Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football Tips Thread v3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

For anyone else bored on Christmas day

Hapoel Petah Tikva Women V Hapoel Beer Sheva Women 17 : 00 GMT

Taking a pre kick off bet as 365 has removed it from their in play schedule :(

Beer Sheva getting destroyed easily in their last few games, las meeting between these 2 sides resulted in 11 goals, 8 - 3

Over 4.5 seems generous at 1.800

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

Chelsea win can be got a 1.66 on pp, thats not too shabby at all. last time they played it was a pretty one sided affair, and 13 goals scored in their last two games speaks for itself, I can't see chelsea not get a win here.

BTTS also looks a good shout, comes in almost every Norwich game

• Registered Users Posts: 15 sprinter350

leeds win and becchio to score first 4/1 on PP

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Always delighted to see new poster! but thats a strange nap, he's 5/1 alone just to score 1st with PP, regardless of Leeds winning, better prices in 365 or William hill at 6/1 again just to score 1st.

Your bet can be got at 10/1 with 365, unless you've made a typo somewhere? hope so.

Good luck either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭BBoyle88

PP double the odds if your 1st goalscorer scores twice on all prem games over the festive period. Could me an offer to look into. RVP v toon perhaps

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Kevwoody

BBoyle88 wrote: »
    PP double the odds if your 1st goalscorer scores twice on all prem games over the festive period. Could me an offer to look into. RVP v toon perhaps

Yea I put €20 on RVP @ 3.6, so 7.2 if he scores twice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Kevwoody wrote: »
    Yea I put €20 on RVP @ 3.6, so 7.2 if he scores twice

Would really have waited for the line ups, Fergie will rotate and it's very likely that one of van Persie or Rooney will be rested.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Kevwoody

Blatter wrote: »

Would really have waited for the line ups, Fergie will rotate and it's very likely that one of van Persie or Rooney will be rested.

Good advice, hopefully I haven't jumped the gun on this, although maybe after only getting a draw against Swansea Fergie will play both to ensure a win

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

Rooney did look like the one who needed a rest though - looked terrible against Swansea. Odds will most likely fall on the one playing, so might be worth jumping on early

tinodz wrote: »
    Rooney did look like the one who needed a rest though - looked terrible against Swansea. Odds will most likely fall on the one playing, so might be worth jumping on early

Agreed, Rooney was woeful! No way will fergie rest RVP. Also berbatov could be one to have a small punt at home to southampton; we all know about his avalanche of goals in a few games against the lesser teams...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

Does the offer apply to accums of first goalscorers?Woudn't mind a little speculative bet at big odds.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,275 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Sunderland v man city

Iv gone for city to win the race to 7 corners @ 1/1

I really like this bet. I can see Sunderland being very defensive and it will take city awhile to break them down resulting in many corners I hope.

bradlente wrote: »
    Does the offer apply to accums of first goalscorers?Woudn't mind a little speculative bet at big odds.

Not sure bradlente, highly doubt it!

My thoughts for tomorrow:
    United to ease past a toothless toon, fancy united -1 here. Newcastles bare squad is tiring and they need cabaye back and surely a few purchases in jan.

Chelsea Win v Norwich, they should have too much for Norwich and confidence is surely sky high after last week. I expect the 1st half to be tight and Chelsea to pull away late on. Fancy 2nd half to have the most goals.

Sunderland will give an uninspiring and lethargic city a right game tomorrow and I will be avoiding this.

Over 2.5 goals in Fulham v Southampton in what should be an open end to end game.

Potential Shock of the day; Wigan away to Everton. Any team with osman, hibbert and Naismith is beatable. Fellaini a huge loss and Wigan are playing well without getting the results lately.

Qpr v WBA BTTS. Qpr 1 clean sheet at home all season, last 6 home games have seen both teams scoring. West brom will no doubt be going to London looking for the win.

Happy Christmas to everybody on here and a prosperous new year on the gambling front

• Registered Users Posts: 4,768 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Not sure bradlente, highly doubt it!

My thoughts for tomorrow:
    United to ease past a toothless toon, fancy united -1 here. Newcastles bare squad is tiring and they need cabaye back and surely a few purchases in jan.

Chelsea Win v Norwich, they should have too much for Norwich and confidence is surely sky high after last week. I expect the 1st half to be tight and Chelsea to pull away late on. Fancy 2nd half to have the most goals.

Sunderland will give an uninspiring and lethargic city a right game tomorrow and I will be avoiding this.

Over 2.5 goals in Fulham v Southampton in what should be an open end to end game.

Potential Shock of the day; Wigan away to Everton. Any team with osman, hibbert and Naismith is beatable. Fellaini a huge loss and Wigan are playing well without getting the results lately.

Qpr v WBA BTTS. Qpr 1 clean sheet at home all season, last 6 home games have seen both teams scoring. West brom will no doubt be going to London looking for the win.

Happy Christmas to everybody on here and a prosperous new year on the gambling front

I'm not too sure on Chelsea tbh Norwich have a very good home record against the big teams this season and i'm sure Chelsea are going to have to be feeling all of their travel/games sooner or later, but apart from that I would be agreeing with most of that...except....you dont rate Osman??

• Registered Users Posts: 23,858 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

my lot tomorrow

banker for me is
    stoke dnb at 5/4 no explanation needed, unbeaten at home
    stoke win and 1 or 2 goals in match 5/1 (both pp)
    no goalscorer 7s (365)
    5 stalemates already so it should be
    tight when stoke don't have any decent strikers
    the fact that crouch is their leading scorer with 4 says it all

michu wincast 3/1 pp
    again and obvious one, reading losing their last 7 and swans
    well capable of winning there so good price considering michu
    has scored more than anyone in the league

westbrom dnb 6/5 (365) 5/4 with pp...didnt shop around
    Harry has done ok with Qpr but the fact is that they have won
    one game in 18 and are bottom of the pile whilst brom are
    sitting pretty in 7th
    the fact that qpr are around 13/10 at home is laughable imo
    No doubt plenty of layers will be filling their boots on that one
    along with liverpool as it would take a brave man (or a fan) to back either.

I can't help but get the feeling a lot will lump on chelsea or stick
    them in doubles and trebles will be left shellshocked tomorrow

its easy to get carried away with a team winning by 8 but norwich
    are no pushovers
    they wont give chelsea an inch like united and it'll be a very different
    game for chelsea
    saying that i could still see chelsea winning by a goal but at 4/6 for
    an away win..no thanks, no value
    i wonder what price chelsea were for this game before the villa win?

mailburner wrote: »
    I can't help but get the feeling a lot will lump on chelsea or stick
    them in doubles and trebles will be left shellshocked tomorrow

its easy to get carried away with a team winning by 8 but norwich
    are no pushovers
    they wont give chelsea an inch like united and it'll be a very different
    game for chelsea
    saying that i could still see chelsea winning by a goal but at 4/6 for
    an away win..no thanks, no value
    i wonder what price chelsea were for this game before the villa win?

Agreed, Norwich are in great form themselves but I just feel they don't have the squad to keep this run going. It should be a tight match alright but I just feel Chelsea have that bit of class to open them up and if they go ahead I reckon Norwich don't have ability to chase the game. That was proven when Liverpool demolished them. I won't be lumping at those odds but I will be doubling up with united

P.Walnuts wrote: »

I'm not too sure on Chelsea tbh Norwich have a very good home record against the big teams this season and i'm sure Chelsea are going to have to be feeling all of their travel/games sooner or later, but apart from that I would be agreeing with most of that...except....you dont rate Osman??

Not really, he's def not a top 6 midfielder. Nowhere near as good as dembele or cazorla. Sure as god he'll score tomorrow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,768 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Not really, he's def not a top 6 midfielder. Nowhere near as good as dembele or cazorla. Sure as god he'll score tomorrow :)

Not as good as those two sure, but he is still a very effective player. I was gonna say underrated, but he was so underrated it came full circle (after his England call up) and I reckon now he probably gets as much praise as is deserved.

Billy McKay Anytime (Inverness vs St Mirren) @ 2.50 (on PP) seems like a bit of a gift to me (other sites are offering 1.80).

The guy is a goal scoring machine (19 appearances, 14 goals), and should knock on in during the match IMO.

St Mirren currently have very spotty away from, and Inverness are on a good run at home. McKay has scored in most recent home matches, and he is Inverness' penalty kick taker too.

€20 it is! :)

• Advertisement

tinodz wrote: »
    Billy McKay Anytime (Inverness vs St Mirren) @ 2.50 (on PP) seems like a bit of a gift to me (other sites are offering 1.80).

The guy is a goal scoring machine (19 appearances, 14 goals)

€20 it is! :)

great spot in fairness
    9 goals in his last 5 games make that price look huge especially against
    st mirren

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭MikeyGorse

Both teams to score:
    Huddersfield/Blackpool 4/7
    Bournemouth/Yeovil 8/11
    Stevenage/Coventry 4/6
    Norwich/Chelsea 4/6
    Cardiff/Crystal Palace 8/11

15 pays 195.34 (bet365)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Headshot wrote: »
    Sunderland v man city

Iv gone for city to win the race to 7 corners @ 1/1

I really like this bet. I can see Sunderland being very defensive and it will take city awhile to break them down resulting in many corners I hope.

Going to take the team corners city over 6,5 @1.83
    Utd over 7,5
    Reading over 5,5

@5,5 in the treble

I am pretty sure if my City 6,5 wins, yours wins as well but i prefer the team corners over the race

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

A Facebook page has been giving good tips market so I said I'll have a punt today

€20 Treble

Celtic -1 vs Dundee 4/7
    Brentford 1/1
    Brechin vs Arbroath BTTS YES 4/9

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Austria!

Austria! wrote: »
    Liverpool are 2.4 to beat stoke away. That makes perfect sense. After all, stoke have not lost at home yet and Liverpool have managed to win a whole quarter of their away games.

Stoke to beat Liverpool @ 3.4
    Stoke to draw Liverpool @3.25

Wish I waited on this one...
    Can anyone at all tell me why stoke are now @ 4 to beat Liverpool?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭stingerro

Austria! wrote: »
    Wish I waited on this one...
    Can anyone at all tell me why stoke are now @ 4 to beat Liverpool?
    I have no idea. But Stoke double chance 17/20 looks like a fantastic bet. From TX Odds move:
    Stoke v Liverpool - MOVE ON LIVERPOOL Stoke miss Adam, Delap, Wilson. Stoke best defensive record & hard beat at home. Liverpool 11/10 - NO!
    Don't think any of this missing is a big problem for hosts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Liverpool are always the best lay in town but today's price is astonishing, one of the biggest lays of the season today. They always struggle in Stoke in the league, and imo Stoke have improved this season while Pool are at best going sideways. Stoke haven't lost a league game there in 10 months. Only takes one decent win these days for the mugs to plough into Liverpool thinking they're about to go on some sort of resurgant winning streak but they usually return to inconsistency. Anything can happen in a game but this is priced up ludicrously.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

As an Everton fan I have watched Osman closely for years. After Hibbo he's the longest serving player at the club. He had always been a bit hit and miss as had a tendency to go missing in games. Now, however, he is playing centrally every week and not out on the wing. He has been brilliant thus far and one of our most consistent performers. Slate him at your peril. Osman win cast for me after this ;)

:pac:
    Rekop dog wrote: »
    Liverpool are always the best lay in town but today's price is astonishing, one of the biggest lays of the season today. They always struggle in Stoke in the league, and imo Stoke have improved this season while Pool are at best going sideways. Stoke haven't lost a league game there in 10 months. Only takes one decent win these days for the mugs to plough into Liverpool thinking they're about to go on some sort of resurgant winning streak but they usually return to inconsistency. Anything can happen in a game but this is priced up ludicrously.

Liverpool will consistently do the opposite of what punters want them to do. Logic does not cover them any more - gambling wise.

• Advertisement

As mentioned yesterday, really fancy the 2nd half in the Norwich v Chelsea game to produce the most goals, evens with PP. Chelsea's last 2 games have seen them score 5 in the 2nd half. Norwich will keep things very tight and Chelsea will bide their time and wait for Norwich to tire and make mistakes. Reckon this bet will come up for a lot of games today as teams will be sluggish after the festive break

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement