Southampon
    Southampon v Liverpool
    Southampon v Chelsea

honestly i can see them getting very, very few points out of those fixtures. now the fixtures ease up a bit in April, but that may be the time to hedge and put a bet on them to stay up should they be in the relegation places

also, to finish bottom7/1 (Bet 365), might be worth a little punt too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

manual_man wrote: »
    gonna post a tip on Southampton to get relegated. can get 11/10 on it (W Hill; Bet 365)

table stands like this (played, goal difference, points):

Fulham 17 -1 20
    Aston Villa 17 -1 18
    Newcastle 17 -1 17
    Sunderland 17 -6 16
    S'hampton 16 -10 15
    Wigan 17 -14 15
    QPR 17 -15 10
    Reading 17 -15 9

Now they have a fixture in hand, but bear in mind that's against Chelsea

Now, there fixtures for the next few months:

Southampton v Sunderland
    Fulham v Southampton
    Stoke v Southampton
    Southampton v Arsenal
    Man Utd v Southampon
    Wigan vSouthampon
    Southampon v Man City
    Newcastle v Southampon
    Southampon v QPR
    Norwich v Southampon
    Southampon v Liverpool
    Southampon v Chelsea

honestly i can see them getting very, very few points out of those fixtures. now the fixtures ease up a bit in April, but that may be the time to hedge and put a bet on them to stay up should they be in the relegation places

also, to finish bottom7/1 (Bet 365), might be worth a little punt too

Interested in this market, was looking at it this morning. I think Sunderland may be in trouble and reading in my mind are going to be relegated they just dont have enough to stay up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

What do people think about schalke tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭ConorCBS

ANXIOUS wrote: »

I think they are unbackable, for me anyway, at that price considering they haven't won in 6 games.

• Advertisement

ANXIOUS wrote: »

Personally I like Mainz, I'm backing them on the handicap and outright.

Interested in this market, was looking at it this morning. I think Sunderland may be in trouble and reading in my mind are going to be relegated they just dont have enough to stay up.

I actually think Sunderland will be fine. They have a few tough fixtures after the S'hampton game, but M O Neill is too good a manager and i think they'll stay up. Might consider a bet on them to stay up after the Liverpool game, depending on the table. Considering putting a fair bit on them to beat S'hampton this weekend @13/5, they've looked much better in the last two games even though they lost to Man Utd

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Same here. Mainz or Draw @ 21/20 looks good.

manual_man wrote: »
    I actually think Sunderland will be fine. They have a few tough fixtures after the S'hampton game, but M O Neill is too good a manager and i think they'll stay up. Might consider a bet on them to stay up after the Liverpool game, depending on the table. Considering putting a fair bit on them to beat S'hampton this weekend @13/5, they've looked much better in the last two games even though they lost to Man Utd

Well I'll be on the opposite side. I think Southampton are a great bet to beat Sunderland.

Last five games for each-
    S'mpton - 3 W 1 D 1 L
    S'land - 1W 1 D 3 L

Also Southampton unbeaten in last 4 at home, Sunderland lost 3 of the last 4 away.

O'Neill to me appears to be struggling to get the best out of a liminted squad, if they spend money in January they may be ok but they have a tough Christmas period - Spurs, City (both at home) and Liverpool (away) so the price on them will drift in. Hence the reason I am thinking of backing them for relegation now.

Well I'll be on the opposite side. I think Southampton are a great bet to beat Sunderland.

Last five games for each-
    S'mpton - 3 W 1 D 1 L
    S'land - 1W 1 D 3 L

Also Southampton unbeaten in last 4 at home, Sunderland lost 3 of the last 4 away.

O'Neill to me appears to be struggling to get the best out of a liminted squad, if they spend money in January they may be ok but they have a tough Christmas period - Spurs, City (both at home) and Liverpool (away) so the price on them will drift in. Hence the reason I am thinking of backing them for relegation now.

Wigan are another one their form is terrible and their fixtures goin forward are not very good at all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,858 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

reading to finish bottom at 4/6 is free money
    got the same price on them to be relegated a few months back and
    only sorry now i didnt back them to finish bottom

Augsburg vs. Bayern Munich.
    Bayern Munich to win to nil.
    €50 @2.10.

Enhanced price in Boyle Sports shops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Bayern have put out a pretty strong side against the Bundesliga strugglers

http://www.soccerway.com/matches/2012/12/18/germany/dfb-pokal/fc-augsburg/fc-bayern-munchen/1408534/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,768 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Is the value on Leeds gone tomorrow?

10/3 now outright, 10/11 DC looks more appealing.

Anyone know the Leeds team in depth? These players bad misses?

"On-loan defender Alan Tate is unavailable while fellow loanee Jerome Thomas and captain Lee Peltier are both doubtful.

Tate is cup-tied having already taken part in the competition with Swansea and he will be replaced by Jason Pearce. Leigh Bromby, Rodolph Austin, Davide Somma and Ramon Nunez all remain sidelined."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Matt_Trakker

Anyone seen the line up for Inter's match tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

ConorCBS wrote: »
    €50 @2.10.

Bayern Munich have not conceded in their 8 away victories in all competitions this season

• Registered Users Posts: 54,275 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

magherakid wrote: »
    Bayern Munich have not conceded in their 8 away victories in all competitions this season

most of them is without buyten thou.....

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Headshot wrote: »
    most of them is without buyten thou.....

Sooner see him score than Bayern keeping a clean sheet with him on the pitch.

Mario Gomez Insurebet 1st scorer for me @ Evens (PP). €20 on. Can see Bayern winning by 2 or 3 and can see him getting a goal. Better value than Gomez wincast @ 8/13 imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,275 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

inforfun wrote: »
    Sooner see him score than Bayern keeping a clean sheet with him on the pitch.

Funny enough I did look to see the odds on him to score and found an awful 9/2 on bet365

Was hoping to get much higher than that

• Advertisement

Did the same thing after i posted that :D
    And left it as soon as i saw the odds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Avfctom

Mario Gomez Insurebet 1st scorer for me @ Evens (PP). €20 on. Can see Bayern winning by 2 or 3 and can see him getting a goal. Better value than Gomez wincast @ 8/13 imo.

The wincast was enhanced to evens on williamhill

Merry Christmas :D .. On a roll since that Napoli disaster! :cool:

Avfctom wrote: »
    The wincast was enhanced to evens on williamhill

Don't have a WH a/c , great enhancement though!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

YayaBanana wrote: »
    Same here. Mainz or Draw @ 21/20 looks good.

Nice one. Had a decent bit on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

Damn, I am kinda new to Betfair, any thought I placed a €25 3/1 bet that would have paid out tonight...

....only €9 was matched. :(

ConorCBS wrote: »
    €50 @2.10.

Delighted with that. Was nice to see it enhanced when I went into Boyles too!

:)

Liking the look of Fenerbache to beat Sivasspor in the cup tomorrow. Looking at the last round, Fenerbache beat a team in the bottom half of the 2nd division 4-0 but they fielded a strong team so they must be taking this competition seriously. Of course, they won it last year so would love to retain it. They are obviously a better side than Sivasspor and they have home advantage aswell.

Thoughts?

Stade Brest vs PSG Insurebet 1st Goalscorer
    Zlatan Ibrahimovic 13/10 €40.

Great man for scoring away from home. Similar to Gomez tonight, Can see PSG winning and can see Zlatan getting on the scoresheet. Half the odds of straight out 1st scorer but much safer.

• Advertisement

I would wait for that.
    He might get a suspension for that stamp on the head of that Lyon player.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement