Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football Tips Thread v3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Stade Brest vs PSG Insurebet 1st Goalscorer
    Zlatan Ibrahimovic 13/10 €40.

Great man for scoring away from home. Similar to Gomez tonight, Can see PSG winning and can see Zlatan getting on the scoresheet. Half the odds of straight out 1st scorer but much safer.

Goooooaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllll IBRA :D:D:D

On a fantastic christmas run :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

In 2 weeks, PSG will play away to Brest, they're @ 1.85 to win :eek: potential bet on the month here...
    **** the odds have already dropped... 1.67 now, taking it now before the odds drop even more.

Boom!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 54,275 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Wigan v Arsenal

Im going to repeat last seasons great bet. Im going for Caldwell to be booked anytime against Arsenal. This thug hates Arsenal, always gets booked against them

http://www.soccerway.com/matches/2012/12/22/england/premier-league/wigan-athletic-football-club/arsenal-fc/1293860/head2head/

My only worry is the ref

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Austria!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Nice to score a goal (vs Lyon) @ 1.60

I've gone big on this... I hope I won't regret it. Nice have scored in every game this season except for the first 2 games, they have a very prolific striker - Cvitanich - who's scored 10 goals in 15 games so far, they beat Lyon 3-1 at home in a cup game, and Lyon had a decent line up in that game.
    Nice's coach was sacked by Lyon 2 seasons ago and he wasn't very popular with the fans. Even though he denied it, I'm sure he'll be very determined to get a result in Lyon tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,858 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

mailburner wrote: »
    double of athletico to win with a clean sheet (evs boyles)
    psg 1/2

delighted with that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Avfctom

Arsenal to win
    Spurs to win
    Man city to win
    Celtic to win

Over 2/1 £50

Headshot wrote: »
    Wigan v Arsenal

Im going to repeat last seasons great bet. Im going for Caldwell to be booked anytime against Arsenal. This thug hates Arsenal, always gets booked against them

http://www.soccerway.com/matches/2012/12/22/england/premier-league/wigan-athletic-football-club/arsenal-fc/1293860/head2head/

My only worry is the ref

Correct me if im wrong but isunt caldwell injured?

Wigan v Arsenal
    Over 3.0 goal line @ 2.00

Really fancy a few goals in this. Wigan have been an over team of late and really need to be picking up points or they'll be in big trouble. Arsenal look like they have turned a corner. Done the goal line as an insurance

Man City v Reading
    Man City & Over 3.5 @ 10/11

I dont really have to explain this one, do I? City should win easily enough. My worry is if its 3-0

Thats a double for me

Stake 22.50 To Return 85.91

Avfctom wrote: »
    Correct me if im wrong but isunt caldwell injured?

You have saved me some trouble of requesting odds

He is injured

thanks

• Advertisement

Silva has 6 assists in 1068 premiership minutes, about 1 every 2 games. Boyles have him at 2.5 to assist, which is nice odds even if he wasn't home to Reading, but guess what? He is.

Also, another swansea home match means another swansea to win the most corners bet. I barely look at the odds on this bet anymore. This time it's 2.62 against Man United.

Small stakes on Liverpool Fulham draw. In home games against Newcastle, stoke, villa, reading and southampton, Liverpool scored 4 goals.
    Fulham have drawn 44% of their away games, including at Chelsea and Arsenal.
    Odds of 4.33 have enough to tempt me.

-1 Inter @ 1/1

Very nice odds on a much better team

• Registered Users Posts: 6,733 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Austria! wrote: »
    Silva has 6 assists in 1068 premiership minutes, about 1 every 2 games. Boyles have him at 2.5 to assist, which is nice odds even if he wasn't home to Reading, but guess what? He is.

Ha have just thrown a few quid on him to assist anytime @ 6/4 (with fpl purposes also in mind:pac:) Was gonna have a bet on him to score but more value in that imho. Hes hitting form too and considering he amounted 17 assists last season, Id nearly say its a banker;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Inter
    Spurs
    Man City
    Celtic

Just under 2/1, €50 on

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

25 Millwall @ 1.71

Prob small stake (fiver ) messi FGS + Barca win @3.15

Gonna follow HS with Inter -1 (10 euro)

And follow his double of overs City , Arsenal but Over 2.5 for both games instead @2.15

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Headshot wrote: »
    -1 Inter @ 1/1

Very nice odds on a much better team

Only collected in one of their 8 home games though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Kevwoody

Man city, arsenal, Newcastle Liverpool all to win today 6-1 €70 on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭mrdmb

Kevwoody wrote: »
    Man city, arsenal, Newcastle Liverpool all to win today 6-1 €70 on

Liverpool and Newcastle are dangerous bets mate..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Swansea v Man Utd
    Any long time follower of the Premier League will be aware of Wayne Rooney's goal scoring pattern. He tends to go through barren spells and usually scores his goals in patches. He is currently in such a purple patch. Having gone 5 league games without a goal Wayne has found the net in his last 3 games, including 2 braces (5 goals in his last 3 league games). He has struck up and excellent relationship with Van Persie and Rooney to continue his great form by scoring anytime is very tempting at 21/20.
    Swansea AT HOME have had more corners in every league match this season (9/9). Swansea at 8/5 in the match corner bet looks a decent price. Utd have had more corners in 4/9 away games so going with the Stats you'd have to say Swansea at odds against is an excellent price.
    Chelsea v Aston Villa
    Chelsea are an horrendous price at 1/3 considering they have one league win in 8. Villa fresh off the back of an impressive win at Anfield will quietly fancy their chances after putting together a 5 match unbeaten run in the league. I think ultimatelty Chelsea will win this game but it's not worth backing at them prices.
    I think the better bet is Juan Mata to score at 6/5. Chelsea's outstanding player this season he has an impressive 12 goals already, including 6 league strikes. He has found the net in his last 2 league encounters and I'm backing him to continue his form.
    Under 2.5 goals at 7/5. Collected in five of Chelsea's 8 home games including the last 3. It has come in for 6 of Villa's 9 away encounters.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭elefant

magherakid wrote: »
    My main bet this weekend is Man City to win both halves 10/11

Went for this too. Is evens on PP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭mr.wiggle

Any thoughts on this accum.

Chelsea -1,Mancity -1,Bolton
    Millwall,Rotherham,Shef Utd
    Port Vale

Have hi-hopes for it !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Threw another 25 on Millwall , odds slowly dropping , scoring a average of 2.2 goals at home this season , Barnsley conceding the same on average away

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭frat

Arsenal to beat Wigan and over 2.5 in the City game - $225 on, returning $504(hopefully) with IASbet.

If this doesn't come in ill be done for the Xmas period!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

on the walcott (starting up front again) wincast 12/5 PP. came good during the week so fingers crossed. wigan missing a few first teamers in defense

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Man City minus 2 goals with PaddyPower = Evens 50 on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Newcastle at 11/10 is the bet today.

PP is doing a special, team to concede the most goals over xmas. Reading are at 5.5. Home fixture vs West Ham and Swansea are ok, but trips to Spurs and especially City make that very appealing. They've already conceded more than anyone else in the league.

http://www.paddypower.com/football/football-specials/weekend-football-specials?ev_oc_grp_ids=491674
    ft9 wrote: »
    Newcastle at 11/10 is the bet today.

Stats would agree with you, but I wouldn't. QPR are resurgent, Newcastle are the opposite.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

I see the Cazorla/Arse Wincast is 11.00 on Betfair.... That seems high...

Bets on that then

tinodz wrote: »
    I see the Cazorla/Arse Wincast is 11.00 on Betfair.... That seems high...

Bets on that then

Wow i thought williamhills 4/1 was value

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭clickerquicklic

Avfctom wrote: »
    Wow i thought williamhills 4/1 was value

I've never done these bets myself but he is 10 to score the first goal, so to score first and win doesnt seem value to me at 11

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement