Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football Tips Thread v3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

magherakid wrote: »
    Not for me after seeing the Newcastle team but good luck

Newcastle: Krul, Simpson, Perch, Coloccini, Santon, Bigirimana, Tiote, Cisse, Marveaux, Obertan, Ba.

Walcott anytime 11/8

boom :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Im doin the Walcott wincast @ 2/1. Cmon you lil weener

Why do i just look at bets like this and go , hmm i mgiht do it , without doing it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

BTTS in Arsenal vs Newcastle @ 1.70

Get in! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Arsenal v Newcastle
    Arsenal go into this game on the back of their best run of league form all season having won their last 3 league games. They will also be considerably fresher than their opponents having seen their St. Stephen's day clash with West Ham postponed. Newcastle enter this game in a bad run of form having lost 7 of their last 9 league encounters with the 2 other games being home victories over basement outfits Wigan and QPR. They have yet to win on their travels and have lost their last four away games. Arsenal's home form has been okay, however, with the injuries Newcastle have and the extra rest Arsenal have had I can't look past an Arsenal win. Arsenal are still a tad short for me at 2/5 especially with recent shock home defeats to Swansea fresh on the mind. I think a far better bet is for both teams to score at 5/6. Newcastle have scored in 7 of their 9 away games and but for the woodwork could have incredibly scored more than the 3 they managed at Old Trafford last time out. On the other hand they have yet to keep a clean sheet on their travels and only 4 teams have a worse defensive record away from home than Newcastle (18 goals conceded in 9 games). 5 of 8 teams have found the net at the Emirates this season with 4 of these teams finding the net at least twice, so Arsenal do give chances away from home and you'd fancy Newcastle's strikers to take one of these chances.[/QUOTE]
    main bet wins profit :D:D

Tomorrow Liverpool are @ 1.80 to beat QPR... on January 14th, Tottenham are away to QPR too and they're @ 1.85 to win... so the bookies really think there's not much difference between Liverpool and Spurs? :eek:

Reading having won today, QPR desperately need points now.. does anyone think they can beat Pool?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,880 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Berba left me down, but I'm on Theo first and anytime aswell today - after Stokes result it would be nice if he scored first and got a second aswell - big performance needed!

And a big performance given..... he just scored his second, double it up PP:D

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Over 11 corners in the Arsenal game @ evens.

Half the stake of the last bet though.

FFS!

11 ****ing corners.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭squirrelohara

Im doin the Walcott wincast @ 2/1. Cmon you lil weener

And what an epic game he had. Give that man a contract as a striker

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

FFS!

11 ****ing corners.

10 great goals
    9 Ladies Dancing
    8 Maids a Milking
    7 Swans a Swimming
    6 Geese a Laying
    5 Golden Rings
    4 Calling Birds
    3 French Hens
    2 Turtle Doves
    and Theo Wallcot scored a Hat Trick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Austria!

Tomorrow Liverpool are @ 1.80 to beat QPR... on January 14th, Tottenham are away to QPR too and they're @ 1.85 to win... so the bookies really think there's not much difference between Liverpool and Spurs? :eek:

Reading having won today, QPR desperately need points now.. does anyone think they can beat Pool?

http://www.statto.com/football/teams/queens-park-rangers/2012-2013
    Here are QPR's results this year. You must not have seen them. That's an 11% win rate at home.

Also, the lowest price for them I'm getting is 1.91 and they're as high as 2 in many places.

• Advertisement

Austria! wrote: »
    http://www.statto.com/football/teams/queens-park-rangers/2012-2013
    Here are QPR's results this year. You must not have seen them. That's an 11% win rate at home.

Also, the lowest price for them I'm getting is 1.91 and they're as high as 2 in many places.

and Reading had only won 1 game before today... QPR are bound to start winning again sooner or later, why not against a very unpredictable Liverpool side who might be without Suarez?

Two bets for tomorrow. Was hoping Everton corner spread would be a bit better than the standard +1 @ 4/6 but alas, it isn't -

Torres Anytime @ 2/1

Liverpool -2 on the corner spread @ evens

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭stingerro

Two bets for tomorrow. Was hoping Everton corner spread would be a bit better than the standard +1 @ 4/6 but alas, it isn't -

Torres Anytime @ 2/1

QPR had a lot of corners vs WBA. And under Redknapp you can expect that they will be better in this category. I will personally wait on line up and hopefully go for over 12.

Nice to see you doing more football bets, you basketball maniac :rolleyes:

stingerro wrote: »
    QPR had a lot of corners vs WBA. And under Redknapp you can expect that they will be better in this category. I will personally wait on line up and hopefully go for over 12.

Nice to see you doing more football bets, you basketball maniac :rolleyes:

Thought you disappeared. But yeah, just dabbling in it atm, basketball has been too kind to me so I have a few euro to spare and throw it on the footy is the main reason.

Liverpool and corners will be my one constant throughout the rest of the season. I took note of QPR's last game too. Probably include over 11 corners as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 George99

Torres Anytime @ 2/1

Interesting .....
    I am going 2 spread on Everton v Chelsea corners in the £5 pool.
    But Poolpit don't have the same market in tomoz QPR v Liverpool.
    Probably hit the £10 + go Liverpool all the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,275 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

what is the story with Suarez?

I have a strictly dont bet on pool but lads the liverpool result and over 2.5 goals @ 2/1 is screaming out at me

argg I just dont know what to do

Headshot wrote: »
    I have a strictly dont bet on pool but lads the liverpool result and over 2.5 goals @ 2/1 is screaming out at me

I am sitting here, at 2:30AM, and think that is a great bet - and I hate betting on Pool too.

Stats say both QPR and Pool go Overs in at least half of their games his season.

The same fixture last year was 3 - 2 though (Pool lost). The match at Anfield that season was 1 - 0 (Pool win). QPR was a bit more treathening last season though - so they may not be good comparisions.

I am as conflicted as you are tbh :(

Livorno (2nd in league) look to be a huge price tonight IMO - available @ 1.88.

They are on an AMAZING run, and they recently beat the league leaders during this run. That match saw them beat Sassuolo (in a home game) 3-2. Sure, that is not a convicing win, but it is still a win against a top of the table team.

They have also won thier last 6 home on the trot. It should be noted that 5 of these 6 were against teams placed lower that Juve (today's opposition), but all wre still strong wins.

Juve's form is the pola opposite of Livorno - and they have lost 4 from last 5 games whilst away. They have only won against team lower than them in the league this season. Sassuolo (1st), Modena (4th)' and Hellas Verona (3rd) have already beaten them when they were playing away this season.

I really, really like the look of this match. Those odds seem too high IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

I'm on Draw/Chelsea 11/2 and Everton/Chelsea 28/1.

"They've" come in for Pool again so have to oppose at current price.

• Advertisement

tinodz wrote: »
    Livorno (2nd in league) look to be a huge price tonight IMO - available @ 1.88.

They are on an AMAZING run, and they recently beat the league leaders during this run. That match saw them beat Sassuolo (in a home game) 3-2. Sure, that is not a convicing win, but it is still a win against a top of the table team.

They have also won thier last 6 home on the trot. It should be noted that 5 of these 6 were against teams placed lower that Juve (today's opposition), but all wre still strong wins.

Juve's form is the pola opposite of Livorno - and they have lost 4 from last 5 games whilst away. They have only won against team lower than them in the league this season. Sassuolo (1st), Modena (4th)' and Hellas Verona (3rd) have already beaten them when they were playing away this season.

I really, really like the look of this match. Those odds seem too high IMO.

Important Follow up to this.

Luci and Paulinho, a midfielder and their main striker who have played all 21 games for Livorno this season are not playing today - according to team news. Kinda explains the odds. They have other good players, and should still win, but those are both highly notable losses.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,858 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

rarely touch them either but I think they'll win this
    I refuse to back them at odds on but that is one hell of a price
    edit, suarez wincast 2s also

• Registered Users Posts: 25 George99

George99 wrote: »
    Interesting .....
    I am going 2 spread on Everton v Chelsea corners in the £5 pool.
    But Poolpit don't have the same market in tomoz QPR v Liverpool.
    Probably hit the £10 + go Liverpool all the way.

Free £10 for newbies - if you are interested in this stuff.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056825776

Bug in the Liverpool camp, Brendan Rogers not in the dugout either didnt travel with the team

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭squirrelohara

Brendan rodgers wont be at the game because of doctors orders. Not sure if that would affect anyone who was thinking of backing liverpool

Brendan Rodgers sick of Liverpool losing probably :P

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Laika1986

The only Liverpool player missing at the moment with the virus is Brad Jones

• Registered Users Posts: 3,692 ✭✭✭Corvo

Small bet on Torres first goalscorer because of the special.

Don't usually touch Liverpool at all, but Suarez wincast at 2/1 looks ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Fancy 2 draws today.
    Nothing else stands out to me.

• Advertisement

So odds have shortened on that so that makes up my mind not to be near it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement