Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football Tips Thread v3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

United to win is drifting, across all bookies.

I wonder why?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

tinodz wrote: »
    United to win is drifting, across all bookies.

I wonder why?

4/6 sure is a nice price. United will be keen to avenge their loss there at that crucial stage of last season

I think vanPerise might be getting rested today - he is one match away from a suspension. Yellow today means he misses Liverool game, although card in Liveroool game means he misses Spurs (also not ideal)...

...Fergie will probably try to time the suspension to the Southhampton game.

I should remember to be on that if he is still on 4 yellows for the Spurs game :p

I think vanPerise might be getting rested today - he is one match away from a suspension. Yellow today means he misses Liverool game, although card in Liveroool game means he misses Spurs (also not ideal)...

I should remember to be on that if he is still on 4 yellows for the Spurs game :p

Nope. Players now need to have accumulated 10 yellows by mid-April to get a suspension. F.A. rules (the 5 yellow ruling only applies until Dec 31st). I'd say Rvp and Hernandez should start against Wigan

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

was there not an amnesty after the last round of games ? cant see him being rested 2 games in a row

• Advertisement

Man United/Man City double is just under 5/4 on Bet365. Likin the look of that

manual_man wrote: »
    Nope. Players now need to have accumulated 10 yellows by mid-April to get a suspension. F.A. rules (the 5 yellow ruling only applies until Dec 31st). I'd say Rvp and Hernandez should start against Wigan

Thanks for this - I had convinced myself there was something going on with bookings.

I still think the drift is a bit weird though. Really interested in the team news now to see if there is a reason behind it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,880 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Happy New Year All

All over Swindon today. Should be eager and fresh given their last match was called off and given the opposition should hopefully push on for a handy win.

Win, ht/ft, -1 and to win both halves.

Chelsea v QPR
    The bet that stands out to me is Chelsea to win to nil at 20/21. They have kept clean sheets in their last 3 league games at Stamford Bridge while QPR have failed to find the net in 4 of their last 6 away games and they looked devoid of ideas against Liverpool last time out going down 3-0 at home.

I rarely do more than doubles but I really like the look of this four fold
    West Brom 20/21 Excellent at home (7/10 wins), Fulham have gone off the boil (1 win in 12, lost 3 of last 4 away)
    Swansea 6/10 Villa are in freefall just can't see anything but a home win
    Man Utd 8/13 Best away record in league and excellent record against Wigan
    Arsenal 8/11 Best run of league form all season (4 wins on spin)

Pays just shy of 8/1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,050 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Man C Man U Spurs Coventry Swindon 5/1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Villa are to be backed today for sure at current prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭Sin City

RVP
    Tevez
    Defoe

First to score 75/1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Avfctom

Rekop dog wrote: »
    Villa are to be backed today for sure at current prices.
    If we get back to how we where playing before the pummeling we have taken we can win the game need similar performance to that at anfield and carrow road first goal is vital villa get it confidence will come back concede could be another landslide but at 5/1 worth a dig

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Happy New Year Punters, Hope You All Smash The Bookies This Year Again :)

Double
    Crusaders v Portadown
    Crusaders 8/11
    Crusaders are strong at home unbeaten in their last 5, i fancy them to nick this.

Donegal Celtic v Glenavon
    Glenavon 5/4
    Donegal Celtic are struggling bad, Glenavon were unlucky at the weekend against Portadown once they went a man down it changed the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Fanny Biscuit

Accumilator for today.
    Manutd
    Man City
    Aston Villa ;)
    Swindon
    Crystal Palace

• Registered Users Posts: 45,454 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

I think united minus a goal @ 9/4 is good value today.

Think they'll win 2 or 3 nil tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭markc91

United line up; De Gea, Rafael, Fedinand, Evans, Evra, Young, Carrick, Cleverley, Giggs, Van Persie, Hernandez

• Registered Users Posts: 54,275 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Headshot wrote: »
    Im half thinking of going for a Boyles special

Van persie and Cazorla anytime assists @ 11/1

Van persie is joint 2nd with 6 assists this season and Cazorla is joint 3rd with 5
    http://soccernet.espn.go.com/stats/assists/_/league/eng.1/barclays-premier-league?cc=5739

It sure is an interesting one. Maybe ill wait to see the lineups

Van Persie & Cazorla @ 11/1
    Assist Multiples
    Tuesday's Any Goal Assist Double 2
    Total stake € 18.00
    Estimated return € 216.00

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Austria!

United to win is 1.75? Can anyone tell me why I shouldn't get on that? Last season's loss? The fact that Wigan are Wigan? Because that is very tempting.

• Advertisement

Man City v Stoke
    Over 3.5 Cards 5/4
    Got a nice bet on this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

Two small punts for me today
    DeGuzman anytime @ 4/1 - very attack minded and had a few chances in the last game, mind you he's often subbed early
    Vertonghen anytime @ 6/1 - plenty written about him here already this season, I just reckon it may be from a set piece Spurs nick this game

Also just saw the Swansea Line up - very attack minded, over 2.5 @ 8/11and Swansea (-1) @ 17/10, I just cant see what has changed @ Villa and Swansea are tough buggers at home

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Portsmouth biggest defeat is only 3-0 away and last 7/8 games theyve lost by the odd goal. More inclined to go for the HT/FT now at 11/10. Still have a bit on the -1, suppose Pompei are 'jew' a pasting
    My main bet tommorow this is!

Small profit only. Pity about the ht/ft damn!

Pasting or wha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

Radonman wrote: »
    Swindon have to be value at home to Portsmouth in the early game tomorrow, there 4/9 to win and 13/10 (-1). Portsmouth in serious trouble right now - Izzy has been released and several other players don't want to risk playing now that the transfer window has opened, on the up side D Connoly ( remember him?) has joined them on a short term contract but I reckon a rested Swindon(St Stephens day game called off) are great value

Very happy with that :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,880 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Happy New Year All

All over Swindon today. Should be eager and fresh given their last match was called off and given the opposition should hopefully push on for a handy win.

Win, ht/ft, -1 and to win both halves.

Why didn't Collins get 1 of his 4 goals in the first half:(

magherakid wrote: »
    Happy New Year Punters, Hope You All Smash The Bookies This Year Again :)

Double
    Crusaders v Portadown
    Crusaders 8/11
    Crusaders are strong at home unbeaten in their last 5, i fancy them to nick this.

Donegal Celtic v Glenavon
    Glenavon 5/4
    Donegal Celtic are struggling bad, Glenavon were unlucky at the weekend against Portadown once they went a man down it changed the game.

Glenavon got beat :mad:
    magherakid wrote: »
    Man City v Stoke
    Over 3.5 Cards 5/4
    Got a nice bet on this

4 Cards :D

Accumilator for today.
    Manutd
    Man City
    Aston Villa ;)
    Swindon
    Crystal Palace

Bet your as gutted as me villa couldunt hold on

Avfctom wrote: »
    Right guys i know villa have been dreadful the last three games but before that we where six unbeaten and beat liverpool at anfield we had ron vlaar our rock at the back and gabby agbonlahor who links up well with benteke and gives us an outlet with his pace both of whom are expected to be fit for the swansea game personally think we can take somethink from this game and i will put my faith in my beloved villa

Aston villa to win 9/2
    Aston villa or draw 13/10
    Christian benteke anytime 2/1
    Christian benteke 2 or more 10/1

I know swansea is a hard place to go at anytime and after recent results villa should have no chance it might be my heart talking but i have a feeling villa will bounce back

Had a feeling we would get a result and my heart proved right gutted we couldunt hold on for the win but a draw is a good result and make a profit with villa or draw and benteke scoring hopefully road to recovery paul lamberts claret and blue army

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Fanny Biscuit

Avfctom wrote: »
    Bet your as gutted as me villa couldunt hold on

It would have being nice alright. I was to busy on PP looking at using my winnings on the Arsenal game to notice Swansea had equalised.

• Advertisement

Southampton v Arsenal
    Walcott anytime 11/8

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement