Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football Tips Thread v3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭ConorCBS

Arsenal played close to a full strength team against Bradford and are alot better than Villa. Hard to make a case for Bradford outright but I think its also hard to have any faith in a Villa team that conceded 18 goals in their last 5 games and were blessed it wasnt more(Swansea should have beaten them comfortably) on top of that a small pitch with a hostile atmosphere it will be interesting to see how Villa deal with that.

I know Arsenal played a strong team but if their attitude isn't right mentally it would still have an effect. This will probably be Villa's best chance of reaching a cup final for years and I can't see them messing it up against Bradford. Yes, Bradford have been good and their will be a full house, but I believe Villa's quality will hopefully shine through. I can see Villa drawing tonight and getting the job done at Villa Park, but I just don't see them losing tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Barrow who are bottom of the Conference are away to Luton Town (6th place), they are under a transfer embargo which won't be lifted until tomorrow and could have just 12 outfield players tonight ,worth twittering the line up after 7 pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭JonnyM

luton -1 @ 11/10 with PP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Avfctom

I know im a villa fan so may be biased but think where massively overpriced and will have big stakes on

Villa win 4/5
    Villa -1 12/5
    Benteke wincast

Villas best perfomances this year have been in this competition with wins away from home against man city 4-2 swindon 3-2 norwich 4-1 all tricky games and tonight a league two side if we dont fall behind i can see premier league class showing through second half and also villa are pushing to win this competition for stilyan petrov as he has been given permission to walk the team out at wembley and lift the trophy by the fa thats my input good luck lads cmon villa do it for stan

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Avfctom wrote: »
    I know im a villa fan so may be biased but think where massively overpriced and will have big stakes on

Villa win 4/5
    Villa -1 12/5
    Benteke wincast

Villas best perfomances this year have been in this competition with wins away from home against man city 4-2 swindon 3-2 norwich 4-1 all tricky games and tonight a league two side if we dont fall behind i can see premier league class showing through second half and also villa are pushing to win this competition for stilyan petrov as he has been given permission to walk the team out at wembley and lift the trophy by the fa thats my input good luck lads cmon villa do it for stan

Massively overpriced at 4/5?? Hardly :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

avfc tom you must have lost your bollox on villa if you back them like that in every game :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

Massively overpriced at 4/5?? Hardly :eek:

1.96 on pinnacle, too good not to take tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

#AVFC: Given, Clark [c], Bennett, Baker, Lowton, Bannan, Delph, Weimann, N’Zogbia, Agbonlahor, Benteke.

not sure what to think though, Arsenal also had a strong line up.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 George99

ConorCBS wrote: »
    I will be getting involved somehow at that price as, despite Bradford's excellent performances so far, it is still a Premier League club vs. a League 2 club in the semi-final of the cup. Also I feel there is little danger of Villa underestimating Bradford which Arsenal may have done.

Agreed - basics really. Villa should be comfortable even although they have conceded 18 goals .........

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Aston Villa (-1) @ 9/4
    (3 Way Handicap +1)
    Luton Town @ 2/5
    (Match Betting)
    Multiple Type: Double
    Stake: 10.00
    Possible Return: 45.50

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

Aston Villa have won all 19 previous League Cup ties against teams from the fourth tier, scoring 95 in total in 27 games.

I kinda agree with AVFCTom on this - for once

madma wrote: »
    avfc tom you must have lost your bollox on villa if you back them like that in every game :)
    Lol god no i tend to stay away from backing my own team but premier league v league two at 4/5 looks like serious value i was expecting 1/3 1/2

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

All aboard Villa 10/11

Good luck :)

Avfctom wrote: »
    Lol god no i tend to stay away from backing my own team but premier league v league two at 4/5 looks like serious value i was expecting 1/3 1/2

yeah its still a decent price but it looks as if bradford at home in cup has been a fortress as we've seen but surely sooner or later they will get beaten. strong villa lineup too

• Registered Users Posts: 12,050 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Luton/Guiseley double. Staying clear of Villa

took villa ht/ft @ 2/1 not confident though..

and for the craic villa 6 goals or more 2.50 got matched @ 100/1. it was 70/1. only 1.26 got matched but sure thats down the drain now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Lumped on Villa also @ 5/6

Im liking the look of their team.

Best of Luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

mike65 wrote: »
    Barrow who are bottom of the Conference are away to Luton Town (6th place), they are under a transfer embargo which won't be lifted until tomorrow and could have just 12 outfield players tonight ,worth twittering the line up after 7 pm.

Looks like a good shout, just 2 subs on bench for Barrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,015 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

United on the drift, close to Evens and could possibly be have someone offering that by the weekend :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭JonnyM

luton v barrow both teams not to score got it @ 10/11 in running

• Advertisement

Just did that also after seeing your post and so your fault if it doesn't come up :p

aggggh u should ignore my posts :)

yypical though.. villa had 4 chances in the first 10mins and bradford get a lucky break.. ugghh.. 20mins to turn it around..wisj i avoided this game..

Ah was only messing with ya, am well up from the GGs today anyway ;)

Yeah, reminds me of Swansea v Utd a few weeks back - goal totally against the run of play.

just annoyed as normally stay well clear of cup games but villa have a strong team and the price was good ah well sure didnt have much on it.. least your up for the day!

How many chances does benteke want

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Can't understand how many of you thought 4/5 or even 5/6 was great value :confused: .. Taking under 2.5 @ 8/11 with a small punt for interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Can't understand how many of you thought 4/5 or even 5/6 was great value :confused: .. Taking under 2.5 @ 8/11 with a small punt for interest.
    Was going to back Everton to lead at halftime and win match 11 to 10 PP yesterday,got distracted and forget.Today i have 55 yo yos to win 50 PP and i see they are a goal down and im not even a football punter,jaysus its a jokeshop.

villa all over them early 2nd half.. keeper man of the match so far but villa wasteful.. took them at dnb in play.. if they keep this up they could turn it around

• Registered Users Posts: 54,271 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Headshot wrote: »
    Gone for over 11 corners in the Villa match @ 5/6

I reckon Bradford will go for another 0-0

that'll do corners, that'll do

and thats why thre bookies are rich..how many chances have villa had, bent misses an open goal.. never goin near a cup game again

If lambert cant see we need two experienced centre back and midfielder we are going down

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

Radonman wrote: »
    Looking at the Bradford / Villa game tomorrow evening, Weimann looks good value to score anytime @ 7/4 - 4 in his last 6 games

Very happy with that :) actually got 2/1 in PP for him,

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement