Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football Tips Thread v3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,275 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Sunderland v spurs

I really like the spurs to win the race to 7 corners. After what I saw against Villa, I think ill have some of that 6/5. Granted villa and sunderland are very different but once again I can see Sunderland being defensive and hoping to get spurs on the break or a bit of luck. The difference this time is spurs have superb wingers and this is best way to beat a defensive team like sunderland and they'll atttack the R&L backs of sunderland resulting in many corners I hope

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

stoke to win is a nice price but beware their best defender(Shawcross) is serving a suspension, as well as their regular full-back Cameron, in case ye didn't know. might dent the chances of a clean sheet too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭stingerro

manual_man wrote: »
    stoke to win is a nice price but beware their best defender(Shawcross) is serving a suspension, as well as their regular full-back Cameron, in case ye didn't know. might dent the chances of a clean sheet too
    I think having Shotton as replacement for Cameron will only improve Stoke attacking (unless Pullis will go for Wilkinson and Wilson as full backs), not only because Shotton is the closest copy of Rory Delap and his throws they have in the team. But I agree Shawcross will be a big miss defensively and I can see guests nick one goal.

One more thing, Southampton have probably the worst bunch of goalkeepers in the league, I can see them (whoever will start) be murdered with crosses. And their defensive line is a liability as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Sunderland v Spurs
    Spurs have recovered from a wobble at the start of November and their league form is very impressive. They have won 5 and drawn one of their last 7 with the only blot on their recent form being a defeat at Everton where they went down to two injury time strikes. Sunderland's form has improved of late too winning 3 of the last four including an excellent win last time out over the champions. With both teams in confident mood I like the draw at 12/5.
    Gareth bale anytime scorer at 2/1 looks a fantastic price for a player with 6 goals in his last 6 league starts, and he'll be full of confidence after his hat trick against Villa.
    Arsenal v Newcastle
    Arsenal go into this game on the back of their best run of league form all season having won their last 3 league games. They will also be considerably fresher than their opponents having seen their St. Stephen's day clash with West Ham postponed. Newcastle enter this game in a bad run of form having lost 7 of their last 9 league encounters with the 2 other games being home victories over basement outfits Wigan and QPR. They have yet to win on their travels and have lost their last four away games. Arsenal's home form has been okay, however, with the injuries Newcastle have and the extra rest Arsenal have had I can't look past an Arsenal win. Arsenal are still a tad short for me at 2/5 especially with recent shock home defeats to Swansea fresh on the mind. I think a far better bet is for both teams to score at 5/6. Newcastle have scored in 7 of their 9 away games and but for the woodwork could have incredibly scored more than the 3 they managed at Old Trafford last time out. On the other hand they have yet to keep a clean sheet on their travels and only 4 teams have a worse defensive record away from home than Newcastle (18 goals conceded in 9 games). 5 of 8 teams have found the net at the Emirates this season with 4 of these teams finding the net at least twice, so Arsenal do give chances away from home and you'd fancy Newcastle's strikers to take one of these chances.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

manual_man wrote: »

*backs away from bank account*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

20 euro treble with tips being taken from the same Facebook page I used in my last treble

Al hilal ridayh 1/7. 12:15KO Saudi Arabian League
    Al ain 1/3 12:50 KO UAE CUP
    Al Kuwait 1/4 15:10Ko. Kuwait cup

• Registered Users Posts: 16,430 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Shane St. wrote: »
    BTTS in Utd games is always a good idea...

Is it possible to bet on a team to concede first but go on to win, would also be handy for a lot of United games. Have done the losing at HT but go on to win with them a few times but only won once, works out that way less often.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Is it possible to bet on a team to concede first but go on to win, would also be handy for a lot of United games. Have done the losing at HT but go on to win with them a few times but only won once, works out that way less often.
    Bet365 has "win from behind", I think it is under "specials"

inforfun wrote: »
    Bet365 has "win from behind", I think it is under "specials"

Sorry don't see it. Is there a selection of 'specials' in the list of markets for individual games?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,880 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Sorry don't see it. Is there a selection of 'specials' in the list of markets for individual games?

Yeah, click on any game and you will see a specials section, click on it, then click on win from behind - Utd are 11/2 to win from behind.

• Advertisement

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Yeah, click on any game and you will see a specials section, click on it, then click on win from behind - Utd are 11/2 to win from behind.

Oh right I see it now cheers. 11/2 not brilliant odds, hopefully you'd get better when they're playing a lower-ranked team.

My current betting 'strategy' is to follow the Sky Sports super 6 thing and bet on the scoreline with the greatest consensus, constantly living in the hope that there's some bulletproof source of tips out there...

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭luis suarez

Man Utd v West Brom

Man utd can't seem to keep a clean sheet at all this year and if the strikers have a bad day the 10/1 on west brom could be huge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

A few thoughts for tomorrows games.
    Ill be following the Stoke Tip - Stoke to win @ 4/5 .
    Burnley v Leicester - Under 2.5 goals @ 10/11 PP seems savage value ( i was expecting 4/6 or 4/7 when i spotted it) Both teams are 5/5 unders in their last 5 home and away games - i'll be having a good stake on this as a single and i will probably do a double too with unders in the Fulham v Swansea game @ 5/6 - most Swansea away games go under (last 4/5 - 10 for 8 against average of 2 per game)) and looks like they will miss Michu, enough said.
    Colcherster v Swindon - Colchester in terrible form lately lost last 4/5 at home and 4/5 of them covered the handicap, Swindon won last 3/5 away and covered the handicap in all 3 - Colchester have beaten no one above them lately and Swindon looks nice @ 10/11 @ Lads and (-1) @ 13/5 with Lads too
    Sheffield Utd V Hartelpool @ 1/3 is great for the accums but Sheff Utd (-1) @ evens looks good considering their home form and Hartlepools dismal form this year - 7 goals for and 24 against tells it owns story away from home
    One more is Barnsley 6/4 @ home to managerless Blackburn - i know Barnsley are no great shapes themselves but Blackburn have been rubbish and the moral must stink too and a trip to Barnsley must be the last thing they want - small stake

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

gone big on Van Persie top scorer at 6/4. fancy it anyway, but Michu being ruled out for tomorrows game as well as possibly the game after should see Rvp's odds shorten

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

I'm going big on this double:
    Man City
    Stoke double chance
    @ 1.78

Man City haven't lost 2 Premier League games in a row since 2010, they always bounce back from a defeat. Last year, when they lost 1-0 away to Sunderland, they went on to beat Liverpool 3-0. Last season they won 6-1 away to Norwich (and 5-1 at home), Norwich seem to have lost their momentum, having lost their last 2 games.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

I'm going big on this double:
    Man City
    Stoke double chance
    @ 1.78

Man City haven't lost 2 Premier League games in a row since 2010, they always bounce back from a defeat. Last year, when they lost 1-0 away to Sunderland, they went on to beat Liverpool 3-0. Last season they won 6-1 away to Norwich (and 5-1 at home), Norwich seem to have lost their momentum, having lost their last 2 games.

City really struggling at the moment. I'd be wary of that bet, Norwich have beaten United and Arsenal at home and Chelsea just about got the job done last weekend.

City really struggling at the moment. I'd be wary of that bet, Norwich have beaten United and Arsenal at home and Chelsea just about got the job done last weekend.

Yea but they're 7 points behind Utd, they really can't afford to drop more points, hopefully the City players will want to show their true level tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,846 ✭✭✭Polar101

Betfair offers these too, the odds are usually around 8-1 to 11-1 (depending on the game of course) so they can be very nice bets.

Yea but they're 7 points behind Utd, they really can't afford to drop more points, hopefully the City players will want to show their true level tomorrow.

But where do you think the performance is going to come from? They were putrid against Reading, scraped over the line and were again awful against Sunderland. Surely if they were capable of just turning it on they would have done it at Sunderland?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,050 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Man U, Sheff Utd, Stoke dnb, Cardiff dnb 2/1

• Advertisement

But where do you think the performance is going to come from? They were putrid against Reading, scraped over the line and were again awful against Sunderland. Surely if they were capable of just turning it on they would have done it at Sunderland?

Yea they've had two bad games but they're still 2nd in the table and have great players like Aguero, Tevez, Toure etc. Maybe they were overconfident cuz they eventually managed to score vs Reading and thought the same thing would happen vs Sunderland. I just can't see them play that bad for a 3rd time in a row.

Yea they've had two bad games but they're still 2nd in the table and have great players like Aguero, Tevez, Toure etc. Maybe they were overconfident cuz they eventually managed to score vs Reading and thought the same thing would happen vs Sunderland. I just can't see them play that bad for a 3rd time in a row.

You've more faith in them than I have they've lost three of their last five and been abysmal in three of those games Reading, Sunderland and Dortmund. The loss to United was a little unlucky to be fair to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,858 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

reckon no more than chelsea that they might scrape past norwich
    but the fact chelsea were a better price to beat norwich baffles me

worst bets out there than norwich dnb imo @ 4/1

mailburner wrote: »
    reckon no more than chelsea that they might scrape past norwich
    but the fact chelsea were a better price to beat norwich baffles me

worst bets out there than norwich dnb imo @ 4/1

yeah thats what baffled me as well. Norwich +1 is a decent bet.

Also if you really think City are going to do it I would personally go draw halftime/City Fulltime

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,880 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Gone for First and anytime goalscorers this weekend (pp)

Berbatov - 9/2 and 5/4 - scored first the last time and should have scored again - apparently Fulham have to relax and pass it to him:pac:

Jelavic - 6/1 and 15/8 - overdue a goal I think
    Torres - 6/1 and 9/5 is scoring his goals early in matches and would love to score against everton
    Walcott - 9/2 and 11/10... fancy him to score in recent games and has had a nice rest also

Contemplating Baines at 18/1 and 13/2 also, pops up with the odd important goal, tempting with those odds

I don't think any of the first goalscorers got a second the last day - hope that changes, like the sound of the double odds on pp

Regarding BTTS Yes - most people see Everton and Chelsea as a shoe in at 8/13, Arsenal v Newcastle at 4/6 should double up nicely, as Arsenal rarely keep a clean sheet at home and Newcastle should be confident of scoring at least 1 given their 3 at OT.

Finally I'm backing Stoke to do it again. Win 4/5, ht\ft 9/5 and -1 23/10 they are one of the most solid home teams and Southampton are píss poor away from home. I hope they don't change their formation though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Stoke 4/5
    Sheff Utd -1 10/11
    Port Vale DNB 5/6
    Brentford 11/10
    Swindon 10/11
    Tranmere 8/11

All form sides playing teams well below them in their Leagues.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

20 euro treble with tips being taken from the same Facebook page I used in my last treble

Al hilal ridayh 1/7. 12:15KO Saudi Arabian League
    Al ain 1/3 12:50 KO UAE CUP
    Al Kuwait 1/4 15:10Ko. Kuwait cup

BOOM!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,858 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

ShamoBuc wrote: »

BTTS Yes Arsenal v Newcastle at 4/6

was in a betpack shop today (mulhollands)
    and btts was 5/6 for this game and the same
    price for the utd brom game (on the footie coupon)

was expecting 4/6 or shorter on both of these to be honest

considering two singles at those odds along with stoke

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭mr.wiggle

BOOM!

lets be avin that facebook link, copper_pipe!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

BOOM!

That Dom Holmes page More Than a Tipster? This page?
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/More-Than-A-Tipster/308560572568120?fref=ts

Don't hand him over any cash to get into the 'group' though, the free page seems ok.

As always use your judgement before going in blind...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement