Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football Tips Thread v3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

McKay is now down to Evens on Paddy - still okay, but 2.50 was great. I hope the bugger scores now :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

BBoyle88 wrote: »
    As mentioned yesterday, really fancy the 2nd half in the Norwich v Chelsea game to produce the most goals, evens with PP. Chelsea's last 2 games have seen them score 5 in the 2nd half. Norwich will keep things very tight and Chelsea will bide their time and wait for Norwich to tire and make mistakes. Reckon this bet will come up for a lot of games today as teams will be sluggish after the festive break

o.O 5 of them in the last game...

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭PurpleSt4in

Everton v Wigan DRAW
    QPR v W Brom DRAW
    Stoke v Liverpool DRAW
    Fulham v Southampton FULHAM

My ambitious low stake bet @ 80/1

• Registered Users Posts: 39,546 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

• Registered Users Posts: 4,768 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

KevIRL wrote: »

Don't like it at all, the max 12.50 bet is kind of baffling too. Neither City or Chelsea look great to me to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

tinodz wrote: »
    :pac:

Liverpool will consistently do the opposite of what punters want them to do. Logic does not cover them any more - gambling wise.

This is an illogical statement, they are and have been a very profitable lay over the past few seasons.

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    Don't like it at all, the max 12.50 bet is kind of baffling too. Neither City or Chelsea look great to me to be honest.

They max a lot of these Facebook/Twitter specials at £10 or €12.50

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Austria!

P.Walnuts wrote: »

I don't fancy either of Chelsea or Man City at the odds you get them in the bookies, but 5/1? That's brilliant. If you think it isn't then you have to be laying one or either of those teams.

Great odds.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,768 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

KevIRL wrote: »
    They max a lot of these Facebook/Twitter specials at £10 or €12.50

Oh ye I know, but i remember last year it used to be the "pricegasm" specials they capped (eg United evns at home to Villa 20 euro max). Those seemed to have disappeared though.

Find it odd that they would cap a treble, especially at 12.50. 20/30 would make more sense to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭PurpleSt4in

Everton v Wigan Athletic
    Jelavic a/t @ 5/6

Fulham v Southampton
    Fulham to score 2+ @ 8/11

Man Utd v Newcastle
    United @ 1/4

Norwich v Chelsea
    Under 2.5 @ 5/4

QPR v West Brom
    Draw @ 12/5

Reading v Swansea
    Michu a/t @ 7/5

Sunderland v Man City
    Man City to score 2+ @ 8/13

Aston Villa v Tottenham
    Over 2.5 @ 4/5

Stoke v Liverpool
    Stoke DNB @ 13/8

554/1, I haven't actually got this on but just got bored and decided I'd give my two cents for the day. A few surprises in store I'd imagine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,275 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Not the greatest lineup for man utd

Just asking for trouble

With Scholes and Giggs starting and no attacking cover on the bench, NEwcastle at 10's are worth a speculative bet imo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭stingerro

Every time Scholes is starting I am thinking if I should take a bet of him being booked with his terrible tackling. But probably today Newcastle will be too defensive to go this route.

Romelu Lukaku @ 21/10 anytime scorer

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭BBoyle88

Agreed, Rooney was woeful! No way will fergie rest RVP. Also berbatov could be one to have a small punt at home to southampton; we all know about his avalanche of goals in a few games against the lesser teams...

Berbatov lovely, double odds if he scores again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Voltwad wrote: »

As an Everton fan I have watched Osman closely for years. After Hibbo he's the longest serving player at the club. He had always been a bit hit and miss as had a tendency to go missing in games. Now, however, he is playing centrally every week and not out on the wing. He has been brilliant thus far and one of our most consistent performers. Slate him at your peril. Osman win cast for me after this ;)

Good signs :p

As an Everton fan I have watched Osman closely for years. After Hibbo he's the longest serving player at the club. He had always been a bit hit and miss as had a tendency to go missing in games. Now, however, he is playing centrally every week and not out on the wing. He has been brilliant thus far and one of our most consistent performers. Slate him at your peril. Osman win cast for me after this ;)
    As a fellow Toffee fan I salute you :cool:

Good signs :p
    Haha he just had to score

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

Chelsea win can be got a 1.66 on pp, thats not too shabby at all. last time they played it was a pretty one sided affair, and 13 goals scored in their last two games speaks for itself, I can't see chelsea not get a win here.

I love it when a plan comes together :D

Headshot wrote: »
    Sunderland v man city

Iv gone for city to win the race to 7 corners @ 1/1

I really like this bet. I can see Sunderland being very defensive and it will take city awhile to break them down resulting in many corners I hope.

last second of game win

I ****ing love those kind of wins

what a rush

get the **** in go wan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

tinodz wrote: »
    Billy McKay Anytime (Inverness vs St Mirren) @ 2.50 (on PP) seems like a bit of a gift to me (other sites are offering 1.80).

The guy is a goal scoring machine (19 appearances, 14 goals), and should knock on in during the match IMO.

St Mirren currently have very spotty away from, and Inverness are on a good run at home. McKay has scored in most recent home matches, and he is Inverness' penalty kick taker too.

€20 it is! :)

Dammit. Sorry people if you followed :(

Teams very sluggish today, under 1.5 goals in 3 of the 7 prem games

Villa look dodgy from crosses and spurs danger man is Jan Vertonghen and @ 5/1 anytime scorer (crap odds tbh) iv gone for him

Teams very sluggish today, under 1.5 goals in 3 of the 7 prem games
    I think Boxing Day last year was also very underish.
    Headshot wrote: »
    Villa look dodgy from crosses and spurs danger man is Jan Vertonghen and @ 5/1 anytime scorer (crap odds tbh) iv gone for him
    I remember what happened last time when I missed you betting on him. This time I am missing it on purpose, but - good luck (even if odds are quite crap like you said).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

wow cant believe stoke draw no bet is 7/4. unbeaten at home and only 3 goals conceded at home

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Under 2.5 in Aston Villa vs Spurs @ 1.87

It should be an underish game imo, Villa will want to bounce back from that defeat vs Chelsea but it'll be hard for to score past Lloris.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

I see El Amadi starts for Villa

To receive a card @3.1

stingerro wrote: »
    I remember what happened last time when I missed you betting on him. This time I am missing it on purpose, but - good luck (even if odds are quite crap like you said).

Dont blame ya for giving it a miss, its worth only a tenner from me tbh

inforfun wrote: »
    I see El Amadi starts for Villa

To receive a card @3.1
    Damm, I was checking him a few days ago before Chelsea match and he was benched. Forgot about it today. Good luck.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

He has been on the bench a lot lately.
    was just curious if he played today and then decided to take him.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement