Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football Tips Thread v3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

Headshot wrote: »
    So odds have shortened on that so that makes up my mind not to be near it

But.. With Rodgers not there, Liverpool have a great chance!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

#LFC team to face QPR: Reina, Johnson, Skrtel, Agger, Enrique, Gerrard, Allen, Henderson, Sterling, Downing, Suarez.

#QPR XI: Cesar, Diakite, Traore, Hill (C), Cisse, Taarabt, Wright-Phillips, Mackie, Onuoha, Nelsen, Mbia

Julio Cesar in goal instead of Green

I've gone for QPR double chance @ 1.95

edit @ 2.05 now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Rekop dog wrote: »
    I'm on Draw/Chelsea 11/2 and Everton/Chelsea 28/1.

"They've" come in for Pool again so have to oppose at current price.

Nice halftime/fulltime winner.

Liverpool price contracted even more *confused*. Big lay for me now at this price.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

small bit on Sterling/Suarez first scorer PP double odds if score again

tinodz wrote: »
    Livorno (2nd in league) look to be a huge price tonight IMO - available @ 1.88.

They are on an AMAZING run, and they recently beat the league leaders during this run. That match saw them beat Sassuolo (in a home game) 3-2. Sure, that is not a convicing win, but it is still a win against a top of the table team.

They have also won thier last 6 home on the trot. It should be noted that 5 of these 6 were against teams placed lower that Juve (today's opposition), but all wre still strong wins.

Juve's form is the pola opposite of Livorno - and they have lost 4 from last 5 games whilst away. They have only won against team lower than them in the league this season. Sassuolo (1st), Modena (4th)' and Hellas Verona (3rd) have already beaten them when they were playing away this season.

I really, really like the look of this match. Those odds seem too high IMO.

Loss :(

Anytime I think I got good odds, the bookie wins in the end.

Sorry any followers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,858 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

mailburner wrote: »
    rarely touch them either but I think they'll win this
    I refuse to back them at odds on but that is one hell of a price
    edit, suarez wincast 2s also

bad weekend, said i'd be sensible and leave it alone
    had it in a double with everton dnb though
    what it rains it pours :mad:

Headshot wrote: »
    So odds have shortened on that so that makes up my mind not to be near it

Sees Pool game score...

Are you okay Headshot? Post if you are okay!

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Two bets for tomorrow. Was hoping Everton corner spread would be a bit better than the standard +1 @ 4/6 but alas, it isn't -

Torres Anytime @ 2/1

Liverpool -2 on the corner spread @ evens

Torres is a tit.

Main bet of the weekend came in. Happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

How bad are QPR lads? Away till Chelsea next

Chelsea v QPR
    Chelsea Goals Over 2.5 11/10
    That price wont be around for long with Stanjames and Ladbrokes

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

magherakid wrote: »

Chelsea v QPR

Great price, could be a goalfest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,050 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Great price, could be a goalfest

Harry could set up the team very defensive like the second half today with Derry in the midfield. But with the pace of them two QPR centre halves Chelsea could hit them for 6

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

magherakid wrote: »

Chelsea v QPR

Anyone know if they'd take this bet in the shop or is it just online?
    I know that they dont take certain bets that are on the Ladbrokes site......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Avfctom

Right guys i know villa have been dreadful the last three games but before that we where six unbeaten and beat liverpool at anfield we had ron vlaar our rock at the back and gabby agbonlahor who links up well with benteke and gives us an outlet with his pace both of whom are expected to be fit for the swansea game personally think we can take somethink from this game and i will put my faith in my beloved villa

Aston villa to win 9/2
    Aston villa or draw 13/10
    Christian benteke anytime 2/1
    Christian benteke 2 or more 10/1

I know swansea is a hard place to go at anytime and after recent results villa should have no chance it might be my heart talking but i have a feeling villa will bounce back

• Registered Users Posts: 54,275 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Swansea v villa

Gone for -1 AH Swansea 2.050

Swansea the much better team here and I hope they prove it

Southampton v Arsenal
    Over Goal-line 3.0 @ 2.025

Hopefully we'll see a goal fest in this, Nice odds on Walcott too

That is a double btw

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Team goals:
    Chelsea over 2,5 @1,9
    Arsenal over 1,5 @1.61
    Swansea over 1,5 @1.66
    Treble @5.13

Probably ends up a failure by a red card here or there what what can you do? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

BTTS = NO in Tottenham vs Reading @ 1.78

Reading seem to be playing very defensively now (0-1 vs City, 0-0 vs Swansea and 1-0 vs West Ham) and surely they're gonna use the same tactic vs Spurs as the one that almost got them a point vs City.
    This game should be similar to Tottenham's last 2 home games:
    0-0 vs Stoke (Stoke had only 2 shots on target)
    1-0 vs Swansea (Swansea had ZERO shots on target)
    and since Spurs have the best keeper in the league, I doubt Reading will score.
    btw, Bale is suspended for Spurs.

Hopefully I can start the new year with a win :p

also gone for a small double of Under 2.5 in this game and Man City vs Stoke @ 4.31

• Registered Users Posts: 4,768 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

West Brom to win at home to Fulham @2.00

Fulham are terrible away from Home and West Brom look to be over their mini slump (despite the loss to united on saturday) 2.00 looks very generous here for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,733 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Looking at anytime scorers in tomorrow championship games, good value on the likes of Rhodes and Vydra but player who's finding his feet again (scored 2 Saturday as well), Sam Baldock @ 11/4 (bet365) looks serious price. He's away to Millwall who are leaking goals atm so getting on that price

Swindon v Pompei
    Swindon -1 6/5

Swindon havent played over the xmas due to waterlogged pitches, there last game was the 21st when they beat Tranmere 5-0 at home. No injuries while Pompei have a few and Izale Mcleod there main striker is serving a one match ban.
    Hopefully they didnt have too good a rest Swindon, but with the nice rest and a struggling Pompei they should win this comfortably.

http://www.football365.com/match/3519145/preview

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

Swindon have to be value at home to Portsmouth in the early game tomorrow, there 4/9 to win and 13/10 (-1). Portsmouth in serious trouble right now - Izzy has been released and several other players don't want to risk playing now that the transfer window has opened, on the up side D Connoly ( remember him?) has joined them on a short term contract but I reckon a rested Swindon(St Stephens day game called off) are great value

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,275 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Im half thinking of going for a Boyles special

Van persie and Cazorla anytime assists @ 11/1

Van persie is joint 2nd with 6 assists this season and Cazorla is joint 3rd with 5
    http://soccernet.espn.go.com/stats/assists/_/league/eng.1/barclays-premier-league?cc=5739

It sure is an interesting one. Maybe ill wait to see the lineups

I think I'd be willing to risk betting on 2 or more First Half goals in the Swindon v Pompy game due to the problems they are facing.

It is available @ 2.19 on Betfair, but think I can get my bet matched a bit higher.

Defiently will stick €10 on it. Might raise that after a gander at the stats.

Edit
    - Stats say Swindon score 64% of their goals in the first half - thats 23 of 37 goals in the leauge this season. Also in portsmouth's las two games, two goals were score in the first 45'

I like the sound of that!

Edit2 - on this at 2.80 on Betfair now

Portsmouth biggest defeat is only 3-0 away and last 7/8 games theyve lost by the odd goal. More inclined to go for the HT/FT now at 11/10. Still have a bit on the -1, suppose Pompei are 'jew' a pasting
    My main bet tommorow this is!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Austria!

BTTS = NO in Tottenham vs Reading @ 1.78

Reading seem to be playing very defensively now (0-1 vs City, 0-0 vs Swansea and 1-0 vs West Ham) and surely they're gonna use the same tactic vs Spurs as the one that almost got them a point vs City.
    This game should be similar to Tottenham's last 2 home games:
    0-0 vs Stoke (Stoke had only 2 shots on target)
    1-0 vs Swansea (Swansea had ZERO shots on target)
    and since Spurs have the best keeper in the league, I doubt Reading will score.
    btw, Bale is suspended for Spurs.

Hopefully I can start the new year with a win :p

also gone for a small double of Under 2.5 in this game and Man City vs Stoke @ 4.31

On it @ 1.91.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

are bookies open 2mrw lads? happy new year all

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

Yes they are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Drac the Bassman

two draws

Walsall
    Barnet

Pays over 9/1 for the double

Alfreton vs Mansfield

This is probably a really bad match to bet on tbh, as both teams are rubbish as all hell. However statswise (looking at home/away form in just the league) it seem that Alfreton are less rubbish than Mansfield. This is interesting to me, as it seems most bookies have priced Mansfield as favourites.

Alfreton to win @ 2/1 seems worthwhile (if only for a small stake)

Alfreton vs Mansfield

This is probably a really bad match to bet on tbh, as both teams are rubbish as all hell. However statswise (looking at home/away form in just the league) it seem that Alfreton are less rubbish than Mansfield. This is interesting to me, as it seems most bookies have priced Mansfield as favourites.

Alfreton to win @ 2/1 seems worthwhile (if only for a small stake)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Shamelessly stolen from another forum:

If you had backed Stoke with a +1.5 start in their last 24 Premier League matches, you would have had 23 winners. :eek:

Today that will get you @1.925

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement