Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football Tips Thread v3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

WHAT?????

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

shocking stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭ConorCBS

ConorCBS wrote: »
    Fenerbahce vs. Sivasspor.
    Fenerbahce to win @1.53.

Fenerbahce 2-0 Sivasspor.

Get in! :pac:

Inforfun, what do you think of Ajax tomorrow? Will they play a weakened team?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Inforfun, what do you think of Ajax tomorrow? Will they play a weakened team?

I really dont think so.

Winning the cup is >>>> directly into Europe.
    With the league as it is, Ajax might finish 1st but just as well 5th and end up in the play off for Europe.
    So they will take this serious.

I will not be easy there for them even with the strongest 11 out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Thats Benficas squad, which is definitely missing a few first teamers.
    Lista de convocados:
    Guarda-redes/GK – Paulo Lopes e Mika;

Defesas/Df – André Almeida, Sidnei, João Cancelo, Carlos Ascues, Luisinho, Jardel, Luís Martins e Fábio Cardoso;

Médios/Mid – Enzo Perez, Bruno César, Nicolás Gaitán, Salvio, André Gomes, Ola John e Nolito;

Avançados/Str – Rodrigo e Lima.

Olhanense will have a full squad to choose from, they usually perform admirably against the big teams and then succumb late on.
    Like i said an 89th min winner for Benfica.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,275 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Headshot wrote: »
    Iv gone for this tomorrow

P747D.png

Wolfsburg v Bayer Leverkusen

Now its probably a long shot in the betting slip but I couldnt say no to those odds when you look at Bayer this season and they have been playing very well. Second in the league and scoring goals for fun away from home. You have to go far back as May when they havent gone overs in away game in the Bundesliga. They are the much better team in this meeting and they should prove it tomorrow but we know what cups are like anything can happen so just a small stake for this double for me

Borussia Dortmund v Hannover

2 teams that love playing offensive soccer and I can see goals galore in this match tbh

damn the Bayer bet really screwed me over

Hopefully someone did that Dortmund bet, I called that well. Should of done a single on that but got greedy

Juventus to beat Cagliari @1.40.
    PSG to beat Brest @1.57.
    Atletico Madrid to beat Celta Vigo @1.25.
    Man City to beat Reading @1.13.

€100 returns over €300.

What do people think of that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Avfctom

Ok guys after the carling cup draw tonight and everythink goes as it should the final should be

Chelsea v aston villa

My question is in this scenario and chelsea win the cup with villa runners up and chelsea qualify for the champions league would this mean villa would be awarded the europa league place ?

Avfctom wrote: »
    My question is in this scenario and chelsea win the cup with villa runners up and chelsea qualify for the champions league would this mean villa would be awarded the europa league place ?

Yes.

No.

• Advertisement

Yes.
    get in

• Registered Users Posts: 21 HRB

Ok guys after the carling cup draw tonight and everythink goes as it should the final should be

Chelsea v aston villa

I thought that it meant there would be another europa league spot in the premier league. Hope im wrong though.

HRB wrote: »
    I thought that it meant there would be another europa league spot in the premier league. Hope im wrong though.

You are right actually. It is the FA Cup where the runners up get the spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

If PSG do not beat Brest, then I will give up on betting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Juventus to beat Cagliari @1.40.
    PSG to beat Brest @1.57.
    Atletico Madrid to beat Celta Vigo @1.25.
    Man City to beat Reading @1.13.

€100 returns over €300.

What do people think of that?

Thinking of going big on a PSG-Juve double Friday night myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,733 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Tempted by PSG over 1.5 goals @ 4/6 v Brest Friday night. Brest do tend to concede alot at home and PSG are flying atm...

You are right actually. It is the FA Cup where the runners up get the spot.

Oh must of been a rule change as it happened in the past hopefully we dont have to worry and stan petrov lifts the cup on February 24th

• Registered Users Posts: 6,175 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

tinodz wrote: »
    If PSG do not beat Brest, then I will give up on betting.

PSG on paper should win but no foregone conclusion. Brest have a good enough record at home and PSG have drawn a few games away from home.

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭CucaFace

Well thats a new first for me.

Im used to losing bets, but to have the same fixture cost me 2 wins in the space of 4 days really takes the biscuit.

Napoli you are now on my 'do not touch' list.

Would have neted over €650 if they had held onto their leads in boths games againest Bologna. :(

Have a feeling Arsenal will be drawn against Juve :)

Tried to find value in the draw selection bets but they have them all priced just undervalue, no errors made at all.

• Advertisement

Have a feeling Arsenal will be drawn against Juve :)

Tried to find value in the draw selection bets but they have them all priced just undervalue, no errors made at all.

Whens the draw

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭lmao

Whens the draw

Already done:

Champions League round of 16 draw:
    Galatasaray v FC Schalke
    Celtic v Juventus
    Arsenal v Bayern Munich
    Shakhtar Donetsk v Borussia Dortmund
    AC Milan v Barcelona
    Real Madrid v Manchester United
    Valencia v Paris Saint-Germain
    FC Porto v Malaga

lmao wrote: »
    Already done:

Champions League round of 16 draw:
    Galatasaray v FC Schalke
    Celtic v Juventus
    Arsenal v Bayern Munich
    Shakhtar Donetsk v Borussia Dortmund
    AC Milan v Barcelona
    Real Madrid v Manchester United
    Valencia v Paris Saint-Germain
    FC Porto v Malaga

Tasty draw just looked at the odds on william hill thinking of throwing 100 pound on teams to qualify at 17/1 IMO this is who i think will go through
    FC porto to qualify 11/10
    PSG to qualify 4/9
    Manchester united to qualify 6/4
    Barcelona to qualify 1/5
    Borrussia dortmund to qualify 1/3
    Bayern munich to qualify 1/3
    Juventus to qualify 1/6
    17/1 fancy this strongly if united can knock madrid out madrid havent impressed me at all might have a bet on united going all the way at 14/1

Would it not be more sensible to leave united out and drastically reduce the risk involved in that bet? 100 euro seem like an awful lot to waste on an 8 team accumulator 2 months before the 1st round of games.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Would it not be more sensible to leave united out and drastically reduce the risk involved in that bet? 100 euro seem like an awful lot to waste on an 8 team accumulator 2 months before the 1st round of games.

I would agree with that. Take United out and back them on the outright, if they beat Madrid they will be alot lower than 14/1!

I would agree with that. Take United out and back them on the outright, if they beat Madrid they will be alot lower than 14/1!

7 team acca i cant split gala v schalke
    Dunno just fancy united strongly myself

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

If you do then take the value in a big individual bet. Adding them to an accumulator where all bar one of the other teams are heavy favourites seems unneccesarily risky to me.

Fair enough mate! Just saying that if it were me I'd at least wait until closer to the games so you'll have a better idea of form, injuries etc. (For example Madrid could be in the form of their lives come February and RVP and Rooney could be sidelined)

It's not the kind of value bet that will see the odds drop drastically so you have to get on early and even if they shortened, I can't imagine them dropping below 15/1. It just makes more sense (to me) to wait. But it's your money and best of luck to you with the bet :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Shaktahr to qualify at 9/4 on Hills is incredible value I think. I'd rate Dortmund as the slightly better side but not by that much at all. It'll be a very tight affair imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

You'd have to think Chelsea for the Europa League is a good bet with Benitez on board. Playing Sparta Prague in the next round

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement