Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football Tips Thread v3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Bangor V Prestatyn 19 : 30

Emergency keeper signed today for opposition Prestatyn, never trained with the club, lets hope he's pants, he's returned from retirement to stand in between the posts.
    Got Bangor win yesterday at 2.05,

Can still get Bangor win and over 2.5 with Marathon @1.95,
    Or Bangor asian -1 @ 2.00 with a few books.

Bangor also with some problems, missing 2 1st team defenders so not as straight forward as odds probably suggest.

Wet an windy in wales tonight so beware, but theres usually a few goals between the pair

• Registered Users Posts: 54,275 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Villa v wigan

I'm tempted to go for kone anytime scorer @2/1.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭BBoyle88

BOOM!

Jaysus that tipster is class, 1/7, 1/4 and 1/3 :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Stoke and Spurs my main bets for tomorrow, think Arsenal are a bet aswell, been a tough week for Newcastle while Arsenal had a break

Celtic -1 away to hibs tomorrow.

Celtic have covered -1 in ther last 4 Away league games and morale around celtic park is the highest it has been in 3 years. The fans are back on lennons side which is a big factor in Scotland.
    Hooper and samaras are playing brilliantly and celtic have tightened up at the back and have an excellent keeper in Forster.
    Hibs are a terrible team, lost their last 3 home games.
    Celtic will want to go into the jan break on a high and always up their game when they travel to the capital. They beat hearts 4-0 away a few weeks back. Celtics squad is twice the size of hibs, another crucial factor around the hectic festive period.
    Hibs also have clowns like shefki Kuqi playing for them so I fully expect a convincing away win, 4-1.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,880 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

BBoyle88 wrote: »

That was my first thought also, - but his 2 previous tips were about 5/2 and 4/1 I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

He actually had All Kuwait -1 but I only realised that after

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,880 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

He actually had All Kuwait -1 but I only realised that after

Lucky you, I think they didn't cover it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Like the 11/10 about Spurs in the early kick off tomorrow. Sunderland have looked slightly better of late with Johnson and Sess coming into a bit of form but really like the way AVB has Spurs looking recently, they've got bundles of quality options to bring in in midfield which is a massive bonus at this conjested period to be able to make adjustment without affecting the overall quality too much.

Rekop dog wrote: »
    Like the 11/10 about Spurs in the early kick off tomorrow. Sunderland have looked slightly better of late with Johnson and Sess coming into a bit of form but really like the way AVB has Spurs looking recently, they've got bundles of quality options to bring in in midfield which is a massive bonus at this conjested period to be able to make adjustment without affecting the overall quality too much.

Yeah teams with bigger squads should prevail tomorrow e.g city v Norwich, celtic v hibs and u could say chelsea v Everton also. A bit unfair with teams having 2 home games or 2 away games. Spurs had to travel to bimingham to play villa, back to London then back up north to Sunderland, you would imagine it disrupts their routine and preparation

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Bangor V Prestatyn 19 : 30

Emergency keeper signed today for opposition Prestatyn, never trained with the club, lets hope he's pants, he's returned from retirement to stand in between the posts.
    Got Bangor win yesterday at 2.05,

Can still get Bangor win and over 2.5 with Marathon @1.95,
    Or Bangor asian -1 @ 2.00 with a few books.

Bangor also with some problems, missing 2 1st team defenders so not as straight forward as odds probably suggest.

Wet an windy in wales tonight so beware, but theres usually a few goals between the pair

Bloody let in 2 after 90 to draw 3-3 :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

gonna take Tiote at 7/1(Skybet) to get carded first nice price i reckon, once the lineups confirmed the bet is on

Yeah teams with bigger squads should prevail tomorrow e.g city v Norwich, celtic v hibs and u could say chelsea v Everton also. A bit unfair with teams having 2 home games or 2 away games. Spurs had to travel to bimingham to play villa, back to London then back up north to Sunderland, you would imagine it disrupts their routine and preparation

Not as much as travelling to Greece or Solvenia for Europa ties. Being regular enough qualifiers for Europe these days they're used to short turnover in games and travel.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,733 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Taking advantage of PP offer again on double first scorer odds if player scores 2 or more.

10 on Berbatov @ 4/1
    10 on RVP @ 5/2

Not as much as travelling to Greece or Solvenia for Europa ties. Being regular enough qualifiers for Europe these days they're used to short turnover in games and travel.

Yeah that's true, funnily spurs won their 3 league games after their 3 away EL games haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 54,275 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Headshot wrote: »
    Sunderland v spurs

I really like the spurs to win the race to 7 corners. After what I saw against Villa, I think ill have some of that 6/5. Granted villa and sunderland are very different but once again I can see Sunderland being defensive and hoping to get spurs on the break or a bit of luck. The difference this time is spurs have superb wingers and this is best way to beat a defensive team like sunderland and they'll atttack the R&L backs of sunderland resulting in many corners I hope

yap on that

Odds drifted on away team win too which I find strange enough

• Registered Users Posts: 16,747 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Fowler87 wrote: »
    Taking advantage of PP offer again on double first scorer odds if player scores 2 or more.

10 on Berbatov @ 4/1
    10 on RVP @ 5/2

Both good calls as Ruiz looks like he will start thus sending Berba further forward but RVP could be dodgy as Utd do tend to go behind.

dahat wrote: »

Both good calls as Ruiz looks like he will start thus sending Berba further forward but RVP could be dodgy as Utd do tend to go behind.

I like Benteke home to Wigan, seems to be villas focal point

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

spurs
    stoke
    man city

treble

I like Benteke home to Wigan, seems to be villas focal point

9\2 first goalscorer on pp, have been on him for the past 2 games - 2 hidings to nil:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

Just took a look at the most assists market on Boyles.

Juan Mata is 6/1 to win despite being joint current leader with 7. He's central to everything Chelsea do and on a number of corners and free kicks. Looks generous to me.

Offering each way to 4th.

Assists are according to Press Association.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Austria!

Arsenal have been rubbish this season, mainly I think because RVP has simply not been replaced. Newcastle have underperformed massively too, but fundamentally are the same team as last year and are looking a bit better of late. There are caveats to this point, but how they performed against Utd at the weekend was such an improvement compared to how they played against Utd at home.

I feel a draw @4.75 is too good to pass up. And I certainly feel the odds on arsenal winning are too short.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Austria! wrote: »
    Arsenal have been rubbish this season, mainly I think because RVP has simply not been replaced. Newcastle have underperformed massively too, but fundamentally are the same team as last year and are looking a bit better of late. There are caveats to this point, but how they performed against Utd at the weekend was such an improvement compared to how they played against Utd at home.

I feel a draw @4.75 is too good to pass up. And I certainly feel the odds on arsenal winning are too short.

Newcastle are pretty decimated by injuries - Gutierrez and Anita out for Arsenal match - Williamson suspended- on top of their other injures - Ben Arfa, Cabaye, S Taylor, R taylor - i fancy Arsenal to over-run them in midfield and give them a bit of a hiding. Might look at what's on offer for the handicap markets

Juan Mata is 6/1 to win despite being joint current leader with 7. He's central to everything Chelsea do and on a number of corners and free kicks. Looks generous to me.

Offering each way to 4th.

Chance he might start on the bench imo, rested Hazard for the first time this season last game, and Oscar the game before that, might well be Mata's turn to sit one out tomorrow.

Any of those 'anytime' or 'most' markets are dangerous territory around this Xmas spell especially in teams who've big enough squads to rest players.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Austria!

Any of those 'anytime' or 'most' markets are dangerous territory around this Xmas spell especially in teams who've big enough squads to rest players.

He's not talking about a match bet, he's talking outright for the season.

Juan Mata is 6/1 to win despite being joint current leader with 7

Assists are dubious things. If you look at the EPL site you see that Eden Hazard has 11 assists, but you're looking at the wikipedia which has him back on 6. Boyle's probably knows which data they should be looking at.
    manual_man wrote: »
    Newcastle are pretty decimated by injuries - Gutierrez and Anita out for Arsenal match - Williamson suspended- on top of their other injures - Ben Arfa, Cabaye, S Taylor, R taylor - i fancy Arsenal to over-run them in midfield and give them a bit of a hiding. Might look at what's on offer for the handicap markets

The only 2 who played against United were Williamson and Anita (who I used to think was rubbish but actually isn't), but that's a fair counterpoint to my post.

Arsenal have a far superior defence and midfield to united at the moment. They will deprive Newcastle of possession, I reckon arsenals poss stats will be 60%+, newcastles injury list is crippling and arsenal will be fresh after a free Boxing Day. 2 of toons 3 goals v united were from defensive errors. I watched them away to Fulham and home to Wigan and they were extremely poor.

Home win.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,858 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

4 singles for me

on stoke at 4/5 like so many others for reasons pointed out
    by others esp sotons away form but not getting too carried
    away by stoke putting 3 past liverpool
    11 goals scored in 9 home games wouldn't make me want
    to go mad on anything extra like the handicap markets

under 2.5 norw/manc 11/10 (pp)
    norwich wont want to lose three in a row and if manc win
    i think itll be similar to chelsea (0-1)
    they've lost twice at home all season v chelsa and pool (2-5)
    norwich have conceded 9 in 9 whilst manc have only
    conceded 7 goals in 9 away games
    that alone makes 11/10 look like a good price for the unders

both to score newc arse 5/6 (lads)

both to score manu brom 5/6 (lads)

manu rarely keep cs lately and have only kept two at home
    all season (v wham and wigan)
    west brom surely capable of scoring and have scored in
    7 of their 9 away games

just have a good feeling about the other game
    newcastle might get walloped but I think they'll get a goal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭stingerro

Over 12 corners in QPR-Liverpool match is around evens, do I miss something? It looks like a great bet for Sunday.

Off-topic: Lasagna, Tilted Brain, Inforfun and Netnerd - you should have an important e-mails at your inbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

Radonman wrote: »
    A few thoughts for tomorrows games.
    Ill be following the Stoke Tip - Stoke to win @ 4/5 .
    Burnley v Leicester - Under 2.5 goals @ 10/11 PP seems savage value ( i was expecting 4/6 or 4/7 when i spotted it) Both teams are 5/5 unders in their last 5 home and away games - i'll be having a good stake on this as a single and i will probably do a double too with unders in the Fulham v Swansea game @ 5/6 - most Swansea away games go under (last 4/5 - 10 for 8 against average of 2 per game)) and looks like they will miss Michu, enough said.
    Colcherster v Swindon - Colchester in terrible form lately lost last 4/5 at home and 4/5 of them covered the handicap, Swindon won last 3/5 away and covered the handicap in all 3 - Colchester have beaten no one above them lately and Swindon looks nice @ 10/11 @ Lads and (-1) @ 13/5 with Lads too
    Sheffield Utd V Hartelpool @ 1/3 is great for the accums but Sheff Utd (-1) @ evens looks good considering their home form and Hartlepools dismal form this year - 7 goals for and 24 against tells it owns story away from home
    One more is Barnsley 6/4 @ home to managerless Blackburn - i know Barnsley are no great shapes themselves but Blackburn have been rubbish and the moral must stink too and a trip to Barnsley must be the last thing they want - small stake
    Swindon game off - don't want anyone tying up their money like me :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

pithater1 wrote: »
    Bloody let in 2 after 90 to draw 3-3 :mad:

Actually disgusting, 3 - 0 with 12 minutes left.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement