Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football Tips Thread v3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,275 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

wow im shocked at the man utd team

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Headshot wrote: »

Why? Fergie had said they'd be rotating. RVP was always going to miss a game somewhere along the way. And it seems the only difference to the usual team is Welbeck and Kagawa are in. Kag has potential to be a big star at the team, and will be a regular first teamer once he's fully fit. So the only thing to be "shocked" at is Welbeck starting, and even then, he should be ok to do well. :D

Have a two quid free bet with PP, and have put it on Welbeck to score twice, since he's the focal point of the United attack today :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Not surprised tbh. Games are coming thick and fast. Fergie was bound to rotate. Still a decent team and should have too much for West Bromwich.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Ballinamallard v Crusaders
    Crusaders 11/10
    Crusaders already beat Ballinamallard twice this season hopefully make it 3 after today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭squirrelohara

Is Walcott going to start up front today?? Paddys are doing an enhanced special of Walcott to score and arsenal to win @ 2/1.
    I think they could win this game handy enough if they are on form. And walcott may well score if hes a striker

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Over 11 corners in the United game @ evens

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭maamom

Treble for today:

Stoke @ 10/11
    For reasons already stated

Reading v West Ham Under 2.5 @ 9/10
    Reading have completely changed to a defensive organised system since the Arsenal game and its working. West Ham not the most prolific scorers either.

Sheffield Utd -1 @ 21/20
    Good Value top against bottom and United score plenty of goals

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

MCFC line-up : Hart, Zabaleta, Kompany, Nastasic, Clichy, Yaya, Barry, Nasri, Silva, Aguero, Dzeko

Dzeko anytime @ 2.50

Didn't take long :P

MCFC line-up : Hart, Zabaleta, Kompany, Nastasic, Clichy, Yaya, Barry, Nasri, Silva, Aguero, Dzeko

Dzeko anytime @ 2.50

that was quick LD :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Kevwoody

redzerdrog wrote: »
    spurs
    stoke
    man city

treble

I went for this too, €50 returns €323, one down two to go!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭BBoyle88

magherakid wrote: »

that was quick LD :D

Dzeko with a second for good measure :)

• Registered Users Posts: 54,275 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Villa v wigan

I'm tempted to go for kone anytime scorer @2/1.

feck it lads

why didnt I

I saw the odds drop before KO and decided against it

I should of taken the bet there and then

magherakid wrote: »
    Ballinamallard v Crusaders
    Crusaders 11/10
    Crusaders already beat Ballinamallard twice this season hopefully make it 3 after today

boom 3-1 :D

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Over 11 corners in the United game @ evens

In.

15 corners in total.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Stoke to beat Southampton at 5/6 is a great bet for the weekend imo.
    Unbeaten at home ( and only conceded 4) up against a relegation candidate with only 1 win and 1 draw from 8 away games and only 9 goals scored

Gutted about this given the circumstances in which they drew. The stone wall penalty Stoke were denied after 70mins changed the game :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

I'm going big on this double:
    Man City
    Stoke double chance
    @ 1.78

Man City haven't lost 2 Premier League games in a row since 2010, they always bounce back from a defeat. Last year, when they lost 1-0 away to Sunderland, they went on to beat Liverpool 3-0. Last season they won 6-1 away to Norwich (and 5-1 at home), Norwich seem to have lost their momentum, having lost their last 2 games.

Get in! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

Gutted about this given the circumstances in which they drew. The stone wall penalty Stoke were denied after 70mins changed the game :(

Disgusted only team to let me down in a 20/1 accum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Fanny Biscuit

Anyone else fancy Newcastle at 6/1? They will be looking to wipe the recent headlines of 'wee north club' ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

Anyone else fancy Newcastle at 6/1? They will be looking to wipe the recent headlines of 'wee north club' ;)

THey are missing EVERYONE

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Austria!

You can get better odds than that. Here's a friendly link.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/arsenal-v-newcastle/winner

To answer the question, no. I haven't been fully dissuaded form the draw @ 4/1 though, despite the best efforts of fellow punters.

• Advertisement

BTTS in Arsenal vs Newcastle @ 1.70

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭langer91

ANXIOUS wrote: »
    Disgusted only team to let me down in a 20/1 accum.

16/1 accum for me. bitter isn't the word

Not for me after seeing the Newcastle team but good luck

Newcastle: Krul, Simpson, Perch, Coloccini, Santon, Bigirimana, Tiote, Cisse, Marveaux, Obertan, Ba.

Walcott anytime 11/8

• Registered Users Posts: 6,733 ✭✭✭Fowler87

15e of that late RVP goal on Walcott anytime on PP. I see there is better odds elsewhere, but **** it, I want more money of them shower:pac: Good record against Newcastle too and he is starting up top again. Lots of goals hopefully

The Newcastle line up doesn't look too bad imo, Marveaux is a good player, I can definitely see them score.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,880 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Berba left me down, but I'm on Theo first and anytime aswell today - after Stokes result it would be nice if he scored first and got a second aswell - big performance needed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Fanny Biscuit

The Newcastle line up doesn't look too bad imo, Marveaux is a good player, I can definitely see them score.

Not the worst line up from Newcastle and it suggest to me they will try catch Arsenal on the break with pace.

Going to have a small bet on a Newcastle win.

Over 11 corners in the Arsenal game @ evens.

Half the stake of the last bet though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭squirrelohara

Im doin the Walcott wincast @ 2/1. Cmon you lil weener

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭stingerro

One mention for New Year games. West Ham will be without Collins and Nolan against Norwich, plus they have Diame with long term injury. Norwich double chance is around 1.80, pretty good IMO.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement