Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football Tips Thread v3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭ConorCBS

Anyone think Under 1.5 Liverpool goals @1.50 is value against Stoke?

Nobody has managed to score 2 goals against Stoke at the Britannia in the league this season. Only Man United and Wigan have scored 2 or more against Stoke when Stoke were away. So Stoke have only conceded 1 goal or less in 16 of their 18 league matches this season - 89%.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Under 2.5 in Toulouse vs Sochaux @ 1.53

Toulouse only have 2 attack minded players in their line up and Sochaux are hard to beat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

2nd half most goals in the Chelsea/ Villa game @ evens - Villa have improved no end recently and game should be tight in the first half
    Fook me!!! Chelsea 1 up after 2 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Hearts v Dundee Utd
    Over 2.5 Goals 11/10
    Dundee Utd last 6 matches all gone over 2.5

Last bet for me till boxing day, Happy xmas everyone have a good one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Austria!

Austria! wrote: »
    PP is doing a special, team to concede the most goals over xmas. Reading are at 5.5. Home fixture vs West Ham and Swansea are ok, but trips to Spurs and especially City make that very appealing. They've already conceded more than anyone else in the league.

well that's that ****ed anyway.

• Advertisement

Under 2.5 in Toulouse vs Sochaux @ 1.53

Toulouse only have 2 attack minded players in their line up and Sochaux are hard to beat.

FT 2-0 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 54,275 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Marseille - Saint Etienne

Seems the away team really like their low scoring games judging from soccerway.

I think I may put a 20 on Marseille win and under 2.5 goals @ 11/4

Maybe Gignac is worth a punt too

what ya think las?

Hard to call this game, Marseille could go level on points with PSG if they win but St Etienne badly need points, I'm not too confident about Marseille winning... they already got thrashed twice at home I can't trust them against a team like St Etienne...

Yea if he starts, Gignac to score should be a good bet.

edit: Gignac's on the bench, St Etienne have a fairly defensive line up, unders looks the best bet then.

so I've gone for Under 2.5 @ 1.70

and just in case... Marseille 2-1 @ 7.25

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

Marsille/under 2.5 @ 4.00

My last bet of the year (I think)

Headshot wrote: »
    Marseille - Saint Etienne

Seems the away team really like their low scoring games judging from soccerway.

I think I may put a 20 on Marseille win and under 2.5 goals @ 11/4

Finally I got a results/goals bet right

lovely bubbly

• Advertisement

Hard to call this game, Marseille could go level on points with PSG if they win but St Etienne badly need points, I'm not too confident about Marseille winning... they already got thrashed twice at home I can't trust them against a team like St Etienne...

Yea if he starts, Gignac to score should be a good bet.

edit: Gignac's on the bench, St Etienne have a fairly defensive line up, unders looks the best bet then.

so I've gone for Under 2.5 @ 1.70

and just in case... Marseille 2-1 @ 7.25

and everyone wins :)

tinodz wrote: »
    Marsille/under 2.5 @ 4.00

My last bet of the year (I think)

Thanks Las and Headshot :)

Radonman wrote: »
    2nd half most goals in the Chelsea/ Villa game @ evens - Villa have improved no end recently and game should be tight in the first half
    Fook me!!! Chelsea 1 up after 2 mins

:D Never looked like loosing :rolleyes: - was a bit worried as it was quite a large stake but it sets me up nicely now for St Stephens Day. Still can't believe the result was reading a lot of stuff about Villa turning a corner and Benteke being a class act etc but all he seemed to be doing was sulking and giving out to his team mates

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Avfctom

:D Never looked like loosing :rolleyes: - was a bit worried as it was quite a large stake but it sets me up nicely now for St Stephens Day. Still can't believe the result was reading a lot of stuff about Villa turning a corner and Benteke being a class act etc but all he seemed to be doing was sulking and giving out to his team mates
    villa didunt turn up we where awful benteke had no service when he did make a good run we delayed the pass numerous times which lead to benteke being offside and getting frustrated was a really bad day i expected a tight game the only player who can hold his head up is brad guzan despite conceding 8 he was superb without his display could of been 15 plus but 8-0 is embarrassing but like with any young side there will be ups and downs need to bounceback quickly not dwell on it

looking ahead to boxing day iv gone for

united to win
    city to win
    chelsea to win
    everton to win

4/1 £30

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

32365737.jpg

Avfctom wrote: »

united to win
    city to win
    chelsea to win
    everton to win

4/1 £30

Just careful on the Everton bet as there are missing Hibbert, Coleman, Fellani and Mirallas plus if Gibson does not get his suspension lifted then him too - there has to be a better 1/2 addition rather then them in fact I think Wigan @ 13/2 or double chance @ 8/5 may be worth a punt, they really should have gotten a result with Arsenal and are well capable of winning 1-0 again like they already did @ Tottenham. Probably won't have a bet on the game though.

The games i'm looking at is Swansea to to win @ Reading 6/4 is a great price imo and Colchester v Brentford - Brentford @ 6/5, there on a great run winning there last two away to Swindon and Notts County ( won last 4/5 games) while Colchester have lost the last 5 games in a row

Just careful on the Everton bet as there are missing Hibbert, Coleman, Fellani and Mirallas plus if Gibson does not get his suspension lifted then him too - there has to be a better 1/2 addition rather then them in fact I think Wigan @ 13/2 or double chance @ 8/5 may be worth a punt, they really should have gotten a result with Arsenal and are well capable of winning 1-0 again like they already did @ Tottenham. Probably won't have a bet on the game though

IMO spurs is an easier place to go than goodison park spurs have a tendancy to lose at home to teams they put away iv been highly impressed by everton this year think they can make the top.4 and these are the games they need to be winning just think wigan are atrocious and will go down this year

Im currently looking at city -1 AH @ 1.925 and Swansea DNB 8/11

double 2.32/1

So, Israeli football then...

0_o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Austria!

Liverpool are 2.4 to beat stoke away. That makes perfect sense. After all, stoke have not lost at home yet and Liverpool have managed to win a whole quarter of their away games.

Stoke to beat Liverpool @ 3.4
    Stoke to draw Liverpool @3.25

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Jose Enrique to score a baby goal and Liverpool to win 1-0. 80/1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,768 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Austria! wrote: »
    Liverpool are 2.4 to beat stoke away. That makes perfect sense. After all, stoke have not lost at home yet and Liverpool have managed to win a whole quarter of their away games.

Stoke to beat Liverpool @ 3.4
    Stoke to draw Liverpool @3.25

Yep was thinking the same also

Stoke & under 2.5 @ 5/1
    Draw & under 2.5 11/4

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,881 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Fancy Stoke aswell, went for Stoke to win 21/10 and Stoke ht/ft 9/2 aswell as a few both teams to score.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,858 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    Yep was thinking the same also

Stoke & under 2.5 @ 5/1
    Draw & under 2.5 11/4

fancy stoke also, crazy price at 9/4

you hit the nail on the head with those two imo
    some price 5/1 on the first one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Kevwoody

Avfctom wrote: »

united to win
    city to win
    chelsea to win
    everton to win

4/1 £30

Paddy power offering 6/1 for city, Chelsea and spurs to win, stuck €25 on it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,768 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Kevwoody wrote: »
    Paddy power offering 6/1 for city, Chelsea and spurs to win, stuck €25 on it

Despite walloping Leeds and Villa i wouldnt be too confident on Chelsea, their schedule will catch up on them sooner rather than later I think and Norwich have been very impressive at home. Tough game to call imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭tip74

Injuries and suspensions:
    Everton FC v Wigan Athletic
    Everton FC: Fellaini (15/8 m), Mirallas (11/1 f), Hibbert (5/0 d), Coleman (12/0 m) (doubtful)
    Wigan Athletic: McCarthy (18/2 m), Ramis (13/1 d) (both doubtful), Lopez (5/0 d), Watson (8/1 m), Miyaichi (4/0 f), Crusat (0/0 m), Alcaraz (2/0 d)
    pick 1

Aston Villa v Tottenham
    Aston Villa: Vlaar (13/0 d), Agbonlahor (13/1 f) (both doubtful), Bent (10/2 f), Gardner (1/0 m), Dunne (0/0 d), Petrov (0/0 m)
    Tottenham: Assou-Ekotto (3/1 d), Dempsey (14/3 m) (both doubtful), Kaboul (1/0 d)
    pick 2

Barnsley FC v Birmingham City
    Barnsley FC: Cranie (18/0 d), Davies (17/8 top scorer, probably out), Buzsaky (5/0 m), Noble-Lazarus (6/1 f), Sinclair (3/0 f), Mellis (19/3 m) (doubtful)
    Birmingham City: King (21/12 top scorer), Caddis (7/0 d), Diop (2/1 m), Lovenkrands (14/2 f), Spector (19/0 d), Ambrose (5/0 m), Murphy (13/0 d), Carr (0/0 d), Asante (0/0 f)
    pick 1

Wolverhampton v Peterborough
    Wolverhampton: Sigurdarson (17/3 f) (doubtful), Margreitter (1/0 d), O'Hara (0/0 m), Peszko (8/0 m), Boukari (4/0 m), Edwards (17/1 m), Mouyokolo (0/0 d), Hennessey (0/0 g), Hunt (0/0 m), Elokobi (0/0 d)
    Peterborough: Ntlhe (11/1 d), Grant (0/0 d), Barnett (0/0 f)
    pick X2

Dundee FC v Celtic FC
    Dundee FC: Davidson (18/1 m), Milne (10/1 f), Finnigan (0/0 f), Kerr (5/0 m), Easton (2/0 d), McCluskey (0/0 m), Grassi (6/0 d), Toshney (6/0 d)
    Celtic FC: Matthews (14/0 d), Commons (13/3 m), Ledley (10/1 m), Stokes (1/0 f)
    pick 2

• Registered Users Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

How are the lads?

Been a while since I entered the gambling section, but being Christmas Day, looking towards St.Stephens' Day football.

Can't see anything other than a United, Everton, City, and a Fulham win. Combined odds make 5.70 which isn't bad.

Also, 9/4 for a RVP assist not bad, if doubled with Duff assist - 13/1.

Good to see Headshot is still firing all cylinders :D

Keep up the good work lads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Wftablueboy

3x25euro doubles and a25 euro treble for tomorrow thanks to 100 euro work bonus is
    Norwich @ 6/1
    Sunderland @5/1
    Stoke @ 13/5
    I'm hoping for a day of upsets tomorrow ......

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement